Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267704 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1275 on: June 06, 2016, 01:54:49 pm »

Teproc is widely considered the best town player on f.ds

he is? I didn't know that.

Is he a great player?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1276 on: June 06, 2016, 02:12:56 pm »

It's quite simple. Melisandre, you have been driving the game forward like a good little town. However, you're not lynched yet. Why? Teproc is widely considered the best town player on f.ds, so how is he not dead yet? I think it's very reasonable to conclude (especially with a very odd IG NK) that one of you, and possibly both (I won't go that far) is scum.
I'll tell you why IG was night-killed on D3 (if I'm still alive). In the mean-time I recommend you re-read D1.

Clue: the primary focus of scum is hunting town PR's. Scum want to lynch town PR's. Scum want to night kill town PR's.

Your logic to lynch me because I haven't been nightkilled yet is inane (fortunately for you, town-like logic, as it feeds off healthy-paranoia)

"Teproc is widely considered the best town player on f.ds,"
- I don't give a f**k. Is he scum in this game though? Show me scum-Teproc. Not, 'Teproc-is-still-alive-kill-the bast**d'.

"driving the game forward like a good little town" - well I could have lurked out the whole game, not expressed my views and not give a s**t, but that is not in my nature.

Belittling my reads with such moral outrage screams appeal to emotion and only strengthens my read.
Your quite welcome to share your reads. Because their 'logic'/motivation help me with my developing read of you. My "moral outrage" is the one thing that will hopefully keep me motivated today.

@Teproc
. Apparently, you are "widely considered the best town player on f.ds". Why haven't you found scum yet?   >:( [Should I hammer?]
"Napoleon of crime".

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1277 on: June 06, 2016, 02:37:42 pm »

Ok end of day reread because I wasn't there.

Right off the bat RR seems townie.  Even him talking about his IC status is pretty townie, even if he gets the meaning of IC wrong.

So IG's most memorable thing was his 'forgetting the flavor slip,' which SS pointed out.

And guess what? That makes SS unbelievably scummy. I'm not sure if I can really explain this, but he got all the towncred for pointing out a 'slip' that clearly isn't a slip, so IG gets nothing, but ss still gets that towncred...

And you know what they say! Only scum tries to get town cred!
Vote: silverspawn

This post in particular seems townie, because it is RR trying to do something.

I'm basically an IC.

Oh hoh ho, those are big mighty words.
If everyone has a town read on you, you have achieved IC status. Of course, I'll lose it when I botch a fake claim people decide I did a thing and I can't defend myself, but it happens.
This is not what IC status means, and your latest posts are mildly scummy in my book.

I don't agree with this post.  I think the last posts of RR are pretty townie.

My preferred lynches are Liopoil, Jan, ADK, and Fontisian, in no particular order. I have an ADK scumslip by the way, let me find it.
*votes for ss*

I agree with meli; you and seprix should move your votes.

I also don't like fake votes.  Scum points to Lio

Wow, so we're getting close to the deadline and I still don't have any solid scum reads. I still think Jan is the way to go, but I could be persuaded otherwise. I'm not sure why Teproc is bussing me so hard reads me as scum. Does anyone else?

We don't have plurality lynch do we? This is going to be difficult.

JReggie seems to be very concerned with how people read him this game.  Almost all of this post is scummy, extremely hedgy and asking other peoples' reads on him.

Liopoil wagon

So liopoil wagon gets to Teproc,Haddock, Hydrad, Awaclus, ADK.  RR reacts that he doesn't like the wagon, ss says he isn't opposed at all, but likes a Jan lynch better

Melis doesn't join the wagon because he doesn't like the voters on the wagon.  e says that he would rather go for Jan still.

I don't really understand Jan's wagon analysis

RR then votes for lio and the Jan wagon dissolves pretty quickly.  I guess it dissolves after he defends himself, which is good.  It seems to dissolve pretty naturally.

and the way your wagon dissolved was weird, because your defense wans't towny at all. It could have been scum recognizing a chance to hop off.

This doesn't seem like very good reasoning.  I don't think scum would be bussing Jan the way the wagon formed.  I guess thinking about it more, you may be right.  Either town jumped off it when they believed the defense, or scum jumped off their partner because they made a defense they could believe.  I still lean towards town jumping off the wagon because they believed the defense.

ADK and gkrieg would have to be wifoming to vote consecutively like that as partners. I don't think this site is aware of that kind of vote analysis, so it seems unlikely.

Here, have a rainbow:
fontisian
Reggie
Roadrunner
Ichi

ADK
Teproc
Haddock
lio
gkreig

Jan
silverspawn
Melisandre

Awaclus
Hydrad

Seprix
e

This reads list seems interesting to me.  Why do you townread IG and JReggie?

