Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61  All

Author Topic: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Serial Killer wins!)  (Read 131442 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1025 on: April 16, 2014, 08:51:42 am »

It was late, I had been drinking, I literally posted and went to bed, I just got up.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 16, 2014, 08:53:24 am »

1. Robz
2. sudgy/axxle
3. Voltaire

This is where we are. I will now be gone for the next 10-12 hours. Hopefully we can finish the mass-claim except for me in that time.

If Robz refuses to claim, poke him with sticks or lynch him, I don't mind either way.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Night 2)
« Reply #1027 on: April 16, 2014, 11:43:14 am »

"Eloquence, at its highest pitch, leaves little room for reason or reflection, but addresses itself entirely to the desires and affections, captivating the willing hearers, and subduing their understanding."
- David Hume

Vote Count 3.2

mail-mi (1): Axxle
jotheonah (1): AndrewisFTTW
AndrewisFTTW (1): jotheonah
mcmcsalot (1): Robz888

Not Voting (5): sudgy, mail-mi, scott_pilgrim, mcmcsalot, Voltaire

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Day 3 ends on April 23 at noon.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 16, 2014, 12:36:51 pm »

Fine. As I have already said, I outsmarted you all by picking the number 3. This gave me first position in the draft. I thought long and hard about my choice, knowing that I would automatically get whatever I took. Doctor and Cop aren't good roles for me (I want other people to use those PRs on me). Jailkeeper is I think potentially the most powerful think, but I don't have the best track record wit it. I was very intrigued by slot 9, but ultimately I decided the best thing I could do was deny mafia a strong PR by picking a good slot for mafia. I think that's slot 1. Vengeful is an extremely strong role for mafia, as is strongman.

So I chose Night 3 Vigilante from Slot 1, and hoped that mafia would go for it and town would go for slot 9.

I was thinking this was going to pretty useless at this point against a 1-shot BP SK... but, well, I will obviously be killing mail-mi, and that's a good thing, I think.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 16, 2014, 01:07:59 pm »

Robz, I would love a do-over for that performance, wherein I thought that claiming vig as SK was super clever and original.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 16, 2014, 01:20:10 pm »

I want to comment! Bah.

I picked 1 because 1 is the best number to pick obviously. I mean it's the lowest positive integer! I thought that people would be too paranoid to choose so low, I was wrong.

I ended up drafting 13th. I picked the set of roles that looked the worst so I'd have the best chance of getting it. Slot 6 bus driver. Got it and here I am.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 16, 2014, 02:38:16 pm »

I didn't understand the setup pretty much at all (I understand it now), and didn't know what exactly was going on.  After jokingly choosing Graham's Number, I went with 9 seeing something in the setup about 9 being an alternative to choosing a role (yep, I was that stupid).

I got draft position 6, and went with Slot 9 since I didn't care what role I got.  I got it, and I could have chosen a Roleblocker, 1-shot Alignment Cop, or a Role Cop.  I don't think town roleblockers are that great, and I knew that town or mafia could get the same roles so I didn't think the role cop would be that great, so I went with the 1-shot cop.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 16, 2014, 02:55:18 pm »

Robz, I would love a do-over for that performance, wherein I thought that claiming vig as SK was super clever and original.

Well, that's kind of different, though. Your claim was theoretically a way to excuse all these extra night kills you were creating. I just do a vig shot once, and it would be in addition my SK shot, if I was SK.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 16, 2014, 02:57:13 pm »

Well, that's kind of different, though. Your claim was theoretically a way to excuse all these extra night kills you were creating. I just do a vig shot once, and it would be in addition my SK shot, if I was SK.

You're right, of course. I'm just joshing.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 16, 2014, 03:02:19 pm »

Well, that's everyone except Voltaire, who is confirmed town. We can talk about it now, yes?

Mail-mi, the problem with your claim is it puts us in a very tough spot. You must understand that you are in a group of 4 people or so that are more likely to be the SK. A lyncproof, 1-shot BP SK is basically so dangerous... it will take us forever to kill you! I think lynchproof is anti-town or you, even if you are town, because we can't even clear you by lynching you. We would have to lynch you twice.

But, thankfully, I can just shoot you at night. And if there's only one night death, that means my vig shot hit you, a BP SK, and you are the SK.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: April 16, 2014, 03:05:00 pm »

I'm going to make like a list or something to keep all this straight.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 16, 2014, 03:07:07 pm »

Copied from my QT (whoops!).

Robz888: Pick 1, Slot 1, N3 Vig.

sudgy: Pick 6, Slot 9, 1-shot Alignment Cop.

mcmcsalot: Pick 8, Slot 9, VT

scott_pilgrim: Pick 9, Slot 8, VT (tried for tracker)

AndrewisFTTW: Pick 10, Slot 7, VT (tried for neighborizer).

jotheonah: Pick 11, Slot 3, VT (tried for cop).

