Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 266905 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: May 26, 2016, 04:26:58 am »

Seprix has a new playstyle. I like it, though I have no idea what it means re: his alignment.

J Reggie is pretty scummy too : his jumping on silver and ADK feels forced, not in a good way.

More importantly though, Melisandre is getting scummier by the minute. Though... silver, did she/he tend to overreact to pressure in the championship game ? Melisandre was town there right ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2016, 04:30:50 am »

By the way : Melisandre, could you get a signature, or personal text, or something ? As has been pointed out, we have no special feature for specifically looking at one player's post, and there's nothing I can Ctrl+F to isolate your posts right now (because "pawn" is in "silverspawn" and "posts: 1" also triggers Hydrad, e etc.).

That's a lot of post durring the RVS fluff stage.

vote: Jan

Tryhard scum is tryhard.
I'm unsure what the Jan vote was (but I will put it to aside for now, but it is noted).

You sir, are guilty of LAMIST (look-at-me-I'm-so-towny). My reads-list was empty/hollow/random/unsupported. Why? Because it was a RVS reads-list. Look at the posts before mine. Do you think someone could build a whole reads list within 10-15 RVS posts? Explain to me how/why a try-hard scum player could have a readslist on page one? Explain to me how/why a try-hard town player could have a readslist on page one?

On page one/RVS everyone is NULL (bar maybe a null-town/scum lean here and there).

Really? Do you think an experienced scum would open the game like this?
I didn't need defending... but thanks?

Really? Do you think an experienced scum would open the game like this?

I wouldn't expect an experienced town player to do so either. Melisnandre being from a different site with a different meta makes this hard to evaluate, but "scummy" is where I'm landing.
No, I think you landed at NULL.

Don't you want to hear my solid scum-case on Awaclus?  :-\

You have so much time to say it. Also, before you say anything, Awaclus is the most different individual you will ever encounter in all of fd.s Mafia, and normal tactics that would touch normal people do not even affect him.
Again, LAMIST. Also, what's this 'prepare-to-meet-Awaclus' warning?  ;D

FYI: I do not have a "solid scum case" on Awaclus. He is null.

So, you're opening the game with a huge reads list, and accusing people voting for you of trying too hard to be towny ? You do see the irony there right ? More importantly, I'm curious how your games usually start : people taking strong stances on small things is the essence of day 1 mafia.

Also, I hate that acronym already.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 26, 2016, 04:41:19 am »

Yo.

Sorry guys.
Also, not sorry, the game started at like midnight my time. I'm only just up. Catching up, contributions soon.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 26, 2016, 05:24:34 am »

Vote Count 1.2

2.71828..... (1): gkrieg13
Melisandre (2): Teproc, Roadrunner7671
gkrieg13 (1): Ichimaru Gin
Seprix (4): Awaclus, silverspawn, liopoil, 2.71828.....
Roadrunner7671 (2): Jan, Melisandre
Teproc (1): A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (3): fontisian, Seprix, J Reggie
Awaclus (1): Hydrad

Not Voting (1): Haddock

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends June 1 at 4:30 pm forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 26, 2016, 06:35:36 am »

Putting pressure people who express strong opinions early is good for scum- they get to have an opinion without putting themselves at too much risk, and it can put people who are trying to scumhunt on the defensive. There's a scum motivation for doing what Seprix did.
Could I see scum-Seprix trying to shut down all early scum-reads/votes to suppress early town-scumhunting? IMO, it's a far-fetched theory.
Could I see town-A Drowned Kernel trying to present this as a genuine scum-case?  :-\
What's your current read on Seprix and me?

Man, this feels so fake. Like, you came into the game and felt like you had to put a real vote down to look town, but you didn't have any mafia reads, so you took something that isn't really scummy and amplified your surety over  it. And then you buddied Melisandre, which has the scum motivation of making him less likely to go after you and no real town motivation. Ew.
Yeah, I could actually buy this. Convincing scum-A Drowned Kernel narrative presented here.

