Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45  All

Author Topic: M55: Mafia Holiday! - Town Wins!  (Read 102871 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M55: Mafia Holiday! - Day 1 - PM for speccy
« Reply #200 on: December 20, 2014, 06:14:29 pm »

VOTE: Faust

I'm with you on this.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 20, 2014, 07:45:52 pm »

I'm okay with vote: faust
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 20, 2014, 08:07:22 pm »

faust - looks to me wanting more information/discussion, which is a good town thing.

Having reread, I would like to correct this. Whilst he is looking for more interaction, his interaction with chairs seems weird, as he seems pretty sure chairs is town, contrary to many of us- how can he be so sure? Also, the interaction with sudgy was a bit strange too. Also, he's voted for me with no real justification. Really am thinking he could be scum.

At the moment, my main scum candidates would be chairs or faust, then one of the lurkers (I think there's probably a scum lurker) or silverspawn (his voting thing is weird, could be a scum thing, although less convinced than chairs/faust reads).

Happy to keep my vote on chairs for now though, chairs & faust would be my top 2 choices to lynch.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2014, 08:36:16 pm »

Joseph's last post: "oh hey, there's a wagon I'd like to jump. Crap, I put him down as a town read. Well, let's hedge a bit..."

More in my defense later when I have more time. I am hurt that Awaclus seems to think silver's scum play is better than this, but mine isn't.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2014, 11:31:23 pm »

Joseph's last post: "oh hey, there's a wagon I'd like to jump. Crap, I put him down as a town read. Well, let's hedge a bit..."

More in my defense later when I have more time. I am hurt that Awaclus seems to think silver's scum play is better than this, but mine isn't.

don't worry, not everyone can be as good as me :)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2014, 11:36:29 pm »

on a more serious note, I don't really think faust is scummy

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2014, 01:03:25 am »

I do. I have this theory that Sudgy and Faust are both scum based on their words that they've posted. Sudgy voted for Faust then immediately switched his vote mid post to someone else, making me think that Faust and Sudgy are both scum.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2014, 01:36:33 am »

I do. I have this theory that Sudgy and Faust are both scum based on their words that they've posted. Sudgy voted for Faust then immediately switched his vote mid post to someone else, making me think that Faust and Sudgy are both scum.

If I ever vote someone midpost and change, I'm trying to make a statement.  I rarely ever think while I'm typing (there are exceptions, but it's not much).

I support a faust lynch, but still prefer chairs.  I would make a case, but I need to get to bed and then I'm V/LA for a couple days...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2014, 01:44:06 am »

If I ever vote someone midpost and change, I'm trying to make a statement.  I rarely ever think while I'm typing (there are exceptions, but it's not much).

I support a faust lynch, but still prefer chairs.  I would make a case, but I need to get to bed and then I'm V/LA for a couple days...

Then we can look at the possibility of lynching chairs next round. Let's Faust this.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2014, 01:47:51 am »

let's... not do either.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2014, 02:56:02 am »

I'm not saying yours isn't, but in the only finished game I've played, silverspawn was scum and played really well and you weren't, so I don't really know how you play as scum. Like this, maybe?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2014, 04:12:29 am »

No wait, is yours really even bad scum play? There isn't a clear scum narrative for you, mostly just the weird votes for Joseph and sudgy, it wouldn't take much to convince me that someone else is scummier than you. And I certainly didn't say that you've been playing scum badly or anything. I think that this reaction is probably scummy; town wouldn't necessarily read that much into it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2014, 05:54:06 am »

Err... can you quote the post where this happened?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2014, 06:04:39 am »

I'm not saying yours isn't, but in the only finished game I've played, silverspawn was scum and played really well and you weren't, so I don't really know how you play as scum. Like this, maybe?

Isn't this super disingenuous given you were his silver's scum partner?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:48 am »

In what way?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2014, 06:42:36 am »

In what way?

Your opinion of the way Silver plays scum isn't the same as a townie's.  Basically we can't trust it.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2014, 07:03:50 am »

Yeah, I think vote: Joseph is not at all the worst course of action.

yay for stuff happening!

I like Vote: Joseph after rereading the past page.

