Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 193515 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D2!)
« Reply #1225 on: March 20, 2015, 09:27:30 pm »

What's my scum narrative for frustrating people into lynching me?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 20, 2015, 09:58:59 pm »

You didn't want to claim until you were sure that you wouldn't be caught in a lie?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 20, 2015, 10:23:56 pm »

What was so dangerous that I needed to lie?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 20, 2015, 10:26:34 pm »

You didn't want to claim until you were sure that you wouldn't be caught in a lie?

Yeah, this really looks like you are just trying to reach for anything that will keep WW a viable wagon....because if more people think he is town, the more likely we are to lynch scum.  Like you?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 20, 2015, 10:31:16 pm »

You didn't lie. You withheld information until the two people who could potentially contradict that information (faust and ash) had claimed.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: March 20, 2015, 10:40:03 pm »

You didn't lie. You withheld information until the two people who could potentially contradict that information (faust and ash) had claimed.

... are you arguing rhetorically now?  "Contradict that information" is another way to say "caught in a lie".  I'm asking what I was scared to be caught of.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 20, 2015, 10:44:47 pm »

If you targeted someone with your ability (or a scum ability that you haven't claimed) and didn't want to claim it, you would want to wait until you knew that ash hadn't targeted so you can safely say you targeted nobody. That at least makes more sense than "I didn't claim right away because screw you you guys!"
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 20, 2015, 10:47:38 pm »

If you targeted someone with your ability (or a scum ability that you haven't claimed) and didn't want to claim it, you would want to wait until you knew that ash hadn't targeted so you can safely say you targeted nobody. That at least makes more sense than "I didn't claim right away because screw you you guys!"

But what's the downside of claiming that I Governed someone?  Why do I need to risk being countered by Ash/Faust at all? 

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 20, 2015, 10:51:11 pm »

But what's the downside of claiming that I Governed someone?  Why do I need to risk being countered by Ash/Faust at all?

Well if you were ever to flip scum that would tie you pretty strongly with the person that you Governor'd.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 20, 2015, 10:51:54 pm »

Well if you were ever to flip scum that would tie you pretty strongly with the person that you Governor'd.

And obviously easy to manipulate, as I could choose to Govern a townie for that reason.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 20, 2015, 11:44:15 pm »

Reread of e for D1.

#74 OMGUS vote on Joseph right out of the gate.
#75 Softly in favor of the massclaim.
#133 Votes ash and claims Henchman. I think this vote is pretty good.
#182 Argues against any sort of coordination. Says Ichi, Joseph, and ADK all have powers that look townie/only town would have.
#183 Notes faust wanting to claim last, but it not really making sense given his role. He gives faust town points for this. I don't really agree, but this is relatively minor stuff.
#211 Greater justificiation/explanation of his Ash vote. I think there's some pretty good reasoning here. It is odd that Ash hasn't been as active and directing things as normal.
#332 Unvotes Ash and gives a bunch of counter reasoning explaining why he thinks he's town now.
#333 Says he agrees with WW about something I said being scummy.
#336 e's case on WW. He cites a bunch of WW's posts and talks about how he helped stir things up but hasn't really done a lot of useful things.
#351 Says he just wants to lynch WW. Also opposes Ash's plan for people naming a theoretical partner and target saying it "would take too long to coordinate".
#375 Says "if I was scum with chairs, I would kill Joseph tonight"
#497 He's not super excited about the Hydrad lynch and doesn't plan on hammering. Doesn't give any reasons why.
#599 He says he wants to lynch Awaclus if we're going off of roles only--aside from that he says "If we want to lynch scum I am not really sure." This statement strikes me as a little odd.
#601 The first of his posts encouraging everyone to use their powers. This one is in response to me.
#603 His response to my asking him who he wants to lynch tomorrow. I don't especially care for this post. It feels vague, and pretty hedgy. He names SS as a top choice, which I think is odd.
#663 He wants everyone to use their powers.
#666 (haha) He says WW isn't happening and votes silverspawn.

And...that's it for D1. He has basically has one post talking about Hydrad--which is #497. And there's basically no substance in the post besides him saying he doesn't like the wagon and won't hammer him. Considering Hydrad was a big, important wagon around which there was a fair amount of discussion yesterday--this strikes me as pretty scummy. It's also worth noting his last post of D1 was the morning of March 12th (going off of my time) and he doesn't post again even though the thread isn't locked until late afternoon of March 13th. That's interesting.

