Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 193102 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D1)
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2016, 07:45:16 pm »

In the game I played with RR, the things he did made sense /from a certain point of view/. I was able to twist my head around his thought-process and basically understand. Here I'm trying to do that, and everything he does seems scum motivated.
Uh, what have I done? In general?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 10, 2016, 07:49:06 pm »

Oh, hey, forum is back up.

My vote is still on Chairs in spirit, but I'm going to take a different route for now and

Vote: Jan.

She has too much focus on flavor and trying to appear helpful, not enough content and trying to find scum.  Talking about the flavor source for the game is fine in RVS, but we've long since left it behind, and it doesn't sit right with me.  There was also the thing where she soft attacked RoadRunner for being defensive of vote(s) on him, but left her vote on her RVS target.

So, talk to me, Jan, oh lover of flavor.  What are three non-flavor related things that you've seen that you think come from a scum mindset?  What are three non-flavor related things you think come from a town mindset?

If you could kill two people right now, who would they be? (And vote one of those two, if you could!)

I am back.

I got asked to sub into the wildcard champsgame because a guy did not confirm up until like 1 hours ago or so.
Now he is there so I don't need to sub in (which is good because I would have asked a friend to sub in for me here because I don't want 3 games at once and this game is early enough to trade slots). Still #1 on the sub list if anyone subs out, but I think people that get wildcard slots are most likely tryhards.

Anyways - the scummiest thing so far? Your ping towards me.

First I am a man. Not sure if the forum states that anywhere, but it is known.
But more importantly pinging me after I said earlier that I will be gone for a while is nothing short of pointless.
If i had not stated that I would be out of this game for a while, then what you did would be useful, but in this case you either don't read the thread or only wan't to look useful with an action like this.

I will get back into this game later today/tomorrow. Busy stuff going on until then.
You see. Easy!

Outside of that .. I mentioned this before :

I'm hopeful Chairs, Jan, Haddock show up and do things.  I have a decent amount of light town reads, which means the people making no imprint on the game are pretty plausibly scum.
Why did you feel like pinging those 3 people back then.
And why did you ping the same three people again, while not caring about my post inbetween?
If you want to get a read on me, you should actually read my fucking words.

That get amped a fair bit by the fact that haddock apparently said we would be gone as well (catching up on the thread as i write). How could you ask for content on 2 people and not know what is going on with the in the first place?

Anyways outside of that.

Seprix last game was fine fighting around early on (with melisandre if i remember it right), his attitude change is jumping to my mind.
I might reread him later, sounds promising.

fonti being on the roadrunner case is interesting, because that guy got townread by 2-3 other people and she is not having any of it.
I disliked RR initial response to the vote too, but his general play is close to last game, i think, but that is just my gut talking.

crons read on fonti is bad, but not alignment indicative for him.
I dislike him jumping on the lurker train, that is the easy way out and at least 2/3 had good reasons for not being as active early on.
BUT Cellogs push attempt rings worse/more phony.

Haddock pushing against the teamlyle townthing is unexpected. If he has reacted to teamlyles initial post then i would say it is more likely town, because mafia are more likely to just move on there and not fight a universal noobtown townread. (if he has not then he might have just missed it and only talk about the other post, which makes it a null thing)

For now :
Vote: Cellovix

Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2016, 07:55:23 pm »

In the game I played with RR, the things he did made sense /from a certain point of view/. I was able to twist my head around his thought-process and basically understand. Here I'm trying to do that, and everything he does seems scum motivated.
You've written things like this.

Everyone can see how mafia this is, right? Right?
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2016, 07:56:32 pm »

You've written things like this.

Everyone can see how mafia this is, right? Right?
I think I wrote that once and I tend to do that more as town.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2016, 07:58:58 pm »

And yes there is a little bit of omgus in there, but a guy voting on someone that said he would be gone and is still within his timeframe instead of voting on someone that they already have a read on (while asking for 3 scumreads, which means he assumes there is enough content in the thread for those) is bullshit.

please what do you think are 3 things written by someone from a "scum mindset".

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2016, 08:08:16 pm »

Hmm yeah that quote is more scummy.

I have read through the sherlock game again just now .. or at least through RR earlier posts and I can see a difference.

hard to pinpoint down
He was more fun and derpy than he is here.

But he also never was under real pressure at all.

Back to back RR posts from last game that are kind of highlight worthy :

"What's the case?"
"Wait I started this wagon."

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2016, 08:13:14 pm »

I have to advocate caution again. You can easily examine two town games of RR and find him pretty different in both. At least I can. If you look at another game where he is town, and genuinely think that he was similar there and in Sherlock, then we can have a discussion.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 10, 2016, 08:13:31 pm »

If roadrunner flips town, good chance Fonti is town. Rarely sticks out her neck that much for a day 1 mafia read on a town as mafia.
If RR is town, then this might be one of the funnier ways to misslynch a town while keeping all the liability away from yourself.

