Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 153246 times)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: February 08, 2016, 07:21:07 am »

yuma/2.7

Some QT-talk.

Disagrees that someone should counterclaim ADK. This doesn't seem like a scum move to me. At all.

Gets emotional and votes for faust.

Responds to faust's reread with very defensive comments. Defensive in a defend his person, not his role.

Tells us he sent a PM to the mod. Is then replaced by 2.7/e.

Votes for EgorK due to some fruit vendor related stuff I'll have to look up.

READS!
I think Awaclus is being counterproductive, but probably town.

I like lekkit as town right now

RR, chairs, hydrad, gkrieg, no real thoughts

ADK is town with his claim

Ww, teproc, faust, need more time to get an opinion

Same with silverspawn. I am leaning a but town on silverspawn though

This post...

Leanst town on Awaclus, me and a bit on silverspawn. No real opinion on anyone else. What's really weird is that he doesn't have an opinion on faust, Teproc/Ampharos or RR who actually have been posting a bit. Maybe WW fits in there as well. Can't really remember much of what he said so far, though. This reread is going to be interesting. :D

Switches vote to Hydrad. With only a double post to go on where Hydrad says he doesn't have a read on RR.

Encourages other to vote for Hydrad. Says he'll figure out why he's scum later. (Joke?)

Lays out his case against Hydrad, which is basically saying there's not enough to go on. I think that's a case against a lot of players so far. Also says he got a gut feeling Hydrad is scum.

And that's basically it.

I hope we'll see some less lazy stuff soon. Currently his two scumreads are very inactive people. You know the people who have said a lot? What are your thoughts about them? Maybe it's time to actually form the opinions you said you needed more time to form. Overall, seems like he was hastily thrown in the game and didn't really bother to reread properly. I guess that gives him some town points, though.

My sentence: I'm leaning slightly more town than scum. But could still be convinced to lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 08, 2016, 07:25:40 am »

I'm not saying it's not.

Except you are. You are saying it in your following posts. Which means you just lied.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #577 on: February 08, 2016, 07:27:06 am »

I'm not saying it's not. But noone should be required to share this information, that's just rude.

Noone should vote for me because that's rude. And when we're playing Dominion, you shouldn't buy Goons because that's rude.

It's a game and we're trying to win it. We shouldn't avoid making the correct play just because it's "rude".
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 08, 2016, 07:27:38 am »

Luckily, you pretty much laid out your strategy to get a mislynch in here: [...]

No I did not. The crucial piece of context that you just chipped from the post you quoted is this here:

Suppose you are someone who posts a lot in QTs. Now let's suppose you start a game and roll scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 08, 2016, 07:30:21 am »

What you are really doing here is arguing why we should not use this weapon that makes the game unfair for scum. Guess who has an incentive to make that argument? Scum.

I tried my hardest to talk sense into everyone while the game was still early enough for a rulestart. I tried to convince you that we should keep the game fair.

But now it started and we didn't do that, and now you are telling me we're supposed not to use our advantage? that's crazy!

I do not have a mislynch agenda. If RR is town, it might clear him. If RR is scum, it might reveal him. That's called a pro town thing.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 08, 2016, 07:38:52 am »

I'm legit not sure what to do with ss.  I kind of read him as scummy but am afraid it's just ss being ss. 

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 08, 2016, 07:39:48 am »

I'll just post this now, lynch me if you want, but if you do, please let me finish my rereads first. :P I have exactly 3 posts in my QT. Two of which I'm not allowed to repost. And here's my third:

I'm ready.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to write anything else here. Just as I haven't been keeping notes during other games. Or have been devoting all my time to the game. Something that's required in order for me to play "optimally".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 08, 2016, 07:49:20 am »

I'll just post this now, lynch me if you want, but if you do, please let me finish my rereads first. :P I have exactly 3 posts in my QT. Two of which I'm not allowed to repost. And here's my third:

No-one is trying to lynch you

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 08, 2016, 07:50:08 am »

I'm legit not sure what to do with ss.  I kind of read him as scummy but am afraid it's just ss being ss.

I'm less interested in how you read me and more in what excuse you have for not agreeing with what is obviously the best play, unless you do agree.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 08, 2016, 07:53:19 am »

Sorry, I don't like bird meat flavored girl scout cookies  :(

If you're talking about your whole RR thing.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 08, 2016, 07:53:46 am »

Luckily, you pretty much laid out your strategy to get a mislynch in here: [...]

No I did not. The crucial piece of context that you just chipped from the post you quoted is this here:

Suppose you are someone who posts a lot in QTs. Now let's suppose you start a game and roll scum.

