Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 193103 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D1)
« Reply #325 on: July 10, 2016, 11:32:57 am »

if I always vote for people after I say they did something scummy, I'm probably scum. As town I have drive to stay close to a projected self-image of a quiet observer. At least that was what just happened.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 10, 2016, 11:33:44 am »

I saw the Princess Bride last night for the first time. So hooray for references that I understand!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 10, 2016, 11:34:25 am »

now this will further complicate future scum games. But I don't intend to draw scum again soon, so it'll be fine.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 10, 2016, 11:41:39 am »

Oh, hey, forum is back up.

My vote is still on Chairs in spirit, but I'm going to take a different route for now and

Vote: Jan.

She has too much focus on flavor and trying to appear helpful, not enough content and trying to find scum.  Talking about the flavor source for the game is fine in RVS, but we've long since left it behind, and it doesn't sit right with me.  There was also the thing where she soft attacked RoadRunner for being defensive of vote(s) on him, but left her vote on her RVS target.

So, talk to me, Jan, oh lover of flavor.  What are three non-flavor related things that you've seen that you think come from a scum mindset?  What are three non-flavor related things you think come from a town mindset?

If you could kill two people right now, who would they be? (And vote one of those two, if you could!)

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 10, 2016, 11:43:05 am »

if I always vote for people after I say they did something scummy, I'm probably scum. As town I have drive to stay close to a projected self-image of a quiet observer. At least that was what just happened.

Can you explain this further? Why do you try to strive for that projected ideal instead of simply being You, for lack of a better way to phrase it.  I don't think it's necessarily alignment indicative, I'm just curious and trying to figure out how you think.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 10, 2016, 11:44:16 am »

@Chairs and @Haddock

The same question I posed to Jan above for you two, also:

What are three non-flavor related things that you've seen that you think come from a scum mindset?  What are three non-flavor related things you think come from a town mindset?

If you could kill two people right now, who would they be? (And vote one of those two, if you could!)

Too much lurking going on, let's shake them and see if content falls out.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 10, 2016, 11:48:20 am »

There is a lot of really awful analysis going around in this game so far.

At least my bad analysis is intentionally bad analysis.

Cite your sources here. What do you consider to be awful analysis, and why?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2016, 11:52:24 am »

Because the forum was down for less than 24hours, the deadline won't be extended

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2016, 11:54:25 am »

Can you explain this further? Why do you try to strive for that projected ideal instead of simply being You, for lack of a better way to phrase it.  I don't think it's necessarily alignment indicative, I'm just curious and trying to figure out how you think.

ah, well. it was not a conscious decision. In reality, people do this all the time, if I'm not misinformed (independent of mafia), they just are almost never aware of it. so when I looked back on the situation, I realized that it was what I did, in that moment, without thinking for more than a few seconds, I thought something like, haha, I will be the quiet mastermind who doesn't commit yet, and if I do, it will be great and stuff.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2016, 12:03:23 pm »

Jan is not a girl, btw.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2016, 12:10:42 pm »

Jan is not a girl, btw.

Noted. Unisex names are tricky.

You're voting Iguana. Do you still stand by that?  I can't really tell if your vote was serious, or joking. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2016, 12:13:08 pm »

it was serious, but not particularly confident. Right now I have igu, JReggie, Haddock, and faust on my radar.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2016, 12:16:08 pm »

Why Haddock compared to Jan or Chairs?  How do you differentiate the three.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 10, 2016, 12:24:05 pm »

Okay, seven days to make a case. I can do that.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 10, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »

Something about this post from haddock made me lean scum. I don't remember what it was, though, to be honest. Looking at it now, it seems null. Can't have been important.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 10, 2016, 12:27:47 pm »

Note though that it's not typical for Haddock to be lurking, and even less so for Jan.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2016, 12:35:26 pm »

Haddock just had the one post.  Feels more like not being here and less lurking.  Might need prodded or replaced.

Jan and Chairs have been active lurking, hence me voting for both of them at various points.

