Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 74  All

Author Topic: M43: Monsters University Mafia (SK (Delirious Deleuze) Wins!)  (Read 246265 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 5 Underway!)
« Reply #1525 on: June 11, 2014, 03:20:43 pm »

I don't see any difference in Archetype investigating me over you in the case that we lynch faust.
It doesn't matter if you see a difference. I do. I'd much rather lynch Faust, but if EFHW prefers you and you won't move your vote, then we'll lynch you instead.
We lynch faust. Me, you EFHW on the wagon, you investigate me? I'm failing to see why that's better than we lynch faust. DD, EFHW, you, and you investigate DD.

Explain that to me please.
The difference is that you are more likely SK and more likely to have Investigation Immunity. It's a very minor thing, but very easily preventable. Your turning it into a bigger deal, which makes me think you have Investigation Immuntiy is more likely true.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 11, 2014, 03:22:56 pm »

But either one of has investigation immunity or we don't, doesn't matter who you investigate.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 11, 2014, 03:23:56 pm »

If I'm the sk with investigative immunity, you'd get town on either me or dd
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 11, 2014, 03:33:00 pm »

If I'm the sk with investigative immunity, you'd get town on either me or dd
But I'm not looking for town results, I'm looking for scum results. And if Faust is a HC like I think he is, that would make you the SK. And since SK's almost always have II, I'm better off looking for a scum result in DD because I'm unlikely to find it in you since you'd be protected. And if I get a Town result, I'd trust it more since DD is unlikely to be a SK.

In other words, I'm pretty certain you're scum and if you aren't lynched today I'll be pushin for your lynch tommorow unless my investigation persuades me to do otherwise.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: June 11, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »

Ok sure, I'll let dd help lynch Faust if you can get him to do so again. I'll unvote, whatever.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: June 11, 2014, 03:37:55 pm »

But my primary goal is to get Faust lynched.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 11, 2014, 03:39:13 pm »

Ok sure, I'll let dd help lynch Faust if you can get him to do so again. I'll unvote, whatever.

Yeah that won't happen. I think you're the SK and I'm not risking it

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 11, 2014, 03:40:10 pm »

This feels like classic scum being caught. You're tying to sound towns. I don't buy it. At all. You're scum

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 11, 2014, 03:40:36 pm »

This feels like classic scum being caught. You're tying to sound towns. I don't buy it. At all. You're scum

Sorry on phone

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: June 11, 2014, 03:43:09 pm »

I will do this ONLY if EFHW and Arch agree. Then I'll be on the wagon with them or not

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 11, 2014, 03:44:07 pm »

I will do this ONLY if EFHW and Arch agree. Then I'll be on the wagon with them or not

I mean yeah, they'd have to agree of course. How would this plan work otherwise?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 11, 2014, 03:45:46 pm »

I mean yeah, they'd have to agree of course. How would this plan work otherwise?

I only said that to show I'm vehemently against it, but will get on the wagon if they need me to to investigate me

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 11, 2014, 03:48:01 pm »

How so?

I have to say I'd be completely and utterly disappointed with my play this game if I was an sk. I implore you to look at my previous sk games and see how I cull those who disagree with me and keep those I can manipulate.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 11, 2014, 03:53:55 pm »

DD: Do you think I'm town?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 11, 2014, 03:56:33 pm »

DD: Do you think I'm town?

No, I'm not sure. That's why I want to lynch Axxel today.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 11, 2014, 03:58:01 pm »

How so?

I have to say I'd be completely and utterly disappointed with my play this game if I was an sk. I implore you to look at my previous sk games and see how I cull those who disagree with me and keep those I can manipulate.

Because you'd have nothing else left to do if you were scum, but that's null, so whatever.

And referring to your meta is pretty scummy. Scum specifically looks there so people don't figure out who there are and they change it

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: June 11, 2014, 04:11:54 pm »

How so?

Because you'd have nothing else left to do if you were scum, but that's null, so whatever.

And referring to your meta is pretty scummy. Scum specifically looks there so people don't figure out who there are and they change it
No, I wouldn't change my meta in this situation. Why? I had something that works. You don't throw away something that works so you can *maybe* go "well I'm playing different doop doop doop" later on down the line. That's a losing strategy.

