Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61  All

Author Topic: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Serial Killer wins!)  (Read 131471 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (D1 starts!)
« Reply #575 on: April 07, 2014, 12:55:54 pm »

So Axxle and mcmc just switched. GOOD JOB GUYS.

Haha!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 07, 2014, 01:04:46 pm »

vote: Scott pilgrim l-2 I believe, this is because I think scum is more likely to have seen my vote on Adk(which I already pointed out idk why I was voting for him) and want to use it to get a lynch through. I think if one of scott/Adk is scum that's the more logical reasoning for the Adk wagon.
Wait, what? Why is your vote so important? Who on the ADK wagon is scum with scott?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 07, 2014, 01:06:07 pm »

I just realized who your avatar is. We should run Magic mafia with iconic characters from the games' history and some kind of planeswalking mechanic.
That'd be fun. Probably just change a mechanic every day. Like: Day 1: Everyone is hated.  Day 2: umm.... ??? Probably could use some "Draw 3 cards, put two back"ing
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 07, 2014, 05:45:46 pm »

vote: Scott pilgrim l-2 I believe, this is because I think scum is more likely to have seen my vote on Adk(which I already pointed out idk why I was voting for him) and want to use it to get a lynch through. I think if one of scott/Adk is scum that's the more logical reasoning for the Adk wagon.
Wait, what? Why is your vote so important? Who on the ADK wagon is scum with scott?

no clue, my thought process was just that "hey my vote has been on adk for forever for no reason and hes about to be lynched. There is an equal sized wagon on scot but people seem to be leaning toward adk(only technically though because my vote is null) I should swap.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 07, 2014, 05:47:46 pm »

Why swap though? Why not try to get something going on someone you do have a scumread on? Who do you have scumreads on? scott?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 07, 2014, 05:48:02 pm »

Is ADK on VLA or something? He is not going down the way I would expect scum to go down. Scotty is going down in a more scum way, I think.

Do we want claims? Order claims, too?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 07, 2014, 05:48:41 pm »

Is ADK on VLA or something? He is not going down the way I would expect scum to go down. Scotty is going down in a more scum way, I think.

He said that he is semi-VLA due to not having electricity in his home or something like that...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 07, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »

Oh, that's right. Kind of explains it.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 07, 2014, 05:51:12 pm »

Why swap though? Why not try to get something going on someone you do have a scumread on? Who do you have scumreads on? scott?

because i'm a sucky suck face who won't read :( and I trust the reads of the players on scott more. As well as agree his vote on scott is scummy
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 07, 2014, 05:51:26 pm »

Do we want claims? Order claims, too?

No claims yet I think.

And I think there is becoming a high probability that neither are scum. Based off what I pointed out earlier about them not voting for each other and other things I have noted--specifically about scott receiving lurker attention early. Scott did end up voting for ADK, but I think perhaps scum gets on that larger wagon earlier. Survivalism is a universal trait for both alignments, but lack of survivalism I think points towards town. ADK is that way and scott was until it was pointed out to him, thus less scummy I think (than if he had moved there by himself)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 07, 2014, 05:54:40 pm »

I think if scott had voted for ADK by himself that could have been seen as scummy. But I had pointed it out that he wasn't and then he did (survivalism). Robz had said that kinda indicated he was town. I think scum wouldn't do that after getting some towncred for it and after being called out in that way...

Basically I don't think we are heading toward scum with a scott wagon. With ADK I am less sure about, him not being around makes it harder to tell...

(also I don't like the trend f.ds has had of late of voting wagons based off your town reads voting patterns... I don't think it is scummy, I just think it isn't the best policy of play, because reads are never 100%--even 50% is hard to come by--accurate so you are putting too much trust in people whom you can't have full trust)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 07, 2014, 05:56:50 pm »

Now I need to catch up here.  Will be doing that.

Did you get fully caught up. If you didn't no sweat... as I understand you just started up your work week... but if you did you didn't provide much analysis of everything that has been going on just saying that a post from scott was scummy from the "current" timeframe.

Basically I have been kinda hoping you would see my cases on Teproc and Voltaire as having merit and would be willing to join them as I don't think I know your opinion on them.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 07, 2014, 05:59:19 pm »

I think if scott had voted for ADK by himself that could have been seen as scummy. But I had pointed it out that he wasn't and then he did (survivalism). Robz had said that kinda indicated he was town. I think scum wouldn't do that after getting some towncred for it and after being called out in that way...

