Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 547613 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 1 - PM me for Speccy QT)
« Reply #1125 on: July 03, 2014, 04:41:47 pm »

Edit: XerxesPraelor has been attacked by the Troll.
Score: 640

Hydrad plays 7
Score: 810 689

here

yeah.  I wish we had recalled how his roll got negated after the troll attack before mail-mi went and wasted the double play after he had been attacked.  My guess is scum can target a player for the creature to attack?  But interesting that this targeting (if that is even what it is) occurred at different times D1 and now on D2.  I am not ready to call mail-mi scummy because he overlooked that though.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 03, 2014, 04:44:30 pm »

Hydrad plays 7

here

yeah.  I wish we had recalled how his roll got negated after the troll attack before mail-mi went and wasted the double play after he had been attacked.  My guess is scum can target a player for the creature to attack?  But interesting that this targeting (if that is even what it is) occurred at different times D1 and now on D2.  I am not ready to call mail-mi scummy because he overlooked that though.
Well especially considering earlier how people were finding others scum for actually reading the opening post and knowing the Orc's health--yeah that was just weird. I think knowing or not knowing stuff about this setup is a null-tell, mostly because it is pretty complicated and there's a lot going on.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 03, 2014, 04:46:28 pm »

Hydrad plays 7

here

But we don't know for sure. In xerxes situation his was rerolled where mails was just cancelled. I'm guessing every monster has a different power.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1128 on: July 03, 2014, 05:12:43 pm »

Just did a 5 page catch up. Driving 500 miles first time with the 8 week old baby and it is hell and hell over again. Interesting things but cannot think right now. About to strike out for the 2nd half of the drive.

I suppose for now Unvote
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 03, 2014, 05:18:11 pm »

Here's a plan:

e targets pingpongsam tonight. If he doesn't get any dice, we can confirm PPS is out of dice. If PPS is really out of dice, he is basically confirmed town, because why would scum reduce their own dice? If e does get dice, PPS is lying scum.

In the meantime, we lynch someone else. I propose WW.

Vote: Witherweaver

There are a lot of variables at play with this plan. Either e or PPS could get NK'd. e might be the thief, claimed to have targeted PPS and then we could end up with someone else that had dice stolen and e could say that he targeted PPS.

PPE: 4
Agree with this, there are so many ways that this could go wrong. Scum could totally use up all of their dice on purpose. E's target could be tampered with, maybe a bus driver or something. I'd rather just lynch pps.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 03, 2014, 05:34:27 pm »

If WW were scum, I would be shocked. From what I understand, WW is scum pretty much every game he is in, so for once, he has to be town just based on the law of averages. I just don't see WW being scum this game.
is this serious?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 03, 2014, 05:39:26 pm »

lio, I am not sure. Slight scum read. He just seems to be trying to blend in. That is something I can imagine scum trying to do. So, I am actually thinking he has the best chance at being scum.

Based on that, I think lio seems the best lynch candidate. Chairs and Ash are up there, as well. I will vote lio for now because I think he has the best chance of coming up scum, but I will switch to chairs or Ash if players feel those two are scummier.

Vote: lio
come on. How exactly am I trying to blend in? Is there something I am doing to achieve this that others aren't?

by the way, you essentially say "I will vote for someone else if they are more likely to be lynched". I know this isn't exactly what you say, but the meaning is similar. This is a scummy post, and you are putting your vote on me to put it somewhere, while you wait for there to be somewhere to move it to.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 03, 2014, 05:41:06 pm »

Has everyone rolled? Is it worth making them roll, play a 4 or something in case somebody is rerolled?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 03, 2014, 05:42:31 pm »

lio, I am not sure. Slight scum read. He just seems to be trying to blend in. That is something I can imagine scum trying to do. So, I am actually thinking he has the best chance at being scum.

