Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267690 times)

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #675 on: May 30, 2016, 01:36:41 am »

But it's interesting that you're defending him why are you defending him?
I like to be interesting.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 30, 2016, 02:06:57 am »

<-- Ahem

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 30, 2016, 05:15:37 am »

Week-ends are always tough for me, I've been following along but can't really respond to stuff before tonight, however I will say liopoil has not gotten any townier.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 30, 2016, 06:48:42 am »

Can we talk about a Liopoil/fontisian/J Reggie scum team?
Yes, this sounds like an excellent topic to discuss right now.
Scum-liopoil would need balls to say this  ;D If either of "fontisian/J Reggie" are scum-partner(s), less so though. I.e calling for focus to stay on scum... not scared of associations... [enough of that pre-flip association theory though].

On the other hand, staying a closed book throughout the entire game is good, because it denies scum information. If they had all the information, they could just play perfectly and win every game, but denying them information makes it so that they don't always know which play is the right one.
OK - I can understand that motivation [but I expect you to lead us to the win later in the game  ;D].

J Reggie, talk me through your votes... (there's some missing gaps I need to note down)
vote: Jan
Maybe it's a scum read. Maybe it's omgus. Maybe it's Maybeline. Idk but this feels like the right vote.
Is this a gut/tonal scum-read? Reasons?

Wow, that's so simple and it totally makes sense. vote: liopoil
Hmm, it looks like lio's response is actually more nervous town than nervous scum. I like going back to vote: Jan here.
How/when did something "so simple" become "nervous town"? (Point me to the posts).

[There is nothing wrong with wagon hopping, but it is suspect if it's only blind/unsupported influence to support the momentum of an opportune wagon.]
"Napoleon of crime".

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 30, 2016, 11:29:43 am »

Hmm, not much going on.  Glad of that, I would be miles behind if it were.

Yo, silver, Jan and I don't like to vote each other Day 1. It's not scummy.

Silver, this is not fonti defending Jan.  It's a weird statement, but not a defense.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 30, 2016, 11:35:48 am »

Hmm, not much going on.  Glad of that, I would be miles behind if it were.

Yo, silver, Jan and I don't like to vote each other Day 1. It's not scummy.

Silver, this is not fonti defending Jan.  It's a weird statement, but not a defense.

If you say something that someone did is not scummy, that sounds very much like a defense to me.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 30, 2016, 11:48:00 am »

will work on some focused rereads here shortly (after a league match).  starting with people with the biggest wagons and working my way down. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #682 on: May 30, 2016, 11:52:04 am »

J Reggie, talk me through your votes... (there's some missing gaps I need to note down)

I had a gut read on Jan, then I liked the case on liopoil, then I stopped liking it and went back to my previous vote of Jan, who happened to have more votes now. It's pretty simple. The only wagon I hopped on was liopoil.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 30, 2016, 03:37:19 pm »

O liopoil had a wagon that sounds like fun.

I'm going to go

Vote: fontisian though.

This is a more serious vote then the awaclus one.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 30, 2016, 03:37:33 pm »

So.  Liopoil.  Opens the game with a bit of fun.  The scumslip argument....'next person to vote reggie' thing...we should make more dominion references...yeah.  These are all liopoil getting into the game, getting comfortable.  Finding his groove.  Nothing wrong with that.  I actually like the general flow and ease with which he posts these.  Would have to be very contrived for scum!liopoil to be doing, and it doesn't look like that at all.

Then he jumps right into the game with some good input and a vote.  There is nothing scummy about this at all.  In fact, I find it quite townie. 

Continuing on we get a bunch of other posts....none of them scummy.  Basically, shame on you guys for thinking liopoil is scum.  Totally town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 30, 2016, 03:48:08 pm »

ADK - I like his analysis on a lot of things.  Like, for example, in these posts:

How am I doing what I'm describing? Seprix voted for melisandre for having "contrived reads" because it's "too early". I'm saying that that's nonsense, and also suspicious because it's an easy position to take, so I'm voting for him.
I don't like the votes on Seprix. I disagree with his stance but it looks to me like he's earnestly trying to scumhunt.
I've landed as town on Melisandre, just because I think town is much more likely to do the reaction-fishing "gotcha" thing. Also probably town on Jan, I might sheep him on liopoil.
Mmm I need to be less literal. I think on average town waffles more than scum, scum tries to look super certain of their reads.