I'm not a fan of these reasonings, I don't think there is a universal way wagons on scum go down : in Super Mario people argued that the wagon on chairs stalled and was therefore on scum, which wasn't true. In DoP the wagon on AHoppy stalled with no one caring, and people thought it was because AHoppy was town, when in reality it was because scum was already bussing.

Also, and I know you make this point but it's important : ADK being V/LA kind of makes that reasoning invalid.

(also I don't like the trend f.ds has had of late of voting wagons based off your town reads voting patterns... I don't think it is scummy, I just think it isn't the best policy of play, because reads are never 100%--even 50% is hard to come by--accurate so you are putting too much trust in people whom you can't have full trust)

This I agree with though.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 07, 2014, 06:00:06 pm »

because i'm a sucky suck face who won't read :( and I trust the reads of the players on scott more. As well as agree his vote on scott is scummy

Who's vote on whom ? Do you mean his self-vote thingie ? I don't really know why people find that scummy.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 07, 2014, 06:02:44 pm »

I'm not a fan of these reasonings, I don't think there is a universal way wagons on scum go down : in Super Mario people argued that the wagon on chairs stalled and was therefore on scum, which wasn't true. In DoP the wagon on AHoppy stalled with no one caring, and people thought it was because AHoppy was town, when in reality it was because scum was already bussing.

I agree with you in general. But here I think there is an important difference... the lack of (at least initially) voting for each other. And then then voting of scott after I pointed it out and Robz gave some towncred for it. I don't think scott would respond with a vote if he were scum in this way. That is my main take away, not so much anything like what is stated in the games above.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 07, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »

I agree with you in general. But here I think there is an important difference... the lack of (at least initially) voting for each other. And then then voting of scott after I pointed it out and Robz gave some towncred for it. I don't think scott would respond with a vote if he were scum in this way. That is my main take away, not so much anything like what is stated in the games above.

How would you expect scum!scott to respond though ? I could see giving him town points for not voting beforeRobz pointed it out, but you seem to be giving hem for voting after Robz did, which I think scum would also do.

And I don't think the argument really applies to ADK because of his V/LA.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 07, 2014, 06:15:18 pm »

Basically I don't think we are heading toward scum with a scott wagon. With ADK I am less sure about, him not being around makes it harder to tell...

Yeah, I essentially agree. I was thinking it was the other way around, Scotty a little more likely than ADK, but given this point and ADK's pseudo VLA, you are probably right. And in either case, I don't think either are all that likely to be scum.

The problem is, I don't know who I prefer.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:01 pm »

And I don't prefer Teproc and Voltaire, because the cost of mislynching them is much higher, and I'm not persuaded by the cases against them.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:42 pm »

How about... mail-mi?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 07, 2014, 06:20:02 pm »

Games need a balance of leaders, sheepers, thinkers, questioners to function well. Too many of one and everything falls apart. It's all in my new book: Rope a Dope.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 07, 2014, 06:21:06 pm »

Vote: Mail-mi

Thoughts?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 07, 2014, 06:27:27 pm »

Now I need to catch up here.  Will be doing that.

Did you get fully caught up. If you didn't no sweat... as I understand you just started up your work week... but if you did you didn't provide much analysis of everything that has been going on just saying that a post from scott was scummy from the "current" timeframe.

Basically I have been kinda hoping you would see my cases on Teproc and Voltaire as having merit and would be willing to join them as I don't think I know your opinion on them.

Sorry, no.  I got swamped yesterday.  Will do in the next 90 minutes.  I started yesterday, but found it a bit...dull?  Is that the right word.  I think whomever said (maybe it was Robz) that there just aren't very many interactions here is correct.

I'll find something to get people riled up, though, I'm sure.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 07, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »

Vote: Mail-mi

Thoughts?

I'm not against it, but I actually like the ADK lynch, so I'm staying there.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 07, 2014, 06:35:34 pm »

Okay, I basically have no reads at the moment, so I'm going to be rereading each person with my thoughts on them.  I'm not going to be around tomorrow morning (that's 7 for me and a bit too early), so I'll vote by tonight.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 07, 2014, 06:36:01 pm »

Okay, I basically have no reads at the moment, so I'm going to be rereading each person with my thoughts on them.

That should be rereading each person and posting my thoughts on them.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 17 queries.