Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 127329 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2015, 02:49:06 pm »

Uh more later, I thought I had more time than I actually do.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2015, 02:50:48 pm »

My vote on you is no longer random, for example.
this kind of justifying a previous rvs, I don't like.

Again, PPE

I concur; I've actually only ever seen  scum do this, I think.

Really ? It seems pretty normal to me : you RVS someone, then you get a real (thgouh weak because early, but still) reason that would push you to vote so you just say that... why would scum even want to do this particularly ?
obviously there is also a town narrative, I wasn't claiming otherwise. But I can totally see scum feeling like they have to justify an rvs, or planning an rvs on someone they can easily 'find scummy'

It's weird that you think that's a justification.

It's much weirder that Wither agreed with you and strengthened it to "something only scum do" especially without actually voting for me.

Vote: Witherweaver

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2015, 02:52:12 pm »

Again, PPE

Really ? It seems pretty normal to me : you RVS someone, then you get a real (thgouh weak because early, but still) reason that would push you to vote so you just say that... why would scum even want to do this particularly ?
obviously there is also a town narrative, I wasn't claiming otherwise. But I can totally see scum feeling like they have to justify an rvs, or planning an rvs on someone they can easily 'find scummy'

It's much weirder that Wither agreed with you and strengthened it to "something only scum do" especially without actually voting for me.

Vote: Witherweaver

You know nothing, UmbrageOfSnow.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2015, 03:29:17 pm »

This looks like a job for the Cutie Mark Crusaders!

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2015, 03:31:00 pm »

Again, PPE

maybe justification is the wrong word. I can easily see scum rvs'ing and then later changing it to a real vote because "oh he's actually pretty scummy".  Town can change their minds too, but to explicitly point out for our benefit that your vote is now, in fact, a real vote is something I see as scummy.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2015, 03:40:43 pm »

Dunno, seems pretty normal to me.

I have to re-read Flavourless's D1, where Seprix went under heavy suspicion as scum, and compare to what's going on right now. I don't think I want to lynch Umbrage either way though. Sensible players are good for town whether they are town or scum, IMHO (if they are scum, they tend to dig their own grave).

Anyway, keeping my vote on Seprix for the time being.

I would like to hear more from chairs!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2015, 03:42:40 pm »

Oh, and silverspawn, my username is still misspelled in the last vote count and in the player list in the first post. Not like I really mind, but since you said you fixed it, I want to make sure that you actually know how my username is spelled :P.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2015, 03:47:03 pm »

also Joseph you won't be mislynched this game! wooo.
I haven't been mislynched early for a couple of games.

Oh, and I meant to also say: This should be an end to all setup talk.

Beyond knowing for sure that there is a mafia roleblocker and an at-least-1-shot strongman we have nothing else to gain.  So back to regularly scheduled RVS which should hopefully become a lot less random soon with these two lovely wagons.
Vote: UmbrageOfSnow, because RVs is not that fun. Also, because we haven't played together before-welcome!

Pardon me if I am a bit worried. I have 4 people voting for me

That's convenient, I was about to ask how many votes you have, but it seems like I don't have to do that now.

Vote: Seprix
Someone want to hammer this? Joking of course. Although I'm innocent, so don't lynch me.

Again, PPE

Yh, doesn't seem super-scummy.

Vote: Seprix

Gotta protect my good buddy Liam, I've actually played with him before I think.  More importantly, that flavor was lovely, stop whining about it and give us a kiss Seprix sweetums.

Now, time for setup talk: there's one important thing we know for sure now, scum is a Godfather, a Roleblocker, and either a Strongman or a 1-shot Strongman.  So keeping this in mind, claiming or trying to narrow down other setup options in any way is a bad idea.  We have nothing else to learn beyond whether the Strongman is 1-shot or not, which hardly matters, either way we don't want to rely on any schemes involving a doctor claiming who they are protecting, and scum has quite a bit worth learning.

We might want to consider a mason/non-mason claim or other things like that later on IFF we've got a suspected fakeclaim, but it's too easy for scum to dodge and exploit in general I think.  Claiming schemes are unlikely to work here.

Doesn't everyone have a pony they can claim as their own though?

And Silverspawn is a total fanfiction writer, so it makes sense he'd show off his Rule 34 stuff.

