Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 193113 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D1)
« Reply #625 on: July 14, 2016, 11:15:11 am »

In my defense, I did not know the information RR revealed would be so strikingly great for town.

And how did this influence your read on RR, exactly?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 14, 2016, 11:16:01 am »

Reggie's reasoning doesn't work cause I'm not a rolecop

But you are. Your role is even stronger than a rolecop.
If I target someone and learn they're a rolecop or watcher or roleblocker, I've learned nothing about their alignment. I got lucky with Jan.

That's how a Rolecop works, yes. Scum does not need to find out stuff about people's alignments.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 14, 2016, 11:16:35 am »

In my defense, I did not know the information RR revealed would be so strikingly great for town.

It would have been much better for RR to not say anything at all of course. And (I think it was your argument?) was somewhat convincing, but we have a chance to confirm once and for all whether RR's claim is legitimate or not. I think this is so important for D1.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 14, 2016, 11:17:04 am »

But don't we agree, Haddock? We both don't want to lynch RR. We need to play with the best chance for town to win. The best way to do this is to jump on the chance of Jan being scum.
Completely with you on this. 

I was only arguing a technicality here - your earlier post said "lynching conftown is better than lynching confscum". 
Which, well, two things:
1) noone is conf!anything yet, not really.
2) You seemed to be implying that Reggie's argument had no merit at all, which I disagree with.  There's some good points in there which we should be taking into account.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 14, 2016, 11:17:59 am »

If I target someone and learn they're a rolecop or watcher or roleblocker, I've learned nothing about their alignment. I got lucky with Jan.

That's how a Rolecop works, yes. Scum does not need to find out stuff about people's alignments.
Roleop: This is a town aligned roleblocker
My role: This is a roleblocker. Each night this player my target another player to...etc.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: July 14, 2016, 11:18:49 am »

But don't we agree, Haddock? We both don't want to lynch RR. We need to play with the best chance for town to win. The best way to do this is to jump on the chance of Jan being scum.
Completely with you on this. 

I was only arguing a technicality here - your earlier post said "lynching conftown is better than lynching confscum". 
Which, well, two things:
1) noone is conf!anything yet, not really.
2) You seemed to be implying that Reggie's argument had no merit at all, which I disagree with.  There's some good points in there which we should be taking into account.

Reggie's argument was an interesting one, but ultimately probably wrong. Lynching confirmed town is very bad, even if scum gets his ability for not doing it. It's a worthwhile trade.

I was assuming RR was right and confirmed!town. In reality, I am not certain, which is why we need to lynch Jan and find out.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 14, 2016, 11:19:13 am »

I'm gonna need to send an apologetic PM to Ashersky later. No, I won't quit Mafia when you guys lynch me, but it will be disheartening.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 14, 2016, 11:19:21 am »

It would have been much better for RR to not say anything at all of course. And (I think it was your argument?) was somewhat convincing, but we have a chance to confirm once and for all whether RR's claim is legitimate or not. I think this is so important for D1.

Well, lynching RR also confirms whether his claim is legitimate. And you did not argue that we should lynch Jan because it provides information about RR, you argued that we should lynch him because RR is "basically an IC".

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 14, 2016, 11:20:06 am »

Lynching RR because you don't believe him sucks. Lynch Jan first. Then lynch me if I lied.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 14, 2016, 11:20:25 am »

My role: This is a roleblocker. Each night this player my target another player to...etc.

No; a Rolecop would usually just give you "This is a Roleblocker". Otherwise it's a Rolecop and a Cop combined.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 14, 2016, 11:20:34 am »

Oh and faust, you do have something of a point, but voting Seprix is still insane.  Your entire argument there rests on Jan being scum anyway...

PPE. No, RR I don't think that's right.  Rolecop just get the rolename.  They never get alignment info.  The "cop" bit is something of a misnomer.