Overall, I think ADK is making a good effort to scumhunt.  He doesn't glare town to me like liopoil does, but I think he is definitely on the townier side.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 30, 2016, 04:01:43 pm »

Jan - the first half of all his posts were like 100% questions. All he did. Ask questions and make jokes. Then he continued on and began posting more, questions disappeared, analysis began.

Town points for all the town reads he has given. I like the analysis. A solid null-town read just because I don't know him that well. We have better lynches

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 30, 2016, 04:55:11 pm »

gkrieg's game has consisted entirely of the following two things:

I like the read/post/etc by X person
I don't like the read/post/etc by Y person

So yeah, a lot of 'input' by gkrieg but nothing that is difficult for him.  Just going off whatever other people say.  I am happy keeping my vote here.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 30, 2016, 04:57:09 pm »

and for my next reread:

Rolled 1d16 : 7, total 7

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 30, 2016, 05:00:38 pm »

O liopoil had a wagon that sounds like fun.

I'm going to go

Vote: fontisian though.

This is a more serious vote then the awaclus one.
Want to give a reason?
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 30, 2016, 05:03:17 pm »

So let's see how much i remember of this game :

1. liopoil
Unsure - poor reactions to the pressure. Poor reads so far. I dislike the fonti/lio thing.

2. gkrieg13
I mainly remember the 2 chunks of text on Seprix and ADK. Both are kinda boring. 10 times more information than actual read (he uses a lot of word for pushing very little content).
His ADK read
he says
I feel like scum!ADK is usually easy to spot later on in the game.
  - then why did you decide to reread him over anyone else in the first place?
A for effort, but someone that will always slip up late game isn't my first second go to reread, is he?

I like him pointing out that lio adding weak reads if whe doesn't believe in them is scummy.
He has given more content than i remembered -> has mentioned almost everyone in the game so far (isoing him right now).
Has not done any real hard pushes so far, only very light prodding.

IF ADK is scum then they might be partners. IF ADK is town then  he feels town.

3. fontisian
disliked the lio thing. if he is town, then she looks better.
General actions and interactions are enough that i don't want to lynch her right now.

Her first push on me was really odd. I have trouble sorting through if that is more likely 2 towns being stupid or her as scum trying to discredit me from the get go, because i disliked her initial case a lot. Neutral for now.

4. silverspawn
I liked him loosely explaining metas at the start, but most of the things afterwards were bad. His "case" on me is hot air and feelings at best, together with misrepresenting meta.
Someone said him tunneling d1 is towny, which is like .. he is scumreading me for the last 24 hours in a small dispute.
If you want to see him tunnel, check the champs game where he was tunneling on a single person for 3-4 gamedays.

I think if I should die today then silverspawn should not be copchecked, because that would be the obvious copcheck to fuck areound with one way or another. But he needs to be pressured hard tomorrow. Don't give that guy an inch.

5. Roadrunner7671
Don't remember him doing a lot of in depth work, more lightly touching everything and everyone while running a long (much like the roadrunner!).
Several people identified him as likely town, i agree with what i remember. Don't think he did anything scummy.

6. Melisandre
Reads different than in the champs game, but this game he reads just a bit more offensive/proactive instead of reserved and giving his reads from the backline.
Which is a good thing. I expect his scumgame to be quite good, but I still think he is likely town. Never the kill today.

7. Seprix
I said why i read him town. Hasn't changed.

8. Hydrad
Completly Missing in Action. 2 posts total.
1 is saying sorry for missing out on the game start.
2 is explaining his vote with it being a placeholder vote that he would make just because killing awaclus is better than a possible no lynch, i guess?
Hard to give a read. 2 seems genuine. But like .. no content at all.
Wouldn't miss him but not my #1 lynch

9. Awaclus
Nothing. Apparently he is playing close to his meta. But he hasn't given me anything that peeks my itnerest or makes me think he is town.

10. A Drowned Kernel
Disliked his reaction to the pressure he got for the Seprix vote :
Man, I'm not even voting for you right now, Seprix.

