Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72  All

Author Topic: RMM32: The Walking Dead (Game Over.)  (Read 158712 times)

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: RMM32: The Walking Dead (The First Day)
« Reply #650 on: March 24, 2016, 09:12:55 pm »

Seriously, im done with this ipad reread. worst idea

e reads slight scum

gk reads town

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 24, 2016, 09:14:06 pm »

Stuff to think about: We probably want to give people a chance to claim. Day ends in little less than 2 days, so our frontrunners (ADK, chairs?) should probably think about claiming tomorrow.

Note that claims are generally more important in this setup since we cannot really figure out what a role does from a flip.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 24, 2016, 09:14:51 pm »

I guess I'm just at a point where's I'd really prefer to lynch a lurker because these people make this great game unfun.
What about acti-lurkers?
I don't think we have any of those.
What am I, chopped liver?

Believe it or not, you actually said some useful stuff here.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 24, 2016, 09:16:51 pm »

I guess I'm just at a point where's I'd really prefer to lynch a lurker because these people make this great game unfun.
What about acti-lurkers?
I don't think we have any of those.
What am I, chopped liver?

Believe it or not, you actually said some useful stuff here.
I don't believe that!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 24, 2016, 09:32:25 pm »

whose the biggest wagon?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 24, 2016, 09:54:25 pm »

whose the biggest wagon?

I think chairs and ADK are at 3 each?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 24, 2016, 10:04:43 pm »

But we don't know all of the hated data.  We know some of it (chairs being hated) but not all
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 24, 2016, 10:08:29 pm »

But we don't know all of the hated data.  We know some of it (chairs being hated) but not all

I don't think enough of us can vote to make the hated thing matter anyway.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 24, 2016, 10:09:32 pm »

it matters because of plurality lynch
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 24, 2016, 10:24:45 pm »

it matters because of plurality lynch

I guess I just mean that we don't have to worry about derphammers.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 25, 2016, 12:13:44 am »

My life is extremely busy right now. I've completely let this game slip and I apologize for that. I am going to go to bed and wake up early tomorrow and do a reread and prove my towniness. I hope to do this without having to claim.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 25, 2016, 12:21:09 am »

My life is extremely busy right now. I've completely let this game slip and I apologize for that. I am going to go to bed and wake up early tomorrow and do a reread and prove my towniness. I hope to do this without having to claim.

I am already convinced

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 25, 2016, 12:29:18 am »

I am already convinced

Is this sarcasm?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM32: The Walking Dead (The First Dawn)
« Reply #663 on: March 25, 2016, 03:37:09 am »

Vote Count 1.7:

chairs (2): EFHW, faust
yuma (1): yuma
gkrieg13 (1): A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (3): Haddock, gkrieg13, Hydrad

Not Voting (7): silverspawn, Ampharos, chairs, SirMartin, Witherweaver, 2.7, Limetime, Roadrunner 7671

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on March 26 at 4:20 p.m. forum time.  That's in ~1.5 days.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 25, 2016, 03:42:39 am »

SirMartin and Limetime have been prodded.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 25, 2016, 06:41:40 am »

I am already convinced

Is this sarcasm?

Yes. (this is sarcasm)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 25, 2016, 08:09:02 am »

Is anyone else not getting the usual towny vibes off of faust in this game?
I don't find him superscummy or anything, and he's not lynchable today.  But I thought it was worth mentioning.  Usually he feels really super towny.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 25, 2016, 08:13:03 am »

I don't find him superscummy or anything, and he's not lynchable today.  But I thought it was worth mentioning.  Usually he feels really super towny.

As mentioned last page, I find him mostly townie, but there's a little ? going on in the back of my head that I'm keeping tabs on.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 25, 2016, 08:14:08 am »

Dude, I checked every single game you played and as far as I can tell, you have never once been town in a game where I was town too. So what exactly do you mean by "usual towny vibes"? Or are you just picking up some supposed meta on me that is actually very inaccurate?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 25, 2016, 09:05:51 am »

Okay, so first the points against me, as far as I can see them:

-Some people are saying they find me scummy for initially arguing in favor of Split Up. I don't think this makes sense- we were given options, and I felt there was an argument in favor of choosing one over the other. CtP has a big downside- people not being able to post and vote loses us a lot of important Day One interactions. I'm not upset that we eventually chose it, but I don't see how wanting to consider the alternative makes me scummy.