Why? I don't think anyone has been very towny so far, so I'm not really against lynching anyone at this point, but when one player pseudo-votes for someone without actually voting for them or giving any reasons for it and then immediately there are two others who somehow just agree with that and actually vote too, it feels pretty weird. I would be inclined to say that silverspawn plays scum better than this, so mostly his pseudo-voting just annoys me rather than makes me think he's scum, but both faust and Hydrad are suspicious here.

Vote: faust

So, Joseph. He's scummy because I think the whole chairs wagon was scummy. chairs has done weird stuff, yes. How often does scum do weird stuff? It's much more likely that scum play calm and collected. ADK was also pushing chairs, but at least he seemed genuinely convinced, unlike Joseph, who just looked hedgy.

There's also a general thing that in the last game I played with Joseph, I thought he was townie pretty quickly (and correctly so), and I'm not getting that vibe here at all.

His latest reverting his read on me is just the icing on the cake. I would think more experienced players wouldnt do such an obvious move as scum, but Joseph is still newbie.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2014, 07:04:50 am »

Err... can you quote the post where this happened?

This wasn't exactly how it happened. The sudgy interaction was this:

Oh, and vote: sudgy for continuing a now useless cluttering flavor discussion.

he wasn't the only one continuing the flavour discussion, so why vote him?

But I had previously said I thought you were scummy, for defending chairs, who I also thought was scummy (and the sudgy thing). I should have thought more before doing my list.

That said, all my scum ideas are pretty weak, I'm definitely unsure about just about everyone.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2014, 07:57:19 am »

Oh, and vote: sudgy for continuing a now useless cluttering flavor discussion.

he wasn't the only one continuing the flavour discussion, so why vote him?

Well, I can't vote everyone, can I? And sudgy had the least content otherwise, and at the time probably when I read sudgy's post I was at the point of being annoyed.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2014, 08:19:13 am »

Vote: seprix

It can be natural mistake or scum hoping someone'll derp. At the very least it is most scummy thing happened so far

That's the only post by Egor so far, I think.

Request prod on EgorK

sudgy and WW are also absent, but at least they've announced VLA.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2014, 08:51:06 am »

Your opinion of the way Silver plays scum isn't the same as a townie's.  Basically we can't trust it.

Why not? It should be obvious to everyone that he played the game well and that he's playing this game very differently.

So, Joseph. He's scummy because I think the whole chairs wagon was scummy. chairs has done weird stuff, yes. How often does scum do weird stuff? It's much more likely that scum play calm and collected. ADK was also pushing chairs, but at least he seemed genuinely convinced, unlike Joseph, who just looked hedgy.

There's also a general thing that in the last game I played with Joseph, I thought he was townie pretty quickly (and correctly so), and I'm not getting that vibe here at all.

His latest reverting his read on me is just the icing on the cake. I would think more experienced players wouldnt do such an obvious move as scum, but Joseph is still newbie.

Makes sense now. Actually I'm going to vote: Joseph now.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2014, 11:29:23 am »

Just to be clear, now we're agreed that my wagon is scummy?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2014, 12:55:57 pm »

some of my feelings, based on feelings

ADK - I don't think I've ever seen scum!ADK, so no idea. more towny than not towny.
Joseph2302 - scummy. he feels very different than in his last game (where I thought he was scum but he wasn't). He could just have changed his style, but he could also just be scum
faust - is making a lot of sense. town.
Awaclus - I'm leaning scum, but it's awaclus. I think he's different than he was in fish mafia, but I was his partner there, so... I'll reread him at some point.
sudgy - sudgy is in this game? let's lynch the lurkers, vote: Sudgork
oh and I see that he wants to lynch faust and chairs, which are both bad targets. bad sudgy.
Witherweaver - 3 posts. well. at least he announced VLA
Hydrad - as always that remains a secret
EgorK - lurkylurk
chairs - I'm leaning town. I haven't seen active!scum!chairs yet, but I do think his wagon is way more scummy than he is.
Seprix - looks more like noob!town!seprix than noob!scum!seprix
ashersky - totally null, could easily be scum. whatever. day 1 pass for being a strong town player.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2014, 12:59:16 pm »

my lynch pool for today is lurkers ∪ Joseph ∪ Awaclus. the first set is currently Sudgork and WW, but that could change.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2014, 01:02:28 pm »

also dim dim dim dadum
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.