Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Author Topic: All the Fan Cards You Could Ever Want! (Almost 400+ Cards!)  (Read 78282 times)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
All the Fan Cards You Could Ever Want! (Almost 400+ Cards!)
« on: September 14, 2016, 01:32:35 pm »
+15

I'm planning to redo many fan cards that have appeared on this forum and beyond. For the older ones, I'll update the wording and whatnot. The newer ones will mainly be for the sake of consistency. I'll also add some of my cards I made, and link to other threads where you can get more juicy fan cards that are so good I won't do them.
Disclaimer: Most of these are being done solely as the work of a fan (yes, a work of a fan on a work of a fan). For most of these, I'm simply hoping to redo the templates and add some balancing based on my playtesting experience.

A few things to know before you browse:
-Seasons and Flash mechanics were developed by Co0kiel0rd (Also Asper for Seasons). Click them to find the thread with the rules, and check out the other cards.
-Please point out typos. I find it helpful, not annoying.
-Click the images to zoom in.
-Click the quote by the creator to find the source thread.
-Unless you would necro the thread, please continue the discussion of the card effects in the original thread.
-Under the card, you'll see some words "By: X" or "Creator: X" refers to the creator's name. "Illustration: X" refers to the artist's name.
-There are a few tags I may have added. (Modded) means I substantially changed the card from the original. (Edited) means it's roughly the same but it may function differently in certain edge cases. (Recosted) means I just changed the cost.
-The second quote box is my thoughts on the expansion. Under that you'll see some headings, "-" meaning a change I might make, "+" meaning a card I'll add, and "~" meaning cards I won't do.
-There's a new word, "during". Any effect that happens "during" X, happens the next time you reach X, or now if you're already in X.
-Some Reserves say "you may call a X". This means that you may only call one X to react to a certain event.
-I give every reply a +1
-If you're a creator and have a beef with me about something, post about it here please, or PM me if you want to.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:09:02 pm by ThetaSigma12 »
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Card Mock-Ups 2.0
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:51:46 am »
+5

4est’s Cards
Currently it’s 15 cards, that mostly revolve around the theme of discarding for benefit and cycling cards that either like or can create small hand-sizes.  Since these are my first cards, I kept them simple—no durations, tokens, reserves, debt, potions, travellers and such—just 13 Actions (2 Attacks), 1 Treasure-Reaction, and 1 Victory.  All have gone through some playtesting, but I'm continuing to playtest and modify as I go. 
Quote from: ThetaSimga12
Rating: 7/10
Progress: Partly complete.

Adversity by MultiTalented:
This is a set that aims to be a standalone expansion. It does not use any tokens or rely on any cards from other expansions. I tried to encompass all the essential aspects of Dominion, and I'll be adding more cards later. The theme is adversity and the unfair nature of life.
Quote from: ThetaSigma12
Progress: Complete

Auto-Destruct-Sequence's Cards:
This is my first attempt at creating a fan expansion. There are 24 cards. I did my best to try to include various card types with a good deal of interactions.
Rating: 6/10
Progress: Several cards might get balancing changes, but otherwise the set is complete.

Ben_King's Cards:
Over the past few months, I've been working on making some of my own Dominion cards.  Mostly they're just random ideas, but there are a couple themes lurking that may get organized enough to turn into a fan expansion someday:
a
1) Cards that get treasures into play during the action phase (a la Black Market and Storyteller) and action cards that benefit from having treasures in play.
2) Cards that would best be online only (Elixir and Quintessence - since they really should only be in the game if there are other Potion cards).  I've been working on my own online Dominion interface and am planning to implement them there.

I'm sure some of these ideas have probably been done before, but I'd love to know what you guys think about them.
Progress: Complete.

Civilization by ThetaSigma12 & AdrianHealey
Greetings forum,

A while ago Roadrunner and I started working on an expansion together, we were stuck a bit, until Theta joined us and then everything went pretty quickly. So today I have the honor to present to you the beta version of a new fan expansion called 'civilization'. Most of the cards have seen sufficient playtesting to warrant 'probably ok' label, but some could use some more.
Rating: 5/10

Conspiracy by kru5h
My cards aspire to be the sequel to Intrigue. Lots of choices and duality. I call it Dominion: Conspiracy.
Progress: Almost complete. Some cards will be changed as Kru5h changes them.

