Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61  All

Author Topic: RMM 28: Simply Simpler Simple Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 141647 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 28: Simply Simpler Simple Mafia (Game Over)
« Reply #1475 on: November 24, 2015, 11:39:53 am »

WW better watch out. The way things are going he won't last another 12 hours

It's fun to be so called out for being scum in the speccy when you actually were scum and lasted to the end.

Though, it was mostly a lot of luck, and a good lie by Faust.  I thought I was pretty scummy this game and should have been lynched; I actually always think I am when I'm scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 24, 2015, 11:41:03 am »

eh... you accuse me of a lot of stuff in that QT.

Rereading, I guess it's just Silverspawn and XP that were actively confirming their low opinions of me. Faust was just agreeing.

I'm surprised by faust, I guess. The other two, well we're clear on how SS feels about me.

I reread all posts I made this game (not that many, since I died n1), and I only even said two things that concerned you (otherwise I deliberately ignored you to avoid conflict).

The one was that you pushed my lynch every game since the incident, which is an observation.
The other was that people you push day 1 are usually town, which is an observation.

If you want to look for reasons (which I didn't do in the game, I just stated stats that I remembered), then #2 to a lesser extent follows out of the no-bus policy (which I think is good play, I think people bus too much). If you are guaranteed not to vote for scum as scum, then if you vote for someone, he's more likely town, unless you have really accurate day 1 reads as town. The rest is probably mostly variance.

You could have kept the QT private, but since you chose to share it, it seems appropriate that I write a response. I don't think I'm guilty of the things you accuse me of.

Figured it wouldn't be very honest to keep it private.  I welcome your response.

I actually think we're in a much better place since a lot of those posts were written.  I did feel like there were some traces of old ill-feelings from now-old experiences that remained, but I do think we've made it past those just fine.

So, I appreciate your response, am fine with you disagreeing, but that was how I felt at the time.  I don't feel that way anymore, if that matters to you.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 24, 2015, 11:41:40 am »

Great setup. Dying from heartbreak N1 sucks. Haha

I think my role needed a N0 target. Because then I would have received my first result at N1, like a normal cop. With another result on each following night

The delay was deliberate. As has been stated there were a lot of investigative roles out there and I felt that in a sense they needed to be weakened or nerfed slightly. And I don't really like N0 actions given that they are purely random (or worse, used for solely meta reasons). They can be useful at times, but I tend to not like them in principle.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 24, 2015, 11:42:14 am »

I think my role needed a N0 target. Because then I would have received my first result at N1, like a normal cop. With another result on each following night

Yuma, why did he still die of heartbreak despite my jailkeep? Wasn't he roleblocked?

You mentioned there might be disagreements with some of your choices. Was this one of them?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 24, 2015, 11:44:59 am »

Also anyone want to chime in on what they thought would be the optimal play for Jimmmmm's role?

I was surprised that he never claimed to be IC, especially with PPS's result. I think town could have benefited from having an IC around and given the protection this game had he could have survived for a while with people protecting him. But his role was made to make people wary of protecting him for fear of being shot at. But that became mute when a bunch of people targeted him Night1. Jimmmm, faust and silverspawn were all overly targeted on night1.

Every single protective role targeted faust during Night1 and in the end none of them did anything because he was Hiding. I thought that was pretty hilarious.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 24, 2015, 11:45:36 am »

It's fun to be so called out for being scum in the speccy when you actually were scum and lasted to the end.

Though, it was mostly a lot of luck, and a good lie by Faust.  I thought I was pretty scummy this game and should have been lynched; I actually always think I am when I'm scum.

You were mad scummy! Remember how ready I was to lynch you after the massclaim? Your claim was weaksauce! But Faust made up so much mumbojumbo to clear you that I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 24, 2015, 11:46:01 am »

From XP in the speccy:

3rd party faust getting hydrad to revenge kill WW for the win would be the most awesome thing ever.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 24, 2015, 11:46:24 am »

You were mad scummy! Remember how ready I was to lynch you after the massclaim? Your claim was weaksauce! But Faust made up so much mumbojumbo to clear you that I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Faust's claim was weaksauce!  Mine was fine.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 24, 2015, 11:47:30 am »

Yuma, why did he still die of heartbreak despite my jailkeep? Wasn't he roleblocked?

You mentioned there might be disagreements with some of your choices. Was this one of them?

