Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30  All

Author Topic: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): liopoil's turn  (Read 68742 times)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): S_P's turn
« Reply #675 on: May 13, 2014, 02:33:08 pm »

I would have thought that my rule didn't go into effect until after it was passed, and as it adds an IP at the beginning of each player's turn, and the only turn begun since its instatement was Grujah's. But I could just as easily be misinterpreting things.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 13, 2014, 04:15:57 pm »

That is a good point.  ok, cancel upgrade of skill for unit at E13

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 13, 2014, 06:56:03 pm »

Grujah, I should be in square G9 not G8
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 13, 2014, 11:11:03 pm »

Vote: Abstain on rule 365

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 21, 2014, 08:53:08 pm »

Rule passes 4-0

I declare it to be mail-mi's turn
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 21, 2014, 10:10:14 pm »

upgrade skill for soldier at E13 to 1 pay N$25.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 21, 2014, 11:15:39 pm »

right okay let's see... i think I'm going to fix up my attacking idea to make soldiers useful...

Draft of Rule 366:
Players may spend 1 IP to attack directly or diagonally adjacent players, hereafter known as defending players. To do so, players post Attack: $$ to %% in bold, where $$ is the place of the active player's unit, and the %% is the place of the defending player's piece. Each player will roll 1d6 using the forum's dice rolling feature in response to the attack. If the defending player wins, nothing happens. If the active player wins, the defending player must post Give N$500 to Y in bold, where Y is the active player, or Give N$X to Y in bold if the defending player has less than N$500, and X is the rest of the defending player's N$.

Changes?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 22, 2014, 12:19:29 am »

Two things - I think that is too much money.  And maybe forcing the defeated unit to move one space in the same direction as the attack would be more helpful and interesting.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 22, 2014, 02:22:17 am »

Proximity between K11 and J10

I agree $500 is a bit steep.

What happens in case of ties? Tie goes to the defender, presumably, as rerolls would be annoying. "Wins" is sort of ambiguous there, maybe "if the attacker's roll was higher" etc. would be better.

I want to plunder food! Plunder: Everything Actually though victory points should probably be off limits for plundering...farmers are for getting more points, soldiers are for map control and resource dominance.

Possibly you could incorporate a bit about the soldiers' skill levels to make that meaningful. For example, you could roll Nd6 to attack and defend, where N is the skill level. Boosting your skill makes your soldiers more effective and bell curvy. And/or skill level has something to do with the quantity or type of loot plundered...you receive N*$100, and also N Swag Tokens
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 22, 2014, 10:46:53 pm »

I agree $500 is a bit steep.

What happens in case of ties? Tie goes to the defender, presumably, as rerolls would be annoying. "Wins" is sort of ambiguous there, maybe "if the attacker's roll was higher" etc. would be better.

I want to plunder food! Plunder: Everything Actually though victory points should probably be off limits for plundering...farmers are for getting more points, soldiers are for map control and resource dominance.

Possibly you could incorporate a bit about the soldiers' skill levels to make that meaningful. For example, you could roll Nd6 to attack and defend, where N is the skill level. Boosting your skill makes your soldiers more effective and bell curvy. And/or skill level has something to do with the quantity or type of loot plundered...you receive N*$100, and also N Swag Tokens
Yes ties go to the defender, I forgot to put that in.

I like the plunder anything idea... ill find a way to work it in.

What about rolling an 1d(6+N) where N is the soldier's level?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 22, 2014, 10:50:54 pm »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): mail-mi's turn
« Reply #686 on: May 22, 2014, 11:24:07 pm »

Updated everything in my tasks except the points/$ in the OP.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 27, 2014, 06:29:00 pm »

Any more thoughts on the rule? otherwise I'll post the final draft tonight

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 27, 2014, 08:02:11 pm »

plunder is good.  I also think winning territory (forcing retreats) would be valuable.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 27, 2014, 09:13:25 pm »

Proximity between G8 and H7
Move G8 to H8
Proximity between H8 and I7
Move H8 to G8
Treasure Chest at F8

Rolled 1d200 : 182, total 182

Final Draft of Rule 366:
Players may spend 1 IP to attack directly or diagonally adjacent players, hereafter known as defending players. To do so, players post Plunder $$ to %% in bold, where $$ is the place of the active player's unit, and the %% is the place of the defending player's unit. Each player will roll Nd6 using the forum's dice rolling feature in response to the attack, where N is the number of the unit's soldier level plus 1. The two highest numbers of each player will be the only dice used. If the defending player roll is higher, nothing happens. If the active player's roll is higher, the defending player must post Give N$250 to Y in bold, where Y is the active player, or Give N$X to Y in bold if the defending player has less than N$250, and X is the rest of the defending player's N$. If the roll is a tie, nothing happens. You may only attack if it is your turn.

I added the "you may only attack if it is your turn" to prevent slowing down the game with everybody attacking on everyone's turn.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 29, 2014, 03:40:57 pm »

you guys gonna vote or what?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 29, 2014, 04:11:34 pm »

Vote: Yes on Rule 366

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 30, 2014, 10:43:11 am »

Vote: Abstain on Rule 366

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 30, 2014, 12:21:39 pm »

what time does the voting period end, again?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 30, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »

36 hours after final proposal.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 30, 2014, 02:15:57 pm »

well then. Rule passes 2-0.

I declare it to be liopoil's turn.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 30, 2014, 02:18:40 pm »

never mind, I can't do that, as my moves are invalid (because grujah has not updated the map grumble grumble)

Proximity between G9 and G10
Move G9 to G8
Treasure chest at F8

Rolled 1d200 : 163, total 163

Now it's liopoil's turn.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 30, 2014, 02:21:02 pm »

never mind, I can't do that, as my moves are invalid (because grujah has not updated the map grumble grumble)

Move G9 to G8
Treasure chest at F8

This dice roll may have been tampered with!

Now it's liopoil's turn.

I will challenge these moves if necessary (sorry mail-mi) because you definitely ended the turn. If we want to impeach Grujah for not updating the map (or preferably just give him a friendly poke) I'd participate in that.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 30, 2014, 02:21:51 pm »

Move G9 to G8
Treasure chest at F8

Now it's liopoil's turn.

Aaaaand I can't proximity with someone who's out.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 30, 2014, 02:22:22 pm »

Move G9 to G8
Treasure chest at F8

Now it's liopoil's turn.

I will challenge these moves if necessary (sorry mail-mi) because you definitely ended the turn. If we want to impeach Grujah for not updating the map (or preferably just give him a friendly poke) I'd participate in that.
*sigh*

Impeach: Grujah sorry buddy you gotta keep up to date.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.