Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 74  All

Author Topic: M43: Monsters University Mafia (SK (Delirious Deleuze) Wins!)  (Read 246280 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 4 Underway!)
« Reply #1025 on: May 29, 2014, 11:56:30 pm »

OK. Everyone please say why you didn't switch to the other wagon to prevent no-lynch.  No particular order needed.  Bar Mitzvah's are usually on Saturdays, so if anyone claims that we'll know they are probably lying.

I was openly against an Andrew lynch since the beginning of the day. I think/thought he was town. Check my post, I am pretty clear on this

Some people would say it is better to lynch town for the information than to have a no lynch.  I'm not saying I agree or not, but I'm wondering what your position is on that. 

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 30, 2014, 12:00:40 am »

OK. Everyone please say why you didn't switch to the other wagon to prevent no-lynch.  No particular order needed.  Bar Mitzvah's are usually on Saturdays, so if anyone claims that we'll know they are probably lying.

I was openly against an Andrew lynch since the beginning of the day. I think/thought he was town. Check my post, I am pretty clear on this

Some people would say it is better to lynch town for the information than to have a no lynch.  I'm not saying I agree or not, but I'm wondering what your position is on that.

If you say the debates, I generally agree with you. I didn't switch here because I was pretty sure of my read on both sides, and feared WW jumping on me for switching after I said I wouldn't vote for Andrew on D3.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 30, 2014, 01:45:34 am »

Still think you're scum, but that could be my lack of playing with you and you being town, but I appreciate your reply.

Idk if it incriminates him, why do you think so?

scum!WW was on the Andrew wagon, if mail-mi is town, why wouldn't he change?

That said, I see that what happened D1 might change that assessment. I guess a reread is necessary.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 30, 2014, 01:52:10 am »

Archetype lurking so hard on D4 is not acceptable and at this point I wouldn't mind lynching him based on that alone.

Really? I don't think we should lynch based on lurking alone at this point. There's a good chance that we have only one mislynch left.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Night Zero Underway!)
« Reply #1029 on: May 30, 2014, 01:53:28 am »

Final Day 1 Vote Count:

joth (8):  chairs, mail-mi, Robz, Faust, ADK, Andrew, Teproc, WW
mail-mi (3):  joth, Axxle, Yuma
Faust (1):  DD

Not Voting (2):  EFHW, Archetype

With 14 alive, it took 8 to lynch.

Day 2 Final Vote Count:

Teproc (7):  Robz888, ADK, DD, mail-mi, Axxle, Faust, Teproc
Axxle (1):. EFHW

Not Voting (5):  chairs, Andrew, Archetype, WW

With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

Vote Count 3.11:

mail-mi (4):  Archetype, Axxle, DD, Andrew
Andrew (4):  WW, EFHW, Faust, mail-mi

Not Voting (1):  chairs

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 ends on May 26 at 7:00 p.m.

mail-mi: Ended all 3 days on a wagon with scum.
DD: Ended 1 day on a wagon with scum.
faust: Ended all 3 days on a wagon with scum.
Andrew: Ended 1 day on a wagon with scum. (plus not voting with one)
Axxle: Ended 1 day on a wagon with scum.
Archetype: Never ended the day on a wagon with scum. (but not voting with one)

Vote: Archetype

Thank you for this.

This just assures me in my thoughts on Faust and I think is a great reference point.

That being said, I'm not switching my vote to arch now for the sheer fact that I've been convinced Faust is scum and I keep having to switch because I don't call enough attention to it.

I read him as scum and have throughout the entire day.

Just curious, how does this assure you in your thoughts on me?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 30, 2014, 01:57:32 am »

Well, I was sleeping. I thought I could get back to this before I fell asleep, but then I couldn't. But then, I'm usually not around for deadlines and until now, it always worked out somehow in the end, so I wasn't really concerned.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 30, 2014, 02:01:50 am »

If you say the debates, I generally agree with you. I didn't switch here because I was pretty sure of my read on both sides, and feared WW jumping on me for switching after I said I wouldn't vote for Andrew on D3.

You do realize that this portion looks really scummy, yes? And WW died and you were apparently afraid of him... very interesting.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 30, 2014, 02:02:33 am »

The vote counts made me *less* confident Faust could be a scumbuddy rather than more.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 30, 2014, 02:15:52 am »

I found Faust scummy in WoT and he was town. I find Faust scummy here so that must mean he's town, right?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 30, 2014, 02:36:37 am »

This is a tough spot. If we're looking for a SK, we should probably look at players who thought WW scummy, because the shot of WW was almost certainly a try to take out the other team. But if we're looking for that, we'll almost certainly not land on WW's scum partner. So who to look for?

btw, if there is town responsible for the killing, they might consider speaking up now.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 30, 2014, 02:40:04 am »

For example, take this post by DeDe. It makes me think it's more likely that he's SK, but less likely that he's WW's partner. Should I find him more or less scummy now?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 30, 2014, 02:45:41 am »

Did we consider no lynch? We're seven players now, and we have to assume that there are at least two scum of opposite factions left.

If we do lynch, and two townies die tonight, we wake up with four players alive, two of them scum. The only way to win from there would be hoping the scum shoots each other.

If we don't lynch, and tow townies die, we're at a five player MyLo-ish situation tomorrow. Even better, EFHW will likely still be alive, because scum will try to shoot each other. We'll have a really good chance at hitting scum then.

Downside is, of course, we're missing one mislynch that we might still have now.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 30, 2014, 03:26:41 am »

Did we consider no lynch? We're seven players now, and we have to assume that there are at least two scum of opposite factions left.

