Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM15: Innovation II - TOWN WINS!  (Read 174072 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: RMM15: Innovation II - Day 2!
« Reply #475 on: June 01, 2014, 11:19:37 pm »

I know you have a real life, I get that.

But I SAW YOU ONLINE! at a time when I had repeatedly asked for help and clarification. You were reading the thread. I know you are town, I know you are an IC. But I was/am really frustrated with your apathy and lack of direction. If you weren't an IC I would be voting for you right now because to me it looked like you were avoiding the thread.

Sometimes I read the thread and don't know what to post.  That happened a couple hours from deadline.  I think not much had been posted since my last post.  I was gone at deadline.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 01, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »

The discussion in the afternoon before the deadline implied everyone was going with Arch as the target, not PPS

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 01, 2014, 11:22:32 pm »

The discussion in the afternoon before the deadline implied everyone was going with Arch as the target, not PPS

I saw that.  Doesn't change the fact that the (mostly) agreed upon route of the IC deciding who would get potato'ed had already decided PPS.

The fact that players who may actually be scum got to try and adjust the kill target is a huge red flag.  We had a mod-confirmed town player select a target, and then we had some not mod-confirmed anything players decide otherwise with a minority voice.

That's pretty shady.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 01, 2014, 11:24:21 pm »

Let me repeat: it is very possible that the potato target was changed from PPS to Archetype by scum, in direct opposition to the Innocent Child's wishes.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2014, 11:30:19 pm »

Let me repeat: it is very possible that the potato target was changed from PPS to Archetype by scum, in direct opposition to the Innocent Child's wishes.

I see no reason to do that unless PPS is actually scum and his partners needed to save him.  But that seems way too risky.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 01, 2014, 11:35:50 pm »

I sent paper, I don't know what EFHW wants to do about the time thing but I will say that I sent it later in the time window. Actual thoughts later.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 01, 2014, 11:54:44 pm »

I see no reason to do that unless PPS is actually scum and his partners needed to save him.  But that seems way too risky.

I can see reasons.

--PPS is scum, don't blow up a partner.
--Redirect from one towny to another, cause confusion, possible making PPS look bad due to the discussion following.
--Get some to people to follow the plan and others not, possibly messing up results today.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 02, 2014, 12:02:23 am »

the bloody IC wasn't around to convey his wishes! That is what I have been trying to say!

sudgy... didn't have anything to say. that is bull! this whole confusion exists because you didn't come in and clarify a position that was vague.

ash... sudgy said that, but it was disputed immediately by not just me but other players as well. I took it into my own hands because our IC was MIA... trying to paint me as scummy because our IC missed the boat is missing the mark by a far stretch! We didn't know the IC's wishes that at that juncture in the game because he didn't give it. He gave it initially but a lot changed in the meantime!

I blame sudgy completely for any confusion, not me, not pps, not anyone else. the blame is on sudgy.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 02, 2014, 12:09:24 am »

the bloody IC wasn't around to convey his wishes! That is what I have been trying to say!

sudgy... didn't have anything to say. that is bull! this whole confusion exists because you didn't come in and clarify a position that was vague.

ash... sudgy said that, but it was disputed immediately by not just me but other players as well. I took it into my own hands because our IC was MIA... trying to paint me as scummy because our IC missed the boat is missing the mark by a far stretch! We didn't know the IC's wishes that at that juncture in the game because he didn't give it. He gave it initially but a lot changed in the meantime!

I blame sudgy completely for any confusion, not me, not pps, not anyone else. the blame is on sudgy.

Fair enough points.

But, it was pretty clear to me the IC had said to potato PPS.  It was also pretty clear to me he hadn't changed that order before the end of the day.

You may be town, and you may have been working hard to make things happen at the end of D1 (although I know you not-so-secretly supported no lynch anyway), but that doesn't mean you can trust anyone doing the same.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 02, 2014, 12:13:47 am »

I am not saying you need to trust me, I don't expect anyone to trust me w/o mod confirmation--even if I feel I have deserved it--I just ask that you understand that I did what I felt was necessary in a situation that was extremely precarious. I don't think it was clear that was what sudgy wanted at the end of the game. I felt that is what he wanted mid-game, which are two very different things.

No one else was willing to step up and so I did so. I still feel good about archetype over PPS. archetype was a serial lurker who was extremely scummy and should have been lynched if we were going to lynch (yes I did support a no-lynch plan, but mostly I preferred that via consensus)

Also, I just remembered this: vote: jimmmm for this post:

SERIOUSLY!!!

