Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30  All

Author Topic: Secret Hitler I [Round 12]  (Read 73322 times)

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler I [Round 4]
« Reply #325 on: January 24, 2016, 03:00:06 am »

You really think EgorK is more likely to be fascist than Tables?  I definitely agree that ghost is conf!fascist.  His reads list seems very fabricated.  He says that I have a fine voting record and that Hydrad has a poor voting record, when we have voted the same every time.
There are two significant differences between your and Hydrad's voting record
a) You approved your own government (president with alignment known to you), Hydrad approved your government but doesn't know your alignment (unless he is fascist).
b) Hydrad approved Tables/EgorK even though he would have been ADK's chancellor. You had to select one of three governments none of which contained you.

Finally there is also the voting of other players on your government. The two governments that enacted a fascist law were passed 7-2. The government that you proposed failed 4-5. That makes it more likely that you are liberal.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 24, 2016, 11:23:24 am »

I might candidate gkrieg. I am not sure yet tho, still limitef access so kinda hard. Till 28th. Also dontthink i can aprove most nonme goverment as i i got not many real liberal reads ( i can be prez this cycle, right?) sry for poor typing, cant type on phone.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 24, 2016, 11:27:17 am »

Or maybe egor, he is pretty certanly lib if tables is f. Unless tables is doung next level busing. That means i meed to be pretty certain about tables

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 24, 2016, 11:28:46 am »

No wait. I cant be prez this cycle, so what i said doestn matter that much

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2016, 11:44:12 am »

I don't know that two fascists would play themselves into a scenario where it is confirmed that one of them is a fascist.
Yet, you assume that Archetype and EgorK outed themselves ???

I don't.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 24, 2016, 11:45:56 am »

There are no reasons given for why ADK would be a fascist except some bogus probability argument.
Imho, hard data (voting + enacted laws) beats soft data (reads).

And this is pretty ridiculous. Your "hard data" is only interpretation of people's voting patterns, i.e. reads, i.e. "soft data". The distinction is meaningless.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2016, 04:40:43 pm »

If I'm fascist, that doesn't clear EgorK. It's possible that Arch/EgorK/Tables would be the fascist team.
I see that this is technically possible, but I don't see you actually playing that way if both you and EgorK are fascist.

You're really trying hard to split hairs here and just making yourself look worse in the process. At this point I'm far less concerned with being on missions myself than I am about keeping you and Arch off at pretty much all costs. Any liberal/liberal missions are good for me, so unlike you, I'm not focusing on trying to get myself on the missions specifically. I just want no fascists on and I'll be happy.

Anyway reading other stuff, probably won't reply again tonight (been a busy weekend and am now tired), expect something substantial tomorrow evening.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2016, 05:08:16 pm »

You only want to keep Arch/ghost from missions and not me, that's funny. Amount of fascist slips from you is ridiculous this game

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2016, 05:21:22 pm »

You only want to keep Arch/ghost from missions and not me, that's funny. Amount of fascist slips from you is ridiculous this game

Is it just me or does this post literally not make sense?
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 25, 2016, 03:23:18 am »

What do you mean?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 25, 2016, 05:20:00 am »

Why are you cincerned about egirk looking worse ib the process? And how much worse can he look to you when hecis confirmed fascist to you

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 25, 2016, 05:50:00 am »

Why are you cincerned about egirk looking worse ib the process? And how much worse can he look to you when hecis confirmed fascist to you

Pointing out problems in posts of someone who is conf!fascist to you, but not yet to the players at large is valid tactics. After all you need to prove that someone is fascist to others.

By the way, I still do not understand how that Tables post, where he said that even if he is fascist, I am not necessarily liberal, can came from anyone but fascist. Can anyone enlighten me?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 25, 2016, 09:58:50 am »

Pointing out problems in posts of someone who is conf!fascist to you, but not yet to the players at large is valid tactics. After all you need to prove that someone is fascist to others.

By the way, I still do not understand how that Tables post, where he said that even if he is fascist, I am not necessarily liberal, can came from anyone but fascist. Can anyone enlighten me?

Well, it can be 'general game advice'  though, yeah, that post is reeks of seeding doubt even if he gets busted.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 25, 2016, 10:02:54 am »

I'm going to nominate faust. If you're liberal, you'll yes on vote this.

Nominate: faust
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 25, 2016, 11:28:01 am »

Good stuff. This is definitely my preferred government out of all possibilities.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 25, 2016, 02:24:23 pm »

What do you mean?

I mean the post makes literally no sense. I just told everyone "don't trust Egor regardless of what you think about me" and you reply saying "Why doesn't Tables care about keeping me off mission." Like, I literally just said the exact opposite thing. I don't think I've even mentioned once about keeping Ghost off of missions, especially considering my read on Ghost is somewhat liberal.

Not only that but apparently I'm making a "ridiculous amount of scumslips?" Like, if I were a fascist I would agree, because zero scumslips is pretty ridiculous. But you know, it's easy to not scumslip, when you aren't scum.

Basically, what this is boiling down to is, Egor is not making any sense any more. He knows he's backed into a corner, and seems to be getting desperate to try and make me look bad, but since there's nothing there to actually latch on to, is just throwing out wild accusations, such as implying I'm scumslipping but choosing not to demonstrate it to everyone (why? Because he can't, but wants to raise suspicion on me as much as possible).

