Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 61  All

Author Topic: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Serial Killer wins!)  (Read 132278 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (D1 starts!)
« Reply #325 on: April 02, 2014, 12:42:11 pm »

I just re-read everything and I still like my vote on ADK. Teproc, ADK was scum in Super Mario?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2014, 12:45:26 pm »

I just re-read everything and I still like my vote on ADK. Teproc, ADK was scum in Super Mario?

ADK was town in Super Mario, I think Teproc was saying that he thought it was super obvious ADK was town there, and now he (Teproc) can't tell what he (ADK) is in this game, so he (Teproc) thinks it's because he (ADK) might be scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 02, 2014, 12:46:07 pm »

He wasn't.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 02, 2014, 12:48:22 pm »

He was town, and I think I called his "super-duper town" in my reads post at the end of day 1 (I was also town). He just seemed to approach everything carefully and was making sense in a way that read very townie to me, especially since it was his first game.

I don't see that at all here, which is why I brought it up. It wouldn't be enough for me to really suspect him on its own, but when you add that to the way he jumped on the Voltaire wagon and his first vote on Axxle which felt very forced, it's enough to make him my top scum read.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 02, 2014, 12:52:08 pm »

Alright well... I think most of us have played with town!ADK and he can be a little jumpy with his votes even then, but this seems a little excessive. From Axxle to yuma to Volt in the span of 3 pages.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 02, 2014, 07:35:00 pm »

Sorry everyone, I've been busy and just not all that interested in mafia at the current moment. so i'll do some stuff later (maybe)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 02, 2014, 09:35:06 pm »

@mail-mi: I hereby shame you, shame shame shame.  We've all been super-active in this thread, your not posting is totally unacceptable [/sarcasm]

I keep looking at the thread to see if I should say anything, and find nothing to say.
I'm gonna look back at ADK in this thread, and see if he appears overly jumpy to me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 02, 2014, 09:37:56 pm »

We've still got some time. Dunno that we have useful interactions yet, though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 02, 2014, 09:40:22 pm »

has joth ever chimed in... hard to get interactions when people aren't around to interact

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 02, 2014, 09:40:44 pm »

I still think people should vote for voltaire

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 02, 2014, 09:45:15 pm »

Could you in like two sentences summarize why?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 02, 2014, 09:47:27 pm »

Could you in like two sentences summarize why?

I'll let theorel say it:
vote: Voltaire, I find his dropping in to encourage teproc to continue pursuing yuma with wuick one-liners of "yeah that's scum-yuma" to be the scummiest thing happening by a long-shot.  scumScore: 30

Plus I think he is voting for me by hiding behind his "frustrated!yuma is scum!yuma" assumption

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 02, 2014, 09:50:15 pm »

Okay. Well, I'm not persuaded by him, or by you, really. I sort of just think you're both town right now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 02, 2014, 09:51:58 pm »

Okay. Well, I'm not persuaded by him, or by you, really. I sort of just think you're both town right now.

Who are you voting for? I have no idea...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 02, 2014, 09:52:30 pm »

I think I'm voting for ADK. I had good reasons for it. I've forgotten them.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:24 pm »

Here.

So it seems like people have stopped talking about theory and have are now talking about whether people should be lynched for wanting to talk about theory or not wanting to talk about theory, but...

People have brought up the possibility of number-claiming, and isn't that something we'd pretty much have to do day one in order for it to be useful? I assume that information isn't included in the flip. For that matter, would a converted SK flip as such, or would they flip as a VT?

As to who's scummy or not: it's hard to tell since most of the talk has been theory talk (besides the random wagon on Andrew) or people arguing over whether theory talk is good or not, and I have no real experience with that matter- I've never been in a game where a mass claim happened early on. I do find Axxle a little scummy for his repeated "I'll be back when theory talk is over", you can talk about stuff while other people are talking you know, or even try to stop them from doing it. Making excuses to lurk at the very least seems anti-town.

Vote: Axxle

This is a deceptively empty post. Vote: ADK

So, that's not much.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 02, 2014, 09:58:20 pm »

Not seeing anything in Voltaire. When does the day end? Maybe we should just lynch joth for being Lurky McGhee.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:02 pm »

Not seeing anything in Voltaire. When does the day end? Maybe we should just lynch joth for being Lurky McGhee.

Wouldn't be the worst thing.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:19 pm »

In fact, sure. Vote: Jotheonah

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:40 pm »

Although there are a handful of people lurking almost as bad.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 02, 2014, 10:22:39 pm »

Yeah, I don't get the ADK wagon.  I mean, I guess he's kind of jumpy?  But I wouldn't really call it scummy.

