Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30  All

Author Topic: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): liopoil's turn  (Read 69395 times)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): Jimmmmm's turn
« Reply #500 on: April 05, 2014, 07:40:31 pm »

Vote: Yes on 361

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 05, 2014, 09:58:25 pm »

I don't think this is different enough from having money to pay for unit upkeep. I also am nervous about the fact that this rule refers to units that are not units - that's gonna cause trouble.

Vote: No on Rule 361

The spirit of adding additional currency/items I like, though.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 05, 2014, 10:30:56 pm »

I also am nervous about the fact that this rule refers to units that are not units - that's gonna cause trouble.

Oh you're right! Am I able to fix it up and re-propose as per 111?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 05, 2014, 10:32:42 pm »

Precedent says no, and so do the rules unfortunately:

111. If a rule-change as proposed is unclear, ambiguous, paradoxical, or destructive of play, or if it arguably consists of two or more rule-changes compounded or is an amendment that makes no difference, or if it is otherwise of questionable value, then the other players may suggest amendments or argue against the proposal before the vote. A reasonable time must be allowed for this debate. The proponent decides the final form in which the proposal is to be voted on and, unless the Judge has been asked to do so, also decides the time to end debate and vote.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 05, 2014, 10:36:23 pm »

Precedent says no, and so do the rules unfortunately:

111. If a rule-change as proposed is unclear, ambiguous, paradoxical, or destructive of play, or if it arguably consists of two or more rule-changes compounded or is an amendment that makes no difference, or if it is otherwise of questionable value, then the other players may suggest amendments or argue against the proposal before the vote. A reasonable time must be allowed for this debate. The proponent decides the final form in which the proposal is to be voted on and, unless the Judge has been asked to do so, also decides the time to end debate and vote.

Yeah I guess once someone has voted it's locked in. My proposal was admittedly somewhat rushed. I think the idea is solid though. Do you disagree that (depending of course on how we end up producing food) it will force us to actually move our guys around and that will be more interesting than what we're doing now?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 05, 2014, 10:38:49 pm »

I like units doing more - I don't think the current game is likely horribly flawed or something, there's proximity to draw us close and treasure chests to draw us away. That's why I'm willing to wait for a proposal without a problem (I know you were obviously well-intentioned).

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 05, 2014, 10:43:29 pm »

I like units doing more - I don't think the current game is likely horribly flawed or something, there's proximity to draw us close and treasure chests to draw us away.

Well the game as is is horribly flawed in that there's no real need for money - if everyone spawns a treasure chest every turn then we'll see an average of $100 enter the system and $10 leave the system per turn.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 05, 2014, 10:44:48 pm »

Move K4 to J5
Move J5 to I6
Proximity between I6 and H7

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 05, 2014, 10:45:41 pm »

Yeah, but as you can always say, freeze the game at any point and it's broken. But the game is never frozen.

Besides, not everyone has been spawning a treasure chest.

I get the point of making things more expensive though.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 05, 2014, 10:47:09 pm »

Hey, thanks for the point!

Give $N20 to Jimmmmm

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 05, 2014, 10:50:07 pm »

Jimmmmm, I had you (prior to my action) at 990 in the spreadsheet and 980 in the opening post. Do you know which is right?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 05, 2014, 10:51:25 pm »

Hey, thanks for the point!

Give $N20 to Jimmmmm

Thanks for the money!

(I could give a point to Grujah who was on 10 or sudgy who was on 13 or you who was on 1, so that was an easy choice.)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 05, 2014, 10:52:53 pm »

Jimmmmm, I had you (prior to my action) at 990 in the spreadsheet and 980 in the opening post. Do you know which is right?

Um, I believe it should be 990 - the only expense I've had that I can recall is the one time I've had to pay for a unit. Of course after this turn it'll be down to 980 and then back up to 1000. I'll double-check to see if I've paid $10 for anything else.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 05, 2014, 10:53:11 pm »

I forget who keeps repeating this idea but I think at some point we should make it so you can spend like N$10 for a fifth IP, N$20 for a sixth, etc.  Then money becomes a lot more useful, since you can use it to get more out of your turn.

I'm also thinking farmer could have an ability to turn the tile on which they are currently standing to a farm tile, and then any unit on a farm tile can use a harvest action (costing 1 or possibly more IP) to get food.

Also I think soldiers are pretty bad compared to farmers already, and since it makes so much sense thematically for farmers to be the ones to get some food-related buff, I think soldiers will also need a bigger buff.  I'm thinking something like pushing/pulling other units around Arimaa-style?

Sorry I just kind of had all those ideas at once and wanted to put them out there before I forgot.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 05, 2014, 10:53:18 pm »

Since your turn is over, you haven't been charged for your unit yet fyi.

PPE: Ok we'll go with that for now. Anyone who objects, point out what the right answer is.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 05, 2014, 10:54:23 pm »

I forget who keeps repeating this idea but I think at some point we should make it so you can spend like N$10 for a fifth IP, N$20 for a sixth, etc.  Then money becomes a lot more useful, since you can use it to get more out of your turn.

I'm also thinking farmer could have an ability to turn the tile on which they are currently standing to a farm tile, and then any unit on a farm tile can use a harvest action (costing 1 or possibly more IP) to get food.

Also I think soldiers are pretty bad compared to farmers already, and since it makes so much sense thematically for farmers to be the ones to get some food-related buff, I think soldiers will also need a bigger buff.  I'm thinking something like pushing/pulling other units around Arimaa-style?

Sorry I just kind of had all those ideas at once and wanted to put them out there before I forgot.

+1, would vote

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 05, 2014, 11:04:42 pm »

Since your turn is over, you haven't been charged for your unit yet fyi.

PPE: Ok we'll go with that for now. Anyone who objects, point out what the right answer is.

I've checked all my posts since money-exchanging was introduced in the previous thread and can't find anything. Like you say, if anyone can, point it out.

And right, I should be on 1010 right now and 1000 after my turn.

Actually, for the sake of being unambiguous, you actually used the wrong notation when giving me money - you wrote $N instead of N$. It's entirely clear what you meant, but by the letter of the law maybe this actually didn't do anything?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 05, 2014, 11:07:18 pm »

Give N$20 to Jimmmmm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 05, 2014, 11:13:45 pm »

Give $N20 to Voltaire

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 05, 2014, 11:14:29 pm »

Take your counterfeit virtual money back!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 05, 2014, 11:15:09 pm »

Also, thanks. :)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 05, 2014, 11:54:52 pm »

Vote: No on Rule 361

Soldiers should be the only ones that get to attack.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 06, 2014, 01:21:52 am »

Vote: Yes on Rule 361

Because why not, an inventory seems like it could go places. The unit/unit thing is odd but it doesn't really bother me, hopefully we'll not get too pedantic there. I'm skeptical as to whether keeping units fed will actually be fun, but if it's not, it can be tweaked or scrapped.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 06, 2014, 01:49:07 am »

Vote: Yes on Rule 361

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 06, 2014, 12:09:55 pm »

Vote yes on Rule 361.  I voted yes to keep the inventory idea, but the rule as it stands doesn't really work.  first you say food is used automatically, and then you say an order needs to be placed.  perhaps the order could be to replenish the inventory, and you should be able to do that before the unit dies.  Also, there isn't much need for the Hungry attribute, since that state only lasts briefly between food being assessed and the unit being removed.  Perhaps the unit could be immobilized for a turn, and then Hungry units starve the next turn if they again don't get food.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.