Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 153241 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: February 05, 2016, 03:53:28 pm »

In a vacuum, very few things are more scummy than asking 'if you are wrong, can we lynch you next'

Why?

Setting up people to be mislynched is scummy
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 05, 2016, 03:55:22 pm »

good enough for me to vote: RR over you

but that said
I thought about saying this before, and have said it before, but only as scum.

I'm not you.

This is another post that I would only post as scum. I've thought the same thing about faust when there were 2 games where he tunneled me hard.
That doesn't explain why I am more likely to say it as scum than town

eh... I don't like this post. But I - sigh - do think it's a towny post.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 05, 2016, 03:58:46 pm »

How would you like a post that is a case against you?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 05, 2016, 04:00:07 pm »

I'm not scum. I think the Trump reference is very appropriate.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 05, 2016, 04:02:28 pm »

In a vacuum, very few things are more scummy than asking 'if you are wrong, can we lynch you next'

Why?

But this does not work, does it? If the player who says this is lynched, and is scum, then obviously the other guy wasn't wrong so the setup doesn't work. Maybe I have the wrong context here... I guess if it means "if you are wrong [about other player]" rather than "if you are wrong [about me]" it makes more sense. For some reason I thought it meant the latter.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 05, 2016, 04:02:56 pm »

I think I'd appreciate (probably not like) it if it had only points that I think are fair, which isn't the case here because it's not fair to say 'I do this as scum, you did it, therefore you're scum'. And it's also unfair in a way that I can't immediately disprove, which fuels the dislike.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 05, 2016, 04:05:20 pm »

Why?

But this does not work, does it? If the player who says this is lynched, and is scum, then obviously the other guy wasn't wrong so the setup doesn't work. Maybe I have the wrong context here... I guess if it means "if you are wrong [about other player]" rather than "if you are wrong [about me]" it makes more sense. For some reason I thought it meant the latter.

This was the source:

But really guys, let's lynch hydrad. He is totally scum this game. I will figure out why later
If Hydrad is town can we lynch you?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 05, 2016, 04:05:25 pm »

I think I'd appreciate (probably not like) it if it had only points that I think are fair, which isn't the case here because it's not fair to say 'I do this as scum, you did it, therefore you're scum'. And it's also unfair in a way that I can't immediately disprove, which fuels the dislike.

Every case ever made is biased by your own point of view. At least gkrieg is honest enough to admit that. Saying that it is "unfair" is rubbish.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 05, 2016, 04:21:25 pm »

Every case ever made is biased by your own point of view. At least gkrieg is honest enough to admit that. Saying that it is "unfair" is rubbish.

No, what you are saying here is rubbish. Having your own point of view is not the same as projecting your own behavior on someone else. gkrieg said (again): 'I do this as scum, you did it, therefore you're scum'. He could have also said: 'You did this as scum here and here and never did this as town'. The first is unfair. The second is not.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 05, 2016, 04:36:14 pm »

Kind of busy as it's friday night.

I'm not really a fan of the silverspawn lynch.

I think RR looks pretty bad, but I want to do a reread, which I won't have time for tonight. So if anyone else is able to, have we had anything else than defense and jokes from him?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 05, 2016, 04:40:09 pm »

I think RR looks pretty bad, but I want to do a reread, which I won't have time for tonight. So if anyone else is able to, have we had anything else than defense and jokes from him?
Hi Lekkit!
I've never played with you before, but I hope you could find the time to read a game that I was in where I was town. Possibly Forest Fire Mafia, possibly Board Game mafia, possibly Marval Heros mafia. I hope this will aid you in making your decesion as to whether or not you want to you really want to lynch me.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 05, 2016, 04:47:08 pm »

I love when people make cases against me. That gives me a chance to methodically destroy aforementioned "case" with irrefutable arguments proving my innocence.

I mean, I especially love when the cases have weak points (like gkrieg's). Makes it even easier to point out the flaws and get town cred. I am pretty sure I have made cases against scum partners before that are mostly legit but still easy enough to fight off (maybe not. I should really do this next time I am scum though). Town points all around.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 05, 2016, 04:47:50 pm »

No, but RR does love to play defense all game.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 05, 2016, 04:50:07 pm »

But yeah, you know me. Always down for a good old fashioned RR lynch. Although I don't think he is the best option today

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 05, 2016, 04:56:18 pm »

But yeah, you know me. Always down for a good old fashioned RR lynch. Although I don't think he is the best option today
Come onnnnnn.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2016, 05:57:21 pm »

Gkreig scum confirmed. 

But we can pursue that at a later date if you are so inclined.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2016, 06:01:58 pm »

Gkreig scum confirmed. 

But we can pursue that at a later date if you are so inclined.

I don't get it.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2016, 06:30:00 pm »

Just make note of it so when he's scum you can be like "oh yeah Amph said that".  That's all :P

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 05, 2016, 06:53:58 pm »

The thing about gkrieg is that in Board Game, which just finished, I was his scum partner and I specifically coached him to make long reread posts when he was getting lynched, and that helped get the pressure off of him, and that looks like exactly what's happening here. I don't buy that long posts=town!gkrieg.

Ampharos... I don't know, my town read on Teproc is fading in the light of some of Amph's posts. I don't think I want to lynch him today but it warrants a reread of Teproc methinks.

At this point RR is playing to his meta so hard it seems like self-parody. I would lynch RR for sure.

So I guess my lynch pool is still Hydrad, RR, gkrieg.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 05, 2016, 06:55:26 pm »

I love when people make cases against me. That gives me a chance to methodically destroy aforementioned "case" with irrefutable arguments proving my innocence.

I mean, I especially love when the cases have weak points (like gkrieg's). Makes it even easier to point out the flaws and get town cred. I am pretty sure I have made cases against scum partners before that are mostly legit but still easy enough to fight off (maybe not. I should really do this next time I am scum though). Town points all around.

But this also makes me want to lynch e, reminds of that Blitz game where we were scum together and he got caught by being super-jokey about being scum. It's the same self-awareness and bravado. So I guess throw e in the lynch pool too.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 05, 2016, 06:56:37 pm »

The thing about gkrieg is that in Board Game, which just finished, I was his scum partner and I specifically coached him to make long reread posts when he was getting lynched, and that helped get the pressure off of him, and that looks like exactly what's happening here. I don't buy that long posts=town!gkrieg.

Interesting. I assume that is recorded in the scum qt. Might have to go back and look at that

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 05, 2016, 07:02:40 pm »

O NOES QT QUOTING

Making a strong case on someone else can help, it doesn't necessarily have to be anyone on your wagon. Or give detailed reads of everyone, with the sentiment "if I'm going to be lynched, I'm going to help town as much as I can before I go."
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 05, 2016, 07:03:15 pm »

But this also makes me want to lynch e, reminds of that Blitz game where we were scum together and he got caught by being super-jokey about being scum. It's the same self-awareness and bravado. So I guess throw e in the lynch pool too.

You used this exact same argument in another normal game after that blitz game, I forget which one. I was town there too

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 05, 2016, 07:04:46 pm »

Then he started making the posts starting here.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 05, 2016, 07:05:29 pm »

You used this exact same argument in another normal game after that blitz game, I forget which one. I was town there too

It'll be right one of these days. And that post is scummy in a vacuum anyway.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.