Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 192558 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D1!)
« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2015, 06:10:53 pm »

To quote faust from Yoshi's island

"Your silence is giving you away."

I was away from the computer. My entire life does not revolve around mafia.
If you bothered to read my other posts, you would see I mentioned this. You're working to misinterpret me here.

PPEs: Wow. Now who's overreacting?
You're scum. You need to die.

Distraction, deflection, and more purposeful ignorance of people's metas.
Can we please lynch ADK today?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 09, 2015, 06:12:45 pm »

@ADK have we played together before?

You mean like in Yoshi's Island, when you reacted very emotionally to people voting for you, and were scum? Or in Silo, when you reacted very emotionally to people voting for you, and were scum? Or in Stack the Deck, when you reacted very emotionally to people voting for you, and were scum? Yeah, you've done it as town, but here it just feels kind of forced, and I don't get faust as a target for it at all.

PPE: @WW I suppose. It doesn't mean I have to like it. Especially since he's giving himself an excuse to be dishonest.
Or Dune 2--where I overreacted  in the beginning, or Dice Mafia where I overreacted to faust calling me scum because of my low role, or Musical Mafia where scum used my overreaction and early claim for a winning mislynch. This is blatant cherry-picking and super annoying.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 09, 2015, 06:13:33 pm »

*roll

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 09, 2015, 06:13:55 pm »

If you bothered to read my other posts, you would see I mentioned this. You're working to misinterpret me here.

I was catching up and reacted as I went, so sue me. And how is that an overreaction? You were making a point about your meta, I was providing counter evidence to that point.

PPE: Like I said, you've done it as town. You've also done it as scum.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 09, 2015, 06:17:04 pm »

Wheeeee, we did this. Now who's scum?

I agree that joseph and Ichi have the towniest looking roles.
So what changed your mind?

Oh yeah, and you ignored my question about what you didn't agree with faust about.

I was catching up and reacted as I went, so sue me. And how is that an overreaction? You were making a point about your meta, I was providing counter evidence to that point.

Oh, maybe just tossing out that you think all my reads suck (when you don't even know all of my reads) and providing 0 evidence for it--not to mention that reads are subjective.
Uh huh. I've been saying it's a null tell forever, but you gave it as the #1 reason why you're voting for me so no, sorry, you can't pretend you think it's a null tell now.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 09, 2015, 06:19:19 pm »

IG what makes you so sure on ADK? people suspect you all the time as town and scum. Your making it sound like you are like 90% sure hes scum. I feel like you usually don't do that part. You usually just defend and don't know whos scum. This time it seems your mind is already made up that ADK is scum.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2015, 06:19:28 pm »

Am I witnessing fake arguing?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 09, 2015, 06:19:48 pm »

Am I witnessing fake arguing?

Something feels off but I don't know who.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2015, 06:20:38 pm »

why*

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2015, 06:22:00 pm »

Wheeeee, we did this. Now who's scum?

I agree that joseph and Ichi have the towniest looking roles.
So what changed your mind?

Oh yeah, and you ignored my question about what you didn't agree with faust about.

You have a towny-looking role, but nothing is confirmed, and the way you reacted to faust is what changed my mind about you.

Yeah. Your read on me is so forced.

You said you thought "a lot" of faust's analysis was sound? Were there some parts you didn't agree with?

I think he underestimates the scum utility of ash's role, for starters. It could be useful for finding the other scum team.

Oh, maybe just tossing out that you think all my reads suck (when you don't even know all of my reads) and providing 0 evidence for it--not to mention that reads are subjective.
Uh huh. I've been saying it's a null tell forever, but you gave it as the #1 reason why you're voting for me so no, sorry, you can't pretend you think it's a null tell now.

I strongly disagree with your read on faust, which is the whole point here. You reacted to faust's analysis, not with "I disagree with some of that, here's how my role can be used to benefit town", but with "this analysis sucks, faust is obvscum". It looks a lot to me like perhaps faust was hitting a little too close to home with what he was saying, and you felt you had to react strongly against it.