There's this really stupid scumtell on one of the sites I play called "excessive emoji usage." It's occasionally great for looking at tone inconsistencies and Melisandre is ticking off every mark.
Wait to you witness my "excessive gif usage"  :D

He's definitely not with ADK though.
Could you expand on this please.

We have mislynched him way too many times recently
His playstyle makes him D1 Mr Lynchbait... ok, I'll wait to see the results of his game instead. Too many town-meta defences here.

Unvote: Roadrunner7671

I have arived!

Why is there like 5 pages of posts already! I missed RVS!

also. Totally forgot that I had signed up for this game I got my message. We will se how this goes.

First thoughts.

Hey we have some championship guys here. Thats pretty neat. This should be a fun game.

Seprix feels like a new person. But I don't think hes played for a while so maybe he just changed a bit? still weird.

Vote: Awaclus for now though.
Expand on this please.
I did not like this intro post. It feels very detached/distant.
"Napoleon of crime".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 26, 2016, 06:47:44 am »

Seprix has a new playstyle. I like it, though I have no idea what it means re: his alignment.

J Reggie is pretty scummy too : his jumping on silver and ADK feels forced, not in a good way.

More importantly though, Melisandre is getting scummier by the minute. Though... silver, did she/he tend to overreact to pressure in the championship game ? Melisandre was town there right ?

yes, but not just any town. He was the cop (with N0-check).

And no, he didn't really react to the votes on him at all. He just continued to make his targeted rereads.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 26, 2016, 06:51:00 am »

And no, he didn't really react to the votes on him at all. He just continued to make his targeted rereads.

Excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 26, 2016, 06:52:56 am »

I agree with the Seprix case. What he did felt like voting for the unknown guy and then beckpedaling once he saw that it wouldn't really lead anywhere. Thinking Melisandre isn't a bad player should not move your vote. He can be a good scum player.

I'd vote for him but I'm already voting.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 26, 2016, 06:56:44 am »

Excellent.

I guess I'll press on this : should be a clear indicator right ? Pretty typical to be more on edge and quick to react to pressure as scum... maybe you disagree Melisandre overreacted to votes on him here ? He did though, acting shocked that we could have possibly misread his reads post and downright indignant that we dared make cases so early.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 26, 2016, 06:57:52 am »

Let's talk about J Reggie:

Wasn't quite sure what this was:
So opinion poll:

J Reggie, gkrieg, Teproc:
Mafia, town, neither
Discuss.
Was it J Reggie trying to encourage conversation... was J Reggie going to present his reads on gkrieg/Teproc? I read it as he's having problems trying to sort those two slots. Null on the 'hey-guys-how-are-you-reading-me-right-now?' - it shows he is comfortable, but I wouldn't call it town confidence right now: I need to hear him be more expressive with his reads.

At one point I thought J Reggie had extinguished his scum-feelings of A Drowned Kernel:
I was probably off with my scum read on you.

But then was happy to sheep Seprix on the A Drowned Kernel wagon:
Seprix, I'm agreeing with your case on ADK. It's basically what I was thinking but couldn't put into words. vote: ADK.
"couldn't put into words" or "probably off with my scum read on you".

@A Drowned Kernel - could you please talk me through your read progression on A Drowned Kernel from start to finish.
This would make me feel more comfortable with him.

Jumping on Silver? I missed that.
"Napoleon of crime".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2016, 06:58:04 am »

I did not like this intro post. It feels very detached/distant.

It felt very Hydrad to me.

Another player with a strange meta. You can tell that we're giving a lot of weight to meta. You may refer to his signature.

In this case his meta is making occasional, generally short and sort of uninvolved posts which casually comment on what's going on, which he imitates frustratingly well as scum. Telling the difference is not easy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2016, 07:00:27 am »

I guess I'll press on this : should be a clear indicator right ? Pretty typical to be more on edge and quick to react to pressure as scum... maybe you disagree Melisandre overreacted to votes on him here ? He did though, acting shocked that we could have possibly misread his reads post and downright indignant that we dared make cases so early.

