Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30  All

Author Topic: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): liopoil's turn  (Read 69307 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): mail-mi's turn
« Reply #350 on: March 13, 2014, 10:43:47 am »

create: E8

Any thoughts on what I should do? I'm thinking along the lines of attacking other pieces.

How about a mechanism for getting the bidding for proximity out of the thread?

And into PMs? xD

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 13, 2014, 10:46:58 am »

Idea - (goes against me, but w/e) - central tiles require higher upkeep than outer ones - prevents huge groupings in center.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 13, 2014, 10:47:46 am »

I had an idea of something which I consider to be a nice new rule: you can spend money to gain additional IPs on your turn (or maybe also on others' turns). For example, the first extra IP could cost N$30, the second N$60, the third N$90 and so on.
Just wanted to say it, maybe someone doesn't have an idea for a new rule but likes this one, or perhaps I'm going to propose it myself on my next turn.

Not bad at all.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 13, 2014, 10:55:44 am »

Idea - (goes against me, but w/e) - central tiles require higher upkeep than outer ones - prevents huge groupings in center.

Actually, I am probably going to make some "terrain changes" of sorts (probably give them color value which indicate stuff) as my next suggestion, if nobody does anything similar meanwhile.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 13, 2014, 11:18:57 am »

Any thoughts on what I should do? I'm thinking along the lines of attacking other pieces.

And into PMs? xD

I was thinking maybe a sealed bid auction via PM.  Each person sends one PM with their offer, the player in question says in thread which one they are taking.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 13, 2014, 11:27:33 am »

I don't know if I like that, I think it was one of the most interesting things to happen to this game.

Actually, I am probably going to make some "terrain changes" of sorts (probably give them color value which indicate stuff) as my next suggestion, if nobody does anything similar meanwhile.

I like that. I was going to do something similar if my housekeeping turn hadn't been, well, housekeeping.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 13, 2014, 12:15:02 pm »

Hmm... Interesting idea. But it might be hard to make it viable though. I assume that you mean something like "You may spend IP(s) to attack other player(s) 'close to you' which lose some amount of hit point. If their hit points is 0 or less, the unit is removed from the board"?

Currently it is very cheap to make a new unit, and starting to attack someone will probably have serious diplomatic consequences. Somehow you want to balance that, which is quite hard. But I think it's a good idea if executed well. Could you give some more details of your idea?

---

I had an idea of something which I consider to be a nice new rule: you can spend money to gain additional IPs on your turn (or maybe also on others' turns). For example, the first extra IP could cost N$30, the second N$60, the third N$90 and so on.
Just wanted to say it, maybe someone doesn't have an idea for a new rule but likes this one, or perhaps I'm going to propose it myself on my next turn.
I'm thinking more like robbing other players of money. With like a Risk dice-rolling thing.

As for your other idea, that could also work.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 15, 2014, 05:22:26 am »

Bump. mail-mi has about 15 hours to propose.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 15, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »

Final proposal:

If the current player has a unit that is directly or diagonally adjacent to another player's unit, the active player may spend 1 IP to attack that player. This process is known as "Pirating." To do this, the active player posts in-thread Attack: ## to ?? where ## is the name of the tile of the active player's unit and ?? is the name of the tile the other player's unit.  The active player is then known as the "attacking player" and the player being attacked is known as the "defending player."Immediately following, both players will roll 1d6 in thread. If the defending player's roll is higher than the attacking player's, nothing happens. If the attacking player's roll is higher than the defending player's roll, N$100 will be taken from the defending player's money total, and added to the attacking player's money total.

Move: E8 to F8
Move: F8 to G8
Proximity between G8 and H7

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 15, 2014, 07:52:12 pm »

Vote: Yes on this proposal
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 15, 2014, 08:42:01 pm »

Vote: No on Rule 357(?)

I like the idea, but this execution is bad. We have the procedure of improving the execution of a rule, called "proposing a draft rule".

- What if the defending player never rolls? He won't lose money? Easy way to dodge the attack.
- The rule doesn't specify what happens when the rolls are equal. Of course this means that nothing happens, but it's still sloppy to treat another case where you do explicitly say that nothing happens.
- The current rule allows a player to attack the same player unlimited times per turn. Is this intended? It sounds bad to me.
- "I don't care if you have N$50 left, I rob N$100 from you, so now you have N$-50"

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 15, 2014, 10:26:30 pm »

Vote: No on Rule 357

What florrat said.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 15, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »

Although I don't think allowing this kind of malicious behaviour is a bad idea in general.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 15, 2014, 10:52:12 pm »

Vote: No on 357

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 15, 2014, 10:52:43 pm »

Although I don't think allowing this kind of malicious behaviour is a bad idea in general.

Is this the general sentiment? 

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 16, 2014, 02:55:16 am »

Is this the general sentiment?

This is just, "I'm fine with the idea in general, just not this implementation of it".

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 16, 2014, 02:55:33 am »

Although I'm not sure how I'd suggest doing it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 16, 2014, 02:40:32 pm »

Vote: No on Rule 357(?)

I like the idea, but this execution is bad. We have the procedure of improving the execution of a rule, called "proposing a draft rule".

- What if the defending player never rolls? He won't lose money? Easy way to dodge the attack.
- The rule doesn't specify what happens when the rolls are equal. Of course this means that nothing happens, but it's still sloppy to treat another case where you do explicitly say that nothing happens.
- The current rule allows a player to attack the same player unlimited times per turn. Is this intended? It sounds bad to me.
- "I don't care if you have N$50 left, I rob N$100 from you, so now you have N$-50"
Wait--I never said what proposal it was. Lets count that as my draft, then.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 16, 2014, 02:43:11 pm »

"Final proposal: "

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 16, 2014, 02:44:34 pm »

But I didn't number the proposal. Isn't that required?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 16, 2014, 03:09:58 pm »

Not as I read the rules. It is automatically given the number 357 for reference, as required, but there's nothing actually stating that you have to state when making your final proposal what number it's been given.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 16, 2014, 03:45:27 pm »

Not as I read the rules. It is automatically given the number 357 for reference, as required, but there's nothing actually stating that you have to state when making your final proposal what number it's been given.
Oh. Heheh oops :)

Well at least I got the idea out there.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 16, 2014, 05:01:49 pm »

Vote: No on Rule 357

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 16, 2014, 05:37:22 pm »

Vote: Yes on Rule 357

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 16, 2014, 05:37:50 pm »

I'd rather you can push people around, though, screw with proximity etc.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.