Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42  All

Author Topic: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Mafia and Discord win)  (Read 92579 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: May 02, 2015, 11:34:10 am »

Tequila.

AMA

Really.  I'm jamming to tunes, drinking lots,  coz.
You realise this isn't a drunk mafia game?

Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 02, 2015, 01:21:06 pm »

Ok. The mod wouldn't answer my question, but I should have an updated support count soon, so I can see if e's double support counts. I'm inclined to think it will, but want to make sure.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 02, 2015, 02:28:38 pm »

Ok. e's support does count. I only need 2 more supports in order to get my power.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 02, 2015, 02:48:42 pm »

/confused - what don't I get about wincons?  Is SK considered an alignment where Survivor is not?  Can't say I realized that.  Proof again that I shouldn't post after midnight. 

I think you are clever faust, but the flavor explicitly says that Discord is a psychotic killer.  That doesn't describe survivor to me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 02, 2015, 08:58:32 pm »

vote: Joseph.  faust is aggrieved, ashersky likes to "catch" people, but Joseph just hopped on, no comments, just a vote.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 02, 2015, 09:00:05 pm »

vote: Joseph.  faust is aggrieved, ashersky likes to "catch" people, but Joseph just hopped on, no comments, just a vote.
I agreed with what faust said.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 02, 2015, 09:31:19 pm »

To be fair, I'm town and didn't remember that the PM used that language until I went back and read it.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 02, 2015, 11:25:53 pm »

I am not a fan of the case against EFHW.  I completely agree with what ADK said
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 02, 2015, 11:34:56 pm »

Also, why are we jumping on EFHW for "third faction" stuff and not getting on Joseph for the exact same thing?

I assume silverspawn deliberately omitted the third faction (assuming it exists)  from pit's PM , since adding it would give away it's a 3-faction game.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #334 on: May 03, 2015, 04:30:31 am »

To be fair, I'm town and didn't remember that the PM used that language until I went back and read it.

Same here. I think this means that ashersky has to be town, though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 03, 2015, 07:35:49 am »

Also, why are we jumping on EFHW for "third faction" stuff and not getting on Joseph for the exact same thing?

I assume silverspawn deliberately omitted the third faction (assuming it exists)  from pit's PM , since adding it would give away it's a 3-faction game.
What's wrong with this? There was no public knowledge that a third faction definitely exists, and silverspawn might not have wanted people to realise it was a 3-faction game.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 03, 2015, 08:28:48 am »

Ok. e's support does count. I only need 2 more supports in order to get my power.

I would like to announce that I don't get any support counts in my QT. Make of that what you will.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 03, 2015, 08:38:59 am »

What's wrong with this? There was no public knowledge that a third faction definitely exists, and silverspawn might not have wanted people to realise it was a 3-faction game.

2.7's point, which is valid, is that you made the same assumption as EFHW: that a third faction could exist.

It can't, based not only on the setup post, but because of how the mod specifically worded the town wincon. 

I think that EFHW chose to vote you after coming under this pressure ties you to her a bit more, too.  Definitely a possible partner.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 03, 2015, 08:47:37 am »

2.7's point, which is valid, is that you made the same assumption as EFHW: that a third faction could exist.

It can't, based not only on the setup post, but because of how the mod specifically worded the town wincon. 

I think that EFHW chose to vote you after coming under this pressure ties you to her a bit more, too.  Definitely a possible partner.
Fair enough, so there definitely isn't a third faction? I was confused by that.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 03, 2015, 10:12:09 am »

I don't know how yours is worded, but mine says that all chaos-aligned players have to be eliminated, which doesn't say anything about the existence of a third party...

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 03, 2015, 10:18:07 am »

I don't know how yours is worded, but mine says that all chaos-aligned players have to be eliminated, which doesn't say anything about the existence of a third party...
Mine does too. I only assumed third faction because other people claimed to be part of a third faction.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 03, 2015, 10:52:36 am »

Mine does too. I only assumed third faction because other people claimed to be part of a third faction.
Mine does too.

What's the deal, ashersky?
Gender happened.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 03, 2015, 11:21:26 am »

If there was a possibility of a third party that won one on its own, i.e. Serial Killer, then town's win condition would be something like "you win when all threats to town have been eliminated" or something. faust appears to have a "third party" role that wins with either town or scum, i.e. survivor (and he's already pigeonholed into winning with one or the other, he just doesn't know which one yet).
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 03, 2015, 11:33:51 am »

I don't think I paid much attention to the wincon part.  I guess ash is saying that it would have said "all threats" instead of "chaos aligned"?  This wincon could mean that town wins even if an sk is still alive, but that would be unusual.   Has silver modded before?

What is the scum wincon when there is an sk?  Control town? So could they win without killing the sk?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 03, 2015, 11:35:21 am »

I see adk has anticipated some of my questions!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #345 on: May 03, 2015, 11:37:55 am »

Has silver modded before?

Yeah, he modded the Blarnia Mafia.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 03, 2015, 11:39:34 am »

What is the scum wincon when there is an sk?  Control town? So could they win without killing the sk?

Usually "have a majority or nothing can prevent that", so if scum outnumbers all living townies+the SK, they win.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Signups Closed, PM for Speccy)
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2015, 01:12:00 pm »

“When I say win the game, that means destroy your opponents. It is time you make these little hooves of yours dirty. Think about it... it's them or you... and your friends.”

I didn't read a ton of the narrative leading up to this, but "its them or you and your friends" is totally different than "its me and my friends or you and your friends"

what I am saying: survivor totally fits with the flavor name.

So Discord gets his psychotic killer kicks by making us kill each other.  I can buy that.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 03, 2015, 01:27:13 pm »

People who volunteered having a town PM, in order: ashersky, ADK, Awaclus, pit, Joseph. Ghacob.  e implied it  after ADK's post, but without stating it outright, by agreeing with ADK.  I don't know if this will be helpful scum-hunting-wise, but it's another lens to use on the situation.  I think at least one scum would be tempted to post as though they had a town PM.  But now that I count them, it's more than half of town.  I guess not so helpful.

Also, Support: IG.  I am leaning town on him.

IG - did you request support counts, or did you get them without asking?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 03, 2015, 02:27:38 pm »

I got the first one without asking and was told I could request additional counts at any time.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.868 seconds with 21 queries.