Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58  All

Author Topic: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Town Wins on D5!)  (Read 129898 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXIX: Adventure Time! Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2014, 11:56:55 pm »

Has mcmc posted yet?  I don't think so.  Hey, mcmc, get yourself in here and say hi, darn it all.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2014, 04:20:15 am »

I'm just nervous about a lynch going through before people have had a chance to think things through. I'm pretty ambivalent about most people right now. Yeah we don't really have a case on anybody but that hasn't stopped the wagon on shraeye from getting to L-3, which is raising my hackles.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2014, 10:46:20 am »

So you don't think someone should be lynched who we're not 100% on? Fair enough. But how do you propose we become 100% on someone? And what makes your accusation of Raerae any nobler than Yuma's or Axxle's or mail-mi's?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2014, 02:53:28 pm »

I'm just nervous about a lynch going through before people have had a chance to think things through. I'm pretty ambivalent about most people right now. Yeah we don't really have a case on anybody but that hasn't stopped the wagon on shraeye from getting to L-3, which is raising my hackles.
L-3 is ridiculously far from a lynch. If shraeye flips scum I'm taking a good long look at you.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2014, 05:25:58 pm »

Hi. Anybody still playing this game? Scott? Mcmc? Robz? Shraeye? Bueller?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2014, 05:27:48 pm »

Hi. Anybody still playing this game? Scott? Mcmc? Robz? Shraeye? Bueller?

Bueller hasn't even posted yet! vote: Bueller

But really, games generally lag quite a bit on the weekend and then pick up Sunday night/Monday morning quite a bit.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2014, 07:07:55 pm »

While everyone was sitting around the treehouse arguing about who would have to drink the gross goo first, two people appeared at the smashed front door.

A human-sized blue jay walked in, flanked by a tiny raccoon.  They looked around the room, then at each other, then around the room again, then at each other again, then stated in unison:

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

The blue jay turned to the raccoon and said, "dude, I think we're in the wrong place."  The raccoon replied, "yeah man, definitely NOT the tool shed."

They turned and walked out, shaking their heads in disbelief.

Vote Count 1.6:

shraeye (4): raerae, Axxle, mail-mi, yuma
Axxle (1): AndrewisFTTW
raerae (2): Eevee, ADK
Eevee(1): pingpongsam

Not Voting (4): scott_pilgrim, Robz888, mcmcsalot, shraeye

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 4:30 p.m. on February 26, 2014.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2014, 07:37:22 pm »

L-3 is whatever, but I understand what you're saying here.  There just feels like there hasn't been much substantial yet.  Imma look back at things and see if anything falls out.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2014, 07:37:34 pm »

shraeye: vote for someone.
I don't vote on somebody elses schedule; I'll vote for somebody when I'm ready.

That question.  By asking it, what information are you trying to learn?  Is it rhetorical?
That question.  By asking it, what information are you trying to learn?  Is it rhetorical?
I'm trying to learn things about people.  Can't learn things unless I ask.

btw, this is rhetorical. Shraeye is just trying to make the new player look scummy for asking for scumhunting advice. Both trying to get people to target him and discouraging asking these kinds of questions.
Confirm vote: shraeye

Sorry dude, you got it wrong.  I ain't trying to make anybody look scummy.  It turns out I asked a question because I wanted it answered.  Novel thought.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2014, 07:45:06 pm »

i don't follow.  what psychological tool do you have, pps?

People associate claiming with townie-ness, so a flavor claim right off the bat makes PPS seem townie even though there's no logical reason for it to. For the record: I'm Gunter! This gives you zero actual information but it does make me happy because Gunter is hilarious.

(on a reread, sorry this is old)

What people do this?  F.ds has a long standing history of mafia successfully fake-claiming and pushing for claiming while town is hesitant.  Why do you think claiming is townie?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2014, 07:57:55 pm »

pps, did you ever answer this?  your post for reference:
a) You made the soft claim so that other people feel like you have a town role even though it's just the flavor character.

a) I think you're just sore about whatever crappy flavor name you got. Also, as scum, you aren't happy that I do, in fact, have a psychological tool there and you calling it out is an attempt to efface it. Trying to paint the use of a psychological tool as being scummy is disingenuous because Town has every reason to use whatever works for them as well.

In Eevee's defense, I didn't read him as being nervous, and I also don't think being nervous is really scummy.  I do find it odd though that he would first question whether nervousness is scummy, then say he wasn't nervous.  Actually if he hadn't later said that he wasn't actually nervous, I would think that was scummy, because that demonstrates an unawareness of how he is perceived, but since he did later say that he was never nervous...I'm just confused.  I think Eevee was confused?  I don't really think it's indicative of anything.
I read it this way too.

I think we should lynch one of the new guys just to help him grow the thick skin he's gonna need moving forward.