Yes. This would have been one of them. He was in fact role blocked as his investigation would not have gone through. But I made the decision to have "Loving" be a role that couldn't be blocked as I didn't see it as an action but more as a "feeling or emotion" ?? I can't think of the right word...

And as for why he died, this is because he died after seeing that his lover had also died. At the daybreak, after being left out of the babysitter's house. He saw his lover and then died.

This was one that was pretty clear from how I set it up from the beginning of the game. It might not be correct according to others, but it was how I interpreted it to be resolved.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 24, 2015, 11:48:30 am »

One shot bulletproof 'townie,' Rofl

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: November 24, 2015, 11:48:59 am »

But didn't you do the same thing... just put townie on the other side of the role? How is what he did any different?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 24, 2015, 11:49:27 am »

"Bulletproof Townie" is a role.  I mean, the role is Bulletproof, but we call it Bulletproof Townie.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 24, 2015, 11:49:53 am »

oh, okay. Glad to hear that, and I agree. No problem then.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 24, 2015, 11:50:22 am »

Edit: @Yuma, naw that makes perfect sense to me. Its just tragic and means my role never did a thing the whole game, lol.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 24, 2015, 11:51:02 am »

And also, for a long time I wanted to claim something something Neighborizor, but I needed two modifiers.  I was going to use Compulsive, but if I used "One-Shot BP", that sounds like a modifier on a modifier, and I don't think that fits in the setup.  So I settled on moving Neibhorizor to a modifier, which it actually is in my role.

Basically, exactly what Faust said in analyzing my choice.  Though, he knew I was scum at that point.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 24, 2015, 11:52:15 am »

But didn't you do the same thing... just put townie on the other side of the role? How is what he did any different?

What I did was a ridiculous mistake!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 24, 2015, 11:53:40 am »

Actually, Yuma, was my claim realistic in this setup?  If you did decide to make Bulletproof a role (not a modifier), how would you word it?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 24, 2015, 11:55:55 am »

Also anyone want to chime in on what they thought would be the optimal play for Jimmmmm's role?

I think it's a really interesting and difficult question, because... how should I call it. It basically trades 'mechanical' benefits for better interactions, potentially reads, the part that you can't measure.

Mechanically, it's correct to claim as late as possible. But if you claim early, you can lead and hopefully improve discussion.

What this means I think is that the question can't be fully answered. It certainly can't be mathd out. Personally, I'd have claimed either at the start of day 1 or day 2. But I think it's not Jimmmm's style to "lead" others in mafia.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 24, 2015, 11:59:00 am »

Actually, Yuma, was my claim realistic in this setup?  If you did decide to make Bulletproof a role (not a modifier), how would you word it?

I would have worded it 1-shot Bulletproof Neighborizer, but that isn't what you are asking... But Bulletproof Townie probably would have worked. However, Bulletproof Townie wasn't in the role listing, maybe it should have been because Bulletproof certainly could have been a role, and not a modifier per the rules.

But I think "Neighborizing 1-shot Bulletproof" looks a bit weird. At one point I did have just "Townie" listed as a possible role, but removed it because it is lame and that would have put you up to 4 role/modifiers. So in hindsight "Bulletproof Townie" should have been in the list along with "Bulletproof"

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 24, 2015, 12:00:13 pm »

Edit: @Yuma, naw that makes perfect sense to me. Its just tragic and means my role never did a thing the whole game, lol.

No... You stopped Hydrad from ever getting a useful result!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 24, 2015, 12:02:47 pm »

Thing is, with the rest of the roles 1-shot Bulletproof Neighborizor sounds like both "1-shot" and "Bulletproof" are modifying "Neighborizor".

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 24, 2015, 12:07:23 pm »

too many games where scum gets lynched day 1 and wins...
Faust, gkrieg, and I make a power team. (although I think WW was close to being MVP - managing to survive with a guilty result on you takes some skill, no matter the circumstances)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: November 24, 2015, 12:15:57 pm »

I still can't believe that every single one of my long-winded scumreads On D4 was spot on and yet I still lost the game for town.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 24, 2015, 12:16:53 pm »

I still can't believe that every single one of my long-winded scumreads On D4 was spot on and yet I still lost the game for town.
Yeah you were really scary.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 24, 2015, 12:17:55 pm »

Yeah you were really scary.

Thanks!

From now on, I will have a lot more confidence in myself and I ABSOLUTELY 100% DO NOT LISTEN TO FAUST!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61  All

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 21 queries.