But... that is my argument. You're trying to frame RR as scum, so of course you would refer to something that is a scum narrative to get him lynched.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 08, 2016, 07:54:59 am »

I'm less interested in how you read me and more in what excuse you have for not agreeing with what is obviously the best play, unless you do agree.

One Awaclus is frankly enough for me, thank you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 08, 2016, 07:56:46 am »

I'm not saying it's not. But noone should be required to share this information, that's just rude.

Noone should vote for me because that's rude. And when we're playing Dominion, you shouldn't buy Goons because that's rude.

It's a game and we're trying to win it. We shouldn't avoid making the correct play just because it's "rude".

Well, in that case I suppose best play for us is to bully you out of the game.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 08, 2016, 07:58:37 am »

But... that is my argument. You're trying to frame RR as scum, so of course you would refer to something that is a scum narrative to get him lynched.

the whole point of the QT thing is that, for people who post a lot in them, it reveals their alignment, no matter which alignment they have.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 08, 2016, 08:00:57 am »

A... well, someone once said that mafia is but a neverending struggle against a continuous onslaught of cognitive biases

I don't even know what to make of this

Sorry, I don't like bird meat flavored girl scout cookies  :(

hey I'm out of arguments!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #590 on: February 08, 2016, 08:04:23 am »

Well, in that case I suppose best play for us is to bully you out of the game.

I don't think that would be allowed by the rules, and it also wouldn't be the best play because it wouldn't work.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 08, 2016, 08:05:13 am »

the whole point of the QT thing is that, for people who post a lot in them, it reveals their alignment, no matter which alignment they have.

And the point of my accusation is that you already know RR will not quote his QT and you're using your known position on the QT issue as a way to easily frame him because in your simplistic world, only scum ever not quotes their QT.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 08, 2016, 08:08:10 am »

And the point of my accusation is that you already know RR will not quote his QT and you're using your known position on the QT issue as a way to easily frame him because in your simplistic world, only scum ever not quotes their QT.

er, well, no. I assume RR will quote his QT.

I still believe that RR is town with more than 50%, and that town!RR almost certainly does quote his QT.

I guess you're trying to imply that this isn't true, and town!RR would refuse to do that. But why would he do that.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 08, 2016, 08:19:53 am »

Because he said he wouldn't?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 08, 2016, 08:25:13 am »

Because he said he wouldn't?

do I really have to spell this out? How often do 13 year olds announce they will never do something, and how often do they stick to it?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 08, 2016, 08:26:58 am »

not even mentioning that refusing to do so would be horrifically anti town...

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 08, 2016, 08:42:44 am »

Same as refusing to claim your role or even having this discussion.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 08, 2016, 08:47:23 am »

Here. Finished goong throuh thread, would post what I take from it later. What caught my eye on last couple of pages is how Awaclus hypocritically requires RR to share his QT

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 08, 2016, 08:54:51 am »

fake fake fake

I don't think this is how scum!Silver acts.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 08, 2016, 09:09:52 am »

gkrieg13

So looking back at the matrix, We either just gave scum 0 information, in the case we are playing the straight up and down one, or we gave them information that confirms the setup for them, in the case we are playing the straight across one.

This is worth noting. Townslip.

Votes for yuma.

Later says it's probably just annoyed yuma.

Changes vote to Teproc.

Does a reread and actually posts something with a bit of substance. With null-scummy reads on EgorK and silverspawn and a scumread on Teproc (later Ampharos).

Says Ampharos is scummy after only two posts. I guess for thinking Awaclus is the scummiest?

Wonders why people are voting for RR and Hydrad, then goes on and says RR is acting weird.

Votes for Hydrad after he posted a brief post with a vote for RR.

Says RR is weird, but not necessarily scummy. Soon thereafter he votes for RR himself.

Changes his vote to silverspawn without anything else in the post. Putting him at L-2 which he soon after points out.

Explains why he think silverspawn is scummy. For playing like gkrieg does as scum.

won't lynch:  WW, faust, ADK, e

want to lynch: RR, ss, Ampharos

would lynch: all the rest

Suddenly strong town reads on WW, faust and e. Unless there's some other reason for not wanting to lynch them. Still finds the same three people scummy.

Well I was thinking anyone on a wagon that is smaller than 3 should pick a different wagon, but that means pretty much anybody.  Ampharos and Hydrad should probably move their votes seeing as WW and Awaclus are probably not happening today. 

Basically encourage eveyone to vote for Hydrad. Keeps his own vote on a 2 person wagon, which seems like it could possibly happen seeing as it gained traction earlier.

Overall, I think he's a bit all over the place. Seems a bit stubborn on his scum reads, tries to get stuff happening, stays inactive, making votes-only posts. I do get a towny vibe from him and paired with the townslip early, I think he's likely to be town.

My sentence: Would not lynch.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.