Based on that, I think lio seems the best lynch candidate. Chairs and Ash are up there, as well. I will vote lio for now because I think he has the best chance of coming up scum, but I will switch to chairs or Ash if players feel those two are scummier.

come on. How exactly am I trying to blend in? Is there something I am doing to achieve this that others aren't?

by the way, you essentially say "I will vote for someone else if they are more likely to be lynched". I know this isn't exactly what you say, but the meaning is similar. This is a scummy post, and you are putting your vote on me to put it somewhere, while you wait for there to be somewhere to move it to.

I don't see how that is scummy. I voted for you because you seem most likely scum. However, the other players I also mentioned give me a scummy vibe, so if for some reason, the other players started voting for the other two players I mentioned, I would change my vote. I was putting it out there now that I found those other players scummy but got the strongest scum vibe from you.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 03, 2014, 05:42:52 pm »

Has everyone rolled? Is it worth making them roll, play a 4 or something in case somebody is rerolled?

Ichi has the reroll ability. There is no point in having the other players roll.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 03, 2014, 05:44:35 pm »

In other words, I have no trouble voting for Ash or chairs.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 03, 2014, 05:45:36 pm »

You, ash, and chairs are my top scum picks.

e was up there, but I am starting to believe his claim a little more after thinking things through and also after ichi claimed.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 03, 2014, 05:47:36 pm »

okay, that's fine, but the way you said it originally suggested otherwise. And you still haven't explained:

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 03, 2014, 05:48:32 pm »

It seems that some people are forgetting that:
Unless stated otherwise, all roles and parts of roles are assigned completely randomly and independently of alignment.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 03, 2014, 05:49:00 pm »

Ok.  I have finished rereading the thread.  Yay for not having any work to do this afternoon.  (well, at least nothing that couldn't be put off until Tuesday after the holiday).

Reads post (post counts are through 1098, when I started writing this post):

ashersky- 56 posts.  Had a great response to the hammer in 960.  I am getting a towny feeling from him right now.  I like the hammer gambit that he played, and don't think he would have done that as scum.  Maybe on a later day if scum were doing well, but on D1 after town had just defeated the monster?  I don't think so.

chairs- 25 posts all game.  So fairly inactive.  His overall play has seemed towny to me, but we need more interaction.  The biggest things about him right now:  He is against claiming and he had a semi-suspicious post about Voltaire.  I don't think either of these are reasons to suspect that he is scum.

e- town thief.  Kind of like a Robin Hood.  I steal from the rich for the benefit of the poor.  Well, the people I steal from don't necessarily have to be rich, but it really is for the benefit of the group.  And Faust, that is all I really feel like expanding on my role right now.

mail-mi- 29 posts.  Not very active.  Votes Voltaire for not rolling a 5.  Had this super-secret power that made him not want to roll D1, then gets 2 plays D2.  Seems like a useful power, but if it had cumulative effect I think he should have waited as long as possible before playing so long as the monster was already defeated.  (like if he were able to play 3 dice tomorrow)  But he rolled today and played and his dice didn't count presumably because of the attack on him.  I could see this as a very clever scum ploy or town who made a mistake.  Right now I lean town on mail-mi.

faust- 146 posts.  Very active.  Very bossy too.  But I like bossy, take charge kind of players.  They make the game more fun.  It is a total null read on town/scum, but it makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.  Overall, I am slightly suspicious of him, but nothing actionable and I also have a soft spot for people who are super active.

XerxesPraelor- 48 posts.  He had what I view as a suspicious vote for Voltaire, but upon rereading his posts I get a pretty decent town vibe from him. 

Witherweaver- 169 posts.  So very active.  No one has brought any super serious cases against him, and he has been scum in like every single game, so while the Law of Averages is crap, as Faust and WW both mentioned, I do think he is town.

Beyond Awesome- 99 posts.  I get a scummy feeling from him. Throws out a nice 12 for some good town cred D1.  He does put Voltaire at L-3, but that is a middle-of-the-wagon spot and is a null tell.  Has some dice lost/stolen/destroyed N1.  I did not steal dice from BA.  As yuma posted in the claim, I stole from Box both N0 and N1.  So either there is another person who can steal/destroy dice, or BA is lying.  However, since PPS and Box lost dice from N0, I tend to think there are multiple dice thieves/destroyers.  I still get a scummy feeling from BA though.