Vote: Andrew

Somewhat of a townread on PPS based off this post. A desire to kill off newbies has often resulted in the vet pushing the townie instead being lynched. As such I don't think scum would risk sticking their neck out like this (even as a joke..., which I think this probably is?)
Yeah, I also agree with this.

Okay, so looking at the players in the game, I have a few questions for the people I don't know.

1.  Eevee - no questions here, he's fuzzy and adorable
2.  scott_pilgrim - I don't know you, can you please give a brief recap of your previous mafia experience whether it be in person or online
3.  Robz888 - no questions
4.  mail-mi - no questions
5.  yuma - no questions
6.  mcmcsalot - no questions
7.  A Drowned Kernel - I think you were showing up as I was leaving but I don't remember much, can I get a recap from you too, please?
8.  pingpongsam - I don't believe our paths ever crossed but I think you were around here before I was.  No questions just yet.
9.  raerae - nada
10. AndrewisFTTW - You are completely new to me, recap please?
11. shraeye - no questions
12. Axxle - no questions

It's a bit further in...you got any other thoughts?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2014, 08:01:48 pm »

I just re-read you previous post. Thank you and sorry for thr misunderstanding. But I'm still not changing my vote though... yet.

Do you plan on changing your vote?  Is axxle currently the scummiest looking to you?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2014, 08:06:23 pm »

It's a bit further in...you got any other thoughts?

They're forming.  Nothing to report in just yet though.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2014, 08:07:35 pm »

Day 1 ends on Wednesday.  So let's all get crackin'.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2014, 08:10:50 pm »

Day 1 ends on Wednesday.  So let's all get crackin'.
I thought days were 10 days long.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2014, 08:16:57 pm »

Day 1 ends at 4:30 p.m. on February 26, 2014.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2014, 08:19:42 pm »

I just re-read you previous post. Thank you and sorry for thr misunderstanding. But I'm still not changing my vote though... yet.

Do you plan on changing your vote?  Is axxle currently the scummiest looking to you?

Not really anymore, as Yuma cleared some stuff up for me concerning Axxle's meta. Nothing's really jumping out at me yet, especially considering what one person calls scummy, another person would consider townie. I guess I could benefit from a re-read from the beginning and see what I come up with then.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2014, 08:20:16 pm »

The Deadlines:
1.  Days will last 10 consecutive 24-hour periods.
2.  Nights will last two consecutive 24-hour periods.
3.  Adjustments may be made to ensure days do not start or end on a Friday or Saturday. 
Day 1 has begun.
@mod: ???

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2014, 08:21:51 pm »

While everyone was sitting around the treehouse arguing about who would have to drink the gross goo first, two people appeared at the smashed front door.

A human-sized blue jay walked in, flanked by a tiny raccoon.  They looked around the room, then at each other, then around the room again, then at each other again, then stated in unison:

The blue jay turned to the raccoon and said, "dude, I think we're in the wrong place."  The raccoon replied, "yeah man, definitely NOT the tool shed."

Did you just reference Regluar Show? I don't even...ugh

i don't have much to say, nothing really interesting has happened to change my thoughts, specifically on shraeye, so i'll leave my vote there.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2014, 08:23:37 pm »

i don't have much to say, nothing really interesting has happened to change my thoughts, specifically on shraeye, so i'll leave my vote there.
A recent Adventure Time episode did have a cranky gumball machine...

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2014, 08:26:21 pm »

In your own words, my sheepy friend, what are your thoughts?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2014, 08:30:03 pm »

pps, did you ever answer this?

No, I didn't answer because the next poster did and I thought it was patently obvious. My flavor name is BMO. I revealed this implicitly in the very first post of the game. Axxle insinuated I might be using the BMO claim to garner town cred as if only scum would do such a thing. I responded that it is false thinking that Town only has vote power in a game like this and deploying the psychology of my flavor name for Town cred is an equally townie thing to do. Besides, it would be downright stupid thing for me to do if I wasn't actually BMO because any other player could nail me if that were their name. Scum can't counter claim it because if they did drive me to mislynch the flip would spell death for them tomorrow. So, yeah, my flavor name is actually a psychological tool.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2014, 08:31:25 pm »

In your own words, my sheepy friend, what are your thoughts?

Again, I have no experience with what is "scummy" or "townie" but Axxle's erratic posting and constant joking about being scum is obviously to get some sort of response. Would it be scummy to cast early suspicion on yourself so as not to be considered scummy later?

I just really think that Axxle is right that by painting the newbie scummy(ish) for asking about scumhunting is not very townie. And that's the biggest thing I've seen this game so far.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2014, 08:48:28 pm »

only problem is that that wasn't what I was up to.  That's what axxle said I was up to.  Go read it; do you think my question at Andrew any different than my question at PPS?

(and now I've got an investigative question at you too, cool)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2014, 08:50:35 pm »

u talkin about this one?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.