I would buy that if it was a new player. But as is, I can't imagine he has such an obvious difference in his town and scum play. I think he probably just wanted to fly under the radar in the championship game because he was 80% of the town's PR strength, and was therefore less confrontational.

I don't disagree that he had strong reactions to votes.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 26, 2016, 07:02:18 am »

So opinion poll:

J Reggie, gkrieg, Teproc:
Mafia, town, neither
Discuss.
Was it J Reggie trying to encourage conversation... was J Reggie going to present his reads on gkrieg/Teproc? I read it as he's having problems trying to sort those two slots. Null on the 'hey-guys-how-are-you-reading-me-right-now?' - it shows he is comfortable, but I wouldn't call it town confidence right now: I need to hear him be more expressive with his reads.

This post jumped out to me as well. J Reggie is a new player, so I don't know any more than you here, but I have the opposite read on it : I think it shows that he's nervous on what people think of him, which I think is generally a scummy trait.

Jumping on Silver? I missed that.

When silver and ADK were voting for me he criticized that and threw suspicion on both, though he focused more on ADK.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 26, 2016, 07:04:09 am »

Sher locks like a good lynch to me.

Who is sher? Seprix?

Also, I guess you need to do a post outside of the forum-game section too if you want to get rid of the filling-in-numbers thing (and same for Jan).

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 26, 2016, 07:12:47 am »

Sher locks like a good lynch to me.

Who is sher? Seprix?

Also, I guess you need to do a post outside of the forum-game section too if you want to get rid of the filling-in-numbers thing (and same for Jan).
Sure looks like a good lynch to me.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2016, 07:14:10 am »

By the way : Melisandre, could you get a signature, or personal text, or something ? As has been pointed out, we have no special feature for specifically looking at one player's post, and there's nothing I can Ctrl+F to isolate your posts right now (because "pawn" is in "silverspawn" and "posts: 1" also triggers Hydrad, e etc.).
Amended.

So, you're opening the game with a huge reads list, and accusing people voting for you of trying too hard to be towny ? You do see the irony there right ? More importantly, I'm curious how your games usually start : people taking strong stances on small things is the essence of day 1 mafia.
"accusing people" - only Seprix. But we got to the bottom of his scum-read. Please read Post #301. I could not see the forced-reads/bad-scum angle on Page 1-RVS. If I'd presented the same hollow/unsupported/naked readslist on this page - I think Seprix may have had an argument.

Pretty typical to be more on edge and quick to react to pressure as scum... maybe you disagree Melisandre overreacted to votes on him here ? He did though, acting shocked that we could have possibly misread his reads post and downright indignant that we dared make cases so early.
I didn't give a f**k about the vote. I'm only concerned about the supporting reason. I can see town-Seprix thinking I'm "possible scum" (no problem with that), but not "bad-scum". If so, that's lamist (scum-indicative).

"Napoleon of crime".

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 26, 2016, 07:19:03 am »

Corrected:

@A J Reggie- could you please talk me through your read progression on A Drowned Kernel from start to finish.
This would make me feel more comfortable with him.
"Napoleon of crime".

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2016, 08:00:02 am »

It felt very Hydrad to me.

Another player with a strange meta. You can tell that we're giving a lot of weight to meta. You may refer to his signature.

In this case his meta is making occasional, generally short and sort of uninvolved posts which casually comment on what's going on, which he imitates frustratingly well as scum. Telling the difference is not easy.
Thanks for this.

You've made a few meta-defences so far. Anyone else playing against/for their town-meta atm? People have already said Seprix is playing with a new tune (but they are null on it).

Also, is A Drowned Kernel usually a player who doesn't like early D1 focus on him? Or does he invite it by talking himself into pressure?

...and where's Jan?  :'(

ADK is obvtown already, this is going great.
What's your take on the ADK-hate since making this early comment?
Do you think the scum-case/suspicion on ADK is reachy/tangible/weak/healthy-paranoia?