Ichimaru Gin- 101 posts.  I was leaning town, then he claimed.  I totally believe the claim.  I also think he is town.  If you couldn't already tell.

liopoil- 64 posts.  towny.  Because of this, this, this, this, this, and this.

Hydrad- 73 posts.  New town.  I like that he started the wagon on Voltaire, and I have liked his play so far and think he is town.

pingpongsam- 102 posts.  Has an "anti-town" power and claims to be the SwindlerHad half of his dice stolen D1.  With all of that said, he is town.  He spotted Voltaire as possible scum very early.  His vote was a confirmation of that earlier read.  And while I am not so sure that his method (whatever it is) is actually flawless and I disagree with him about Ash, I do think he is town.

Summary:

Scummy: BA
null/scum: chairs, mail-mi, Faust
null/town: Liopoil, WW, XP, Ash
town: PPS, Ichi, Hydrad, and clearly e
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: July 03, 2014, 05:53:15 pm »

okay, that's fine, but the way you said it originally suggested otherwise. And you still haven't explained:

I guess you have not really said anything or done anything that stands out to me. That's what I mean.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 03, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »

Just FYI, I will be V/LA for 'Murica's birthday as I will be spending the weekend (starting tonight) with my girlfriend's family, far from my sweet, sweet computer.

I will try to read from my phone but I make no guarantees.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 03, 2014, 07:14:49 pm »

Play: 1
obvscum! He was scum the last time he did this!!

In other news, e looks like town, and so do faust and ichimaru gin. But I already had those latter two reads.

pps on the other hand, looks like scum. mail-mi, beyond awesome, and ashersky do too, but to a lesser extent.

Oh, and a bit on a townread on Hydrad for his interactions with faust.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 03, 2014, 07:38:02 pm »

My top 3 scum reads right now are BA ww and pps.

I also still kinda suspect Asher but apparently this is how he can normally play so he's really hard for me to read
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 03, 2014, 07:42:14 pm »

I also still kinda suspect Asher but apparently this is how he can normally play so he's really hard for me to read
Well, it sort of is how he normally plays. Sometimes he is even more crazy.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 03, 2014, 07:45:41 pm »

Ichi, why not reroll a low roller day 1?  Even if Faust is scum, why would rerolling his dice be good?  Shouldn't killing the Troll have been your first priority?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 03, 2014, 07:48:54 pm »

Ichi, why not reroll a low roller day 1?  Even if Faust is scum, why would rerolling his dice be good?  Shouldn't killing the Troll have been your first priority?

While I agree that this can seem scummy the fact that he claimed today when he could of just stayed hidden and have a really high chance of making it so that we couldn't kill the monster makes him town for me.

I think he mentioned something about not fully inderstanding his power at first though

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 03, 2014, 07:55:12 pm »

Ichi I have a question just for curiosities sake. Could you reroll a die that someone stored and then played?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 03, 2014, 07:57:11 pm »

Hydrad is correct. At that point, I understood less of the effects of how my powers work. Of course, I should have waited and used it on a low roller--like Voltaire or some such. Of course it makes no sense for scum!me to reroll faust (which makes him look townier) just because I was arguing with him. Me having a strong scumread on him at the time for tunneling me was a big part of why I rerolled him though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 03, 2014, 07:58:54 pm »

Ichi I have a question just for curiosities sake. Could you reroll a die that someone stored and then played?
Um. That's a good question. I'd tend to think not, since I think I can only reroll dice that were rolled on that particular day. (also, my power only works during day). And checking yeah, it only works if the play I target actually rolled dice on the actual day. So maybe if you rolled a die, stored it and then played it...I'm not sure. Maybe I'll post the question in my qt.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.304 seconds with 20 queries.