I'm kind of struggling to get a grasp on people because there's a lot of passivity. Very few people actively pushing scum reads or trying to figure out the alignments of others. I acknowledge it's probably a site culture thing that results in a minor playstyle clash. 

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2016, 12:43:50 pm »

I'm back!  And will do this:

@Chairs and @Haddock

The same question I posed to Jan above for you two, also:

What are three non-flavor related things that you've seen that you think come from a scum mindset?  What are three non-flavor related things you think come from a town mindset?

Too much lurking going on, let's shake them and see if content falls out.
shortly.

OK so I've been "lurking" apparently?  I did actually announce that I was VLA.  I've been trying to follow but essentially unable to post.  Some catching up to do.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 10, 2016, 12:44:21 pm »

Haddock just had the one post.  Feels more like not being here and less lurking.  Might need prodded or replaced.

Jan and Chairs have been active lurking, hence me voting for both of them at various points.

I'm kind of struggling to get a grasp on people because there's a lot of passivity. Very few people actively pushing scum reads or trying to figure out the alignments of others. I acknowledge it's probably a site culture thing that results in a minor playstyle clash.

Sorry, Cellovix. Usually I do try and push cases. I'm holding back a bit this time around, because it's gotten me in trouble so often.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 10, 2016, 12:49:59 pm »

Sorry, Cellovix. Usually I do try and push cases. I'm holding back a bit this time around, because it's gotten me in trouble so often.

Can you elaborate? How does trying to lynch people you think are scum get you in trouble? 

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 10, 2016, 01:19:20 pm »

Can you elaborate? How does trying to lynch people you think are scum get you in trouble?

It's so simple, how elegantly you state it. In practice, it is easy to make a mistake.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2016, 01:21:15 pm »

Yes, but I'm trying to understand what you mean by trouble.  You've been wrong? It's gotten you mislynched?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2016, 01:24:55 pm »

There is a lot of really awful analysis going around in this game so far.

At least my bad analysis is intentionally bad analysis.

Cite your sources here. What do you consider to be awful analysis, and why?

Super don't feel like it at this time.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2016, 01:28:02 pm »

P sure Reggie is town.

Also pretty sure RR is mafia and you guys are letting him slide.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2016, 01:57:57 pm »

So, some thoughts. 

Seprix seems his normal self.  His RR vote is pretty bad, not well thought out.  But that's what he's like in my brief experience with him.  unvote

As usual I like faust's analytic play.  Tentative town there.  I'm not sure I'm a massive fan of this question though:
I've played IRL mafia a few times. I'm horrible at being mafia because I'm a really bad liar and everyone can tell.

So I'm just wondering (sorry for being a noob), did anyone get killed last night? Why is everyone voting for random people?
Question for the rest: How much do you believe that this a genuine townslip?
[/quote]
Not sure what I don't like about it.  I guess I would expect faust to answer this question himself rather than ask others.
I guess I want to throw something in here though re lyle's "slip" (sorry I know I'm behind the times here).  Basically I have no idea why anyone's trying to take anything from it.  It wasn't a slip, it was just lack of knowledge about how f.ds mafia works.  It could have been a constructed lack of knowledge, sure.  But there's just no way to tell, it's completely null.  I really don't understand why so much discussion came from it.  But of course that's never a bad thing.  Cron giving him a pass for it is a bit weird.  But meh, it's D1.  Having some D1 passes is useful.

RR seems back to his usual self after a few games of being way too normal.  I'm sticking to my original townlean there.

J Reggie seems towny.  His opening post definitely doesn't seem like the scum!him from Fruit Ninja. 

fonti does not seem super towny.  Her posts don't seem to be contributing much and her position on RR is not the best.

I disagree with like all of the things igu has said and done.  But that's normal for me and igu.  So, null I guess? (Edit:  I actually think I really like his play re RR.  Leaning town)  Not sure I like the big wagon on him, there's no vote on him that has been accompanied by a reason that works for igu in general.

I lean slightly scummy on Jan as well.  Lots of long posts that don't contribute to the game per se.  But I scumread Jan early in Sherlock too...

I have a few posts that look either towny or not, but I'll put them in a separate post as a response to Cellovix's question.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.