Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267736 times)

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #625 on: May 28, 2016, 11:38:33 pm »

Lio, would you mind analyzing your wagon? Who do you think is the most likely to be scum on it? Who is more likely town?

If this game does not have scumchat that can be permanently used, then this is coaching = posisble partner.

If this game does have scumchat (during the day), then she would not do this as partner and they are never w/w.

That being said. The setup info didn't clarify how you handle scumchat on this site. Call it a dumbtell, but how do you do it normally?
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 28, 2016, 11:41:35 pm »

ADK's vote is unfortunate because it makes it hard to hold him accountable for voting for town.

Interesting point on Teproc. I'm still waiting to reserve final judgement until he responds to my later posts.

Well, from my perspective I saw that Ichi thought it through and made the right choice. As scum, he also greatly reduced the chance I am mislynched by unvoting. I also thought he explained himself plenty.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 28, 2016, 11:42:10 pm »

Clarification: I didn't see the case until Teproc pointed it out. It wasn't me 'refusing to be the first vote.' When Teproc pointed it out I was like 'oh yeah, cool.' So I voted.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 28, 2016, 11:43:58 pm »

my mistake!

deep down hidden between possible roles in the other thread i found the answer that scum normally only have nightchat.
That might actually be coaching to make him give a good answer.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 28, 2016, 11:45:08 pm »

Lio, would you mind analyzing your wagon? Who do you think is the most likely to be scum on it? Who is more likely town?

If this game does not have scumchat that can be permanently used, then this is coaching = posisble partner.

If this game does have scumchat (during the day), then she would not do this as partner and they are never w/w.

That being said. The setup info didn't clarify how you handle scumchat on this site. Call it a dumbtell, but how do you do it normally?
I don't think this is even given information, but my guess is that the default is no daychat. Could be wrong though. Anyway, I on principle never consider scumteams until a scum is dead or lylo, and suggest others do the same.

Clarification: I didn't see the case until Teproc pointed it out. It wasn't me 'refusing to be the first vote.' When Teproc pointed it out I was like 'oh yeah, cool.' So I voted.
You said that I dodged the question. This is essentially what Teproc said. What didn't you realize I did that was so scummy? And why do you still consider it scummy?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 28, 2016, 11:49:29 pm »

I don't think this is even given information, but my guess is that the default is no daychat. Could be wrong though. Anyway, I on principle never consider scumteams until a scum is dead or lylo, and suggest others do the same.

You said that I dodged the question. This is essentially what Teproc said. What didn't you realize I did that was so scummy? And why do you still consider it scummy?
I just figured 'whatever, he can reply whatever he wants, it's just a prank.'

Then Teproc was all like 'but he's taking this prank too seriously!'

And I was like 'You're right! Let's lynch him! That'll be a good prank!'

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 28, 2016, 11:51:21 pm »

People I currently don't want to lynch today:

liopoil
e (towny reads post recently)
RR (towny and easier to read later)
Awaclus (townread has intensified, just meta though)
J Reggie (Still towny)
Meli (At this point has just too much content to lynch today. If he were scum I'd would expect him to at least be trying to direct a lynch or something if he posts so much, but he's not voting)
Ichimaru Gin (Thinking like town)

People I don't have a reason to want to lynch:
fontisian (Not worried about content or buddying anymore)
silverspawn, gkrieg13
Teproc (We'll see...)

People there is some reason to lynch:
ADK, Hydrad, Haddock (Lurking)
Jan, Seprix (Still a bit scummy)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 28, 2016, 11:54:24 pm »

Sort of want to vote for you. The buddying is unreal, and even if liopoil is town, you (as scum) still benefit a ton by kmowing liopoil's reads on everyone.

You know what? Vote: Fontisian

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #633 on: May 28, 2016, 11:56:09 pm »

Sort of want to vote for you. The buddying is unreal, and even if liopoil is town, you (as scum) still benefit a ton by kmowing liopoil's reads on everyone.

Town also benefits from hearing people's reads.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 28, 2016, 11:56:33 pm »

How?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #635 on: May 28, 2016, 11:58:50 pm »

How?

It helps us evaluate and form our own reads? That's how mafia works.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 29, 2016, 12:04:39 am »

How?

They can do that with stuff besides reads. Like someone getting all tense after being asked if they're scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 29, 2016, 12:12:40 am »

Can we talk about a Liopoil/fontisian/J Reggie scum team?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 29, 2016, 12:30:14 am »

Yes, this sounds like an excellent topic to discuss right now.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 29, 2016, 12:43:29 am »

How new and good is J Reggie as scum?

