Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 153248 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)
« Reply #1500 on: March 06, 2016, 05:10:42 pm »

Well done town (special thanks to Ampharos for replacing me and going all the way).

And yeah, that's an impressive trio of wins for WW. I don't think I've ever gotten it right at lylo.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 6)
« Reply #1501 on: March 06, 2016, 05:13:53 pm »

Three correct MyLo's in a row for me.  Just saying ~

I'm glad for it!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 06, 2016, 05:14:21 pm »

And I think you probably deserve the MVP here, too.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 06, 2016, 05:14:27 pm »

I'm relieved.  I have a pretty big bias against Awaclus, so it's hard to tell if I'm being objective.

Ampharos seemed pretty townie today, especially with the genuine-seeming change of read on me.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 06, 2016, 05:23:31 pm »

Woohoo
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 06, 2016, 05:32:36 pm »

I want to record my special thanks to Ampharos and e for stepping in.  Huge thanks to both of you. :)

QTs:

Speccy: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/DiysCbpZJiVSc
Mod: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/PDBJm6QjThT
Mafia: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/69T5d5WVgLuiM

WW (VT): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/mNPE6ehfxKd23
SS (VT): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/aMU4h7gHL39Y
yuma->2.7 (VT): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/cMPejaDUWnEe
RR (VT): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/SEkUZEyUd4q6
faust (VT): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/54T79LEZqSeN
Lekkit (VT): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/m5PBrzvtaUjMc
Teproc -> Ampharos (VT): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/9DGxvp94DQFd

ADK (Fruit Vendor): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/v9SDndeqH2S3
chairs (Tracker): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/g9Rs56Df9yw
gkrieg (JK): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/jRuyT27vTak5T

Hydrad (Goon): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/gV9rLWZa3SXB
Awaclus (Strongman): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/gga8R9qeEwfc
EgorK (Rolecop): http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/BFHp77w5iP6

I haven't picked an MVP yet, I need to reread.  WW is obviously a contender, as is Awaclus, and I remember thinking of a particular person having reliably good reads.  Might be a day or two before I get a chance to have a proper look.

A couple of things.

The QT issue is obviously a massive deal.  As I said to SS, it wasn't an arbitrary choice and I thought it through quite a bit and then consulted with ashersky.  That said, I obviously should have put it in the rules right from the start.
I still think that QT quoting needn't be a problem, and I actually don't think that it was a huge issue in this game, all considered.  However, I'm very aware that there are plenty of people who are very strongly against it indeed, and while I disagree with them, I'm not so passionately for it that I want to alienate them from my games in future.  So I will almost certainly be disallowing QT quoting in my future games.  (Thought not going so far as to ban all mention of QTs at all.)

The setup was interesting.  Faust mentioned that he thinks it makes fakeclaims impossible.  I tend to agree that that happened in this particular roll.  I don't think the matrix setup in general has that problem - in fact I'd say it's largely Fruit Vendor that hit pretty hard.  Fruit Vendor has a huge incentive to claim early and once that happens fakeclaims are impossible.  On other rows and columns that wouldn't necessarily be so much the case.  Anyway.  I think it would be OK.

Funny story, yuma might appreciate.  By the time all the issues pregame regarding changing the 10-2-1 setups had come up, the setup had already been rolled and was ready to go.  So pretending to change the setup was kinda fun.  I think if I ran it again I would nonetheless stick with the modified version though.  So not a total waste.

Finally, the flavour.  It got kinda out of my control.  Mostly it was written on the spot, totally just train-of-thought writing.  I think you can probably tell.  I was aware of it getting pretty surreal, but I hope people enjoyed it.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 06, 2016, 05:32:54 pm »

Very happy that we were able to win this game after the mid-game debacle.  Good job WW and Ampharos taking the time and getting it right.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 06, 2016, 05:35:29 pm »

Very happy that we were able to win this game after the mid-game debacle.  Good job WW and Ampharos taking the time and getting it right.

