Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45  All

Author Topic: M55: Mafia Holiday! - Town Wins!  (Read 102591 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M55: Mafia Holiday! - Day 1 - PM for speccy
« Reply #450 on: December 24, 2014, 11:13:21 pm »

Alright, I reread the earlier chunks of posts.  I want to vote Chairs, but honestly scum most likely checks their PM/setup before making a PM-based accusation like that.  This is mitigated by the self vote, which is sometimes a desperate scum attempt to emulate what town does (hi PPS).

ADK is probably town.  I agree with what he's been saying.

Ash is probably town.

Silver is probably town but needs to cut the hell out of the silly voting.  If we can't tell whether or not your vote counts we can't accurately deduce information or make decisions.  Most antitown thing I've seen in Mafia thus far.  Silver could be going for the "too anti town/scummy to be scum" but I'm inclined to think not here.

I understand the scum reads on Joseph, he was coming off super hedgey.    But new players do that.  I still don't want to lynch him today.

Gut instinct Hydrad is likely town here.  First time ever, so consider this your Christmas present.

Sudgy I still feel good about, and I now think Faust is scummy.  Partly because his reads are opposite mine as I'm reading, and more partly because he's done quite a bit of averting lynches (Chairs, Sudgy).  A lot of confident "this lynch is bad, this lynch is good," stuff.  This is a bit of a combination of white knighting and spreading confusion, as it's hard to pin a partner on you when you've been directing lynches too/from multiple people of different alignments.

I have no idea if that above makes sense, but I'm okay with that.

That new guy that has something that in my memory is a bee I don't think is scummy, but he never answered why he was defending pre-claim Joseph. 

Anyone else in this game?  Oh, Awaclus.  I have nothing there.. seems reasonable, I like his reads from memory.  Null to townish.

I want to lynch Sudgy or Faust.  I want to want to lynch Chairs, but probably not.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 24, 2014, 11:19:25 pm »

Also, I like that I've been honored to people's "not lynching D1" status. 

Also, EgorK is in the game.  I didn't like the arguments he made, which makes me see him as a bit scummy, but town can make arguments I don't like too.  I'd be okay with lynching him.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 24, 2014, 11:39:17 pm »

Probably doesn't help us much though, as I'm now going to get Nightkilled. :( at least if you don't lynch me, the chance of hitting scum is higher (3/11 not 3/12)- there are 3 scum, right?

Read this and the few posts preceding it.  This just isn't how fake claims feel.

Vote: Faust

with an honorable mention to EgorK.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 25, 2014, 01:06:04 am »

I just got a PS4 for Christmas. Yay, I can't play Destiny because Lizard Squad. I'm furious. Curse them. My PS4 is a glowing brick right now because I cannot connect to the PSN.

Whitherweaver, I stated my reasonings for why Joseph was innocent. I don't think I need to repeat it. Perhaps clarify.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 25, 2014, 01:16:11 am »

I like that post by WW and am going to give him town points. Not "100% town" or anything but town points.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 25, 2014, 03:32:45 am »

I just got a PS4 for Christmas. Yay, I can't play Destiny because Lizard Squad. I'm furious. Curse them. My PS4 is a glowing brick right now because I cannot connect to the PSN.

Whitherweaver, I stated my reasonings for why Joseph was innocent. I don't think I need to repeat it. Perhaps clarify.

I also got a PS4 for Christmas!  I'm playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, though.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 25, 2014, 04:29:17 am »

Sudgy I still feel good about, and I now think Faust is scummy.  Partly because his reads are opposite mine as I'm reading, and more partly because he's done quite a bit of averting lynches (Chairs, Sudgy).  A lot of confident "this lynch is bad, this lynch is good," stuff.  This is a bit of a combination of white knighting and spreading confusion, as it's hard to pin a partner on you when you've been directing lynches too/from multiple people of different alignments.

"His reads are different" is a horrible reason to lynch someone.And I've done a lot of averting lynches because the cases were silly. You even agree that the chairs case waas bad, and sudgy, man, I have no idea why you think he is scum. Just look at this post. I don't think scum!sudgy makes such posts.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 25, 2014, 04:31:45 am »

omgusvote: WW but really we should lynch Joseph today.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 25, 2014, 04:33:08 am »

Also, EgorK is in the game.  I didn't like the arguments he made, which makes me see him as a bit scummy, but town can make arguments I don't like too.  I'd be okay with lynching him.

Which arguments are you referring to?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 25, 2014, 11:20:55 am »

I missed it; I'll reread.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 25, 2014, 11:21:18 am »

I like that post by WW and am going to give him town points. Not "100% town" or anything but town points.

It must be Christmas.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 25, 2014, 11:38:04 am »

Which arguments are you referring to?

Basically all that he's posted:

Vote: seprix

It can be natural mistake or scum hoping someone'll derp. At the very least it is most scummy thing happened so far

Vote: seprix

It can be natural mistake or scum hoping someone'll derp. At the very least it is most scummy thing happened so far

That's the only post by Egor so far, I think.