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 10, 2016, 08:36:02 pm »

If roadrunner flips town, good chance Fonti is town. Rarely sticks out her neck that much for a day 1 mafia read on a town as mafia.
If RR is town, then this might be one of the funnier ways to misslynch a town while keeping all the liability away from yourself.

But I'm not keeping liability away from me, I'm keeping it away from Fonti.

Also your read on me jan, I lol'd. I agree, me giving bad reads isn't alignment indicative.
The password is... Soulblighter

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #384 on: July 10, 2016, 08:44:55 pm »

I feel like this thing between ss and ii isn't between two town. At least one of them is scum. I'm leaving my vote where it is for now, but let's keep an eye on those two.

I feel like I'm getting dangerously close to the kind of "if this person is town then this person is scum" thing that I dislike, but what I'm trying to say is there's just likely scum among those two players.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 10, 2016, 08:48:02 pm »

I feel like this thing between ss and ii isn't between two town. At least one of them is scum. I'm leaving my vote where it is for now, but let's keep an eye on those two.

I feel like I'm getting dangerously close to the kind of "if this person is town then this person is scum" thing that I dislike, but what I'm trying to say is there's just likely scum among those two players.

Why?

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #386 on: July 10, 2016, 08:55:47 pm »

Why?

At this point it's more of a gut feeling than anything, but my early gut reads in Sherlock were right (that the was scum between you and ADK, and that Teproc was scum). So I'm not setting anything in stone but I'm on the lookout.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 10, 2016, 08:57:43 pm »

well if iguana flips scum this game I shall consider being quite impressed by your gut.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #388 on: July 10, 2016, 08:58:18 pm »

Why?

At this point it's more of a gut feeling than anything, but my early gut reads in Sherlock were right (that the was scum between you and ADK, and that Teproc was scum). So I'm not setting anything in stone but I'm on the lookout.

And that Seprix and melisandre were both town. Wow. I didn't even think about that.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 10, 2016, 09:17:15 pm »

Also your read on me jan, I lol'd. I agree, me giving bad reads isn't alignment indicative.

Giving bad reads as town makes playing mafia so much easier wouldn't you agree?

Well your vote had no conviction behind just pointing to fonti and seeing what happens next.
Do you think fonti is onto something?

I dislike silvers defense of rr. I can see rr being chaotic in a way that no two games look that much alike, but he is unlikely to change his behavior around completely for no good reason?!
@Silverspawn - do you mind saying why exactly you think rr is town if you don't think that his behavior is comparable meta-wise?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 10, 2016, 09:20:02 pm »

I can't. I have no idea at this point. But I don't think you or font got it right.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #391 on: July 10, 2016, 09:26:48 pm »

See, the thing about mafia that I keep having to remember is that the social aspect really dominates it. It's not always easy to say "this person said this so I know they're scum", but what's more likely is "from the sum of my interactions with this person, I feel like they're playing to this win condition". The second one is harder to explain but really more useful overall.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »

but he is unlikely to change his behavior around completely for no good reason?!

Frankly, no.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 10, 2016, 09:27:51 pm »

There is no thing between me and silverspawn any more than there is every single game. We do not, as they say, jive.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 10, 2016, 09:29:09 pm »

Giving bad reads as town makes playing mafia so much easier wouldn't you agree?

Well your vote had no conviction behind just pointing to fonti and seeing what happens next.
Do you think fonti is onto something?

I dislike silvers defense of rr. I can see rr being chaotic in a way that no two games look that much alike, but he is unlikely to change his behavior around completely for no good reason?!
@Silverspawn - do you mind saying why exactly you think rr is town if you don't think that his behavior is comparable meta-wise?

Roadrunner does things for reactions. He's also quite young, and precocious, and at least during the summer probably has too much time on his hands.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 10, 2016, 09:30:10 pm »

There is no thing between me and silverspawn any more than there is every single game. We do not, as they say, jive.

That is in your head. I take no issue with you. I just think you did scummy things this game. The other game where I pushed you was out of strategic convenience. It is not an example for anything relevant as I knew your alignment and you knew mine.

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 10, 2016, 09:48:44 pm »

Okay, so you think I intentionally give bad reads to cover my tracks better when I roll mafia?  Hmm, if you actually think this, I'm sad.

Also, just because I haven't stated it yet, I do agree with what Fonti is saying on a few of RR's posts. in your experience jan, does Fonti typically go hard on a town for a d1 mislynch as mafia?
The password is... Soulblighter

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2016, 09:50:03 pm »

That is in your head. I take no issue with you. I just think you did scummy things this game. The other game where I pushed you was out of strategic convenience. It is not an example for anything relevant as I knew your alignment and you knew mine.

I am a town though.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 10, 2016, 09:51:49 pm »

you probably are. But the problem is, everyone probably is. You are a bit less likely town than others.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 10, 2016, 10:32:39 pm »

No, I am a town. Ugh ugh ugh ugh hug
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.