Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 129923 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #775 on: March 09, 2014, 09:03:14 pm »

I have to admit that I am tunneling ADK about as hard as the rest of the game is tunneling me. Robz, can you post your points on mcmc and why you prioritize him over ADK?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 09, 2014, 09:40:12 pm »

I don't think the Eevee kill is super, super surprising. Either scum correctly guessed he was Cop (possibly off of the thing Axxle mentioned), or just knew, well, they needed the kill to go through, and he was one of the people not likely to be protected, but also not likely to be a huge suspect.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 09, 2014, 09:41:09 pm »

I'll try to post my case on mcmc a little later tonight, but if you look back you can basically see everything I have to say about it. I think mcmc was trying to distract from the yuma lynch most aggressively, while nominally supporting it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #778 on: March 09, 2014, 09:49:51 pm »

Vote Count 3.2:

ADK (2): pingpongsam, scott_pilgrim
PPS (3): Axxle, mcmcsalot, Robz888

Not Voting (3): mail-mi, A Drowned Kernel, shraeye

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 ends at 5:20 p.m. on Wednesday, March 19.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 09, 2014, 09:52:55 pm »

I'll try to post my case on mcmc a little later tonight, but if you look back you can basically see everything I have to say about it. I think mcmc was trying to distract from the yuma lynch most aggressively, while nominally supporting it.

I'll add that he is the most fervent supporter of my lynch as well. Although, that ADK is so far absent (which may just be him not visiting the thread yet) strikes me as more telling. The scum who pushes for my lynch knowing I flip Town is going to get it later so it behooves them to let town do the dirty work for a couple days.

Robz, why are you prioritizing me ahead of the other guys? Yeah, my play has been highly erratic, but where was it downright scummy?

I'll be responding to mcmc's case tomorrow afternoon, I've had a lot going on this weekend. Please don't lynch me until I have A) responded to mcmc and B) had a chance to do an L-1 claim. At L-2 I already feel L-1 because another Town vote and scum can hammer me (ahem, ADK).

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: March 09, 2014, 10:02:01 pm »

I was not positive yesterday.  Still not positive.  Axxle, what's the reason?
On autopilot right now, I know I wanted to lynch him yesterday and that's good enough.

Been thinking about a massclaim but that probably won't work since there's still a roleblocker?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 09, 2014, 10:37:55 pm »

Excellent, all excellent. I think we pretty much can't lose now.

Vote: PPS

If PPS flips town, I definitely think mcmc is the next choice for scum. After that, I would give some consideration to PPS's case on ADK, I suppose.

I can see this working out. Can we please try ADK first, though?

Can anyone postulate why Eevee was the NK? I think it points to ADK since he was the only other one truly looking into the ADK lynch yesterday.
I think there wasn't any controversy around eevee like there is around other players.  Additionally, there were many players that seemed obvtown to one person or another, so perhaps mafia was trying to kill the most non-descript person assuming that PRs would want to hang out in that area.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 09, 2014, 10:38:56 pm »

On autopilot right now, I know I wanted to lynch him yesterday and that's good enough.

Been thinking about a massclaim but that probably won't work since there's still a roleblocker?

there's a roleblocker??

Vote: axxle

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 09, 2014, 10:50:33 pm »

Okay, i looked over mcmc's case on me. It's piecemeal and disregards the additional context of my overall strategy which, btw, has been quite effective in exposing scum despite making me look insane. all it confirms is he has tunnel vision.

I think his hard press on me is a slight town tell. Scum knows I'm flipping town. I think both Robz and mcmc will be voting one another once I flip. Who is avoiding the spotlight in this fallout...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 09, 2014, 11:37:14 pm »

there's a roleblocker??

um yeah look at the setup. If there's a strongman, there's a roleblocker. Don't vote axxle for reading the setup, plz.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 09, 2014, 11:38:21 pm »

i think that, because wagons, ADK fits the bill of newbie scum perfectly.

PPS's constant fighting with yuma doesn't make him townie, but makes him less scummy, so I think I'm going to go with vote: adk
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 10, 2014, 12:04:10 am »

If I understand the rules correctly the roleblocker can't use their power and make the night kill in the same night so there isn't much danger, right?

I'm perfectly fine to vote for PPS. His whole "I was actually lying to set a trap for scum" thing seems shady to me, his hammer of Yuma looks like scum making a desperation move, and his references to Eevee read to me like he knew getting me lynched today was his only hope of survival, so he killed a person that was voicing suspicion of me so he could set up that argument.

Vote: PPS

@Scott I don't feel like people are generally swayed by emotional arguments in these things so I try not to make them. I acknowledge that my unvote on Day One looks scummy, and my explanation for them now is the same one that I made then, which was my wariness of a quickly forming wagon. That wariness showed through again with my intent to hammer yesterday. Given the results of this game I'm obviously re-evaluating my stance on that.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 10, 2014, 12:04:27 am »

That's L-1 sorry forgot to say.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 10, 2014, 12:43:21 am »

Vote Count 3.3:

ADK (3): pingpongsam, scott_pilgrim, mail-mi
PPS (4): Axxle, mcmcsalot, Robz888, A Drowned Kernel
Axxle (1): shraeye

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 ends at 5:20 p.m. on Wednesday, March 19.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 10, 2014, 12:45:00 am »

Actually, Unvote.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:14 am »

I'm unvoting so there's no mistakes here.