Well I got to #950 and will do stuff more later

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 06, 2016, 03:17:00 pm »

Liopoli's *votes for SS* thing wasn't a fake vote, it was a remark that I had voted for ss even though he wasn't on my scummy people list.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1279 on: June 06, 2016, 03:41:27 pm »

JReggie seems to be very concerned with how people read him this game.  Almost all of this post is scummy, extremely hedgy and asking other peoples' reads on him.

I was unconcerned with how people read me in Fruit Ninja. Just a reminder. I'm town here.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 06, 2016, 03:45:12 pm »

Hmm. It seems like my question about Teproc earlier didn't go through. Can someone elaborate on the case against him? I liked a lot of his D1 stuff, iirc.

Gkrieg: I don't think a relatively new player would be capable of faking the combination of hesitancy, aggro and game solving that Reggie has as scum. Ichi, I was informed to be an easy meta read and he seemed fairly town.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1281 on: June 06, 2016, 03:47:31 pm »

I'd like to hear from Teproc before I explain that vote.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1282 on: June 06, 2016, 03:48:58 pm »

I don't think a relatively new player would be capable of faking the combination of hesitancy, aggro and game solving that Reggie has as scum.

That's a dangerous assumption, but luckily you're right at the moment.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 06, 2016, 04:33:37 pm »

Gkrieg: I don't think a relatively new player would be capable of faking the combination of hesitancy, aggro and game solving that Reggie has as scum. Ichi, I was informed to be an easy meta read and he seemed fairly town.

I thought so too, then he completely pounded us as scum in his first game ever a couple days ago. I trust him much less now.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 06, 2016, 04:36:46 pm »

Hmm. It seems like my question about Teproc earlier didn't go through. Can someone elaborate on the case against him? I liked a lot of his D1 stuff, iirc.

Ya he is a great scum player and I think is capable of changing his game after drawing scum twice in a row so that his two games looked different

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1285 on: June 06, 2016, 06:00:41 pm »

I don't know whether to be flattered or concerned. It's good to be cautious, but let's find actual scum.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 06, 2016, 06:39:40 pm »

I don't think a relatively new player would be capable of faking the combination of hesitancy, aggro and game solving that Reggie has as scum.

That's a dangerous assumption, but luckily you're right at the moment.
^town

My gut says e is mafia but his responses to me were pretty solid. Should I resist the urge to tunnel?

Nah.

Vote: e
Smooth like Sandpaper

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 06, 2016, 06:45:14 pm »

Urgh there's still way too much happening way too fast in this game.  I'm going to bed and promise to do my best to catch up tomorrow.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 06, 2016, 07:46:19 pm »

Interesting that I don't have much of a wagon yet.

Anyway, so I resolve today not to focus on defending myself like I did yesterday but to be more helpful in finding the real scum. If you would like me to respond to something please say so. Responding to everything yesterday just made everyone focus on me more and I'm surprised I wasn't mislynched.

With regard to claiming:

@Meli: I have not softclaimed anything. There are posts you could go quote and point at as softclaiming, but don't bother please. They aren't, though I understand why they look like that.

I will not be claiming anything this game. There are multiple roles for which this makes sense. If it comes down to "claim or we lynch you" then I will be lynched. Note that I am in part saying this now so that scum!lio, who some think exists, would have no outlet to try to fake anything down the road. Part of the reason meli and others wanted me to claim was that so if I was scum then I was committed to one role. Well now I am committed to never pretending to be a role I am not.

I have read most of the D2 posts, but not yet thoroughly.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 06, 2016, 07:54:15 pm »

First questions:

Jan: Why was your only post in the last 15 minutes of day 1 your last-minute vote for Awaclus? What was going on in your head as everything unfolded?

Same question for fontisian, except replace 15 with 60.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: June 06, 2016, 08:50:59 pm »

First questions:

Jan: Why was your only post in the last 15 minutes of day 1 your last-minute vote for Awaclus? What was going on in your head as everything unfolded?

I wanted to lynch either you or E day 1. I tried to get people to lynch either of you.
But I was willing to settle with a lynch on anyone not inside my extended townreads.

Awaclus could have gone either way (same as hydraguy), I didnt't think either would have been good lynches d1, mostly coinflips that don't give a lot of infos.
And close to zero infos now that he flipped town.

I was mostly watching the last 15 minutes from the outside because at that point i knew my top targets were not dying on that day regardless of what i say.

I am not a big friend of those kind of End of days tbh. I am fine with having a cfd, but when your days are this long then the main wagons should be clear 24 hours before EoD which is the point where the claim for the first person/wagon happens.
Makes it harder for scum to snack a misslynch in the chaos with town having more than enough time to evaluate the lynch and move on. But every site has different metas on that front.