Greed by Fragasnap:
Dominion: Greed is a fan expansion that has been in the making since the release of Dominion: Guilds in 2013 between myself and Lamestar, a friend of mine.
This expansion for Dominion consists of 21 Kingdom cards, with more pending testing. The set has two mechanical themes: Cards which harm the user (providing negative effects) and "in games using this" effects.
Rating: 8/10
Progress: Complete. Some cards will be changed as Fragsnap changes them.

Highlands by SettingFraming:
I've been playing Dominion for a while, but haven't really spent any time on this part of the forum. Anyways, I made a small expansion (12 cards). They're mountain themed. I'll let you guys figure out the play theme (if there is one).

Holy Order by General Ramos:
This post has been updated to reflect the current state of the cards. The following are more or less stable right now.
Progress: Almost complete.

Jacques'Cards:
Progress: Alsmot complete.

Legacy
"Asper's Cards" were created with the main goal to make original but relatively easy to understand cards by using existing game mechanics. As most mechanics of Dominion are visited, the collection also works as a Treasure Chest, with each official set up to Empires having at least 2 cards dedicated to it (let's call this 25-card subset "Dominion - Legacy"). The "set" currently has: A card you can spend more than one action on, a VP card that attacks to become worth more, a card that starts out in the trash, a $2 curser, a card that will cost you VP when you gain it, a Potion Event and at least one horrible pun.
Rating: 9/10
Progress: Complete, though Asper changes his cards often.

MattLee's Cards:
Hi all! This is my first shot at making cards and I'd love any and all input I can get before I print them out. I only own the base set (1st and 2nd edition), Intrigue (1st and 2nd), Seaside, and Prosperity but I am familiar with most of the other cards. If a card of mine is very similar to a card in a later expansion me know. I only play 2 player and usually colony/platinum games so cards that work for those games are my priority but I want them balanced for all games if possible. I prefer cards that are simple, don't slow down the game, and are unique.

McGarnacle's Cards:
Using Violet CLM's fantastic Dominion Card Image Generator (Note: It's great but I didn't use it), I've made some Fan Cards I would like your opinions on. They are supposed to work with Alchemy and Cornucopia specifically (2 of my fav expansions), using some ideas I've seen previously like the + mechanic, which is awesome.
Progress: Incomplete.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:20:08 pm by ThetaSigma12 »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:33:59 pm »
+4

Mini-Set Design Contest
Rating: 9/10

Mini-Set Losers

Plauge by Plasticbrain:
Hail, weary pilgrim... rest while I tell a dark tale of disaster.... and redemption!  On comes Plague, a dangerous new mini-expansion for Dominion. I hope you 'enjoy' Curses as much as I do... mwah ha ha HAAAA!!

... bear in mind, that only 5 of these 13 cards actually give Curses. I also designed them specifically so while they have fun interactions amongst themselves, they could go into any random Dominion game and be fun individually. let me know what you think, but please spend a little time with them. Their dark, risky edge brings something pretty different to the Dominion universe, but that doesn't make them bad or not fun. My whole concept was to make Curses fun after all!

Resurgance by LibraryAdventuer:
Making a fan expansion (or at least calling your bunch of fan cards a fan expansion) seems the thing to do these days for people who like to make fan cards.  So here's my fan expansion, in its current condition.
  Flavor themes: Restoration and Inheritance. This is to come in the story timeline next after Dark Ages.
  Mechanic themes: durations and mixed-type victory cards along with a bit of a treasure chest of other expansion mechanics.

Roots & Renewal + Co0kiel0rd’s Other Cards
Roots and Renewal has been around for over one and a half years now and although I haven’t posted any news in a while, I’ve constantly developed, tested, reworked, fine-tuned and scratched cards for this set. A huge thanks goes to Asper for countless fun and interesting test games and plenty of feedback. Also thanks to Fragasnap and LastFootnote for their help and everybody else on the forum for commenting.

Roots and Renewal is still some ways afar from being finished so it’s time I cleaned up this thread, rid it of outdated images and uploaded updated versions as well as some new cards. Just to remind everyone, the set’s themes are still the following:

• Interaction with the Supply
  • Manipulation of the opening turns
  • Powerful and unusual reactions
Rating: 8/10

ShadowLancer's Cards:
Hey guys! For my first forum post, here are a bunch of card ideas I came up with. I haven’t really playtested any of them, so they might be terribly imbalanced. Tell me what you guys think!

