Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 193435 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D3!)
« Reply #2225 on: April 06, 2015, 02:19:15 pm »

Assuming people are telling the truth about their roles, e could have redirected ash from Joseph onto himself, right?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 06, 2015, 02:20:23 pm »

Yeah, which was why lynching e would have been a good idea.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 06, 2015, 02:21:07 pm »

There's also could be factional powers/extra abilities/whatever.  Scum could have some kind of JOAT shots.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 06, 2015, 02:22:26 pm »

wasn't e poisoned? if so, lynching him doesn't do much if he's town. we create an IC that dies the next night.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 06, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »

I had said "manor" before, like Ichi said.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 06, 2015, 02:23:18 pm »

Mm. Yeah it sucks, because if we did have to lynch someone other than faust, I definitely would have preferred e over ash. Plus he was one of my lynch targets as well.
I was asleep when all this went down though. Let's just hope scum!faust was lying and we aren't actually in mylo. Or if Ash flips scum, all the better. I feel like that's not going to happen though.

PPE: 4

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 06, 2015, 02:23:58 pm »

wasn't e poisoned? if so, lynching him doesn't do much if he's town. we create an IC that dies the next night.

Well, yes. 

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 06, 2015, 02:30:03 pm »

Well, yes.
e is poisoned, as long as you believe me.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 06, 2015, 02:32:22 pm »

But he could not die from poison. Even if he's town, he could have been attacked last night.  If he's scum, well, he still could have been attacked last night, and they can still choose to save him tonight.  And if he is town, he can redirect an attack to himself and save himself.

So, lots of scenarios where e of either alignment doesn't die.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: April 06, 2015, 02:32:43 pm »

Just to clarify, Poisoned people are supposed to die tonight, right?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 06, 2015, 02:36:13 pm »

Just to clarify, Poisoned people are supposed to die tonight, right?
Yes. Unless they were attacked.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 06, 2015, 02:39:08 pm »

Does that hold true for both nights? e.g. the night you poisoned them, and this coming night?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 06, 2015, 02:45:03 pm »

Does that hold true for both nights? e.g. the night you poisoned them, and this coming night?
Yes, if someone attacks them tonight or last night, they don't get poisoned.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 06, 2015, 03:46:28 pm »

Longest twilight ever :(  Sudgy?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 06, 2015, 05:26:15 pm »

Just to warn people, I'm V/LA Tuesday-Saturday- limited phone access only. Also, should I poison or not?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 06, 2015, 05:27:09 pm »

I lean towards no, but Ash's flip should influence your choice.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 06, 2015, 06:12:55 pm »

Really, quicklynched in my sleep?  Scum's on a roll, man.

I would ask that remaining town players take special notice of just how much certain players' tones have changed as soon as my mislynch was secured.  WW especially, Faust, too.

And, as I've been lynched, Faust should PM mrthingyman to take my spot in the championships, as the people have spoken.  I'm a man of my word.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D2!)
« Reply #2243 on: April 06, 2015, 06:28:20 pm »

Thread Locked

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 06, 2015, 06:28:43 pm »

Vote Count 2.FINAL

ashersky (5): faust, Awaclus, Joseph, Witherweaver, 2.7

faust (2): Ichimaru Gin, silverspawn
joseph (1): ashersky

Not Voting (1): chairs

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends Tuesday, April 7th at 10:30 AM.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 06, 2015, 06:32:03 pm »

ashersky has been lynched! He was a Mafia-aligned Blind Follower. His Role is as follows:

Quote from: Blind Follower
You are a Blind Follower. Each night, you may target a player. You will be told one of the types of actions they successfully completed that night. Your result will be prioritized based on this list: {Protective, Manipulative, Investigative, Supportive, Killing}. You will be told "No Result" if their action was blocked or your action was blocked.

Night 3 has begun! Day 4 will begin April 8th at 6:30 PM.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:34:27 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 07, 2015, 08:15:53 pm »

Sheriff Pacovf awoke in the middle of the night to see a dull, blue light entering through his bedroom window. He could hear a few whispered voices outside, so he slipped on his slippers and went outside to investigate. Everything was illuminated by the blue light, but its location was unknown. In the town square, he could see a large group of people huddled together. Their bodies were facing one another, but their heads were bent downwards, looking at the ground.

