Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ben's cards  (Read 12645 times)

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2131
    • View Profile
Re: Ben's cards
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 04:52:12 pm »
+2

Petitioner would be interesting if it top decked the junk

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 07:29:28 pm »
+4

(EDIT) I have nothing against modifyng someone else's cards for your use (because I do a lot of that myself).
And it's cool for you to post all these mockups, but I would suggest posting these in your Fan Card Mock-Ups thread, and maybe use some different wording when talking about the cards you did or didn't mock-up. I know if you posted in my Resurgence thread and announced "I've redone the set and scrapped a few cards." I would be offended. It's more understandable to do it in an inactive fan card thread, but still I recommend more tact. For instance, it'd be nicer if you said "I only did mock-ups for my favorite cards," rather than, "I scrapped these cards from [somebody else's] set." Rather than, "I've redone the set," just say "I've mocked up the set my way" or something like that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:39:46 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 08:10:18 pm »
+1

(EDIT) I have nothing against modifyng someone else's cards for your use (because I do a lot of that myself).
And it's cool for you to post all these mockups, but I would suggest posting these in your Fan Card Mock-Ups thread, and maybe use some different wording when talking about the cards you did or didn't mock-up. I know if you posted in my Resurgence thread and announced "I've redone the set and scrapped a few cards." I would be offended. It's more understandable to do it in an inactive fan card thread, but still I recommend more tact. For instance, it'd be nicer if you said "I only did mock-ups for my favorite cards," rather than, "I scrapped these cards from [somebody else's] set." Rather than, "I've redone the set," just say "I've mocked up the set my way" or something like that.
Good points. I mainly felt okay doing this because it's an inactive thread with an (mostly) inactive owner. I'll edit the post.

EDIT: blecch, this whole talking on the internet is hard.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:39:43 am by ThetaSigma12 »
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

ben_king

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ben.king
  • formerly grsbmd
  • Respect: +612
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 02:10:38 pm »
+2

I'm flattered by your fixing up of my cards.  :D

And I like a lot of the changes (many of my ideas were never actually tested in a real game) you made.

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2016, 07:11:05 pm »
+2

I've tried to make this work a few times and it doesn't really do it for me. You have to devote yourself to it and hope your opponents don't decide to do the same. I think I like it better than Duke though.

This is a house favorite for fan cards, we've played it maybe a dozen times. Not much to say about other than how much I like it!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 01:48:45 pm by MattLee »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 20 queries.