Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 196947 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2015, 02:26:43 pm »

*was

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 04, 2015, 03:14:03 pm »

I'm with UoS on this one and it's good enough for an early day 1 vote: Faust
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 04, 2015, 03:37:35 pm »

I'm with UoS on this one and it's good enough for an early day 1 vote: Faust

So you too think I should have risked someone getting modkilled?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 04, 2015, 04:18:37 pm »

I think Xerxes is townier now. e has left a scummy impression on me though.

Can you elaborate on either/both of these thoughts?  Is there more than just they are probably on  different sides given the pressure e is putting on XP?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2015, 04:20:26 pm »

Can you elaborate on either/both of these thoughts?  Is there more than just they are probably on  different sides given the pressure e is putting on XP?

Xerxes feels towny, I don't know why, call it gut read. I don't like e's case on Xerxes; it looks like a fake case.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2015, 04:28:28 pm »

Someone asked earlier why I see XP's comment as role-fishing more than bread-crumbing - it's for two reasons 1) bread-crumbing like that at that point as town would be a really bad move and 2) the effect of comments like that is that discussion starts about PR's, which is what happened.

PPE: faust

if you can figure out what triggers your gut-read then we would have something to think about. "Gut-read" is often something scum says to avoid giving explanations.  On the other hand, I have had gut reads that were right, but not being able to explain them made me unable to convince others.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 04, 2015, 04:32:57 pm »

Xerxes feels towny, I don't know why, call it gut read. I don't like e's case on Xerxes; it looks like a fake case.

It is not fake.  It is D1
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2015, 04:33:34 pm »

This hasn't felt like a big game yet - hopefully after the holiday we will hear from our quieter players. It's great that we have a bunch of active players, but it can have the effect of the talkers both carrying the game and being the ones lynched, and the absence of the others isn't noticed b/c so many people are talking.  Makes it nice and easy to hide as scum, at least at the beginning.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 04, 2015, 04:38:55 pm »

if you can figure out what triggers your gut-read then we would have something to think about. "Gut-read" is often something scum says to avoid giving explanations.  On the other hand, I have had gut reads that were right, but not being able to explain them made me unable to convince others.

Well, he has a point about Dice Mafia. He also claimed early there. And while claiming early is often anti-town, it rarely comes from scum. As to rolefishing - that's something people always accuse each other of, but I think I have yet to see a single case where something like that was really posted with the intention of making town players give away stuff about their roles.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 04, 2015, 04:41:35 pm »

This hasn't felt like a big game yet - hopefully after the holiday we will hear from our quieter players. It's great that we have a bunch of active players, but it can have the effect of the talkers both carrying the game and being the ones lynched, and the absence of the others isn't noticed b/c so many people are talking.  Makes it nice and easy to hide as scum, at least at the beginning.

Have we someone really quiet exept Ichi though? I feel like everyone has introduced themselves fairly enough to not be lurkers per say. I can't read anyone scummy because they have been quiet, Ichi can often be gone for a while so it's not a tell on him.. It's early in D1 and we are still having a RVS-feeling to it all.

Seriously, I don't read chairs move as so very scummy, it just the best we have. I would like to have him L-1 to see what happens, but if someone else is closer I'm willing to change my vote just to push a wagon. D1 isn't my favorite-day.. 

PPEs
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 04, 2015, 04:45:16 pm »

Seriously, I don't read chairs move as so very scummy, it just the best we have. I would like to have him L-1 to see what happens, but if someone else is closer I'm willing to change my vote just to push a wagon. D1 isn't my favorite-day.. 

That's not a good attitude, you know.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 04, 2015, 05:34:10 pm »

How so? I don't say D1 isn't important. Just not so important you can judge semi-lurkers right now. Is D1 anyones favorite day?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 04, 2015, 05:45:37 pm »

How so? I don't say D1 isn't important. Just not so important you can judge semi-lurkers right now. Is D1 anyones favorite day?

I mean the "uh, I'll just jump on any wagon that pops up" attitude.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 04, 2015, 06:28:09 pm »

Stand by it. D1 that is. This big game, wagons scares noone unless they catch up to L1-big. It isn't scummy want to make it happen..

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »

Stand by it. D1 that is. This big game, wagons scares noone unless they catch up to L1-big. It isn't scummy want to make it happen..

It's scummy to not take responsibility for your votes.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2015, 06:56:20 pm »

It's scummy to not take responsibility for your votes.

Noted. Although, just saying I'm willing, if the crowd pushes someone obv!town (like grierk) I wont lay my vote there, but XP, Seprix and Chairs are all equally D1-scummy to me. Can't see why it's scummy of me to press up the heat on the options we're seeming to have today?

Look  It's merely D1-frustration from my part, I haven't noted anything interesting yet (except UoS comment about the empire but thats _TOTALLY_ OT. respect though)

Judge me for it if you want, but then people should watch you..

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 04, 2015, 07:03:04 pm »

that makes it a bit better. So then you have some restriction on who your voting for. But I do agree with faust in how thats hard for us if you would just not care who you voted at all. That means we aren't able to see if your could be townier or scummier from votes and makes it so that your not commiting on anything really. Which is generally what scum wouldn't mind if they could get away with that without being called scummy.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 04, 2015, 07:07:24 pm »

that makes it a bit better. So then you have some restriction on who your voting for. But I do agree with faust in how thats hard for us if you would just not care who you voted at all. That means we aren't able to see if your could be townier or scummier from votes and makes it so that your not commiting on anything really. Which is generally what scum wouldn't mind if they could get away with that without being called scummy.

I won't inflate my votes. Chairs was my first real one and it stays there until I have something better to go for. I just want this game to get in to the real state as soon as possible. Couldn't care less if people thinks i'm scummy because of it..

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 04, 2015, 07:28:10 pm »

if the crowd pushes someone obv!town (like grierk)

So you're not seeing newscum gkrieg?
Gender happened.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 04, 2015, 07:30:29 pm »

if the crowd pushes someone obv!town (like grierk)
please, explain to me why grierk is obv!town. I find scummier than anyone else atm.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 04, 2015, 10:23:21 pm »

Ichi can often be gone for a while so it's not a tell on him.. It's early in D1 and we are still having a RVS-feeling to it all.
Hey! I used to be one of the most active players. But yeah, lately I have very little time  :(. I should be back to about my regular level starting around the end of the month.

I'm pretty much entirely caught up now, and I agree with how faust handled things.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 04, 2015, 10:26:54 pm »

EFHW talking the sense. I feel like it's hard to get lurkers lynched these days. For multiple reasons, but I always hear "that lynch doesn't give us information"--which is often the case unfortunately.

I'll try and step things up as much as is possible for me right now.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 04, 2015, 11:50:31 pm »

I like how my name has changed 2 times already gkrieg -> gkreig -> grierk.  I would like to know why I appear scummy though.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 05, 2015, 12:00:53 am »

I like how my name has changed 2 times already gkrieg -> gkreig -> grierk.  I would like to know why I appear scummy though.

Probably your toeing the line of PR, Greek.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 05, 2015, 12:09:00 am »

Probably your toeing the line of PR, Greek.
I don't get it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.