Pacovf
could remember back a few days ago to when sudgy had died, and hurried over to the group. His suspicions were correct - another dead body had attracted his people's attention. However, this time, the figure was dressed in a long trenchcoat. It was a member of the Mafia! Pacovf inspected the body and located it's ID. This body was Silverspawn's!

Silverspawn, the Mafia-aligned Regulator has been killed. His role is as follows:

Quote from: Regulator
You are a Regulator. Each night you may target a player. For every 3 players alive (rounded down), you may name a player. Any actions your target takes against the named players will fail.

A man who went by the name of 2.7 stepped forward from the crowd, limping slightly and his arm in a cast. "But," He began, moving his jaw clearly a painful task, "Silverspawn's body was bruised and battered, the same way the Mafia have been attacking people. Why would they kill one of-"

Before he could finish his sentence, another figure dressed in a long trench coat and a fedora leaped from the crowd, grabbing ahold of 2.7. He brandished a knife from within his pocket and expertly stuck it in 2.7s back. When the assassin released his grip, 2.7 fell to the ground, his body thudding against the pavement.

2.7, the Town-aligned Henchman has been killed. His role is as follows:

Quote from: Role
You are a Henchman. Each night, you may target one target a player. Each Action that has targeted that player, but has never targeted you before, will target you instead of the intended target tonight.

The killer began to run, but before he could break through the crowd, Sherrif Pacovf grabbed onto him, twisted his arms behind his back, and slapped a pair of handcuffs across his wrists. "Where do you think you're going?"

"No!" The man replied, "Please don't hurt me; I have a wife and a newborn at home!"

Pacovf
said something in return but no one, not even Pacovf, could hear it. A deafening, booming sound echoed all across the town. The blue light began to grow in intensity until it became blinding. People were caught in a dilemma between covering their ears with their hands and shielding their vision, but the criminal couldn't do either with his hands behind his back.

Then, all at once, the interferences stopped. The blue light dissipated until it was just a single column that washed over the handcuffed assassin. The crowd, including Pacovf, peered upwards as a figured dressed entirely in white began to descend from the sky. He had a thin golden hoop just above his hair, a pair of feathery wings on his back, and a glimmering harp in one hand while the other plucked notes.

When he reached the group's eye level, he peered around, looking at each one until his eyes met the criminal's. They stared intently at one another, everyone's body's rigid and unmoving. Then, the angelic being grabbed his harp and smacked the criminal across the head, knocking off his fedora. His body body went limp, and, when Pacovf turned him around, could identify him instantly.

chairs, the Mafia-aligned Mailman (With Return Postage) has been modkilled for inactivity. His role is as follows:

Quote from: Mailman (With Return Postage)
You are a Mailman (with Return Postage). Each night, you may target one player. Tell me a message 500 characters or less. This message will be sent to the targeted player (they will not know you sent it). At anytime during the following day, they may respond to your message with whatever of the 500 characters went unused. I will send their message back to you as soon as they reply and I am online.

The remaining people stared up, mouth agape, as the figure slowly ascended back into the sky.

But suddenly, the rope snapped and the figure fell to the ground. The plastic halo bent over itself and the wooden wings split in half. Brushing himself off, the costumed man got to his feet. He looked at all the players looking back at him, their eyes ablaze with anger and glaring at him. "Knew I should've had that stunt double..." He murmured under his breath as he limped off stage. The bruises he got from that fall were real, not makeup like everyone else's.

Once the angel was off stage, he turned back to the audience, his face masked over with happiness. "Just play it off, just play it off..." He told himself, "You didn't miss out on that Broadway offer to have this production be a failure." He took some deep breaths, and looked back to the players.

"Well, I guess that takes care of those Mafia." Pacovf said. "We stopped them dead in their tracks and now they're down"

Right on cue, a swanky saxophone began to softly purr as the percussion section kicked up the backing track.

Pacovf turned away from the group and to the audience. He took a step forward and as he strained and quavered his voice, he loudly sung, "So they'll think twice before coming back to my Toooooooooooown."

Everyone on stage bowed as the curtains closed. The audience rose to their feet and clapped their hands. Witherweaver's mom wiping a tear from her eye.