Strive & Reward by DBnator
This is my first try at making a fan-expansion and I'm not that experienced with Dominion yet, so any kind of feedback is appreciated a lot. :)
My goal was to focus on gaining/discarding/trashing Treasure cards and creating interesting interactions and tactics.
Progress: Complete

ThetaSigma12’s Other Cards
These are my other cards, many based on cards from other’s expansions. I will refrain from raiting them myself.

Warlords & Wizards by 461.weavile
The primary goal I had when beginning this expansion was to make the Potion games more fun. They seemed to not be worth it, especially with very few cards that cost a potion in a Kingdom. So there are a few new cards that cost potion, a way to avoid buying Potions sometimes, ways to use the Potion for something after you buy what you need, and Events that cost potion. [Note: Cut for length, click the quote to read the rest]

Other Cards:
I won’t rate these as a whole, and I can always add more.

-Thanks to Asper, Co0kiel0rd, LastFootnote, GeneralRamos, and Herw for their templates!
-Thanks to Thanar for helping me find some of the artist's names!
-Thanks to LibraryAdventurer for giving me some pointers!
-Thanks to Donald X. for some wording tips, and for dominion in general.
-Thanks to all the creators!
-Shoutout to Nflicker and McGanacle for their support!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:10:16 pm by ThetaSigma12 »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 07:07:20 am »
+6

Weekly Cards!

Sea Shanty is an interesting Village variant NoMoreFun made for a hypothetical 2nd edition of Seaside.

Exotic Traders gives you a , but both cards miss the shuffle. On some boards it's on the weaker end, but can get insane with good trashing and plenty of good s.

Maid is a very interesting Oasis variant. She cleans your hand up, *poof* that Curse is a Copper! Possibly good enough to cost , but her unreliability with your discard pile can be a big drawback, and she will never make any progress through your deck.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:45:46 am by ThetaSigma12 »

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 08:41:49 am »
+2

Arsenal was by far my favorite, so it's fitting to be at the top of the list. I bumped the cost to because it seems too much better than Expedition at .
Huh? How can you directly compare an Event with a terminal Reserve card?
Arsenal was by the way fine at 2. The problem with Reserve terminal draw is that you virtually always wanna call them immediately so they are only very slightly better than duration terminal draws. And duration terminal draws are probably roughly equal in strength to ordinary terminal draw ... and +2 Cards is really not all that strong.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 08:47:28 am »
+1

Expedition costs and gives you +2 Cards next turn. This costs and when you play it it gives +2 Cards next turn. On second thought it does seem week for and might be better at . But then is it too good for ?

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 09:10:41 am »
+3

Expedition is a terminal Event, i.e. you need to spend a buy for it. Arsenal is a normal terminal card which you can play several times. You can hardly directly compare them.

+2 Cards is weaker than Moat so it is weaker than a 2$ (which doesn't really mean much). As Duration or Reserve card Aresenal could be slightly better in some circumstances but this hardly justifies a price increase to 3$. I cannot imagine buying Arsenal over Oracle in many Kingdoms.

Nflickner

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 11:25:04 am »
+2

I agree with Tristan's thoughts about Arsenal.  I think 2 is a fine cost for it.  I'm not sure what I think about your changes to Contest.  I think I might like the old version better. 

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 11:36:50 am »
+2

I agree with Tristan's thoughts about Arsenal.  I think 2 is a fine cost for it.  I'm not sure what I think about your changes to Contest.  I think I might like the old version better. 
Expedition is a terminal Event, i.e. you need to spend a buy for it. Arsenal is a normal terminal card which you can play several times. You can hardly directly compare them.

+2 Cards is weaker than Moat so it is weaker than a 2$ (which doesn't really mean much). As Duration or Reserve card Aresenal could be slightly better in some circumstances but this hardly justifies a price increase to 3$. I cannot imagine buying Arsenal over Oracle in many Kingdoms.
Okay I'll redo Aresnal at . I don't fully agree with your logic, but the end result seems fine.