Still don't understand where your confidence came from.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 06, 2016, 05:39:40 pm »

I kind of think I should get the MVP here.. I didn't have the Hydrad read, but I was on Egor early, and I chose correctly in the end.  I was on the RR and Lekkit mislynches, but I think those were pretty hard to read as town, given how the game went.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 06, 2016, 05:41:10 pm »

Also, did Avocados come up because I brought it up, or was that a weird coincidence?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 06, 2016, 05:45:17 pm »

I also basically decided two days ago, but I wanted to hold off and see how Amph and Awaclus behaved.  I was about to jump come and vote Awaclus, but he had already voted when I checked in.  Not sure if it would have made a difference, but then the decision would have been up to Amph.  I suppose he was going to go for Awaclus regardless.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 06, 2016, 05:47:30 pm »

For the record, I would most likely have lynched me when you guys did.

In other news, I actually won a game!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 06, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »

I'm glad we won!  I was a little sad to be outed D1, because it meant that I didn't really get to play, but it was a good 1v1 trade

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 06, 2016, 05:53:48 pm »

I'm glad we won!  I was a little sad to be outed D1, because it meant that I didn't really get to play, but it was a good 1v1 trade
I still don't think we should've outed you.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 06, 2016, 05:56:44 pm »

I kind of think I should get the MVP here.. I didn't have the Hydrad read, but I was on Egor early, and I chose correctly in the end.  I was on the RR and Lekkit mislynches, but I think those were pretty hard to read as town, given how the game went.

And you also didn't help with my lynch.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: March 06, 2016, 06:00:29 pm »

Still don't understand where your confidence came from.

I portrayed a lot of confidence, but I honestly had no clue.  I think taking strong stances is good for town.  And I honestly thought that there was a strong possibility that you were scum.  So I went all in for it.  Awaclus was my second choice, but in other games (chocolate factory reference) where I went for my second choice it ended poorly.  So I just went for you.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 06, 2016, 06:01:57 pm »

Also, did Avocados come up because I brought it up, or was that a weird coincidence?
Coincidence.  If you look at the Mod QT you'll see I had flavour names down right at the start.  The only thing I changed was "Coffee Cake" became "Double Espresso Cake" cos I realised that was just a perfect fit.

I'm rereading for MVP now, screw errands.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 06, 2016, 06:02:54 pm »

And you also didn't help with my lynch.

Yeah, as it got later into that day I started thinking that it wasn't you.  But I also didn't do a whole lot that day; that lynch went through basically without my input.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 06, 2016, 06:06:27 pm »

My least favorite lynch was the RR one, but I mean, even then, I was the hammer....

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 06, 2016, 06:23:14 pm »

Yeah, no reason not to go:

Witherweaver is MVP.  Well played, sir.

Shouts to Teproc (who had scary good reads while he was around), and also to e, who for about 70% of the game had absolutely godlike reads.
Also (much as it pains me) to Awaclus, who in spite of everything came spectacularly close to saving the game from scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: March 06, 2016, 06:27:01 pm »

Shouts to Teproc (who had scary good reads while he was around), and also to e, who for about 70% of the game had absolutely godlike reads.
Also (much as it pains me) to Awaclus, who in spite of everything came spectacularly close to saving the game from scum.

I think that is a great MVP nod

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 06, 2016, 06:53:19 pm »

I'm super confused. I thought Awaclus was a confirmed IC here, because if he had been scum in this game, he would have had to get a sub becasue he doesn't have enough time to make six different false quicktopics.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 06, 2016, 06:54:19 pm »

Yay, thanks.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 06, 2016, 06:55:44 pm »

I'm super confused. I thought Awaclus was a confirmed IC here, because if he had been scum in this game, he would have had to get a sub becasue he doesn't have enough time to make six different false quicktopics.

Turns out he had enough time to make one false quicktopic.

Also, notice:

http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/mNPE6ehfxKd23

7 posts total, only two of which were before the final day, and one of those was the confirmation post.  QTs are far more skippable than people think.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 06, 2016, 07:32:16 pm »

I think everyone did a good job here during the last day.

I want to say however that I think it's debatable to give MVPs to players who "figure it out" at LyLo. It's the thing that is most present in the mod's mind of course, and in the end WW did make a decision that could have won or lost the game. However, the scum lynches D1 and D2 were at least as important, and e was the driving force behind those. Also if you're alive until LyLo as a VT, that is usually a sign that you did something wrong. You did not play townie enough to tempt mafia to nightkill you, and VTs want to be nightkilled to protect PRs. That is of course less of an issue in this game, when the first 4 kills were all ICs. Still e got killed over WW, meaning he played more townie. Ww just didn't do much until the very end, and that is why scum (i.e. Awaclus) felt comfortable leaving him alive.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.