I felt a certain way when I read that post. I gave my reason for that vote. Maybe it's a bad reason! It felt right at the time. I've since changed it, and since changed my read on Seprix, so that's not even relevant at the moment.
Just a bit much. Funny enough that he tells liopoil that lios reaction to RR was not good. Because neither was/were his reactions to the Seprix thing.

Lio/ ADK are not both scum, but there is not unlikely one between them. Unless he is know to be a serial busser.

Dislike the weak hydra vote, that Haddock alread pointed out.

The main reason to not go for him would be that he apparently is on a camping trip, which means he might not be able to defend himself at all.

11. J Reggie
I like his one response. Easy to fake as scum, but hearing that he is a newish player it felt just genuine towny.
He feels more like a sheep than anyone thar would bring the game to new heights for now.

12. Haddock
Going slightly against "number two", but not really.
Calls out ADK for a weak vote on Hydrad, which is potentially good.
Then goes in depth about his reads and reasons. Open minded (changing his awaclus read on revisiting) reads well.

Reads like a useful player to have around, and all around towny.
Kinda ignored the reggie reread right now, but everythign else was good and fine.

13. Ichimaru Gin
42 posts, mostly 1 liners/short posts. I think the content reads ok. Him jumping on the lio train and then jumping off it afterwards feels good as it is very independent, before that i was a bit afraid that he is just purely a sheep people will push around all game.

14. 2.71828.....
very little posts. has made the effort to give 1 post with content on everyone one way or another.
His reads in itself don't rock my world. gives passes to half of the game without giving a read on them.
Reads are either lose meta jibsor just nothing, not a lot of depths to anything. Let me summarize his reads in my own words just to showcase this :

RR is meta nothing - look again day 3
Meli is seems honest - town
lio - might want to lynch him in the future maybe but i have no idea
fonti/jan - not today
gkrieg - votes on me in rvs, hasn't change. kill with fire.
silverspawn is playing the game
I voted Sprix, but i have no idea what i am doing. but let's kill gkrieg!
hydrad is like RR - look again day 3
Awaclus is - i don't even know not a real read.
ADK is in the game. But we should kill gkrieg!
Haddock is scummy or not or maybe. But i don't have resons. But at least I have words.
Ichi town.
Teproc scum because no reason.

I do not understand :
ADK does ADK stuff.  He could be town, but I think gkrieg is the better option right now.
Doing something that you normally do does not imply at all that you are scum, because you are town around 70% of them time.
So what does that read even mean?

Also you say this is how Hydrad usual plays. does he always have only 2 posts and close to no content at all? And people are fine with that and don't push him to actually play the game?

Yeah he can stay on the scumside of things. Actually he just moved up quite high on that list. Calling his conclusion on the reread "A lot" while actually not giving a lot at all.
Just not town.

15. Jan
Openly wolfing all game. Have you seen his case on the numbers person (i will refuse calling him e, because that just becomes a stupid typo way too fast) just now?
Plain bad.

16. Teproc
I like most of the content he is pushing.
Unsure about the Reggie thing ( i feel like i have to reread reggie when i am done with this all, but that is something to do tomorrow).
His points on reggie are valid, just not sure if it is just new town.

Overall not the lynch for today, Town lean.
Mostly approach to the game/tone and the points whre he is pushing seem genuine.
Only a soft read because he is more likely a capable player and as thus able to fake it.
Unsure about the ADK townread, i would like to have that explained. (unless i missed that, then just quote it).

That was a lot .. will take a break for a while .. will create a generic signature right now. I just realized how annoying it is without.
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 30, 2016, 05:05:11 pm »

I'm back, and plan on a big catchup post later tonight. Stay tuned.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 30, 2016, 05:06:25 pm »

Seprix.  He has that early vote on Melisandre because of the RVS reads post.  I mean, it is a nice little vote that he has decent enough reason for and defends it well.  Very protective of his vote, which could go either way.  I know I like to vote with a case and defend it well as scum or town.  I think really the one thing that we can learn from it is that Melisandre and Seprix are not scum together.  One might be, or the other....but not both.  Basically, if you are going to vote for your partner you don't mistakenly vote for Jan.  You vote for your partner.

