Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 196753 times)

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #900 on: July 12, 2015, 10:53:04 am »

So, uhm, it was shitty couple of days irl. At least I'm at hospital now and when fever will be subdued I'll be able to contribute. Stay tuned

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 12, 2015, 02:12:03 pm »

Vote: TwistedArcher

He makes a point to not change his vote, keeping the vote random.  If e and XP are both town, scum!TA doesn't really care which one of them is getting lynched.  He comments that he thinks XP is lying, but he keeps his vote on e.

Even if he's hung up on e, he could have made this non-random and chose not to.  I don't think town!TA would choose to let a role he thinks is lying and really an anti-town 3rd party live with a 50% chance because he's tunnelling.

And he doesn't think so either, because after EFHW hammers, he feels the need to chime in that he would have done so and that she's right.

He seems way too apathetic about letting the lynching of a non-town role come down to chance when he comes in, and then it looks like he doesn't want to be seen as willing to let it come down to chance after the fact.

So your entire case hinges around that I didn't change my vote? How can you possibly know I wasn't going to?

I was on and actively refreshing the thread. Efhw hammered a few moments before deadline. If she didn't I would have but I have every incentive to wait until the absolute last minute.

Your entire case also depends on e being town, which we don't even know to be true!

I would have hammered xp, I don't trust that third parties are ever pro town. You have no reason to think that I chose not to except that it fits your narrative which is based on assumptions we don't know and you can't prove (e is town, I would have never changed my vote)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 12, 2015, 02:14:25 pm »

I'm curious at all the people giving e town cred when yesterday's actions did nothing to make him townier. It didn't necessarily make him scummier but it definitely did not make him townier. FoS to people assuming his towniness as a given. I don't think coming out the gates voting him is scummy at all.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 12, 2015, 07:46:07 pm »

Vote Count 2.3:

2.7 (4): gkrieg13, EFHW, hockeysemlan, silverspawn
TwistedArcher (3):  UmbrageOfSnow, 2.7, Seprix

Not Voting (8): chairs, WW, IG, Ghacob, Hydrad, EgorK, TA, mail-mi

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on July 17 at 9:00 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 12, 2015, 08:06:04 pm »

I like Vote: EFHW the best.

Also, Silverspawn: what was the problem with my Seprix vote?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 12, 2015, 09:14:06 pm »

Interesting.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 12, 2015, 09:17:22 pm »

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 12, 2015, 09:25:24 pm »

Interesting.
I have been summoned.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 12, 2015, 09:46:04 pm »

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 12, 2015, 11:27:20 pm »

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 12, 2015, 11:28:13 pm »

I've had a really busy weekend, but I'll be able to spend more time on this in the coming week.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 13, 2015, 12:03:51 pm »

Sorry, super busy and stuff. We can't let this game fall behind though.

Right now I think TA is super scummy. His defense is very one dimensional and ignored why I find him scummy from D1. Also, if "UoS's case depends on me being town" you imply that you think I am scum, but won't vote for me because you will just look worse tomorrow after my flip
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 13, 2015, 12:05:33 pm »

Basically, implying that I am scum but not voting for me just because of appearances is scummy.

If you actually think there is a case for me being scum, let me hear it. But you don't, because scum!TA knows I am town
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 13, 2015, 12:06:52 pm »

Also. Hi mail-mi. Have you reread what you missed?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 13, 2015, 12:11:52 pm »

Also. Hi mail-mi. Have you reread what you missed?

I will do that soon.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 13, 2015, 12:26:57 pm »

Sorry, super busy and stuff. We can't let this game fall behind though.

Right now I think TA is super scummy. His defense is very one dimensional and ignored why I find him scummy from D1. Also, if "UoS's case depends on me being town" you imply that you think I am scum, but won't vote for me because you will just look worse tomorrow after my flip

I responded to the post i quoted. your case continues to be "i decided TA is scum, so let's point out every action of his as scummy whether thinking its scummy or not". you are super scummy.

still i don't love how the day is devolving into me v. you. there are a lot of people saying/doing nothing nothing, and we are not that far from deadline. if i'm wrong about you and you're town, this is exactly how i'd expect this day to unfold once the wagons build. the fact that there are like 10 players no one is looking at is bad.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 13, 2015, 12:43:39 pm »

your case continues to be "i decided TA is scum, so let's point out every action of his as scummy whether thinking its scummy or not". you are super scummy.

This is basically your case on e though.

And yeah, posting begets posting, and lurking begets lurking.  There's not a lot to go on, so people are posting less, so other people post even less.

Which lurkers are you most nervous about?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 13, 2015, 12:56:22 pm »

your case continues to be "i decided TA is scum, so let's point out every action of his as scummy whether thinking its scummy or not". you are super scummy.

And yeah, posting begets posting, and lurking begets lurking.  There's not a lot to go on, so people are posting less, so other people post even less.

Agreed. I'll put together a read list later today, when I'm at a computer and that might start some conversation.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 13, 2015, 12:56:51 pm »

That quote was just meant to be the lurking begets lurking.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 13, 2015, 05:16:05 pm »

This is my current reads list.  Some are gut reads, some are reads from stuff in the game.  Most of this is just off the top of my head and from moments that I remember in the game.  This is my first one that I've ever done so here goes:

EFHW: Seems town to me.  The only incriminating thing that I can remember is that she switched off the e wagon to lynch XP, but I believe that she had a good reason to switch and that she didn't want 3rd parties around later in the game so I don't find this very incriminating.

hockeysemlan:slightly towny.  I don't have anything to go off of for this one.  Just my gut.

silverspawn:  slightly towny.  This is mainly just a gut read.  (thanks for answering many of my questions!)