I have some real townreads on a few players, no real scumreads. That's how I always start the game it seems.
Please share.

When silver and ADK were voting for me he criticized that and threw suspicion on both, though he focused more on ADK.
Just re-reading that passage now...

Is this what you meant: 'Scum-J Reggie jumped on the town-players scum-reading town-you'? (Motivation: town-cred?)
"Napoleon of crime".

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 26, 2016, 08:29:03 am »

Amended.

Thanks !

"accusing people" - only Seprix. But we got to the bottom of his scum-read. Please read Post #301. I could not see the forced-reads/bad-scum angle on Page 1-RVS. If I'd presented the same hollow/unsupported/naked readslist on this page - I think Seprix may have had an argument.

Obviously I read it, I see it as Seprix exaggerating his instinctual read (that your post was scummy) to move the game along, which is townie in my book. What I find amusing/hypocritical is the whole "LAMIS" thing, because that term completely applies to your first few posts.

ADK is obvtown already, this is going great.
What's your take on the ADK-hate since making this early comment?
Do you think the scum-case/suspicion on ADK is reachy/tangible/weak/healthy-paranoia?

Of those, I'll got with "healthy-paranoia". More precisely, "early active player syndrome". Anyone who is active early willreceive suspicion because that's how the game gets started : you can only find people scummy if they post, and moreso if they post things of substance (I'm talking early game here). I don't agree with those people, but their votes seem fine, except for j-reggie, which gets us to...

Just re-reading that passage now...

Is this what you meant: 'Scum-J Reggie jumped on the town-players scum-reading town-you'? (Motivation: town-cred?)
[/quote]

Close. While I think ADK is town, I try to avoid arguments that are contingent on multiple alignments. It's more that I think J-Reggie saw a succession of two votes on someone, and did the apparently reasonable thing (I guess you'd call it LAMIST) of siding against them. It's just that his reaction to those votes felt forced : he had to do something because he was here, so he did that.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 26, 2016, 08:30:07 am »

I don't like the votes on Seprix. I disagree with his stance but it looks to me like he's earnestly trying to scumhunt.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 26, 2016, 08:43:00 am »

Re-reading A Drowned Kernel's posts I end up town-lean reading him.

I think he is a player who talks himself into being scum-read. I had objections to most things he was saying (but illogical does not equal scum-indicative). As Teproc said, I can see why the votes are on him though.

"Napoleon of crime".

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 26, 2016, 08:44:32 am »

Also, vote: J Reggie

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 26, 2016, 08:48:05 am »

You've made a few meta-defences so far. Anyone else playing against/for their town-meta atm? People have already said Seprix is playing with a new tune (but they are null on it).
Hard to say. I'm scum on Seprix, but he's the only one. RR in particular I have a townread on based on his latest posts, strange as that may seem.

J Reggie is particularly tricky to judge as he has no finished games yet.

Also, is A Drowned Kernel usually a player who doesn't like early D1 focus on him? Or does he invite it by talking himself into pressure?
Also hard to say. I don't think he usually gets early pressure.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 26, 2016, 08:49:51 am »

Obviously I read it, I see it as Seprix exaggerating his instinctual read (that your post was scummy) to move the game along, which is townie in my book. What I find amusing/hypocritical is the whole "LAMIS" thing, because that term completely applies to your first few posts.
Ok, I can see how you think I could be a hypocritical bast**d - I did admittedly switch to serious mode very quick.

Of those, I'll got with "healthy-paranoia". More precisely, "early active player syndrome". Anyone who is active early willreceive suspicion because that's how the game gets started : you can only find people scummy if they post, and moreso if they post things of substance (I'm talking early game here). I don't agree with those people, but their votes seem fine, except for j-reggie, which gets us to...
I like this.

Yeah, I want to see J Reggie's thought-process ASAP.

"Napoleon of crime".

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 26, 2016, 08:50:46 am »

RR in particular I have a townread on based on his latest posts
I'm just playing up my meta for the benefit of those who I've never played with.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.