Axxle: Pick 13, Slot 6, 1-shot Bus Driver.

mail-mi: Pick 14, Slot 2, 1-shot Lynchproof.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 16, 2014, 03:07:23 pm »

Well, that's everyone except Voltaire, who is confirmed town. We can talk about it now, yes?

Mail-mi, the problem with your claim is it puts us in a very tough spot. You must understand that you are in a group of 4 people or so that are more likely to be the SK. A lyncproof, 1-shot BP SK is basically so dangerous... it will take us forever to kill you! I think lynchproof is anti-town or you, even if you are town, because we can't even clear you by lynching you. We would have to lynch you twice.

But, thankfully, I can just shoot you at night. And if there's only one night death, that means my vig shot hit you, a BP SK, and you are the SK.

Unfortunately, if you're the SK, you're now in an awesome place to frame mail-mi.

He/him

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 16, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »

Unfortunately, if you're the SK, you're now in an awesome place to frame mail-mi.

...And if mail-mi flips town, we know Robz is the SK.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 16, 2014, 03:11:50 pm »

That's not true at all. He might just be a lynchproof townie, like he claims. Him being town doesn't implicate me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 16, 2014, 03:12:27 pm »

Yeah, but that's not really of my doing, is it?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 16, 2014, 03:13:15 pm »

And as I've said before, and hopefully mcmc confirmed for you, if I was SK with guaranteed PR choice, I would take convert to townie or convert to Survivor. Probably convert to Survivor, claim immediately, sit back and collect an easy win.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 16, 2014, 03:13:26 pm »

+ the dead

Robz888: Pick 1, Slot 1, N3 Vig.

sudgy: Pick 6, Slot 9, 1-shot Alignment Cop.

mcmcsalot: Pick 8, Slot 9, VT

scott_pilgrim: Pick 9, Slot 8, VT (tried for tracker)

AndrewisFTTW: Pick 10, Slot 7, VT (tried for neighborizer).

jotheonah: Pick 11, Slot 3, VT (tried for cop).

Axxle: Pick 13, Slot 6, 1-shot Bus Driver.

mail-mi: Pick 14, Slot 2, 1-shot Lynchproof.

Teproc: Pick ??, Slot 4, 1-shot watcher

XP: Pick ??, Slot ??, Goon

yuma: Pick ??, Slot ??, VT

ADK: Pick ??, Slot 8, Jailkeeper

theorel: Pick ??, Slot ??, VT

ashersky: Pick ??, Slot 3, mafia cop

He/him

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 16, 2014, 03:14:53 pm »

That's not true at all. He might just be a lynchproof townie, like he claims. Him being town doesn't implicate me.

No I'm saying if he doesn't die from your vig shot N3, and we lynch him and he flips town, then you're the SK.  After tonight you're a confirmed IC is what I'm saying because joth's explanation that you might frame mail-mi would force you to lose.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 16, 2014, 03:15:46 pm »

Yeah, but that's not really of my doing, is it?

It kind of is. You claimed after him. Also, if you frame the lynchproof guy, you make us waste two lynches. Pretty darn good for you.

Here's my thinking about your defense. I think you'd like to be the first SK to win a balanced game in F.DS mafia history. I think the chance to try that might have been worth the possible blemish on your record.

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 16, 2014, 03:16:10 pm »

Vote: Robz

Instigates a massclaim so he can use both his shots effectively.

Chooses a role that he doesn't need at all as town, he's usually got an authoritative enough voice to direct the lynch. It would have been a much more town move to take an investigative role.

This is a pretty blatant scumslip: "I was thinking this was going to pretty useless at this point against a 1-shot BP SK... but, well, I will obviously be killing mail-mi, and that's a good thing, I think."

In the above quote he knows mail-mi is town but is shooting him anyway.

--------------------------------------------

I think I'm just going to look at play from today on, since there just so much noise before today and SK should be completely shifting gears at this point. And I'm terrible about rereading.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 16, 2014, 03:16:42 pm »

above was ninjaed by 7 posts

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 16, 2014, 03:17:12 pm »

No I'm saying if he doesn't die from your vig shot N3, and we lynch him and he flips town, then you're the SK.  After tonight you're a confirmed IC is what I'm saying because joth's explanation that you might frame mail-mi would force you to lose.

But I guess there may be other explanations for him not dying like doc/jailkeeper or something, I didn't really think about it.  I guess we could just say no one protect mail-mi tonight.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 16, 2014, 03:18:34 pm »

But don't forget we have to lynch him twice in that scenario.  So there's 8 of us left.

Tonight, we lynch someone, neither Robz nor mail-mi. Robz shoots someone else.

Tomorrow, there's 6 of us left. We lynch mail-mi. He doesn't die because he's lynch-proof. RObz shoots someone else.

Next day, 5 of us left. We lynch mail-mi. Robz shoots someone else.

Next day, 3 of us left. I guess that's technically enough to lynch Robz, but boy is it cutting it close.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 16, 2014, 03:19:45 pm »

Oh wait, there's 9 of us left.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61  All

Page created in 2.369 seconds with 17 queries.