Request prod on EgorK

sudgy and WW are also absent, but at least they've announced VLA.

Not true, but my other posts were about flavor mishup, so not so releveant now

Should've announced about my limited availability this weekend

As of now I content with where my vote is. I understand that that may be newb mistake. It can be faked newb mistake as well, coached in qt. And I do not see anything more convincing. Faust case is plausible, but I am not ready to vote there yet

PPE: 3

I actually start to like Joseph lynch after some thought. I think unexpirienced player is more likely to claim PR as scum. Also his PR likely would not be wasted even if he is town

Vote count please?

It's not so much that I disagree with the "arguments" as the justification doesn't sound genuine.  I'm not sure what is going on with the Seprix thing.  I don't see how what he's done counts as "newb mistake", let alone "coached newb mistake".  I'm not sure what the mistake was.. putting Ash at L-1?  I can't imagine a discussion in a scum QT going "Yeah, if a wagon ramps up be sure to jump on at L-1 unannounced." 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 25, 2014, 11:41:59 am »

"His reads are different" is a horrible reason to lynch someone.And I've done a lot of averting lynches because the cases were silly. You even agree that the chairs case waas bad, and sudgy, man, I have no idea why you think he is scum. Just look at this post. I don't think scum!sudgy makes such posts.

I don't get the same thing that you do from that Sudgy post.  But maybe I haven't seen a lot of scum!Sudgy.  I actually don't really agree that the Chairs case was bad, just incorrect.  If it wasn't for my thinking that he wouldn't come out with that accusation in the first place as scum, I'd vote for him. 

Thinking someone is scum is a fine reason to lynch someone.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 25, 2014, 12:11:46 pm »

It's not so much that I disagree with the "arguments" as the justification doesn't sound genuine.  I'm not sure what is going on with the Seprix thing.  I don't see how what he's done counts as "newb mistake", let alone "coached newb mistake".  I'm not sure what the mistake was.. putting Ash at L-1?  I can't imagine a discussion in a scum QT going "Yeah, if a wagon ramps up be sure to jump on at L-1 unannounced."

But why? This can induce derp and there is always defence "but I did not know this should be announced". In a game I played on other site newb mafia just qh and survived that with this exact argument

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 25, 2014, 03:48:57 pm »

But why? This can induce derp and there is always defence "but I did not know this should be announced". In a game I played on other site newb mafia just qh and survived that with this exact argument

I see this as really unlikely without day chat.  New scum is very very very rarely that ballsy, and no one will buy it from experienced scum.  Planning for possibility of derphammer chance is not something you talk about Night 0 in scum QT.

(Note to self: try this next scum game.)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 25, 2014, 05:14:59 pm »

I don't like that sudgy wagon at all. What chairs pointed out was really nothing scummy, but somehow it managed to draw a lot of votes.

Agreed.  I felt it was slightly scummy, but not "pile on wagon" scummy.  unvote.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 25, 2014, 05:27:38 pm »

It is Thursday. We have until Saturday. We must decide.

Other news: I haven't been able to play my PS4 for 24 hours now, because I have to log in PSN to play anything, except I can't, because DDoS attacks by Script Kiddies. Gosh. If it's going to be like this forever with gaming consoles, I'm just going to go buy the Wii U, because at least they don't have required online service to play ANYTHING.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 25, 2014, 05:37:04 pm »

It is Thursday. We have until Saturday. We must decide.

I agree, but on the other hand, we don't want to rush the decision, and make the wrong one, after all, most current voters seem to be in favour of killing the only know town member, and hoping that my skills pass to another person, which isn't certain, and I still maintain is a bad move.

On the other hand, it's Christmas Day, so don't expect people to be online.

Sidenote: Online for about an hour, then away for another 24.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #468 on: December 25, 2014, 05:46:14 pm »

I want to lynch sudgy or faust.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 25, 2014, 05:52:31 pm »

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 25, 2014, 06:12:54 pm »

No.

I'm not feeling these particularly either?

faust and I have had lots of conversation/argument here, but I feel he wouldn't have been doing it so much if he was scum. Not sure where the sudgy wagon suddenly appeared from, there was one post where he implied he believed me, then someone voted for him, and then everyone did. Severe lack of evidence that he's actually scummy, IMO.

Still think we should lynch a lurker, they get ignored for wagons too easily, and my gut is telling me there's scum there.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #471 on: December 25, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »

No.

Yes I do. I'm also fine with you or EgorK.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 25, 2014, 07:46:33 pm »

Hmm, okay. I see where you're coming from. Egor might be an okay lynch, but not nearly as good as Joseph.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 25, 2014, 08:07:59 pm »

want to lynch: Awaclus, EgorK
don't care: WW, Seprix, chairs, Joseph
don't want to lynch: faust, sudgy, ashersky

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 25, 2014, 08:25:03 pm »

Vote: EgorK
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.