PPE:

IG what makes you so sure on ADK? people suspect you all the time as town and scum. Your making it sound like you are like 90% sure hes scum. I feel like you usually don't do that part. You usually just defend and don't know whos scum. This time it seems your mind is already made up that ADK is scum.

Yeah, this.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2015, 06:22:31 pm »

His reasoning here is terrible and a lot of people see that. He's sticking to it though because it'll look bad if he backs off at this point.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2015, 06:23:56 pm »

His reasoning here is terrible and a lot of people see that. He's sticking to it though because it'll look bad if he backs off at this point.

It's not that terrible. I honestly can't figure out if you're being sincere or if you're grandstanding. 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2015, 06:25:13 pm »

Faust said we should lynch those who have roles with high scum utility and low town utility. My role does not fit that definition--and he listed a bunch of people whose roles do fit that definition--yet he votes me with no explanation or argument for it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2015, 06:26:22 pm »

I'm sticking too it because I think you're scum.

Ichi, do you still think that faust is scum?

PPE: faust said he was working on a plan. He didn't explain why he was voting for you, but I'm assuming that there is in fact a reason.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2015, 06:26:58 pm »

More to the point, why would faust being wrong (if he is) necessarily mean that he's scum?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2015, 06:27:05 pm »

Faust said we should lynch those who have roles with high scum utility and low town utility. My role does not fit that definition--and he listed a bunch of people whose roles do fit that definition--yet he votes me with no explanation or argument for it.

Yes, this is what I asked.  I have some ideas on this, but I want to hear Faust respond.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2015, 06:28:50 pm »

PPE: faust said he was working on a plan. He didn't explain why he was voting for you, but I'm assuming that there is in fact a reason.
There's always a bit of grandstanding in me. I feel like you sheeped my wagon, had bad meta reasons for voting me and have continued to unfairly attack me.

faust hasn't been around, so it's hard to say. I'll wait for him to show up.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2015, 06:33:37 pm »

Why?
OMGUS?
I'm voting everyone's precious IC faust?
My overreactions?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2015, 06:38:08 pm »

*my voting

I should probably take a break. I feel really, really, confident that ADK is scum though, and I think Hydrad's assessment of my meta is clearly inaccurate--but of course scum!ADK is going to latch onto it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 09, 2015, 06:38:36 pm »

I don't think I've ever seen ADK arguing this strongly for something before. that's interesting. Not sure if it's an alignment tell though.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 09, 2015, 06:40:06 pm »

You'll have to wait for a proper response util tomorrow I fear. I tentatively think Ichi is scummy here, and honestly have a hard time understanding why people would vote for one of our only investigative roles at all on D1.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 09, 2015, 06:42:01 pm »

There's always a bit of grandstanding in me. I feel like you sheeped my wagon, had bad meta reasons for voting me and have continued to unfairly attack me.

faust hasn't been around, so it's hard to say. I'll wait for him to show up.

If by "unfairly attack you" you mean "keep my vote on you and continue to reiterate my reasons for doing so", then yes. This is mafia, all reads are based at least a little on speculation. I don't think I've been manipulative or unfair here at all.

Why?
OMGUS?
I'm voting everyone's precious IC faust?
My overreactions?

No, yes, and yes.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 09, 2015, 06:42:52 pm »

I don't think I've ever seen ADK arguing this strongly for something before. that's interesting. Not sure if it's an alignment tell though.

Oh and btw I also think that Silver's been pretty scummy here, he's been a little lurky. Not a terribly strong read but it's there.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 09, 2015, 06:44:36 pm »

You'll have to wait for a proper response util tomorrow I fear. I tentatively think Ichi is scummy here, and honestly have a hard time understanding why people would vote for one of our only investigative roles at all on D1.
are you talking about yourself?

I missed your role when I said we don't have a watcher or doctor. You're sort of a weak watcher.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 09, 2015, 06:45:26 pm »

Oh and btw I also think that Silver's been pretty scummy here, he's been a little lurky. Not a terribly strong read but it's there.
I really don't think I've been lurking
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92  All

Page created in 1.8 seconds with 16 queries.