I'll do D2 next.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 21, 2015, 12:04:06 am »

It's also worth noting his last post of D1 was the morning of March 12th (going off of my time) and he doesn't post again even though the thread isn't locked until late afternoon of March 13th.

I have no access at work (no smartphone and f.ds is blocked).  The thread was locked at 4:00 PM my time, so I was still at work/driving home.

I didn't look at the rest I just didn't want you to try to create a case based on availability.  The no access during the day also plays into this
I think he's been much lurkier here than I've ever seen him.
I mean, I get online every day and post, but sometimes I just don't have as much to say.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 21, 2015, 12:09:07 am »

reread of e for D2 (up to this post)

#718 Ok. So he was VLA. That's important--and does take away from the very last point of my prior post somewhat.
#804 Comments on Joseph's abilities, asking him to clarify/confirm.
#808 Interestingly, he defends SS from Awaclus here and says he (SS) used his power in the most townie way possible.
#841 Claims he targeted Ashersky.
#843 This seems like a pretty good explanation. At the same time, I recall I claimed to target Ash in one of my prior fakeclaims--and it seemed people bought it completely. Ash seems like a "safe" person to target.
#845 e's case and vote on me. This basically boils down to him saying I've been trying too hard to act townie and/or emphasizing my townness too much. I don't really think any of his points are particularly compelling, and he calls my questions for having people saying who they want to lynch the next day "seeking approval" which isn't really the right term in my mind. I can only protect people if one of my lynch choices is lynched...so not really seeing why he's saying this is scummy.
#846 His response to faust saying he has a plan where e dies.
#867 Calls me out for not doing anything, saying it's scummy--even though I was told not to use my power. I think this is unfair, but it is in keeping with his belief that everyone should use their abilities.
#890 Continues to pressure me. Talking about the "mounds of OMGUS nonsense" that went on d1--which he made basically no comment about at the time it was going on.
#896 Another post about me, saying he thinks I'm Hydrad's partner now? I don't really understand his reasoning.
#897 Tells chairs to vote for me. This is kind of tongue in cheek, but he obviously does want people to vote for me.
#901-902 I don't understand these posts at all.
#944 Asks me why I like the WW wagon--obviously intimating that it's OMGUS--which is partially true.
#973 The whole Joseph "stab" thing.
#976 Suddenly he's willing to participate in faust's plan.
#981 More theory talk about Joseph's role.
#994 Says he likes his vote where it is. The Joseph stuff is "interesting" but he wants to wait it out and see how is role actually works? This is weird, and doesn't feel sincere.
#1078 A real ringer of a post. He doesn't want to lynch WW because his role is "myserious".
#1081 Dodges ADK calling him out for bad reasoning about not voting WW. And let's like totally lynch the ichiz guyz!
#1182 More defending WW. Cites his own case from D1 for some reason. I don't see much substance here.
#1207 a reads post
#1209 And he wants me to build a case against him!
#1218 Defending WW.
#1221 He and WW are "town partners"
#1228 Defending WW. Says ADK is trying to hard to make the WW wagon viable...And calls ADK scum.

Well. I'm happy lynching e today. I might even shift my vote to him. I didn't cover every single post in my rereads--I only skipped a few of little consequence. This was more a summary of his play than a case. I'm expecting that scum!e wanted some OMGUS post from me and that's why he called me out. I see him as a pretty likely candidate for being Hydrad's partner. He's tunneled me today...and has also been lurking a fair amount.

PPE: Yes. I forgot you were VLA then too. Yeah, that's just a small point, but I see it was incorrect now.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 21, 2015, 12:09:54 am »

And...that's it for D1. He has basically has one post talking about Hydrad--which is #497. And there's basically no substance in the post besides him saying he doesn't like the wagon and won't hammer him. Considering Hydrad was a big, important wagon around which there was a fair amount of discussion yesterday--this strikes me as pretty scummy.

Scummy as in I am Hydrad's partner?  Or as in I could be any scum?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 21, 2015, 12:13:33 am »

And...that's it for D1. He has basically has one post talking about Hydrad--which is #497. And there's basically no substance in the post besides him saying he doesn't like the wagon and won't hammer him. Considering Hydrad was a big, important wagon around which there was a fair amount of discussion yesterday--this strikes me as pretty scummy.

