Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18  All

Author Topic: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 43144 times)

xxpittip

• View Profile
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2015, 09:58:20 am »

I'm not sure about ADK trying too hard. This is pretty much the same thing as someone asking you something that they could just as well google and the existence of lmgtfy.com (let me google that for you) proves that this happens quite often.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2015, 10:02:46 am »

You find it surprising that I went "closed setup, rules of mafia, yeah I've played a bunch of games I know all this"?

I don't think it's surprising that you didn't click on the link to the rules of mafia. I think it's surprising that you didn't read the changes and additions to the rules of mafia, which you wouldn't know before reading them.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2015, 10:14:48 am »

I skimmed it, and nothing stood out as being unusual. When I got a QT I was like "huh, that's odd." So I asked about it.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2015, 10:18:21 am »

You find it surprising that I went "closed setup, rules of mafia, yeah I've played a bunch of games I know all this"?

FWIW this is exactly what I did, and had ADK not brought it up, I would have assumed only PRs had a QT (in fact I initially thought I could do the protecting thing in the QT, but no dice).

I'm null on ADK for this, I could easily see him do that in both alignments, and it didn't stand out to me at all.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2015, 10:43:41 am »

I skimmed it, and nothing stood out as being unusual. When I got a QT I was like "huh, that's odd." So I asked about it.

I guess that makes sense.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2015, 09:00:05 pm »

Sorry guys, I'll have to get back to this tomorrow. I've been too worn out to think the past couple of days. I have tomorrow off from work, so I'll be able to do more.
oh

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2015, 09:26:13 pm »

I don't find ADK asking whether or not people got a QT to be scummy. Him specifically mentioning Town players, however, is a little weird.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2015, 09:29:51 pm »

I don't find ADK asking whether or not people got a QT to be scummy. Him specifically mentioning Town players, however, is a little weird.

You think he was trying to get Towncred?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2015, 09:41:35 pm »

You think he was trying to get Towncred?
I'm not sure what he would be trying to get, he just seemed like he was trying to hard to appear Town. Like, instead of just asking "Did everyone else get a QT?", he had to mention that he was Town.

Certainly not a slam dunk, but besides Teproc's claim and the Awaclus case, nothing else has really jumped out to me.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2015, 09:58:00 pm »

Well it would be doubly weird for scum players to have their own QTs in addition to the scum QT. But I guess the OP suggests that that's what Silverspawn did.

Also I find it a bit suspicious that what's "jumped out" to Arch are the cases against the two people who are voting for him.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2015, 11:06:19 pm »

Archetype: Can you explain what you mean by "trying too hard"?
oh

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2015, 11:15:57 pm »

Instead of just asking "Hey, did anyone else receive a QT?", ADK decided to also mention that he was Town. To me, that seems to me like trying too hard to appear Town by explicitly stating that he is Town.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2015, 11:16:25 pm »

Well it would be doubly weird for scum players to have their own QTs in addition to the scum QT. But I guess the OP suggests that that's what Silverspawn did.

Also I find it a bit suspicious that what's "jumped out" to Arch are the cases against the two people who are voting for him.
Well, besides the players I mentioned, what has jumped out to you?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2015, 06:26:21 am »

Instead of just asking "Hey, did anyone else receive a QT?", ADK decided to also mention that he was Town. To me, that seems to me like trying too hard to appear Town by explicitly stating that he is Town.

Oh I like that point.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2015, 06:35:27 am »

I'm not voting for Arch.

Hydrad, that's not a "point", that's the entire case... why were you voting against ADK before ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2015, 07:14:51 am »

I'm not voting for Arch.

Hydrad, that's not a "point", that's the entire case... why were you voting against ADK before ?

Pretty much just gut feeling.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2015, 10:06:53 am »

Unvote: Jimmmmm
Vote: Archetype

I'm not buying it. He didn't notice it at all until I posted it, then jumped on it and tried to give it his own spin despite showing that he didn't notice it until I did. It feels wrong.
oh

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2015, 11:11:51 am »

That I made a case against you earlier, and instead of responding to it you're attacking me for something unrelated and kind of silly. And that Hydrad is sheeping you hardcore.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2015, 11:42:14 am »

That I made a case against you earlier, and instead of responding to it you're attacking me for something unrelated and kind of silly. And that Hydrad is sheeping you hardcore.
I looked back at your posts and couldn't find what case you were referring to. Can you point me to it?

Unvote: Jimmmmm
Vote: Archetype

I'm not buying it. He didn't notice it at all until I posted it, then jumped on it and tried to give it his own spin despite showing that he didn't notice it until I did. It feels wrong.
I'm not sure what you mean. I think I put the same 'spin' on it as you did. Ok. Just checked and, yeah, it's pretty much what you originally said. I only picked it out because I hadn't noticed it before. Then I had 2 people sheep the point, but I didn't vote him for it...it was seriously just something I found interesting that I hadn't noticed before and felt I should give my opinion on it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2015, 02:14:55 pm »

I'm trying to figure out what to make of Archetype here. I'm thinking possibly scummy. He's posting a lot, gives a reads list right away, is taking a stance that is noticeable but not too aggressive.

Yeah, I like vote: archetype

This is less substantial than I remembered, but you giving a reads list right off the bat, and unprompted, seemed a little scummy to me. Like "oh, I better make sure I get some opinions out there so I look towny," but in a fake kind of way.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2015, 10:41:37 pm »

Okay, here's the issues I have with Archetype's play right now.

1. Awaclus votes him and makes a case. Archetype's response? Completely ignored it. After Teproc votes Awaclus and states that he's basically taking Archetype's side in that engagement, he decides that's a good time to engage.
2. Directly affiliated with the above: he goes into his read on Teproc again here, but the way he goes about it is bizarre. He admits immediately that it could have been done from town or mafia, but goes into a lengthy explanation as to why it's anti-town. This in itself wouldn't be scummy, but he has stated recently that the only thing about Teproc that stood out was the claim and another separate post stated that Teproc is his biggest scumread. This is not only being wishy washy, but it feels like it was manufactured to try to keep Teproc from turning on him while keeping his lynch options open.

Those two points, when put together, make me think he's more concerned about his self-image than scumhunting.

3. Minor point, but it bugs me how he knows he got sheeped, but doesn't show any reaction to it whatsoever. It looks more like he wanted to distance himself from a wagon he started after it got going, but didn't want to actively try to sabotage it.

EDIT: This is like the 8th time I've screwed up the verification key since the game began. This site is really good at putting lines through in the worst spots ._.
oh

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2015, 05:42:44 am »

Meh. I mean it's not a bad case, but I'm not convinced, I'd much rather lynch Awaclus or Jimmmmm.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2015, 05:45:43 am »

Meh. I mean it's not a bad case, but I'm not convinced, I'd much rather lynch Awaclus or Jimmmmm.

Why Jimmm? Just because he did his annoying vote on me?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2015, 07:42:14 am »

Vote Count 1.5

Teproc (2): Pit, Archetype
Archetype (3): Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel, CalignoBot
Hydrad (1): Jimmmmm
Awaclus (1): Teproc
A Drowned Kernel (2): Hydrad, littleB

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 6. Feb, 6 AM Forum time

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2015, 08:28:31 am »

If it's not a bad case, why lynch me?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.856 seconds with 20 queries.