Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 196951 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: July 07, 2015, 03:10:46 pm »

And TA just realized how scummy his seprix vote was
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 07, 2015, 03:11:26 pm »

This last series of posts makes me feel townier on Seprix. I don't feel really good about this wagon. Can we lynch e instead? That would be great. I thought it was common knowledge by now that everyone should sheep me D1 :P

Which posts and why?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 07, 2015, 03:12:21 pm »

Not really feeling the push for the e lynch.

Off the top of my head:
Scummy: xp
50/50: TA, silverspawn, seprix, hockey, hydrad, faust
Townie: gkrieg, chairs, UoS
Null: witherweaver, efhw, mail-mi, ichi, ghacob, egork

whats the difference between 50/50 and null?

50/50 people have more stuff I renege than null people. Like you. I had a town read on you, but then your most recent posts have not felt right. Like "switching to where your vote is useful" then going full hedge just now. Which makes me think scum. But I had that town read. So I am more conflicted about you.

Not as conflicted about some of the others (silverspawn being silverspawn. Flip a coin) but just more stuff is out about them and I don't know.

PPE: null is no read. 50/50 I have thought about and don't know. More likely to vote in the 50/50 section than the null

gee my recent stuff is scummy? no wonder, a lot of it is calling you out as scummy!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 07, 2015, 03:13:34 pm »

my head says e, my gut says seprix (but both say uos) i don't know which one i should trust more.

vote: 2.7
[/quote]

Then why are you not voting UoS? This makes no sense unless you are trying to just go with the popular wagon. Which is scummy

Vote: TA
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 07, 2015, 03:15:42 pm »

my head says e, my gut says seprix (but both say uos) i don't know which one i should trust more.

vote: 2.7

Then why are you not voting UoS? This makes no sense unless you are trying to just go with the popular wagon. Which is scummy

[/quote]

dude you're reaching. i'd love to lynch UoS but it's clearly not going to happen. i'm fine tabling until tomorrow.

every post you make is making me want to lynch you more and more.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 07, 2015, 03:16:28 pm »

Quote fail. But seriously. TA is voting me. Awesome. Good for him. Switched to the "useful" wagon. Realizes it was a bad idea, then switches back to me.

Scummy. I would call it scummy of he was switching back and forth like that on anyone

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 07, 2015, 03:16:33 pm »

vote: 2.7 cuz of quote fail

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 07, 2015, 03:16:40 pm »

Why do people want to lynch UoS?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 07, 2015, 03:18:10 pm »

#287 UoS votes Faust for pushing PR/VT discussion. Second time he's voted for setup stuff. Seems to be scumhunting based on setup, not on reads. NOTE to self -- lookback and see where he's had actual reads.

My quick scan of all of UoS' posts is definitely enough for a Vote: UoS . All of his gameplay has been centered around roles and setups (not talking about them explicitly, but rather voting and suspecting the people (XP, Faust) who have driven discussion in that direction). These read as more policy positions than actual reads though. He's been able to skate by D1 based solely on driving XP and Faust, rather than commenting on the actual gameplay-driven wagons (Seprix, Gkrieg come to mind, maybe others?) He's definitely not participating in any parts of the game that require him to put down opinions and I think is playing a very background game in terms of actually working towards a correct lynch based on gameplay, even while maintaining high activity levels.

(Also, XP over Gkrieg is probably clear, given his past suspicion).

I know this might not be a feasible lynch and I'm definitely going to move my vote elsewhere if it's not going to happen today, but I'm interested in what others have to say. It looks like he's gotten mostly town reads thus far.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 07, 2015, 03:18:53 pm »

And TA just realized how scummy his seprix vote was

I think his switch just now is scummier.  I mean, I think you are scummy, so I'm glad to see him on the wagon from that standpoint, but if he's town and thinks Seprix is scum, why get off that wagon, which looks likely to go to lynch?  Him and chairs - making strange wagon switches.  It could mean they are partners with him, or it could mean they know he is town and don't want to be caught on the wagon (or some other weird role-related reason, I guess).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 07, 2015, 03:19:15 pm »

And

PPEs

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 07, 2015, 03:22:53 pm »

you're all being super ridiculous.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 07, 2015, 03:23:11 pm »

Could we also have two groups of scum?  That could be a reason to switch between a few different people as scum.  Maybe you think that one of them is on the other scum team but don't know which? 

PPE:1

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 07, 2015, 03:24:31 pm »

Who else besides TA and faust wants to lynch him?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 07, 2015, 03:24:50 pm »

Could we also have two groups of scum?  That could be a reason to switch between a few different people as scum.  Maybe you think that one of them is on the other scum team but don't know which? 

PPE:1

Um... I'm not sure what you're trying to deduce from this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: July 07, 2015, 03:25:20 pm »

I don't know, it seems like it has come up a number of times. 

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 07, 2015, 03:26:54 pm »

I don't know, it seems like it has come up a number of times.

it hasn't.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 07, 2015, 03:31:11 pm »

you know what's scummy? picking a wagon and sticking with it because that's your 'artificial' point of view and you're going to stick with it. scum decides where they want to stand on an issue and stands there for consistency.

you know what's not scummy? changing your mind on an issue where you're close between the two candidates and you were mistaken on the feasibility of one target. when faust corrected me i changed back.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 07, 2015, 03:32:26 pm »

I was really just trying to think of all the possibilities.  People switching their votes from the main wagon without an explanation at this point seems scummy to me.  I don't have the experience to develop the thought completely so I was hoping someone could take it and explain it better.  Maybe this post just made it even more confusing.

I'll try this. 

Imagine TA is scum.  He thinks that Seprix and e are 1 town / 1 other scum team.  He isn't sure so he rereads the day and realizes that he may be lynching a mafia from the other team of mafia. 

Or does eliminating the other team of mafia make it easier for the one team?

Does that make any more sense?

PPE:2

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 07, 2015, 03:33:01 pm »

Okay, reading UoS, your case against him isn't as unfair as I originally thought.

PPE: Faust didn't say anything to "correct" you, he just said "go back to e" and you did.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 07, 2015, 03:33:37 pm »

Not sure how long I'll be around tomorrow and I want my vote somewhere useful. vote: seprix

Hey, hey, your vote was very useful on e!

Really, this is a bit weird. e was like the second biggest wagon. Why do you think your vote isn't useful there?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:39 pm »

I was really just trying to think of all the possibilities.  People switching their votes from the main wagon without an explanation at this point seems scummy to me.  I don't have the experience to develop the thought completely so I was hoping someone could take it and explain it better.  Maybe this post just made it even more confusing.

I'll try this. 

Imagine TA is scum.  He thinks that Seprix and e are 1 town / 1 other scum team.  He isn't sure so he rereads the day and realizes that he may be lynching a mafia from the other team of mafia. 

Mafia lynching a separate Mafia team is good, because it gives them town cred, especially for as long as we don't know there is more than one team.  But what would be different from town!TA in your scenario?  He would also want to hit scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:55 pm »

Not sure how long I'll be around tomorrow and I want my vote somewhere useful. vote: seprix

Really, this is a bit weird. e was like the second biggest wagon. Why do you think your vote isn't useful there?

Okay, I missed the second part.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:58 pm »

it feels like you're just trying to find stuff that makes me scummy rather than seeing if my actions are actually towny or scummy

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 07, 2015, 03:36:43 pm »

I'll try this. 

I mean sure i suppose that's feasible. but how is that different than a town member trying to decide between one town and one scum? not that i think this is a one town/one scum scenario or anything. i'm fine with either.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 20 queries.