Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 74  All

Author Topic: M43: Monsters University Mafia (SK (Delirious Deleuze) Wins!)  (Read 246264 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 1 Underway!)
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2014, 11:40:08 am »

Also I don't know why people freak out so much about self-votes. If you're not near L-1 they're basically rhetorical flourishes.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2014, 11:45:17 am »

Also I don't know why people freak out so much about self-votes. If you're not near L-1 they're basically rhetorical flourishes.

Precisely. But you know people freak out about them. You know it makes you seem like super frustrated town. There are people like yuma that actually policy vote against them, but very often it makes people less suspicious.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2014, 12:14:56 pm »

I'm definitely getting a town vibe from wither weaver. The case against him is pretty flimsy and he's been pretty active in trying to help town out.

I'm not sure what to make of his reaction to the wagon on him. I don't think I would qualify him as "active", but I don't know, it feels like he is just acting as if he's not really concerned by it. I'm not sure what this means, because he's not outright ignoring it (which I would find scummy), but he's not having a classic townie reaction to it either.

I also don't think the case against Joth is solid at all. The case seems forced. He said one thing that he thought about and everyone jumped on him. Granted voting for himself was lame, I don't think the wagon on him made any sense.

I don't think there's much to the initial case against joth, but his reaction to it is so over the top considering the small amount of pressure he initially got. He was saying something like "oh I'm the main lynch candidate now" while at 2 vote, when WW had 4. Scum often feels like the pressure on them is bigger than it actually is, because they know the people voting for them are right. I also get a very fake feeling from his outrage and subsequent self vote. Pretty happy with where my vote is.

This is actually really well stated. I didn't realize he freaked after only two votes were on him. You're right, it is weird and anti-town to react this way.

I think it's enough for me to vote: joth

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2014, 12:19:10 pm »

sigh.

GUYS I'M TOWN.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 08, 2014, 12:22:06 pm »

One way or the other, it's nice to get such a big wagon early on in a rather large game like this.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2014, 12:23:03 pm »

He was saying something like "oh I'm the main lynch candidate now" while at 2 vote, when WW had 4.

Am I really the leading lynch candidate right now? Oy vey.

So I would submit to the court the difference between the statement that is being attributed to me and the question that I actually asked. I came back to the game after being gone for a little bit and saw that the whole page was people discussing lynching me. I jumped to the conclusion that I was in trouble and needed to act. I asked if I was the main candidate, because I wasn't sure if I was, it just felt that way.

He/him

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2014, 12:23:42 pm »

Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2014, 12:24:57 pm »

Actually I really do think joth is town. Reacting strongly to a quick wagon isn't really indicative of anything.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2014, 12:29:05 pm »

This is actually really well stated. I didn't realize he freaked after only two votes were on him. You're right, it is weird and anti-town to react this way.

Speaking of forced, this post gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm gonna reread real quick.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2014, 12:54:51 pm »

My guess would be because it doesn't help town at all.  It kind of plants doubt in your mind on whether or not this person would actually do this as scum.  But why would scum want to bring more focus on themselves?  So maybe they're trying to make you think they're town.    But why would a town actually do that at all?

Plus, if there was actually anything going on before a self-vote, it's now kind of in the background as you're trying to figure out what this was supposed to mean, if anything.  Whereas the self-vote could have just not happened at all.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2014, 12:58:54 pm »

Speaking of forced, this post gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm gonna reread real quick.

Why is that?  It sounds like the way DeDe has posted before.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2014, 01:01:52 pm »

Just a thought for much later: if one of the rush chairs is scum, I think the best strategy would be to surround himself with town, right? So if any of the rush chairs flip scum at some point, that's something to consider.

As far as my DD reread went, there wasn't much there. There was this:

I was the rush chair for OK.

Now that I know that the gift went to a specific person, I still think it would be beneficial to have the houses claim who got it and what it does, if they know. Chances are that someone in their house is scum, and we should assume so because we don't know how PRs were assigned. Scum would already know who has the prize, it would only be more info for town.

I don't understand why we would possibly want to out the person that got the prize. Does anybody else see this as a strange thought? DD's reads have all been town with the exception of joth, who was a town a read until DD saw Teproc's case on him. Thus he switched his vote as mentioned above in the other really weird post that stood out to me.

So again, not much to go on mostly because of the lack of posts but the content is weird. Also wouldn't it make sense to have one scum be a rush chair? I think so.

vote: DD

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2014, 01:03:59 pm »

He was saying something like "oh I'm the main lynch candidate now" while at 2 vote, when WW had 4.

So I would submit to the court the difference between the statement that is being attributed to me and the question that I actually asked. I came back to the game after being gone for a little bit and saw that the whole page was people discussing lynching me. I jumped to the conclusion that I was in trouble and needed to act. I asked if I was the main candidate, because I wasn't sure if I was, it just felt that way.