I don't agree with his vote on Axxle for saying "be back when theory is over", but that has to do with it being Axxle, more than his stance in that post.  I don't get what Robz saw in it.
I understand his knee-jerk vote on yuma, unless it's totally uncharacteristic for him to knee-jerk (like if I did it I'd be accusing myself of being scum).
And then changing his mind to Voltaire, which was a good and reasonable case.

Hmm...maybe the ADK wagon is scummy?
Well, Robz...I wish I could read him.  He seems so towny this game, towny-Robz=scum-Robz.  I read him townie in DS-9 he was scum.  I read him townie in Pirates he was scum.  But those games are so long ago.  And he seems so towny here.  OTOH, I read him as scummy in Buffy where he was town.  And in that game liopoil hosted, with the rotating double-doctor-vig thing, and he was town.  I really think I have reverse reads on Robz, like what I think is town-Robz is actually scum-Robz and vice versa.  But I'm meta-ing myself, and that just feels too mind-bending to be a reasonable thing to do.  And Robz is being so reasonable! I really want this to be town-Robz!  Waffles!  Waffles mafia I thought Robz was probably town-Robz, convinced myself he was probably scum-Robz, and then let my town-read over-ride it, and then let bad investigation re-over-ride that.  Then he lynched me for asking permission to vote him.  Okay, Waffles says that trying to reverse my Robz-read is a mistake.  So, I'm going to stick by my guns, and go with a town-read here.  Good, I didn't want to try to continuously second-guess myself, I might have broken something!

Okay, well, where was I?  ADK-wagon....
Somebody else voted for him....I forget who, and the vote-count isn't on the Topic Summary down below.  I'll fill this in later.

Then Teproc.  But he had a silly argument with yuma, so I don't feel like voting there, because then the argument might come back.

Then AndrewisFTTW.  Hmm...I dunno.  I think other people had voted him for quasi-real reasons.  They were discussed.  I don't remember them.

Maybe scum is just lurking like lurky lurkers.  Game's stalled out for the moment, good excuse to lurk as scum?  Talking might get you lynched after all.
But then, maybe folks is just busy.  I'd feel bad for lynching busy folks.  Not that I'm lynching them exclusively, there's 7 other people with me.  Those people are all unreasonable and not willing to give you a moment's rest.  Jeez, it's only the third day of the game, why are we lynching already?

Lurkers to me at this moment are: mail-mi, joth, Axxle, and the people I don't remember are in the game.
Not: yuma, Robz, Teproc, mcmc, Voltaire, AndrewisFTTW, ADK, myself (still weird to me to not be in the lurker-with-big-posts category).
Actually, given that I have a terrible memory, there's no guarantee the other 4 people are actually lurkers.
Looking it up now...
scott_pilgrim...he's been kind of lurky, though he self-commentated on it humorously...he's maybe posted more since then, but there have been *8* posts in the last 24 hours, so it's not like anyone is really posting lately.
XerxesPraelor...I'm not sure if he's actually lurky...he has no place in my brain.  I'm not entirely convinced this is his fault.
sudgy...yeah, pretty lurky I think.
ashersky...His VLA is over (I think, timezones make days confusing), he should be here, telling us all who the scum are, or starting a wagon on himself, or making us lose outright because he's so amazing at scum.  But still, VLA, so I'm not going to categorize him as lurking.

Okay, so, lurker voting....let's see.
I'm going back to vote: joth, his excuse for lurking seems flimsiest.

@all you lurking people: this thread has been pretty quiet.  It should be really easy to catch up.  It might be hard to have something to say, but just say something.  How about: is ADK scum?

PPE: 12 posts...tricky people having conversations while I talk about how nothing is happening.  At any rate the 8 post thing in the last 24 is false now, but it was true 12 posts ago :)

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 02, 2014, 10:25:31 pm »

Funny that I came to the same conclusion in my writing of the post as 2 people did conversing outside my post.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 02, 2014, 10:26:03 pm »

sometimes I get scummy vibes from theorel.... but then I think... man he is doing all this work, no way he can be scum... and then I hit myself and remember that scum does work all the time...

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 02, 2014, 10:28:52 pm »

Do I do a lot of work?  I think I'm just verbose.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 02, 2014, 10:30:22 pm »

sometimes I get scummy vibes from theorel.... but then I think... man he is doing all this work, no way he can be scum... and then I hit myself and remember that scum does work all the time...

But lynching the people who do the most work is also a surefire way to just plain lose, I've realized.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 16 queries.