Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M58 : Flavorless mafia - Town wins !  (Read 110004 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M58 : Flavorless mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1200 on: March 06, 2015, 07:10:46 pm »

Oh? thats good news.

now is it doctor XP actually saving someone? or scum XP going for a backup plan incase IG gets lynched.

Yes, it was. But perhaps IG isn't scum. Maybe you are. You and XP.

You are tunneling me.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 06, 2015, 07:12:16 pm »

Choose blindly? What you mean like randomly?

Seriously. It's obvious I'm the real cop and Hydrad counterclaimed me. Look back at my posts from yesterday where I talk about it.

PPE: 1
I'm leaning towards it, but I don't think it's "obvious" by any stretch. why is it obvious?

If Hydrad is scum, he played this really well with tunneling me during day 1 and then claiming a scum result on me.

@XP: well, again, if you're town, it was really good play, and I'm glad to be alive. But yeah, we're not lynching you today anyway.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 06, 2015, 07:14:53 pm »

Ok I'm just going to list my points again.

Point 1- You can see on day 2 I targeted SS heavily and on day 3 I hinted towards TA being a strong town read.

Point 2- You can see the moment I realize pyscho shot was in this game and my gameplay kinda changed. This one is hard for you to know if its true or not though.

Point 3- Faust who was scum just voted me and nothing more. In a cop vs fake cop situation I'm pretty sure scum is going to go for the mislynch in a mylo situation. In fact there were so close to getting it! IG had the chance and missed it by 5 minutes. If I fake claimed cop do you think my partners would jump on me like that? What would the point of fakeclaiming be if my team just instantly lynched me.

Point 4- IG's biggest reason that he says he is a cop is because he claimed before me. When I didn't even have a chance to claim before him.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 06, 2015, 07:15:43 pm »

Well. It's obvious to me at least. I've always felt town!me was very apparent, but after MM I'm a little less sure of that.

PPE: 1

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 06, 2015, 07:18:29 pm »

Hydrad is being convincing. Would IG care to do something similar or an offensive case on Hydrad?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 06, 2015, 07:20:11 pm »

Oh? thats good news.

now is it doctor XP actually saving someone? or scum XP going for a backup plan incase IG gets lynched.

You are tunneling me.

Not quite. Right now you're flavor of the hour, perhaps next hour I'll think about SS. I'm trying to make it all make sense.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 06, 2015, 07:21:40 pm »

I want to hear your side here IG.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 06, 2015, 07:22:14 pm »

My response is coming.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 06, 2015, 07:24:26 pm »

Oh? thats good news.

You are tunneling me.

Not quite. Right now you're flavor of the hour, perhaps next hour I'll think about SS. I'm trying to make it all make sense.

Its like 95% not SS.

Unless hes trolling us it really can't be him. If he was scum he had many times to win by killing me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 06, 2015, 07:30:47 pm »

Ok I'm just going to list my points again.

Point 1- You can see on day 2 I targeted SS heavily and on day 3 I hinted towards TA being a strong town read.

Point 2- You can see the moment I realize pyscho shot was in this game and my gameplay kinda changed. This one is hard for you to know if its true or not though.

Point 3- Faust who was scum just voted me and nothing more. In a cop vs fake cop situation I'm pretty sure scum is going to go for the mislynch in a mylo situation. In fact there were so close to getting it! IG had the chance and missed it by 5 minutes. If I fake claimed cop do you think my partners would jump on me like that? What would the point of fakeclaiming be if my team just instantly lynched me.

Point 4- IG's biggest reason that he says he is a cop is because he claimed before me. When I didn't even have a chance to claim before him.

1. Scum knew exactly what PR's town had. You could have easily planned that ahead of time--or simply tweaked your fakeclaim to reflect your behavior on earlier days (I actually see the latter as more likely).

2. This point hurts you. I'll repeat that the real cop absolutely pays attention to the setup and knows about the psychotrooper becuase they are always a part of the setup and affect your results. Furthermore your phrasing as haven "forgotten" about the psychotrooper is just nonsensical. Now I feel like you're including it and trying to build it into your fake argument because you know it can't be ignored now.

3. Faust didn't post once either before or after voting you--so I have no idea what he was thinking. It could have been a miscommunication or mistake on scum's part. Or some crazy gambit. This is your biggest weapon against me, so I don't know if it was planned, or you're simply using the mistake to your advantage.

4. I don't really classify any of my reasonings as "biggest". My argument is simply that scum always waits for the real cop to claim before counterclaiming. I could have easily had no useful results and you and your team could have pushed another mislynch. Regardless of whether you were there before or after me, you would have waited for me to claim first before fakeclaiming. Likewise, if I was scum, I would have waited to counterclaim you regardless of which of us showed up first.

PPE: 2

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 06, 2015, 07:33:03 pm »

Hydrad is being convincing. Would IG care to do something similar or an offensive case on Hydrad?
I can easily see XP as the last partner.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 06, 2015, 07:35:52 pm »

Ok on your point 4 thats one thing I don't get.