I am fairly null on Seprix right now.  He has been around and had some fun interactions, nothing super townie or scummy so far.  I think he lands slightly on the scummy side of null though.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 30, 2016, 05:29:46 pm »

I like Jan's post there.  I don't like his conclusion.  I do agree that hydrad needs some pressure.

vote: hydrad

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 30, 2016, 05:46:14 pm »

Sheesh, I disagree with the majority of Jan's reads:

1. Nope
2. gkrieg has way more content than the average player in this game
3. Her questions made sense. And you refuse to give up the alignment contingency things.
4. His case is good, and he's not tunneling. Why are you telling cops what to do.
7. Well, I'm still suspicious, but alright
8. He just made another post and moved his vote, but yeah he should post more.
10 His reaction was towny and genuine. And more alignment contingencies.
14. e's reads are just about as good as one can have now. And I generally agree wth them. You openly twist his words a bit.
15. Hey I agree with this!
16. Well I don't like his content obviously but am still withholding judgement for now...

At least this helped me form reads a bit.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 30, 2016, 05:46:24 pm »

I like Jan's post there.  I don't like his conclusion.  I do agree that hydrad needs some pressure.

vote: hydrad

nevermind.  I actually read Jan's post.  Two can play this game:

Jan - very little posts. has made the effort to give 1 post with content on everyone one way or another.
His reads in itself don't rock my world. gives passes to half of the game without giving a read on them.
Reads are either lose meta jibsor just nothing, not a lot of depths to anything. Let me summarize his reads in my own words just to showcase this :

1. liopoil - null

2. gkrieg13 - IF ADK is scum then they might be partners. IF ADK is town then he feels town.  So......null then

3. fontisian - null

4. silverspawn - talks a lot....doesn't give any reads....kind of feels null/scum?

5. Roadrunner7671 - town

6. Melisandre - town

7. Seprix - town

8. Hydrad - he needs to post more, wouldn't mind lynching

9. Awaclus - null

10. A Drowned Kernel - scum, but not voting because he is V/LA right now

11. J Reggie - town

12. Haddock - town

13. Ichimaru Gin - town?

14. 2.71828..... - scum because his reads list was awful and I am getting to the end of players and I have to find at least one person scummy

15. Jan - let's call myself scum.  They don't seem to react negatively to that here.

16. Teproc - town lean

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 30, 2016, 05:52:24 pm »

vote: Jan

yeah, I totally said I liked Jan's post and didn't really read it all that well.  I saw he made a little case on me and kind of skimmed the rest.  guilty as charged.  But going back and really reading it was enlightening.  I mean, he did the same thing that he called me scummy for.

And yeah, that null-town read I had earlier.  Well, let's switch it to scummy.  I mean, seriously, everything I called him town for I could also call him scum for.  Nice how early reads can progress.  All those questions to get a feel for the game before jumping in exactly where he was comfortable to insure he didn't slip up in an unfamiliar environment.  How is that for twisting around what I said to make it sound scummy? 

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 30, 2016, 05:54:56 pm »

Liopoil's Day One Lynchpool:

Jan
Seprix
Hydrad
Haddock
Teproc
gkrieg13

6 << 16, so this is a lot of progress. Happy with my current vote.

PPE: haha nice one

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 30, 2016, 05:59:32 pm »

Not sure why gkrieg and Haddock are in there. I just forgot everything about them for a minute and so added them. The other four are the only ones I think might be good lynches, but I don't even have scumreads on Teproc or Hydrad yet.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 30, 2016, 06:03:42 pm »

So let's see how much i remember of this game :

1. liopoil
Unsure - poor reactions to the pressure. Poor reads so far. I dislike the fonti/lio thing.

Also, leave your vote there on liopoil.  I mean, he is the biggest wagon and you helped start it.  Have to try to keep those scum wagons viable as long as possible.  The longer the idea of a liopoil lynch is on people's minds, the more likely it is to actually happen.

Probably just forgot to vote for me.  Or for himself, for that matter.  I mean, we are the only two real scum based on that reread.  But now it will be OMGUS for you not for me, since I voted you first.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.