PPE Seprix.  Ok, but read my post.  As a way of deciding who to lynch between the two (if we can't all decided between us, ie. absent any reads), it's as good as anything.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 14, 2016, 11:22:06 am »

No; a Rolecop would usually just give you "This is a Roleblocker". Otherwise it's a Rolecop and a Cop combined.
Really? Cool I'm better than a Rolecop.

All the more reason to not lynch me!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 14, 2016, 11:22:17 am »

Lynching RR because you don't believe him sucks. Lynch Jan first. Then lynch me if I lied.

It's not usually better this way around, or every scum ever could simply take a townie with them before they are lynched.

That said, I don't think I want to lynch you today.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 14, 2016, 11:22:46 am »

Well, lynching RR also confirms whether his claim is legitimate. And you did not argue that we should lynch Jan because it provides information about RR, you argued that we should lynch him because RR is "basically an IC".

For this day, he sure is. I need to clarify. For this day he is. If Jan is not scum, then we take a good hard look at the situation.

Oh and faust, you do have something of a point, but voting Seprix is still insane.  Your entire argument there rests on Jan being scum anyway...

PPE. No, RR I don't think that's right.  Rolecop just get the rolename.  They never get alignment info.  The "cop" bit is something of a misnomer.

PPE Seprix.  Ok, but read my post.  As a way of deciding who to lynch between the two (if we can't all decided between us, ie. absent any reads), it's as good as anything.

Alright. Fine. I'll consider lynching RR over Jan. I don't think it's the right move at all, so you'll have to convince me it's better than Jan if it comes to it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 14, 2016, 11:23:45 am »

Really? Cool I'm better than a Rolecop.

All the more reason to not lynch me!

You're so hilarious.

J Reggie: "We should lynch RR because he claimed a PR that's good for scum to get."
RR: "No, my PR isn't that good."
faust: "Yes, in fact it's evne better than that."
RR: "Okay, all the more reason not to lynch me."

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 14, 2016, 11:24:21 am »

It's not usually better this way around, or every scum ever could simply take a townie with them before they are lynched.

Tell that to Yuma, Ashersky, Robz, and everyone else with 10 or more games in the retired section.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 14, 2016, 11:26:56 am »

Well one of RR and Jan is scum for sure. I believe in letting outed scum stay alive. I'm sure there are town PRs out there that would love to target outed scum.

But I guess the most important point here is... RR, can you confirm with gkrieg whether you (and thus Jan) are able to self-target? That is important in this.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 14, 2016, 11:27:26 am »

Tell that to Yuma, Ashersky, Robz, and everyone else with 10 or more games in the retired section.

I don't get what you are talkig about.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 14, 2016, 11:28:59 am »

Well one of RR and Jan is scum for sure. I believe in letting outed scum stay alive. I'm sure there are town PRs out there that would love to target outed scum.

But I guess the most important point here is... RR, can you confirm with gkrieg whether you (and thus Jan) are able to self-target? That is important in this.
That's what I'm doing.

And I don't believe in letting outed scum stay alive.

But riddle me this Faust: If I was scum, why would I claim this?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 14, 2016, 11:30:36 am »

Because it's your role.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 14, 2016, 11:31:02 am »

Because it's your role.
No, what would I have to gain, Awaclus?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 14, 2016, 11:31:28 am »

Because it's your role.
Not to get lynched today.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 14, 2016, 11:32:22 am »

Because it's your role.
I wasn't going to get lynched today. So I'd resign myself to getting lynched tomorrow?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 14, 2016, 11:34:27 am »

Because it's your role.
I wasn't going to get lynched today. So I'd resign myself to getting lynched tomorrow?
You were the only wagon to speak of, and at L-2 or L-1 or something. If you hadn't claimed, we would have lynched you, I'm pretty sure.

And yes, you'd resign to that. Better than getting lynched today. Or maybe you decided to sacrifice your partner for your own sake.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 14, 2016, 11:34:55 am »

I just had an epiphany. Of course we can also get RR's role to be confirmed by killing him as well. Duh! Okay, I think I understand why people were upset with me.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.