The post/vote in itself was what was needed to be sure that we get the/any lynch.
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 06, 2016, 10:14:48 pm »

I had thought the deadline was an hour later.
Smooth like Sandpaper

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 07, 2016, 07:27:54 am »

Looking back at D1... liopoil was the ideal D1 info-lynch. A liopoil-flip would have given us the most information [i.e there were players pushing for his roleclaim/lynch and those pushing counter wagons.] But I've read enough of liopoil's meta trust-tells and trust-me-or-lynch-me pleas. We'll have to dig apart liopoil's D1 wagon once he flips (which is unlikely to be today).
"Napoleon of crime".

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 07, 2016, 08:17:51 am »

I'd rather go for 2.7 today than lipoil. Much rather, actually.

Let's go with a Vote: 2.7

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 07, 2016, 08:33:48 am »

gkrieg13 re-read

Meta-defends Roadrunner7671
Ya he is a great scum player and I think is capable of changing his game after drawing scum twice in a row so that his two games looked different
- does gkrieg13 have enough playing experience with Roadrunner7671 to say this?

gkrieg13 highlights that Seprix "points out the inconsistency with ADK's logic". I like the fact gkrieg13 follows this up with an ISO re-read on ADK.

this reread seems scummy to me
Does gkrieg13 follow up this scum-read on silverspawn with any pressure/vote/questioning?

Some more meta-defence:
Classic Awaclus there

I haven't had enough time recently for this game with moving and stuff. Of the two larger wagons, I would rather go liopoil based on what I remember from this game. Neither of lio and Jan stuck out as super townie/don't want to lynch, and more of my town reads are on the lio wagon.

vote: liopoil
This amount of words needed to explain this liopoil vote is slightly concerning.

Have no idea what is going on but would be fine with a Seprix lynch at this point
gkrieg13 doesn't have an up-to-date grip of the game but airs his support for the Seprix lynch - unsure of this, I am sure Seprix was in gkrieg13's D1 good books.

gkrieg13 narrows it down to Liopoil and Seprix (did gkrieg13 sill have scum-feelings for silverspawn at this point?):
Liopoil over Seprix, but would be fine with either

gkrieg13 opposes the no-information Hydrad lynch.

@gkrieg13
- talk me through your read of silverspawn (from D1 through to D2).
- I didn't like your distanced pushing of the liopoil and Seprix wagons at deadline hour. I never felt like you had expressed your full feelings on why they could be scum. It felt more like you were merely agreeing with the popular wagons of that time.
"Napoleon of crime".

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 07, 2016, 08:45:35 am »

I ended D1 town-lean reading 2.7 (after the 2.7-Jan episode), so look forward to going over those reasons later.
"Napoleon of crime".

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 07, 2016, 08:50:12 am »

I ended D1 town-lean reading 2.7 (after the 2.7-Jan episode), so look forward to going over those reasons later.
I don't look forward to it.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 07, 2016, 08:57:39 am »

First half of D1, I felt 2.7 was the easy lynch (so was scared off from voting for him based on WIFOM).

I could not understand the nature of his ADK read.

"I was intrigued by his "shame on you guys for thinking liopoil is scum.  Totally town." comment."

2.7 was null-to-scum-lean at this point. But then my read changed:
2.71828 sounds offended by Jan's attack on his reads-list (Post #695) - I'm town-leaning this sensitivity. 2.71828 isn't afraid to follow up his disgust with a vote on Jan too (Post #696).

Either he gives the townread for the list without reading it, which means he is bad (oh look a wall of text that has to be town) or he knows i am town because he is scum.

Ok, I can see what you're saying:
- 2.71828 rushed out a town-read on you (a naive skim-read read?) 
- 2.71828 flipped on his town-read on you to a scum-read (despite liking parts of your very same post)

yeah, I totally said I liked Jan's post and didn't really read it all that well.  I saw he made a little case on me and kind of skimmed the rest.  guilty as charged.  But going back and really reading it was enlightening.
Is scum-2.71828 more likely to react in this way?

Yes, on the surface the dramatic switch looks very bad as either alignment: (scum-bad-OMGUS), but is it just town-bad? I.e does scum-2.71828 really dump his scum-reads to enter an emotionally-charged attack on you... someone he'd just said he was loving the reads/posts of? [I'd need convincing there. Right now, I'm thinking town incensed-2.71828.]

My town-lean read of 2.7 was based on his emotional reaction and flip-flop to Jan's readslist.
[In my head I reasoned that scum-2.7 wouldn't dare demonstrate such a dramatic 180/omgus on Jan.]

@Roadrunner7671 - talk me through scum-2.7 in that 2.7-Jan episode.
"Napoleon of crime".

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 07, 2016, 09:05:09 am »

@Roadrunner7671 - talk me through scum-2.7 in that 2.7-Jan episode.
Um...

If I play all my cards, I'll have an empty hand.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1299 on: June 07, 2016, 09:18:27 am »

- does gkrieg13 have enough playing experience with Roadrunner7671 to say this?

I think gkrieg was talking about me and not RR there. But I'm pretty sure they have played together a bunch.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.