It does make sense, though, if scum!faust targeted Arch. and sk!axxel targeted andrew. Axxel would want more people dead b/c he's the SK and he'd be hoping to not shoot the same person mafia shoots (arch or the IC.) It makes fair enough sense that he'd pick Andrew just because he'd assume mafia wouldn't target him and then there'd be too dead?
Don't say this and completely ignore that I killed yuma. If I want more death in the game I wouldn't shoot the dayvig that had a townread on me.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:35 pm »

Vote Count 5.8:

Axxle (1):  faust
faust (1):  Axxle

Not Voting (3):  EFHW, Arch, DD

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 5 ends on June 16 at 7:00 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: June 11, 2014, 08:30:39 pm »

scum!faust only has to have a partner if his is lying about his finding.

It's against everyone's wincon to kill Andrew.

I see that yuma did think you were town.  That's something to consider.

PPE: 41.  Posting anyway, hope you didn't lynch in the meantime!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: June 11, 2014, 08:34:12 pm »

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: June 11, 2014, 08:36:07 pm »

After thinking a while, I'm fairly convinced of Axxel being scum.

His main argument is that the kills don't line up with him, but I think we're all fairly certain he has to be a SK. Why would a two person scum team shoot Andrew? They're not scum hunting? That doesn't make sense.

It does make sense, though, if scum!faust targeted Arch. and sk!axxel targeted andrew. Axxel would want more people dead b/c he's the SK and he'd be hoping to not shoot the same person mafia shoots (arch or the IC.) It makes fair enough sense that he'd pick Andrew just because he'd assume mafia wouldn't target him and then there'd be too dead?

That's the only way I could think to explain it.

Scum!faust then would only have to pull a lynch over on me, pretty easy as seen in other games, and then he'd win.

That being said, Arch can confirm this tonight pretty easily. Axxel's flip is sure to be some form of scum.

responding as I go through - there are so many problems with this post.  1.  The nk argument has been SO done already, and DD doesn't really make a relevant point there. 2. DD is SURE Axxle is scum, but his explanation of the Andrew nk ends with "the only way I could think to explain it".  You can't use it for a rationale for a scum read if you have trouble coming up with a narrative that fits!  3.  Arch will most likely die tonight and we will never learn the results of his investigation.  Saying we can rely on him confirming something sounds like scum trying to mislead town.  4. Ending with "Axxle's flip sure to be some form of scum", but there hasn't actually been any argument in favor of that conclusion.

We have not been considering DD enough.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: June 11, 2014, 08:36:25 pm »

PPE: 41.
What... how... huh?

I started the post this afternoon, and came back to it now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 11, 2014, 08:46:37 pm »

And if I get lynched town loses, so... ?

But Faust has no incentive to lie if you're town... AND if faust and I were partners, we would have HAD to go after arch because he could have determined that faust was scum. Which means that can't be possible. The only way this works is if we had roleblock, but I don't see almost any evidence to support this. I also wanted to lynch faust and only changed because of what EFHW said.

Faust and Arch doesn't make sense because arch wouldn't have lied about faust.

Me and arch don't make sense because why would faust lie?

scum!faust has tons of incentive to lie if Axxle is town - to get a mislynch!  Again with the nk argument!  Don't go blaming the IC for your decisions.  If you don't think someone is scum, you shouldn't vote for them.  And why mention that when you have said you think Axxle is scum anyway?  I'm having a lot of trouble with these posts.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 11, 2014, 08:49:08 pm »

A roleblocker would perfectly explain why Archetype wasn't killed. Remember when the Janitor didn't use his Janitor ability? I think that's pretty clear proof of a roleblocker existing.

Restating this in bold so people don't miss it.
This doesn't really make sense. Yuma was contaminated and thrown through a door. If the Janitor power was blocked so would the kill.

Not if WW did the kill.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 11, 2014, 08:56:56 pm »

I have to say that I don't think SK!Axxle would kill yuma.  An SK has to get rid of everybody.  A dayvig, if you can avoid being the target, is something you want to keep around if you are SK, unless that dayvig has a scumread on you. 

yuma almost always has a scumread on faust, so sk!faust might have wanted to kill him even though a dayvig could help get rid of people.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.