Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61  All

Author Topic: RMM31: Untitled Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 133007 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM31: Untitled Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2016, 04:17:52 am »

Why did you post that?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2016, 05:17:46 am »

Wow.
I go to sleep, I wake up, and there are four votes on me.  Good times.

So I'd love to hear e's case on me since he started the wagon and noone else has offered any reason.
In fact all the votes look like sheep votes to me.
I could maybe believe that axxle has a reason to vote for me that he hasn't explained?
I haven't had many posts at all so don't know how people are reading me scummy.  Gonna be around a little more now I hope.

Any case,  enough about meverything,  I was gonna post my two reasons why Awaclus is scummy. It comes down to two posts:
The stronger one is this:
Why does everyone have trouble with limetime's name?

No one gets the ie right in gkrieg either.  It's just a thing

I have always gotten it right! So I guess that means I'm no one.  :'(

But then again, no one is perfect so I guess that's fine.
This post is severely out of character for Awaclus.  He is many things, but he is never ever self-deprecating.

The other is this:
Now I get more bursty. Low activity, then suddenly "who the fuck is chairs and why is he pentaposting?"

This is how the post looked to me at first glance:

Now I get more busty. Low activity, then suddenly "who the fuck is chairs and why is he hentaiposting?"
This is weaker, but this is a very forced joke, and doesn't really fit with town!Awaclus at this stage of the game. It feels like an attempt at distraction.  He's not exactly playing to his precious win-con here, whatever it is...

I will do my promised reads list at some point, though hydrad's should do some of the work in terms of kicking off conversation.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 06, 2016, 05:18:32 am »

Autocorrect.  "Enough about me"
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 06, 2016, 05:25:03 am »

Why did you post that?

I dunno. it was something to do I guess.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #254 on: March 06, 2016, 05:29:40 am »

This post is severely out of character for Awaclus.  He is many things, but he is never ever self-deprecating.

Did you read the second line where I was implying that I was perfect?

This is weaker, but this is a very forced joke, and doesn't really fit with town!Awaclus at this stage of the game. It feels like an attempt at distraction.  He's not exactly playing to his precious win-con here, whatever it is...

It was not a joke, that was seriously how I read the post at first. Posting it did not distract the game in any way and it wasn't at all detrimental to my town win con, either.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2016, 05:37:46 am »

Did you read the second line where I was implying that I was perfect?

It was not a joke, that was seriously how I read the post at first. Posting it did not distract the game in any way and it wasn't at all detrimental to my town win con, either.
To your first question: yes I did. It doesn't rescue the post as far as I'm concerned. I do not believe that you would as your usual self think to make the first sentence.

To your second: my point is kind of that I don't believe that's how you read it. It feels like you've gone out of your way to construct a sentence that you could pretend was how you read it.  And it did distract from the game.  Now that I think about it, who was it who starting talking about limetime's name? While I'm on a rant against distraction, I should have a look at them too.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2016, 06:28:04 am »

To your first question: yes I did. It doesn't rescue the post as far as I'm concerned. I do not believe that you would as your usual self think to make the first sentence.

It's a joke. The second line is the punchline. Furthermore, it's an old joke and not even one that I invented.

To your second: my point is kind of that I don't believe that's how you read it. It feels like you've gone out of your way to construct a sentence that you could pretend was how you read it.

Look at the timestamp. That was just a few minutes after I had woken up.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2016, 06:49:35 am »

So what made you think of the joke?
I still don't see town you ever even considering making that joke at that point.

And OK,  yes fair enough if you'd just woken up, I missed that.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2016, 07:02:16 am »

So what made you think of the joke?
I still don't see town you ever even considering making that joke at that point.

I always think of that joke when someone says "nobody" and I fit their description of "nobody".

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2016, 07:06:02 am »

Hmm.

unvote

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2016, 09:10:00 am »

Axxle is pro scum. Somebody up there as asking about his scum abilities...

Haddock is behaving somewhat like he did last game when he had a wagon on him and flipped scum. That was considerably later in the day and did have a more, "oh me oh my I must be so amateur and silly" feel to it though.

It's D1 so I don't really care who we lynch so long as it isn't me or anyone who has postulated some significant role power ala ashersky. I mean I suppose someone could be pressured to do such a thing with a large wagon but by and large I feel it is too late for that sort of thing, got to come out quick with that stuff.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2016, 10:03:59 am »

Haddock is behaving somewhat like he did last game when he had a wagon on him and flipped scum. That was considerably later in the day and did have a more, "oh me oh my I must be so amateur and silly" feel to it though.
Hmm.  This is an interesting thought.

Obviously I can't tell for sure, but I think I'm responding how I always do to medium-sized wagons on me early on, independent of alignment.  I essentially always have the same thoughts:

If I think that someone has presented an argument against me, I evaluate it and try to respond as best as I can.
If not (as in this case), I try to get the main proponents to explain themselves.  Then I usually start talking about whatever other thoughts I've had.  There's two reasons why I do that:
1) A medium sized wagon is not particularly terrifying - there's no point hanging up the whole conversation in trying desperately to get the four people who are voting me to stop.
2) Mostly people seem to find me scummy early on because I don't ever have much to say early on in D1, and people notice the difference between that and the slightly more vocal me (with longer posts) appearing later on in the game.  If people are voting me, I soon realise that it's because I haven't been contributing long enough posts, so I say something significant because clearly I should.