In this game what cop is not going to claim on day 4. There is really no reason to wait until longer with this setup as if you get nightkilled or something you were usless. With this in mind there is really no reason to wait until the cop claims if scum was thinking of claiming.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 06, 2015, 07:40:33 pm »

Do we know there's another partner. It could just be IG.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 06, 2015, 07:41:49 pm »

Yeah, I think SS is town. But it IS the endgame here. I'd be a fool not to consider everyone besides Egork.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 06, 2015, 07:42:43 pm »

Ok on your point 4 thats one thing I don't get.

In this game what cop is not going to claim on day 4. There is really no reason to wait until longer with this setup as if you get nightkilled or something you were usless. With this in mind there is really no reason to wait until the cop claims if scum was thinking of claiming.
What?

Yes. Scum knew I was going to claim D4. So if they're going to counterclaim the cop, that's the day to do it. However, it isn't necessary to counterclaim me if my results are useless. At the very least, they have a rolestopper, plus the likelihood that at least some of my results are on people who have died. So I don't really get what you're trying to say here. Scum is always going to claim second--because there is absolutely no reason for them to counterclaim me if my results don't incriminate them.

PPE: This is just crazy. Yes we know there's 3 scum; it's in the OP. These attacks on me are reaching a laughable point.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: March 06, 2015, 07:43:24 pm »

Do we know there's another partner. It could just be IG.

I'm pretty sure this setup has 3 scum gauranteed

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 06, 2015, 07:45:25 pm »

Yeah, I think SS is town. But it IS the endgame here. I'd be a fool not to consider everyone besides Egork.

The only way it can be SS logically I think is if IG is town I guess. In that way SS didn't hammer me because he might be my partner.

But once you pick who to lynch and if you pick correctly and see that I'm town SS should pretty much be considered a IC.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 06, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »

yeah, I do think that's one of the most important things that happened.

So, I'll try to look into it... probably going to retell some stuff that everyone already knows.

faust attempted to quicklynch you here. So, let's assume you are...

1. Town:
The scum team is faust & IG & ???

Playerlist (bold means was on the wagon):

XerxesPraelor
faust
Ichimaru Gin
Hydrad
Egork
Seprix
silverspawn

Timeline:
06:09:50 - I voted for Hydrad
06:14:55 - XP voted for Hydrad
06:50:39 - faust put Hydrad at L-1
06:55:31 - I unvote Hydrad
06:58:58 - IG comes back. his comment doesn't indicate disappointment about the failed quickhammer
08:46:39 - Seprix comes back

So, this is what this means:
At LyLo, it takes all scum + one town to quickhammer someone. I was the town. faust + IG were two of the scum, and XP either was the third scum or he was a second town; it doesn't matter because Seprix wasn't around. In both cases, faust put Hydrad at L-1 and hoped for IG to quickhammer, but IG couldn't because his internet died.

2. Scum:

Playerlist:

XerxesPraelor
faust
Ichimaru Gin
Hydrad
Egork
Seprix
silverspawn

Note that, IG was going to hammer Hydrad even in this scenario, he said so himself. So, what that means is, faust put his partner at L-1, in order to either give him towncred, or have IG hammer him and cut the day short. Which wouldn't be a big deal though, so basically he just did it for towncred.

Meh, that's not really anything we didn't already know. I was hoping that looking at it thoroughly would lead to some kind of result, but it doesn't even tell us anything about XP, he can be town and scum in both scenarios. Basically, the question is just, did faust attempt to quicklynch or to make us think Hydrad is town.

Well, the quicklynch narrative is really good. I think I'm leaning towards town!Hydrad now. Although that of course just proves that the narrative for a faust/Hydrad team is also good.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 06, 2015, 07:48:57 pm »

This is faust can't even do it for town cred. If IG is town then his results mean faust is scum.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 06, 2015, 07:49:16 pm »

Thing is faust can't even do it for town cred. If IG is town then his results mean faust is scum.

Thing is*

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 06, 2015, 07:50:57 pm »

Oh wait. were you saying he did it as me having town cred?

That seems so extremely risky as if IG hammered there then the point of me "fake claiming cop" would of just don't nothing.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 06, 2015, 07:52:14 pm »

2. This point hurts you. I'll repeat that the real cop absolutely pays attention to the setup and knows about the psychotrooper becuase they are always a part of the setup and affect your results. Furthermore your phrasing as haven "forgotten" about the psychotrooper is just nonsensical. Now I feel like you're including it and trying to build it into your fake argument because you know it can't be ignored now.

urg, this is actually a really good point

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 06, 2015, 07:54:57 pm »

Oh wait. were you saying he did it as me having town cred?
yeah

That seems so extremely risky as if IG hammered there then the point of me "fake claiming cop" would of just don't nothing.

*would just have done

but... yes, I didn't even think of that, but if IG hammered you then giving you town cred doesn't do anything. duh.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 06, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »

actually, this makes the faust/Hydrad narrative crumble.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 06, 2015, 07:58:18 pm »

actually, this makes the faust/Hydrad narrative crumble.
Which is exactly what faust wanted.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.