Only plausible case is Tables is fascist, I am liberal, and he tries to safeguard against being outed somehow later in he game/cast some shadow in my direction

Or if you're fascist, I'm liberal, and I want to remind everyone that even if they suspect me, they should still never trust you. Which it is, since if one cares to look back at when it was posted, you'll see I was directly quoting someone who was suggesting it being a case of A or B, while ignoring the possibility of C. And so I pointed out the logical error. Which, as one will note, is something I've done on more than one occasion, regardless of whether it benefits me.

Honestly, you seem really intent to blow this one comment completely away from it's context, then blow it completely out of proportion. It was a two sentence reply just making note of a possibility ghost had overlooked. It even contained the phrase "I know this is kinda splitting hairs," so it's not even like I was trying to make a big deal of it. I wanted to point out the error and also make sure that even if people think I'm likely scum, they don't go thinking Arch and you are cleared as a result.

Go home, Grujah, you're drunk. But hopefully I've made this clear above already. I'm quite happy to point out the dirt around Egor, since it makes it less likely a fascist will be elected. If he says something that doesn't make sense, I'm going to call it out, for this reason, and also so I can actually respond to whatever point was being tried to be made.

I don't like that closing statement there, but... yeah, I think this is the best possible proposal.

You really think EgorK is more likely to be fascist than Tables?  I definitely agree that ghost is conf!fascist.  His reads list seems very fabricated.  He says that I have a fine voting record and that Hydrad has a poor voting record, when we have voted the same every time.

I haven't really been suspicious of ghost, I still has a slight liberal read on him, but regardless I really struggle to see how he's anything close to confirmed fascist.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2016, 02:33:18 pm »

If I'm fascist, that doesn't clear EgorK. It's possible that Arch/EgorK/Tables would be the fascist team.
I see that this is technically possible, but I don't see you actually playing that way if both you and EgorK are fascist.

You're really trying hard to split hairs here and just making yourself look worse in the process. At this point I'm far less concerned with being on missions myself than I am about keeping you and Arch off at pretty much all costs. Any liberal/liberal missions are good for me, so unlike you, I'm not focusing on trying to get myself on the missions specifically. I just want no fascists on and I'll be happy.

Anyway reading other stuff, probably won't reply again tonight (been a busy weekend and am now tired), expect something substantial tomorrow evening.

You replied to ghost here. Is that what's causing confusion?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 25, 2016, 03:42:21 pm »

That... uhh, yeah. Wow, major derp.

I think that clears up why Egor seemed to not be making sense, at least. Because I wasn't making sense in the first place. Heh.

Apologies to everyone who I've confused.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 26, 2016, 05:42:19 pm »

Or maybe egor, he is pretty certanly lib if tables is f. Unless tables is doung next level busing. That means i meed to be pretty certain about tables
I would not include Tables or EgorK until 3 fascist laws have passed. Then it might be better to choose one of them, because it seems less likely that one of them is Hitler.

I stated my reasons why I don't like this government earlier so just a brief summary. From my perspective, if Tables is liberal, ADK is likely fascist. If Tables is fascist then he might have selected one of the remaining fascist players to get the third fascist law enacted. So I don't approve this government. I hope that the remaining liberal players at least consider this possibility and choose Hydrad of preferably me as a president.

Hydrad could you please post your shadow cabinet, so that the other players can make an informed choice.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 26, 2016, 05:54:39 pm »

I don't know that two fascists would play themselves into a scenario where it is confirmed that one of them is a fascist.
I don't.

Well this post made me think that you think that EgorK is fascist (and hence Archetype, too).
I do not see liberal Tables/scum Tables in team with me ever posting first past of last post
Well, I do not see liberal!you posting this, because liberal!you would know that Tables is fascist.
If that is not the case whom do you consider as fascist?

There are no reasons given for why ADK would be a fascist except some bogus probability argument.
Imho, hard data (voting + enacted laws) beats soft data (reads).
And this is pretty ridiculous. Your "hard data" is only interpretation of people's voting patterns, i.e. reads, i.e. "soft data". The distinction is meaningless.
The distinction is simple. Everything that is enforced by the game rules = hard data. A vote has a consequence in the game, hence it is more important than a read.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2016, 07:01:48 pm »

I don't.

Well this post made me think that you think that EgorK is fascist (and hence Archetype, too).
I do not see liberal Tables/scum Tables in team with me ever posting first past of last post
Well, I do not see liberal!you posting this, because liberal!you would know that Tables is fascist.
If that is not the case whom do you consider as fascist?

I do think it is likely that they are both fascist. I do not think they outed themselves.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2016, 08:11:32 pm »

Hydrad could you please post your shadow cabinet, so that the other players can make an informed choice.

I'd probably pick you or faust.

Maybe ADK also. but you or faust are the top 2 for me right now.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2016, 10:33:17 am »

So... did everybody vote? Why is nothing happening? Kirian?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2016, 11:12:30 am »

I still need votes from Arch, Grujah, and Hydrad.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 28, 2016, 12:32:45 pm »

Sorry, I was waiting for the proposal to be confirmed.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.