Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17  All

Author Topic: M59: Blink Mafia (Game over - Weeping Angels win flawlessly!)  (Read 42835 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M59: Blink Mafia (D2)
« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2015, 08:49:13 pm »

Sorry, I'm a bit tired right now, what I was trying to say is: Why wouldn't scum-who-didn't-anticipate!chairs claim to have looked at silverspawn?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2015, 09:42:37 pm »

I think joseph is heading to the "well, scum!chairs wants to make sure he claims SS before anybody else so he comes off not-as-scummy for it".  That's an argument I simply don't agree with, as I think scum!anybody really ought to be claiming someone else - maybe their partner, but probably just some random townie that isn't SS (because since they killed SS, it seems reasonable to believe that the folks who claim watching SS will come under unusually high suspicion).

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2015, 09:52:01 pm »

Hmm I could see chairs?

Actually I wonder if its WW...

ok so thought process time.

Lets say chairs is town and WW is scum. How willing would WW be to jump on chairs there? I think its a slightly higher chance that scum WW jumps on chairs like that then town.

sure lets try itVote: WW!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 11, 2015, 10:00:51 pm »

Hmm I could see chairs?

Lets say chairs is town and WW is scum. How willing would WW be to jump on chairs there? I think its a slightly higher chance that scum WW jumps on chairs like that then town.

Huh?  What if Chairs is scum?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 11, 2015, 10:08:56 pm »

Hmm I could see chairs?

Huh?  What if Chairs is scum?

Then your probably town. I just have a slight thought that chairs might be town though.

Also I know that post doesn't really make sense but sometimes that how I try to figure out who scum is and this time I posted a bit of my thought process.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 11, 2015, 10:12:00 pm »

I'm probably settled on one of Joseph or Chairs for today.

Though honestly I don't really remember what my reads were .. hm, I had thought Rubby was town.

I probably need to go reread.

Rubby

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 11, 2015, 11:56:14 pm »

For now I will again vote: Joseph, although I'm feeling odder about Chairs' posts today, and as I said it would seem bizarre for both scum to claim first and say silverspawn. Don't want to put anyone at L-1 yet. And let's please not self hammer if we are town at L-1.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #282 on: March 12, 2015, 05:41:46 am »

But if you're scum at L-1, then please self hammer.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 12, 2015, 11:13:44 am »

Ooo, so we can just put everybody at L-1, and if they're scum they'll self-hammer, so guaranteed scum lynch!

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 12, 2015, 11:13:57 am »

(/s)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2015, 11:31:50 am »

Ooo, so we can just put everybody at L-1, and if they're scum they'll self-hammer, so guaranteed scum lynch!

I think if you vote for yourself, you'll be at L-1.  Go for it!

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2015, 01:17:34 pm »

I think if you vote for yourself, you'll be at L-1.  Go for it!

That won't work, how would I show whether I'm self-hammering or not!

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 12, 2015, 02:59:04 pm »

Been busy all day, phone post here. Will reread when I get home (2-3 hours).
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 12, 2015, 05:22:37 pm »

I think joseph is heading to the "well, scum!chairs wants to make sure he claims SS before anybody else so he comes off not-as-scummy for it".  That's an argument I simply don't agree with, as I think scum!anybody really ought to be claiming someone else - maybe their partner, but probably just some random townie that isn't SS (because since they killed SS, it seems reasonable to believe that the folks who claim watching SS will come under unusually high suspicion).
This was the way I was going, I agree it isn't actually a good argument. I think early claims were towny.
I'm probably settled on one of Joseph or Chairs for today.
Really, because I'm not convinced either of us is. I know for sure I'm not.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 12, 2015, 05:59:28 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

chairs (2): Awaclus, Witherweaver
Awaclus (1): chairs
Witherweaver (1): Hydrad
Joseph2302 (1): Rubby

Not Voting (2): EgorK, Joseph2302

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends March 16 at 10 am forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 12, 2015, 07:56:40 pm »

vote: WW.

I think "settling on" Joseph or myself is the kind of easy out scum wants to suggest to Town.  Still mostly neutral on Joseph.

Rubby

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 12, 2015, 08:30:04 pm »

I think "settling on" Joseph or myself is the kind of easy out scum wants to suggest to Town.

What do you mean? What makes it an "easy out"?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 13, 2015, 02:06:08 am »

Well, let's assume for the moment that Joseph is Town (and for the rest of you, since you don't get to see my PM, that I am as well).  There's at least one potential easy mislynch there based on "one of them HAS to be lying!" and possibly two if you can keep that ball rolling into the next Day.  It's a lynch that people could sheep on based on a surface-sensible argument, one that goes just deep enough for lazy Town (of which I have been guilty in prior games myself) to just vote it and move on.  If I were scum, and I thought I'd get a shot to easy-mode two mislynches, I'd run with it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2015, 05:29:26 am »

Well, let's assume for the moment that Joseph is Town (and for the rest of you, since you don't get to see my PM, that I am as well).  There's at least one potential easy mislynch there based on "one of them HAS to be lying!" and possibly two if you can keep that ball rolling into the next Day.  It's a lynch that people could sheep on based on a surface-sensible argument, one that goes just deep enough for lazy Town (of which I have been guilty in prior games myself) to just vote it and move on.  If I were scum, and I thought I'd get a shot to easy-mode two mislynches, I'd run with it.

Well, that's only if both of you are town. I very much doubt that it is the case.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2015, 09:14:16 am »

Well, that's only if both of you are town. I very much doubt that it is the case.

Why? Statistically, we're more likely to be Town than scum (I bet I can worfram alpha the numbers on this, given enough patience to figure out the proper context).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2015, 09:31:07 am »

You're not more likely to both be town than for one of you to not be town.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #296 on: March 13, 2015, 09:31:51 am »

Why? Statistically, we're more likely to be Town than scum (I bet I can worfram alpha the numbers on this, given enough patience to figure out the proper context).

Because you're super scummy.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2015, 04:28:52 pm »

Why?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2015, 04:34:20 pm »

Why?

Probably because you're scum.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 13, 2015, 05:45:13 pm »

Well, you've certainly convinced me. /s
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17  All

Page created in 1.894 seconds with 20 queries.