THE END

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 07, 2015, 08:16:07 pm »

Town wins!  :)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 07, 2015, 08:18:47 pm »

I killed silver!
On accident kind of, but that's still cool.

And I was wrong about faust! And faust was wrong about me!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 07, 2015, 08:25:49 pm »

Qts:
Mafia (ashersky/chairs) QT: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/2DZA2kJHxLV
Mafia (Hydrad/silverspawn) QT: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/Py8AU7up5Fn
Afterlife QT: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/iQHu3c7pRcH
Mod QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/dibBtFhs9fg9Y

Roles that weren't previously released:

Ichimaru Gin:

You are a Blackmailer. Each night, you may target a player. For every 3 players alive (rounded down), you may tell me a player name. If any of the given player names is lynched, your target will be protected from all "Attacks" the following night. If none of them are lynched (or a no lynch occurs) your target will take one less "Attack" to be killed the following night. Your target will be made aware of all of this, but not who targeted them.

Awaclus:
You are a Pickpocket. Each night, you may target a player. If they were to receive any results for any actions that night, you will receive them instead. When being sent their results, your target will receive “No Result” instead of the actual results. If they had nothing to steal, your target will be notified that some tried to pickpocket them.

Witherweaver:
You are a Partial Governor. Each night, you may target a player. They will secretly become 'Half-Lynchproof' for the rest of the game. Whenever a  Half-Lynchproof player is lynched, the lynch will fail - but only if they share your alignment. If this power does cause a lynch to fail, all Half-lynchproofs will be removed from players.

faust:
You are a Role Watcher. Each night, you may target a player. You will be told the names of any Roles that successfully targeted your target (besides this role) that night. However, each role can only be investigated once such that any future investigations will not show roles that have been detected on previous nights.

Joseph:

You are a Limited Poisoner. Each night, you may target one player. At the end of the following night, they will die. However, if your target is “Attacked” that night or the following night, the poison will be bled out and the kill will not succeed.

Night 1 Actions:

Alive (48):
e Sidekicks ashersky
ADK gives Joseph a Duplicator
Witherweaver protects ashersky
chairs attacks XP
silverspawn attacks XP
Joseph Poisons XP
chairs mails XP (The faust plan says I should mail you tonight. Who do you want me to mail tomorrow Night?)
Ashersky follows Faust
Silverspawn regulates Joseph (silverspawn, IG, Faust)
XP Redirects Kills from chairs to ashersky
Witherweaver investigates Joseph
Faust Watches chairs
Awaclus Pickpockets chairs

Dead (<24):
Hydrad gives to Witherweaver

RESULTS
Faust gets "Pickpocket, Therapist"
chairs gets "You were pickpocketed"
Witherweaver gets "Has not been Attacked"
ashersky gets "Investigative"
XP gets told: "The faust plan says I should mail you tonight. Who do you want me to mail tomorrow Night?"
Joseph receives a Duplicator

To die:
XP

e [Lynchproof]

N2 Actions:

Alive (48):
Faust Watches 2.7
Ichi Blackmails silverspawn {Faust, 2.7, Witherweaver}
Silverspawn Attacks Faust
Silverspawn Regulates Awaclus {Joseph, Faust, silverspawn}
Witherweaver Governs silverspawn
2.7 Redirects from Faust
Joseph Poisons 2.7 and chairs
Awaclus Detective's Faust
chairs mails Joseph {Man, I'm really concerned that e is the wrong target. I'm not sure what the timing on receiving this is, but maybe poison IG instead?}
chairs Attacks silverspawn
ashersky follows Joseph

Dead (<24):
Hydrad gives Role to Awaclus

Results:
Faust gets "Poisoner"
Silverspawn is told that "You'll be protected from all Attacks if Faust, 2.7 or Witherweaver is lynched. But if they aren't, you will take one less Attack to die that night".
2.7 is Attacked
Silverspawn is governered, but won't be lynchproof
Joseph is told "Man, I'm really concerned that e is the wrong target. I'm not sure what the timing on receiving this is, but maybe poison IG instead?"
Silverspawn is Attacked
ashersky is told "Your target successfully performed a Killing Action"
chairs is poisoned
Hydrad is told "Awaclus is Town-aligned"

To die: none

Lynchproof: 2.7
Attacked: Silverspawn, 2.7

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.