-I asked people to stop talking about theory so much and expressed concern over the time we had left. My tone here wasn't the best, but it came from a place of genuine frustration. This game has been a lot of talk and speculation about the setup, which is fine when you have something useful to say or information to give, but I felt like people were talking in a lot of circles and repeating things that had already been said. And when people are doing that, it looks like they're posting just to appear active.

-I've been lurking. This is on me, but it's frustrating to be town and to be pretty much the leading wagon. It demotivates me to play the game, which I'm trying to fight right now.

I'm going to do a reread and sort out my reads:

Witherweaver- Way lurkier than I expect from WW. I'd vote here.

yuma- Seems like town to me, but his claim seems problematic. I don't like the idea of wasting a lynch making sure he lives. It's possible that someone has a role that can save him? I don't want to lynch here today.

2.7- Mostly null here. His reaction to me voting for him was a little eh in my opinion. Doesn't seem like he's interested in pushing any sort of wagon or lynch. I'd almost say he's acti-lurking.

gkrieg13- This post seems very towny. Not going to put my vote here today.

faust- His claim pretty much means he's off the table for today.

EFHW- Lots and lots of theory posts before she does anything with reads, but eventually she does. I like her vote on chairs, that's a good vote. Null.

Roadrunner7671- Pretty typical RR. Isn't currently voting, I'd like to see him put a vote down and commit to a read or two. Null.

Haddock- His big reread post is towny, though the only game I've played with him I was his scum partner and I can see him being able to make that post as scum. Not going to lynch him today but he's on my radar.

silverspawn- Is very active right off the bat, is engaging in discussion and responding to people in the early game, town read so far.

Hydrad- His vote on me looks super sheepy. Call it OMGUS but it gives me a scum read on him.

Limetime- Pretty much gone. I'd lurker lynch here but there's probably something better.

Ampharos- Lots of very short posts, mostly theory talk, not a lot of content. Null leaning scum.

chairs- scum read here. It's part gut but he also did vote for RR for suggesting Split Up, and I still maintain that that's not scummy.

SirMartin- Super lurky. The only read that he's given so far has been on chairs for not posting in the patrol QT. I don't really know how to read him, so null for now.

That's what I've got. I'm okay with vote: chairs right now.

PPE: I mean, faust is a town leader in general, but he's capable of filling that role as scum. I mainly don't want to vote for him because of his claim.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 25, 2016, 09:09:37 am »

Dude, I checked every single game you played and as far as I can tell, you have never once been town in a game where I was town too. So what exactly do you mean by "usual towny vibes"? Or are you just picking up some supposed meta on me that is actually very inaccurate?
Well I usually get towny vibes off of you. 
If you're right that we've never both been town then obviously there are two cases:
1) me being scum, obviously gonna know you're town, bias.
2) you being scum, me being town - apparently I get town vibes off you when you're scum.  Great :P.

So yeah if that's true then this might mean you're towny, more than anything else, by the converse of option 2. 
But I'm thinking Marvel Heroes Mafia?   Weren't you town there?

Wait I distinctly remember an endgame situation where we were both ICs.  I remember thinking you were towny for most of that game I think.  I'll find it and reread. 

PPE.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 25, 2016, 09:11:23 am »

Oh and his claim.  Yeah I'd forgotten about that.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 25, 2016, 09:15:44 am »

Right, so faust we were both town in Harry Potter mafia, where apparently I found you scummy early on.

So this doesn't help at all.  Clearly I'm just viewing things from the perspective of previously finding you towny when I was scum; which, well, obviously.
Forget I said anything.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 25, 2016, 09:20:34 am »

-I've been lurking. This is on me, but it's frustrating to be town and to be pretty much the leading wagon. It demotivates me to play the game, which I'm trying to fight right now.

I mostly buy this because I've seen you react differently to pressure as scum. So I guess chairs is a good lynch for today. My next best shot would probably be EFHW.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 25, 2016, 09:28:19 am »

For some reason I like this post from ADK.  Can't put my finger on it but it feels towny.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 21 queries.