The day before deadline and there are zero posts from between the hours of 2 pm and 11 pm except for three by me.

I guess that's what happens when you decide to no-lynch.

Having said that, Vote: no-lynch

Potato: faust

laziest post in the game, and hella scummy to.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 02, 2014, 12:42:12 am »

I sent you a magnifying glass, sudgy.

Catching up now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 02, 2014, 12:43:53 am »

I lied. Can't catch up tonight. See you guys tomorrow.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 02, 2014, 01:09:59 am »

I lied again, I'm caught up.

Not claiming the time I sent my item because I believe that is breaking the spirit/honor of the game. But I will say I am against disallowing potato talk and I'm not a fan of rule-changing mid-game. That said, if they need to change, so be it.

ash, if you're town, understand that you have not made a persuasive case against faust. You have to do more.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 02, 2014, 01:22:29 am »

ash, if you're town, understand that you have not made a persuasive case against faust. You have to do more.

My case may not be persuasive, but I usually am.  Basically, this is a "trust me, I'm ashersky and I know what I'm doing" situation.  You can trust me, or you can lynch me.  Those are always the two* options in a game of mafia.

*(I suppose "ignore me" is a third option.)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 02, 2014, 07:59:49 am »

My case may not be persuasive, but I usually am.  Basically, this is a "trust me, I'm ashersky and I know what I'm doing" situation.  You can trust me, or you can lynch me.  Those are always the two* options in a game of mafia.

The last time we had this kind of situation, we were both town IIRC.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 02, 2014, 08:00:56 am »

I sent magnifying glasses. Not claiming time because pretty much what Voltaire said, but it makes for crappy and unfun arguments.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:03 am »

Should we trace the way the potato went? I think that would be a good idea, right? I didn't get it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:25 am »

I sent magnifying glasses. Not claiming time because pretty much what Voltaire said, but it makes for crappy and unfun arguments.

but = plus

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 02, 2014, 01:18:39 pm »

That is my plan until you start putting forward something more substantial

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 02, 2014, 01:24:20 pm »

So if we can't come up with a potato plan, we need to lynch, right? vote: PPS

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 02, 2014, 01:41:48 pm »

I can't think of a better lynch than Vote: voltaire. This isn't OMGUS, this is picking up where I left off yesterday before I got derailed into the wild goose chase that was Archetype.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 02, 2014, 01:43:29 pm »

I can't think of a better lynch than Vote: voltaire. This isn't OMGUS, this is picking up where I left off yesterday before I got derailed into the wild goose chase that was Archetype.

Why do you describe it as a wild goose chase? This post is fully of scummy vibes. Be accountable man!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 02, 2014, 01:50:52 pm »

You feel that strongly about my D1 read on yuma and my vote on you? That's...paper-thin, man.

I also agree with yuma that this is just terrible on your part, and scummy.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: RMM15: Innovation II - Day 1!
« Reply #498 on: June 02, 2014, 01:52:14 pm »

No, I've seen yuma do this before, and he was town. Therefore yuma is more likely town.

PPE: You have not analyzed any scenarios where I am town. Why not? What are they, btw?

Well, you are really early to the game. I have no use for considering your posts in context of where mail-mi was and mail-mi hardly posted anyway. That said, I'm scum-hunting not town hunting. I am seeking the most likely place to put a vote because I support a D1 lynch.

I would say it is slightly towny to provide meta that supports moving my vote. but as I outlined it is equally useful for scum to do this. So, I'm not sure a Towny scenario exists for you at the moment in my mind. I'm not entirely sure the onus should be on me to create one, either.

This is PPS's case on me.

???

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 02, 2014, 01:53:25 pm »

I argued against killing Archetype. I agreed he was scummy but he's always scummy. We all agreed we needed Town controlled deaths and it shaped up to be Archetype that got the popular vote so I included myself in the votes because I did want a lynch. Failing the lynch we agreed Archetype was the potato target. When I received the potato I sent it to Archetype. Am I now to be punished for doing what we all agreed to do even though I was publicly the least willing?

If I thought killing me would help Town get a clearer picture I would have held the potato. I was more certain I was Town than I was Archetype. I was more certain that Voltaire was scum than archetype and I said as much yesterday. Voltaire is my top scum read. I can't really say I have any other scum reads, right now.

Food for thought. Why would I even say that I sent the potato to Archetype?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.