Scummy as in I am Hydrad's partner?  Or as in I could be any scum?
I'm leaning Hydrad's partner. It could also come from noncommital scum though or scum from another team with good intuition. This just seems pretty pale for such an important wagon. It's basically just the one statement--and you never really say much about Hydrad before or after.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 21, 2015, 12:19:29 am »

I'm expecting that scum!e wanted some OMGUS post from me and that's why he called me out.

No, no, no.  I hate OMGUS.  It is silly.  I wanted a good case that I could respond to and demonstrably prove that I am town.  Which I don't get either.  Because you didn't create a case, you created a summary.  Which is really easy to do.  As scum

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 21, 2015, 12:21:28 am »

I'm expecting that scum!e wanted some OMGUS post from me and that's why he called me out.

No, no, no.  I hate OMGUS.  It is silly.  I wanted a good case that I could respond to and demonstrably prove that I am town.  Which I don't get either.  Because you didn't create a case, you created a summary.  Which is really easy to do.  As scum
How would me making a good case help you prove you are town? A good case would prove you are scum. (though of course, nothing can really be "proved" per se).

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 21, 2015, 12:27:59 am »

Oh yeah. It's because you didn't want a "good" case. When you mean "good" you mean, let me convince ichi (who's not known to make the best cases) to write up something that will make him look bad and me look townie and then I can continue tunneling him. Your last post is obv!scum to me and a good example of you tunneling me and being insincere. I gave a summary with some personal commentary added--and I reached a conclusion; I think you're scum.

I'm going to vote: e. I don't think I want to lynch anyone else today.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D1!)
« Reply #1243 on: March 21, 2015, 12:29:21 am »

Also, what am I supposed to do with this?  Reply line by line?

#890 Continues to pressure me. Talking about the "mounds of OMGUS nonsense" that went on d1--which he made basically no comment about at the time it was going on.
But seriously, he is a fount of wisdom in this otherwise abysmally OMBUS-y thread.
I guess this was a typo here.  And yes, it could be classified as "basically no" comment.  But I feel as though I made my interest in the OMGUS discussion clear.

I can do this all day

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 21, 2015, 12:31:41 am »

Also, what am I supposed to do with this?  Reply line by line?

But seriously, he is a fount of wisdom in this otherwise abysmally OMBUS-y thread.
I guess this was a typo here.  And yes, it could be classified as "basically no" comment.  But I feel as though I made my interest in the OMGUS discussion clear.

I can do this all day
Um. Not if you don't want to?
You replying/not replying to everything wouldn't make much of a difference to my read on you at this point.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: March 21, 2015, 12:32:06 am »

Actually, the goal was for you to go back and actually read my posts and realize that you can't find a case because I am town.  That by reading the thread you convince yourself (without any additional help) that I am town.  I had no ulterior motives to catch you in some trap based on the case you made.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 21, 2015, 12:36:41 am »

You replying/not replying to everything wouldn't make much of a difference to my read on you at this point.

From my very first mafia game:
Quote from: Star Wars
Anakin Skywalker: If you're not with me, then you're my enemy.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: [realizing that Anakin is consumed by evil and there's no reasoning with him anymore] Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
Yup, and everyone opposed to the plan is scum. Out yourselves, scum.
vote: robz

And Robz was scum.  Maintaining an open mind, and more importantly being able to change and adapt your reads as new evidence or as your understanding of the game progresses is a very townie trait.  The opposite (being stuck in your opinion) is scummy to me. 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 21, 2015, 12:38:36 am »

Actually, the goal was for you to go back and actually read my posts and realize that you can't find a case because I am town.  That by reading the thread you convince yourself (without any additional help) that I am town.  I had no ulterior motives to catch you in some trap based on the case you made.
That's different from what you said in your last post. I reread you in entirety man, and I think you're scum. And yeah, I "actually" read your posts...that's kinda why I'm voting you now.

I don't buy the last part.

PPE: that's rich considering you're tunneling me. I was less sure you were scum before, rereading you and your responses make me more sure you are scum...so no.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 21, 2015, 12:53:43 am »

Because you didn't create a case, you created a summary.  Which is really easy to do.  As scum
Yeah. I took a "holistic" approach which I think is much better across the board--as opposed to cherry-picking posts that only enforce a pre-existing viewpoint. So summaries are scummaries now huh? This is really ridiculous and probably the #1 reason I think you're scum right now.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 21, 2015, 01:02:45 am »

Actually. Scratch that. I just love that entire post. I want it framed somewhere in my house as an example of dishonest reasoning.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 92  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.