Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61  All

Author Topic: RMM31: Untitled Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 133334 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM31: Untitled Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2016, 11:55:30 pm »

I didn't find it particularly townie, and I know some players tend to give read lists more often as scum since it's a good way to look like you're doing something while keeping the game state pretty much the same. Gkrieg broght up your reaction to my claim so I went back to go look at it. It definitely read a bit scummy. It seemed like you didn't want to draw attention to yourself with a questionable vote so wanted others to take the first step.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 07, 2016, 12:10:31 am »

I didn't find it particularly townie, and I know some players tend to give read lists more often as scum since it's a good way to look like you're doing something while keeping the game state pretty much the same. Gkrieg broght up your reaction to my claim so I went back to go look at it. It definitely read a bit scummy. It seemed like you didn't want to draw attention to yourself with a questionable vote so wanted others to take the first step.

Hmm ok makes sense.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Vote Count
« Reply #302 on: March 07, 2016, 05:52:22 am »

Vote Count 1.9

Haddock (2): Ichimaru Gin, Awaclus
Witherweaver (2): Hydrad, e
gkrieg13 (1): Witherweaver
Hydrad (2): chairs, Axxle
Roadrunner7671 (1): Haddock
chairs (2): Roadrunner7671, gkrieg13

Not Voting (2): pingpongsam, Limetime

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Mar 12, 6 PM forum time. That is in 5 days and 12+ hours.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2016, 06:09:01 am »

Hmm.  I could maybe go for Hydrad, or MAYBE maybe gkrieg?  I don't think I like any of the other wagons much at all.  Thinking.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 07, 2016, 09:18:00 am »

I like the hydrad wagon. Can't say I care for any others much. Would also lynch awaclus.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2016, 10:27:23 am »

I'm fine with the Hydrad wagon

vote: Hydrad

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 07, 2016, 10:29:09 am »

The people I would be happy lynching today probably goes something like:

RR=Hydrad > Axxle = PPS >> e.

RR and Hydrad have both done things that are either out of character or seem like forced versions of their character.  Obviously this is weak, but as a Day 1 thing I'm happy with it.

The other three are there mostly because I can't really read them.  I think e is vaguely towny but I'm acutely aware that I can't read e at all, so he has to be a D1 option.

vote: Hydrad

PPE. huh.  OK, I'm alright with that.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 07, 2016, 11:13:11 am »

oh this is unfortunate.

and there isn't much I feel I can defend myself with.

I guess Ill say I'm still okay with the gkrieg lynch because of what axxle said but I'm confused as to why thats so scummy. For me day 1 is a shot in the dark most of the time. So getting something that has a protown benifit plus the chance that gkrieg is scum anyways seems like a good deal to me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 07, 2016, 11:42:52 am »

I believe I addressed hydrad earlier today, with the conclusion that while he is ultimately scummy, we should wait until at least D2 to lynch him. He seems more like a solid D3 lynch though.

I think WW is the best target for today though.
1) He had gone far too long without being scum
2) I don't like his vote or reasoning behind gkrieg being scum.
3) lynching people is fun

Basically an airtight case
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 07, 2016, 12:06:55 pm »

The other three are there mostly because I can't really read them.

I'm not sure if I can be any more clear than I already have:
Confirmed, I am town aligned.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2016, 12:07:50 pm »

Here for a sec. Lots of homework right now. Should be back with some stuff to say tonight.
ppe: 1

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2016, 12:40:10 pm »

If this is supposed to mean something then maybe someone can enlighten me. 
If not, you just end up looking dangerously like Awaclus in Cupcake mafia, who continued insisting through the game that he was an IC, until he got lynched and flipped scum on the final day.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 07, 2016, 12:40:59 pm »

Also, e, I like your point 2 - maybe.  But 1 and 3, not so much.  And WW just feels right to me.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2016, 12:46:07 pm »

If not, you just end up looking dangerously like Awaclus in Cupcake mafia, who continued insisting through the game that he was an IC, until he got lynched and flipped scum on the final day.

95% of what I post is pure good humor. I'm having fun. You, on the other hand have already had a coronary once this game.
The fact is, I've not done anything remotely scummy. I'm actually playing a very protown game there just isn't much to do this day which is as expected for RMM.
I am no Awaclus; he is consistently Awaclus and I am consistently PPS. I am well within my town meta.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2016, 12:51:45 pm »

95% of what I post is pure good humor. I'm having fun. You, on the other hand have already had a coronary once this game.
The fact is, I've not done anything remotely scummy. I'm actually playing a very protown game there just isn't much to do this day which is as expected for RMM.
I am no Awaclus; he is consistently Awaclus and I am consistently PPS. I am well within my town meta.
I love the implication that I'm somehow the most wiredup player on the forums or something.  I think I'm probably on the laid back end when it comes to mafia, but maybe people can correct me about that.  But noone likes being put to L-1 on D1.

My point is that I don't know if your last sentence is true - I'm not sufficiently familiar with your meta to judge.  That fact alone means that I wouldn't be massively opposed to your lynch, which is all I'm saying by including you on a would-lynch list.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 07, 2016, 01:12:39 pm »

I love the implication that I'm somehow the most wiredup player on the forums or something.  I think I'm probably on the laid back end when it comes to mafia, but maybe people can correct me about that.  But noone likes being put to L-1 on D1.

My point is that I don't know if your last sentence is true - I'm not sufficiently familiar with your meta to judge.  That fact alone means that I wouldn't be massively opposed to your lynch, which is all I'm saying by including you on a would-lynch list.

If you are town and I am scum why did I not hammer you when you went L-1? You should know I love a hammer. You could argue that you weren't at L-1 long enough but I can assure you I was present for the entirety of that episode.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2016, 02:03:33 pm »

Oh one thing I can do is show you that I've done this read list in other games. Maybe that will help. I'm at work for a while but when I get home I'll try to link some games.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2016, 02:12:56 pm »

If you are town and I am scum why did I not hammer you when you went L-1? You should know I love a hammer. You could argue that you weren't at L-1 long enough but I can assure you I was present for the entirety of that episode.

"If I was scum why would I do X?" is a very uncompelling argument.  Like, the uncompellingest. 

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 07, 2016, 02:14:22 pm »

"If I was scum why would I do X?" is a very uncompelling argument.  Like, the uncompellingest.

But the argument being made is about why I didn't do something which is moderately more compelling in my view.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 07, 2016, 02:16:12 pm »

But the argument being made is about why I didn't do something which is moderately more compelling in my view.

Those are equivalent by X <-> not X

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2016, 02:20:10 pm »

There's plenty of reasons why scum wouldn't want to hammer a wagon like haddocks
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2016, 02:21:19 pm »

There's plenty of reasons why scum wouldn't want to hammer a wagon like haddocks

Not for scum!PPS, there isn't.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2016, 02:25:04 pm »

Not for scum!PPS, there isn't.

But then this provides at least one.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2016, 03:09:32 pm »

Am I the ONLY one who understands PPS?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2016, 03:33:07 pm »

Am I the ONLY one who understands PPS?

Uh, if you are saying everyone else other than you thinks he is scum check the vote count
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.