As for contest, I'll post a different version identical to the original.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 12:10:42 pm »
+2

Auto-Destruct-Sequence's Cards! Please see the OP!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:04:05 pm by ThetaSigma12 »

Nflickner

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 12:38:47 pm »
+1

Thanks!  The cards look great!  If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, it will be easier to keep track of the different sets if you put all the cards from one set in one post, label it as the redone set, and then edit it if you need to change anything, that way we can keep track of which set is which.  Thanks :)

Nflickner

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 12:41:52 pm »
+1

Hmm, looking at Mad scientist, I like the concept, but not a big fan of the name or art for the card.  I know you're reusing the old one.  I think I would prefer it if it was renamed (I don't know--Deranged Serf or something :) and made with new art.  The mad scientist art doesn't feel like it fits either medieval or roman theme very well.  Oh and by the way, I think your art pics are great, I hope you don't feel I was being too critical.  I find your art choices to be excellent, Reimburse and Contest are great examples of amazing art redoes. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:43:17 pm by Nflickner »

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 01:14:03 pm »
+1

Hmm, looking at Mad scientist, I like the concept, but not a big fan of the name or art for the card.  I know you're reusing the old one.  I think I would prefer it if it was renamed (I don't know--Deranged Serf or something :) and made with new art.  The mad scientist art doesn't feel like it fits either medieval or roman theme very well.  Oh and by the way, I think your art pics are great, I hope you don't feel I was being too critical.  I find your art choices to be excellent, Reimburse and Contest are great examples of amazing art redoes.
I'll do an alternate version.

Nflickner

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 01:34:33 pm »
+1

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 03:13:08 pm »
+1

I really like the munitions art. Awesome stuff, man!
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 03:20:02 pm »

I really like the munitions art. Awesome stuff, man!
Don't thank me, thank Candra. Fun fact: The section is simply a zoomed in version of a larger picture. On the other cropped half of the picture is Bladesmith, from my Civilization.

Nflickner

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 03:26:45 pm »
+1

Thanks!

Nflickner

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 03:37:39 pm »
+1

I don't understand how Petitioner is not supremely overpowered as is.  Shouldn't it at least cost 6?  Discarding victory cards does not seem like that big of a drawback. 

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 03:51:42 pm »

I don't understand how Petitioner is not supremely overpowered as is.  Shouldn't it at least cost 6?  Discarding victory cards does not seem like that big of a drawback.
Oops, old version.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1363
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 02:23:16 pm »
+4

I don't know why this needs "if this is on your tavern mat" on it? You can't call it unless it's on your tavern mat; it's just extra unnecessary wording.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ShadowLancer

• Pawn
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 08:54:20 pm »
+1

I love it! Pretty much all the changes you made (card names, art, wording, prices) were super great improvements.

Now I realize I was probably overvaluing Disassemble (originally priced at $5) just because you can trash an estate and get $3 early on. Later on, it becomes not-so-great, so I think the $3 price is good.

I also like the old version of Contest better. I wonder if it would work even better as a landmark? Something like "Once per game, when you have at least $12 available, you may gain a prize from the prize pile." It feels much cleaner than paying a bunch of money and getting it back instantly.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 03:35:59 pm »

I love it! Pretty much all the changes you made (card names, art, wording, prices) were super great improvements.

Now I realize I was probably overvaluing Disassemble (originally priced at $5) just because you can trash an estate and get $3 early on. Later on, it becomes not-so-great, so I think the $3 price is good.

I also like the old version of Contest better. I wonder if it would work even better as a landmark? Something like "Once per game, when you have at least $12 available, you may gain a prize from the prize pile." It feels much cleaner than paying a bunch of money and getting it back instantly.
Contest is fine as an Event. I'll put dissasemble at 3 too.

Nflickner

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 05:49:26 pm »
+1

Prison and Reimburse got swanky new art, Petitioner got balanced and Merchant got a renam (dealer).

Looking good.  What sets are Prison and Reimburse from?

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 09:56:46 pm »

Prison and Reimburse got swanky new art, Petitioner got balanced and Merchant got a renam (dealer).

Looking good.  What sets are Prison and Reimburse from?
Shadow Lancers.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1664
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 09:30:37 pm »
+2

@ThetaSigma12 Do you actually print the cards with the artwork in color? Doesn't that get expensive? If not, how do you do it? /What do you use?

When I use fan cards, I don't print the art at all*, mainly because printing the usual way in color would get expensive and most of the art wouldn't look right in black & white. Also, it's a lot less trouble just to put the text in card-shaped boxes in Word and print that way, but I'd like to get my expansion printed using the mock-ups at some point (when the cards are more final).
*My mock-ups for Resurgence are mainly there to hopefully make it more likely that people will look at, use, & give feedback for my cards.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.