PPE: 1

Oh, and I meant to also say: This should be an end to all setup talk.

Beyond knowing for sure that there is a mafia roleblocker and an at-least-1-shot strongman we have nothing else to gain.  So back to regularly scheduled RVS which should hopefully become a lot less random soon with these two lovely wagons.

Wait, town advocating openly to not talk about set up?

vote: Professor Umbridge

Maybe this is a stretch, but I see no reason to not talk about set-up, even if it is obvious.

This setup is pretty unbreakable, and he's just pointing that out. I see nothing suspicious about that.
I agree, especially as ss had 3 setups to choose from, so if one of them was reasonably easily breakable, I don't think he'd have chosen that one.

Again, PPE

maybe justification is the wrong word. I can easily see scum rvs'ing and then later changing it to a real vote because "oh he's actually pretty scummy".  Town can change their minds too, but to explicitly point out for our benefit that your vote is now, in fact, a real vote is something I see as scummy.
I guess, seems a tad unlikely though.

PPE:2
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2015, 03:50:08 pm »

Oh, and silverspawn, my username is still misspelled in the last vote count and in the player list in the first post. Not like I really mind, but since you said you fixed it, I want to make sure that you actually know how my username is spelled :P.

ah... there are so many ways your name can be misspelled!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2015, 05:15:59 pm »

I think I like vote: skip wooznum at the moment.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2015, 05:16:37 pm »

Why? He doesn't seem particularly scummy or townie to me right now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2015, 05:23:23 pm »

Does anyone seem particularly scummy or townie to you right now?

ADK, you can still answer his question, though.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2015, 06:19:30 pm »

He does seem somewhat scummy to me right now.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2015, 06:22:32 pm »

He does seem somewhat scummy to me right now.

Anything specific, or in general?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2015, 06:25:16 pm »

[snip]

Posts like this read as somewhat hedgey/cautious to me. He's pushing a case, but not strongly, and his basis for his case is relatively safe while being something he could later back off on. Basically, he looks like he's making an effort to be active and helpful without really making any waves.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2015, 06:33:28 pm »

[snip]

Posts like this read as somewhat hedgey/cautious to me. He's pushing a case, but not strongly, and his basis for his case is relatively safe while being something he could later back off on. Basically, he looks like he's making an effort to be active and helpful without really making any waves.
well, my original post calling UoS out was one line, I didn't think it was damning evidence at the time, and still don't. Then teproc questioned it so I felt I should explain myself in greater length. I wasnt going to push a lynch based on this, it's just nobody even pointed it out. I wouldn't say that post you quoted was hedgey, so much as it was my actual opinion

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2015, 06:41:29 pm »

vote: chairs

So what's this vote about then? Why are you voting for chairs?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2015, 06:47:10 pm »

Well..... rvs

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »

Do you have any non-RVS opinions at the moment?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2015, 06:50:55 pm »

ADK has smelled blood!

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2015, 06:56:40 pm »

Do you have any non-RVS opinions at the moment?
seprix is slight town for forgetting whom he voted, I don't think that was faked but even if its genuine it doesn't prove anything.
UoS is slight scum for my previously stated reason.
Adk is slight town for pushing me when nobody previously did. Maybe I flatter myself but I don't think I was an ideal choice for a scum mislynch at that point
Teproc is slight scum for not scumhunting harder. He has a reputation as a great town player in I seem to remember seeing him getting more involved this early

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2015, 07:02:25 pm »

Teproc is slight scum for not scumhunting harder. He has a reputation as a great town player in I seem to remember seeing him getting more involved this early

It's 1AM on a friday morning in the country of the gallic rooster. We'll allow it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2015, 07:04:15 pm »

Adk is slight town for pushing me when nobody previously did. Maybe I flatter myself but I don't think I was an ideal choice for a scum mislynch at that point

Flattery eh? You should know I have a general policy of being suspicious of people who claim to find my towny.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2015, 07:05:25 pm »

Flattery eh? You should know I have a general policy of being suspicious of people who claim to find my towny.
who says I didn't

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2015, 07:15:06 pm »

It's 1AM on a friday morning in the country of the gallic rooster. We'll allow it.
he was here earlier but seemed more interested in baguettes
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.