This is the stupidest read, but my gut told me he is town because

this is the worst gutread, but i think this wording here is so fucking town.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 29, 2016, 12:45:13 am »

spending 20 minutes between writing the first half, then being busy and then writing the 2nd half and posting without rereading.

I don't think 2x gut is needed to bring my point across.

Yes, this sounds like an excellent topic to discuss right now.

Explain why you are saying this.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 29, 2016, 12:49:21 am »

my mistake!

deep down hidden between possible roles in the other thread i found the answer that scum normally only have nightchat.
Because trying to get actual analysis is coaching. Right.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 29, 2016, 01:26:37 am »

How?

They can do that with stuff besides reads. Like someone getting all tense after being asked if they're scum.
Wut.
Smooth like Sandpaper

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 29, 2016, 01:27:02 am »

my mistake!

Because trying to get actual analysis is coaching. Right.

normally you would look at a players reaction and read them on that.

not give them an easy out to give a somewhat towny reaction by telling them to analyze their vote.

Like .. i think you would wait to see how reacts under pressure instead of giving him a hand.

Esp when you disliked his initial reaction.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 29, 2016, 01:29:07 am »

He already reacted to pressure. You'll notice my questions were asked a day the whole thing went down. I'm trying to move past the "you're scum" "no I'm not stage." Why aren't you?
Smooth like Sandpaper

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 29, 2016, 01:43:54 am »

He already reacted to pressure. You'll notice my questions were asked a day the whole thing went down. I'm trying to move past the "you're scum" "no I'm not stage." Why aren't you?

Why would you say that i am not?
What did i do this game that would make you assume that i am not trying to push information and reactions in the thread?

Almost everything I did so far had a purpose and you should see that.
You might disagree with my methods/phrasing etc, but you should realize that what you are saying there is not true.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 29, 2016, 01:57:44 am »

Really? Because all I see are joke questions these guys won't get and bad attempts at undermining me.
Smooth like Sandpaper

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 29, 2016, 02:17:24 am »

Really? Because all I see are joke questions these guys won't get and bad attempts at undermining me.
The same way you undermined me earlier?

Like I am saying that you are possible partners with that guy for that question, that doesn't mean you can't continue your game, can you?

People can make up their mind about that. You know i give reads like that more often than not lately so a read like that should not surprise you at all.

I don't think you actually react this way as town. This reaction is over the top and misrepresenting what i have done.

You could complain that I am not as active as I would be in other games we played, but you cannot say that I didn't try to push people into reactions/content.

Like you calling me out for something while doing exactly the same. this time and last time?! what is going on with you?

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 29, 2016, 02:44:04 am »

Anyways ..

Roadrunner7671
Melisandre
Seprix
J Reggie

are the 4 town so far.

Roadrunner i thought earlier on, which was mostly gut. I explained it. The fact that several people said this is his townplay for other things, makes this most likely be right.

Seprixx,/Melisandre both felt towny in their conversation earlier on. I got a bit iffy later on about Seprix, because it felt like he changed his mind for no good reason. But his reaction to me pushing on that was good.

Melisandre seems to have an open mind. Kinda leaving his possibilities open a bit more than in the champs game (when he read people there he had a harder read most of the time). But i still like his approach here a lot.

Reggie .. i explained his latest post. liked it. the wording, using "us" when talking about town. if he is as much of a new player as i think he is, then that makes me think he is more likely town.

Silverspawn i thought towny early on .. but i have one problem with him. When he did his reread and all that the only thing i remember him pointing out about me was that he didn't get the "asking for a friend" line (which is a joke. someday you might get it)
And then reads me scummy for feeling weird, but he didn't point anything out that i did that he didn't like.
I would like for him to do that in the near future, just to see if there is something behind what he is saying.

I am curious what people think about Awaclus. They said he plays very self centric/defensive as either alignment. He did that this game, but was any of it indicative of anything?
And is Ichimaru Gin claiming town a thing that confirms him as town? Silver said something close to that.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 29, 2016, 08:09:37 am »

I would like for him to do that in the near future, just to see if there is something behind what he is saying.

It was 100% gut at that time. The joke wasn't scummy.

Your recent back and fourth with fontisian is scummy, though. And so is the fact that you aren't voting for her.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 16 queries.