If we do lynch, and two townies die tonight, we wake up with four players alive, two of them scum. The only way to win from there would be hoping the scum shoots each other.

If we don't lynch, and tow townies die, we're at a five player MyLo-ish situation tomorrow. Even better, EFHW will likely still be alive, because scum will try to shoot each other. We'll have a really good chance at hitting scum then.

Downside is, of course, we're missing one mislynch that we might still have now.

Sorry, too high to reply to the rest of your posts, but this makes sense only if you believe that scum will shoot each other, and given this point I doubt they would have a reason to. It's better for both of them to shoot town and get another day but with two less town and, depending on which town are chosen (assuming they'll pick the most townie or less likely), we have very little info.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 30, 2014, 11:57:47 am »

This is a tough spot. If we're looking for a SK, we should probably look at players who thought WW scummy, because the shot of WW was almost certainly a try to take out the other team. But if we're looking for that, we'll almost certainly not land on WW's scum partner. So who to look for?

btw, if there is town responsible for the killing, they might consider speaking up now.

??  We know WW's scum partner was Teproc.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 30, 2014, 11:59:06 am »

Missing a mislynch?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 30, 2014, 12:10:49 pm »

??  We know WW's scum partner was Teproc.

There would likely be another partner, right?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 30, 2014, 12:27:48 pm »

I don't think no lynch is a good option. Even if there are two more scum of seperate factions and they're aiming for eachother, there's no guarentee they'll hit eachother. I'd think they'd be pushing hard for a lynch today.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 31, 2014, 05:10:01 am »

Missing a mislynch?

I mean, at this point, we can afford another mislynch. If we no lynch today, we probably can't.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 31, 2014, 05:10:57 am »

I don't think no lynch is a good option. Even if there are two more scum of seperate factions and they're aiming for eachother, there's no guarentee they'll hit eachother. I'd think they'd be pushing hard for a lynch today.

Huh? If scum pushes hard for a lynch, shouldn't that be indication for town to think about not lynching?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 31, 2014, 06:01:41 am »

I'm rereading for Teproc and WW interactions.

First thing of note is ADK talking about WW's slip in the QT. It's interesting to see who jumps this. Teproc does, so I'd expect the other partner not to jump on it. Looking for people who defended WW:

Andrew - get into quite a fight about this.
DeDe - calling ADK townie while at the same time defending WW.

That said, this post by Axxle gives me a town (or at least non-WW-partner) read on Axxle. This post by WW further solidifies my read on Axxle, don't think that's a scum bussing vote.

Then we have Teproc's read post. We can see he put WW into slight scum territory, so I'm expecting his other partner to be in a somewhat townie area. That would implicate DeDe, Andrew, Archetype (and Axxle, but I don't think he's the partner).

DeDe has both Teproc and WW as town reads. Not sure if scum would do that.

Then WW tries to start a wagon on mail-mi short before deadline. Knowing that the main lynch alternative is joth (hence town), I don't think mail-mi is his partner. Teproc switches on this wagon later on.

D2 doesn't give much, but I think DeDe's and Andrew's reactions to Robz' claim were on the scummier side.

D3, there's this: DeDe apparently forgetting that there is a Janitor. I think it's genuine, which would mean that DeDe is not Teproc's partner. Then, DeDe has his turn on WW, which at the time I found scummy, but knowing that WW is scum, it looks better.

Archetype's reads are strange, they don't fit my reads at all. Also, he thinks WW is town. Some scum points for Archetype. Then again, there's this slip about not knowing ADK is dead, which points away from him being WW's partner (because most likely WW's team shot ADK). But right after that, WW respondes with finding Arch townie for it, so now I'm not sure...

Then comes Andrew's big fight with WW. Would they really do that if they were partners? Hm. But it makes me think Andrew could be the one who shot WW.

Archetype is sort of hedging on WW.

Yeah. Further reading of WW vs. Andrew makes me think they're not partners for sure.

Okay, this is hard. If I had to choose a partner for Teproc and WW, it would probably be Archetype, everyone else just doesn't seem to make sense. If I had to choose someone for the WW kill, it would likely be Andrew, but then again, would SK!Andrew makes such an obvious move?

Vote: Archetype for now. I'm more sure about this.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 31, 2014, 06:03:48 am »

That is L-1, I think.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 31, 2014, 11:02:26 am »

Huh? If scum pushes hard for a lynch, shouldn't that be indication for town to think about not lynching?

Huh? is right.  We shouldn't no lynch b/c scum will push for a lynch?  I'm ready to Vote: Andrew.

Someone on Archetype please unvote.  We don't want a quickhammer

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 31, 2014, 12:11:18 pm »

ANYONE WHO QUICKHAMMERS ME FOLLOWING THIS POST IS SCUM.

Ok. I'm thinking about claiming. Should I, EFHW? It may clear up a few things.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 31, 2014, 12:18:26 pm »

I think DD and Faust are the most unlikely to be WW/Teproc's partners. I have a Townread on both and looking at the vote counts/faust's analysis makes me think they aren't his partner.

So I'm wanting to lynch out of Axxle, mail-mi, and Andrew. Moreso mail-mi than any of them. Why was he on the chopping block yesterday, but now completely off? That should be an obvious sign he's scum.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 31, 2014, 12:23:41 pm »

Then WW tries to start a wagon on mail-mi short before deadline. Knowing that the main lynch alternative is joth (hence town), I don't think mail-mi is his partner. Teproc switches on this wagon later on.
I disagree with this. There was enough support for the joth lynch that he would still be lynched even if they hopped off.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 19 queries.