But, like, four posts up was the latest vote count.  And most of the posts were Axxle being.. uh.. something.  I think "the whole page was people discussing lynching me" is an exaggeration. 

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2014, 01:04:43 pm »

My guess would be because it doesn't help town at all.  It kind of plants doubt in your mind on whether or not this person would actually do this as scum.  But why would scum want to bring more focus on themselves?  So maybe they're trying to make you think they're town.    But why would a town actually do that at all?

Plus, if there was actually anything going on before a self-vote, it's now kind of in the background as you're trying to figure out what this was supposed to mean, if anything.  Whereas the self-vote could have just not happened at all.

Just say "it's WIFOM".

To me that's not an argument for anything. We can sit here and argue about meta all day but even if DD is a newer player he's still aware of his meta and can adjust accordingly. It happens all the time.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2014, 01:05:39 pm »

Just a thought for much later: if one of the rush chairs is scum, I think the best strategy would be to surround himself with town, right? So if any of the rush chairs flip scum at some point, that's something to consider.

Rush chairs didn't know their alignment until after the choosing.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2014, 01:06:32 pm »

Now that I know that the gift went to a specific person, I still think it would be beneficial to have the houses claim who got it and what it does, if they know. Chances are that someone in their house is scum, and we should assume so because we don't know how PRs were assigned. Scum would already know who has the prize, it would only be more info for town.

I don't understand why we would possibly want to out the person that got the prize. Does anybody else see this as a strange thought? DD's reads have all been town with the exception of joth, who was a town a read until DD saw Teproc's case on him. Thus he switched his vote as mentioned above in the other really weird post that stood out to me.

So again, not much to go on mostly because of the lack of posts but the content is weird. Also wouldn't it make sense to have one scum be a rush chair? I think so.

I think we figured out that the rush chairs didn't know alignments before choosing.  So they wouldn't know they were scum and wouldn't know who to pick. 

Also, the last point would rely on Ash choosing who was scum based on how the houses worked out, instead of randomly. 

PPE: 2

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2014, 01:07:17 pm »

You do realize this only further makes my point right ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2014, 01:10:04 pm »

Rush chairs didn't know their alignment until after the choosing.

Ok thanks. I had a feeling that was probably wrong.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2014, 01:11:04 pm »

Just say "it's WIFOM".

To me that's not an argument for anything. We can sit here and argue about meta all day but even if DD is a newer player he's still aware of his meta and can adjust accordingly. It happens all the time.

Okay, but I thought you were saying DeDe sounded forced.. so, not natural; he had to contrive whatever he was saying.  I was just saying I didn't get the "forced" vibe, it seemed just normal to me.  So I was asking why you did.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2014, 01:14:44 pm »

I mean, I get your vote. I haven't posted a lot, and it was all town reads, but seeing as the game is just starting out I haven't gotten a strong read from anyone yet.

Why it would be good to out who got the prizes: Because scum would most likely already know this. At the very best it gives town more information, it's basically a claim that someone couldn't fake too. The doctor, if there is one, could protect this person if the prize is good. There's no real downside here.

As far as scum for a rush chair, I think he means Ash would do it not randomly, but I just don't think he would. This is all speculation though, so I'm not really going to entertain it much.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2014, 01:24:14 pm »

Okay, but I thought you were saying DeDe sounded forced.. so, not natural; he had to contrive whatever he was saying.  I was just saying I didn't get the "forced" vibe, it seemed just normal to me.  So I was asking why you did.

Yes, to me it sounds like he forced that post. But that's just my opinion.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 08, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »

Keep it up guys! This is definitely a wagon on scum! I'll help!

vote: jotheonah
Omg, the post before this I hoped that joth would self vote... And he did. Ilu joth!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2014, 01:27:38 pm »

I mean, I get your vote. I haven't posted a lot, and it was all town reads, but seeing as the game is just starting out I haven't gotten a strong read from anyone yet.

Why it would be good to out who got the prizes: Because scum would most likely already know this. At the very best it gives town more information, it's basically a claim that someone couldn't fake too. The doctor, if there is one, could protect this person if the prize is good. There's no real downside here.

As far as scum for a rush chair, I think he means Ash would do it not randomly, but I just don't think he would. This is all speculation though, so I'm not really going to entertain it much.

That's assuming there's scum in every house and assuming there's a doctor and assuming this extra tidbit of information will benefit town somehow. I'm not convinced.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2014, 01:29:54 pm »

What's the downside to claiming it? Odds are that there is scum in the house that got the prize.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2014, 02:08:19 pm »

You do realize this only further makes my point right ?

Oh, I forgot. All peope who don't want to be lynched are scum.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.858 seconds with 16 queries.