PPS is still my choice for lynch, but I want him to have a chance to claim. And none of this, "I'm not claiming" nonsense. If you don't claim, you die for sure.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:50 am »

So, time to claim, PPS.

No more votes in the mean time. Thanks, everyone.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 10, 2014, 01:06:25 am »

there's a roleblocker??

::)
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 10, 2014, 06:34:56 am »

Well, looks like it is up to shraye, really. If I am wrong about ADK I am the obvious lynch so I really do not understand why I should have to go first. Also, ADK is at L -1 but no one is demanding he claim. I am plain old VT and I am BMO as already said. So who does ADK claim to be and why is it necessary to kill me first when I am the obvious next lynch if ADK flips town? It's not like I have left myself an out, which scumpps absolutely would do as anyone who has played with me knows. That said the ones voting ADK are those people except Robz who has only seen me play scum as his partner.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 10, 2014, 06:40:26 am »

That ADK could not make any contributions other than a weak defense he has already made and to take the only vote viable to scum just confirms to me that he is scum. If I were scum I would be chasing a 3rd wagon here.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: March 10, 2014, 09:32:27 am »

Okay, i looked over mcmc's case on me. It's piecemeal and disregards the additional context of my overall strategy which, btw, has been quite effective in exposing scum despite making me look insane. all it confirms is he has tunnel vision.

I think his hard press on me is a slight town tell. Scum knows I'm flipping town. I think both Robz and mcmc will be voting one another once I flip. Who is avoiding the spotlight in this fallout...

another reason he is scum for making no sense, tobz is pretty much ic btween the eevee thing and the wonderful job of lynching yuma. I have an extremely solid town read on him.

He may vote for me, and I guess I see why in the event pps is town. But I want to make sure I was not trying to distract from the yuma lynch I simply wanted pps/yuma(at the time I thought robz could be scum in the event yuma was town) and robz wanted yuma/pps so that was why I was questioning the yuma lynch. Yesterday I saw a possibility of a pps/robz team pushing town yuma. Now I am sure robz is town, and still think pps is.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 10, 2014, 09:32:58 am »

also way to respond to my page long case with "meh its bad"
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 10, 2014, 09:37:47 am »

Final Day 1 Vote Count:

raerae (7): AndrewisFTTW, mail-mi, mcmcsalot, scott_pilgrim, shraeye, robz888, Axxle
yuma (1): pingpongsam
scott_pilgrim (3): Eevee, A Drowned Kernel, Yuma
AndrewisFTTW (1): raerae

Not Voting (0):

With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

Day 2 Final Vote Count:

yuma (6): shraeye, mail-mi, Robz888, Eevee, Axxle, pingpongsam
PPS (2): mcmcsalot, yuma

Not Voting (2): scott_pilgrim, A Drowned Kernel

With 10 alive, it took 6 to lynch.

PPS only actual response to my case was how i neglected to point out how he has helped catch scum...how have you done that pps? you distracted from the raerae lynch and did nothing but bus the hammer on yuma

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 10, 2014, 11:55:34 am »

Catching scum means getting scum to out themselves. I did this directly with yuma. While the rest of the game was convinced he was scum I wasn't positive until I baited him into full reaction mode. Staying off the raerae wagon was a twofold indirect method. First it encouraged scum to buy into direction from conftown thus preventing a far more confusing bus condition. Secondly I could see raerae was going to happen which told me two things she was likely town and I would be demonized for not helping the lynch happen and/or scum had to have some rocks to hide behind if she was a partner. I chose to be off wagon where the rest of scum was because I knew they would have to make me a target for being off wagon and thus I directly reduced the unknowns in the off wagon pool. I have played a solid game of isolating and discovering scum. Alive my play is not very beneficial to anyone but me and is thus hard to see. Dead my reads spell doom for scum. All I ask is we flip ADK before we flip me. My flip D4 will be far more informative than D3 because I have stood fast on ADK. If I am wrong me flipping town narrows the pool to still winnable proportions. Just lynch ADK first please. If he is town we do lose the flawless victory but we lose that lynching me for sure. Why not lynch ADK first? It is not like I am asking for infinite reprieve. Apologies for the wall of text phone post.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 10, 2014, 12:01:22 pm »

also way to respond to my page long case with "meh its bad"

It's not that it is so bad as there simply isn't a narrative with the any continuity. ADK's games presents a continuous narrative of scum with nothing towny to it.

Describe to me how my antagonizing yuma yesterday makes any sense at all for me to have done as his partner. My biggest fear was he would flip town and second to that was the cop would get NK since he flipped Godfather. Eevee most certainly investigated me last night and had he lived we'd have 3ICs right now which was part of the crazy towny plan.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 16 queries.