Those two things apply to me as either alignment.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2016, 10:26:45 am »

Anyhoo, here's my super-early Hydrad-style reads list.  Nothing here is particularly firm, obviously.

I haven't decided as I write this sentence whether or not to include the people currently voting for me on the list.  I've noticed about myself that I'm quite susceptible to OMGUS, so I don't want to make assessments tainted by that.

Awaclus - well, people know my thoughts about him.  He's essentially succeeded in convincing me that I was imagining things though, so null.

gkrieg13 - Hurm.  I thought his post where he went through some setup stuff looked bad, but I think I've decided to give him town points for that.  Reading the setup is not scummy, but scum know that some people see it as such, and would therefore avoid it.  I think.

Hydrad - Nothing unHydrad appearing yet.  Slight town.

Roadrunner7671 - Hmm.  Not sure I like his supershort posts.  Something seems off about him.  Will let you know if I can put my finger on it.  Buddying me slightly, which isn't necessarily great.   Mild scum.

pingpongsam - His first real contribution is his most recent post.  Everything else is fluff.  So, up until then, null-but-could-lynch.  Now, not so sure.  It was a decent contribution, so...

2.71828..... - ugh.  I think I will say.  I have a medium scum read here, but I don't want to get too into it, I have no idea how much of my read is OMGUS.

Witherweaver - I can literally never read WW.  The fact that I still can't probably means he's town? Right?  I dunno.

Ichimaru Gin - I've never seen town!Ichi.  But this could maybe be it.  I like that he's driving the game forward.  Nice.  Wait, he's one of the one's voting me?  Bleh.  Well I was gonna come down just on the towny side, so I'll stick to that.

chairs - chairsy.  Null.

Limetime - D1 pass.  I do not like his sheepy vote, but maybe that's OMGUS.

Axxle - Never played with, don't know, don't want to say because it's definitely tainted by OMGUS.

vote: RR I think

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2016, 10:28:48 am »

I can sheep that.

vote: RR

I don't think reading the setup should ever be an alignment tell for anyone. Especially when it is nice and short and has good bullet points to make it easy to read.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2016, 10:36:37 am »

Vote: Haddock seems right.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2016, 10:50:07 am »

Really?  He seems townie to me

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2016, 10:51:54 am »

Really?  He seems townie to me

So you mean you're scum?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2016, 10:58:37 am »

Haddock says quite often that only scum votes for RR. So OMGUS could be coming in soon.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2016, 11:00:45 am »

Haddock says quite often that only scum votes for RR. So OMGUS could be coming in soon.

You haven't really done anything rry yet

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2016, 11:03:21 am »

Even if I'm scum, I'm still RR.

I thought we decided that we didn't want to lynch RR because he was so misunderstood. We've made this mistake time and time again, in Marval Mafia, Simply Simple Mafia, other games that I can't think of right now.

This wagon=dumb.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2016, 11:23:50 am »

Even if I'm scum, I'm still RR.

I thought we decided that we didn't want to lynch RR because he was so misunderstood. We've made this mistake time and time again, in Marval Mafia, Simply Simple Mafia, other games that I can't think of right now.

This wagon=dumb.

Wagon?  What wagon?  I don't see a wagon on RR.  He must be imagining things.

Wait, whats that you say?  He got two votes in quick succession?  And he is at, what, two votes?  Ok, yeah.  Totally a wagon.

I am a professional RR reader, but I have yet to read him as town or scum.  When that happens, I will let you all know.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2016, 11:26:07 am »

Alright this is getting super silly now.

L-2 I think?  I know it's D1 in an RMM game and noone really cares who we lynch, but seriously?  There has been no case put forward against me.  Not a one. 
Come on guys, I'm contributing, I'm putting my thoughts out there, there is no scum narrative for anything I've done.

I can't help but feel that there are two things at play here, driving the lynch:
1) I'm always always found scummy day 1.  Read my games if you like, it's true.
2) I foolishly told everyone I'd never been lynched, and people want to "fix" that.  I understand this urge, but we can do better than that.

Also, RR, I don't think I've ever said that only scum votes for RR.  That applied to one game we played a while back, where you were obv!town.  I don't think that applies here.

WW, I'm appealing to you once again not to fall into the trap.  You always always find me scummy on D1, and statistically you've been wrong more often than not.  Let's not have a mislynch go through here.

PPE. That's a very typical RR response to a "wagon".  I don't know if I can give him town points for it though since it's literally one post after he's been called out for not doing anything RRy.  He's self-aware enough to force it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2016, 11:28:25 am »

I am a professional RR reader
Three's a crowd.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »

D1 isn't really about cases it's about getting a lynch that gives the best analysis D2. For scum it's about not getting lynched and setting up the best distancing plan for the game. For town it's making sure if your going to get mislynched it highlights scum as much as possible.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2016, 02:28:47 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

Haddock (5): e, Ichimaru Gin, Axxle, Limetime, Witherweaver {L-2}
Witherweaver (1): Hydrad
Hydrad (1): chairs
Roadrunner7671 (2): Haddock, gkrieg13
chairs (1): Roadrunner7671

Not Voting (2): Awaclus, pingpongsam

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Mar 12, 6 PM forum time. That is in 6 days and 3+ hours.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 16 queries.