UmbrageOfSnow: slightly scummy.  There is the whole argument with Faust on page 12.  I don't want this to take up the entire conversation today because I think there are other people that need to talk other than TA and UoS.  He was also on Faust's original want to lynch list with e.  (548)

2.7: null.  Partly because of faust's reads on him, which I understand can be framing.  One reason I don't think he is scum is that scum would not have wanted it to come down to a coin flip and with how the end of the day panned out, I feel like the two candidates were town, or else all of the scum team was on XP. (This read might be from inexperience).  So basically I'm confused on him.

Seprix:  null.  I believe that he overreacted on day 1 when his wagon became the plurality wagon, but he has seemed townier to me since.  I think this could go either way, but would be fine if we lynched him as well.  This might also be personal reasons just because he was the first one to vote for me  :P

chairs: town, I believe his town slip was genuine, especially after seeing XP's role say survivor-aligned.  Maybe not the most solid thing, but I have a general town read on him.

WW:  scummy.  The timing of jumping on the XP train seems scummy to me.  Weird coordination of votes.

IG: slightly scummy.  Has been super lurky and seems to just sheep people.  That might just be because he is busy though.  He also switches his vote from Seprix to WW and then unvotes.  This looks to me like it was just a clever way to get off of the Seprix wagon and wait for another big wagon to appear that wasn't scum.

Ghacob: null.  The timing of his jumping on the XP wagon seems scummy to me, I think he had already voted XP earlier in the day so this makes sense. 

Hydrad: slightly scummy.  Nothing really sticks out except that he hammered XP.

EgorK: null.  Says that the Seprix wagon is moving too smoothly for his liking (557).  Has been lurky, but I understand that this is a sickness problem IRL so I'll not count the lurkiness.  get well soon!  :D

TA:null.  I originally gave him town cred for the long post analyzing the game, but the towniness has now washed away with all of the arguments.  Seems very defensive.  He gains it back a little bit because he wants everyone to focus on some of the lurkers instead of just him and UoS.  Which I agree we need to do.  He also makes a list of lynches in 489 where he says he won't lynch XP or Faust.

mail-mi:null.  Has been V/LA but we definitely need to hear more from him before we make any decisions.  I don't feel like he has contributed much to the game.

After doing all of this
vote: WW

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 13, 2015, 05:19:14 pm »

Hmm, I disagree with the first part, but I guess that's just a matter of perspective. His actions make me think he's scummy but honestly the way the day is unfolding makes me more hesitant about it.

I'm most nervous about the lurkers who game into and placed a vote on E and myself (doesn't matter which), or had support for one case or the other without any effort to go anywhere else. Also Chairs for coming in and saying "Interesting" without making a move to force the discussion anywhere else.

I don't have a handle on probably half the people playing the game, and I'm worried that if we lynch me or E and we're town, another active town player dies tonight, and we're left with 2/3 of the town lurking. Both your and E actions have made me think it's likelier than D1 you're town (mostly because I think your cases on me are awful, but it's a town trait), and I'd honestly rather lynch Ghacob/Mail-mi/Ichi/EgorK/Hydrad/Hockey/Gkrieg. Thats just the people off the top of my head, WW and EFHW have been lurkier too.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 13, 2015, 05:20:11 pm »

Thanks for pointing out Hydrad hammered, I had remembered it as EFHW but you are correct

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 13, 2015, 05:22:10 pm »

IG: slightly scummy.  Has been super lurky and seems to just sheep people.  That might just be because he is busy though.  He also switches his vote from Seprix to WW and then unvotes.  This looks to me like it was just a clever way to get off of the Seprix wagon and wait for another big wagon to appear that wasn't scum.
Yeah. I have been super busy lately. Actually, as soon as my current games are completed, I probably won't be in Mafia for a while. Just don't have time like I used to. I really like to be high activity when I play, but that just hasn't been in the cards for me lately.

The thing with WW is just a trope of my play where I (used to) OMGUS people all the time and vote them just because they found me scummy. You're right that I didn't go back to Seprix afterwards, so I could see how it could be interpreted the way you did. Just wanted to explain the history behind it.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 13, 2015, 05:26:55 pm »

Yeah. I have been super busy lately. Actually, as soon as my current games are completed, I probably won't be in Mafia for a while. Just don't have time like I used to. I really like to be high activity when I play, but that just hasn't been in the cards for me lately.

The thing with WW is just a trope of my play where I (used to) OMGUS people all the time and vote them just because they found me scummy. You're right that I didn't go back to Seprix afterwards, so I could see how it could be interpreted the way you did. Just wanted to explain the history behind it.

Anything to say about the game?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 13, 2015, 05:32:04 pm »

I'd honestly rather lynch Ghacob/Mail-mi/Ichi/EgorK/Hydrad/Hockey/Gkrieg. Thats just the people off the top of my head, WW and EFHW have been lurkier too.

Of that list, I don't want to lynch EFHW, WW, Hockey or Gkrieg today.  The other 5 I'd be just fine with.

Oh, and the reason it seems like EFHW hammered is because she was the decisive vote.  Hydrad hammered, but it wasn't necessary.  EFHW is the one who actually took an action that had an impact on how the lynch played out.  Which is like how a hammer works under the normal voting system.

Pretty sure we don't have 5+ scum, so it'd be nice if town could step it up a bit.  You'll make scum look worse in comparison if you do guys!  Isn't winning more fun than lurking?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 16 queries.