Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 183526 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 7)
« Reply #2000 on: August 23, 2020, 10:28:29 pm »

I don't understand how the post you quoted is a scumslip.

At the time we didn't know that scum (or at least scum hosts) couldn't kill humans.

You're taking that quote out of context. At the time, a host/human cop is good so scum knows to kill humans, since those die permanently.

At the time we didn't know that scum (or at least scum hosts) couldn't kill humans.

Oh, but I guess mail-mi knew about scum hosts at least. so it could just be mail-mi slip.

He did? How?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: August 23, 2020, 10:34:05 pm »

You're taking that quote out of context. At the time, a host/human cop is good so scum knows to kill humans, since those die permanently.

I don't think it's out of context. I agree that is what he could've meant. But I do think he might have written it more precisely then, and writing it this way could be a slip. (or at least, again, if he were scum, he would be careful not to write it this way). But again, this may be moot since he had more knowledge.

Oh, but I guess mail-mi knew about scum hosts at least. so it could just be mail-mi slip.

He did? How?

Because he knew that he had the passive ability that if he dies, hosts can kill humans.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: August 23, 2020, 10:44:09 pm »

I don't think it's out of context. I agree that is what he could've meant. But I do think he might have written it more precisely then, and writing it this way could be a slip. (or at least, again, if he were scum, he would be careful not to write it this way). But again, this may be moot since he had more knowledge.

Well, now I'm just going to argue with myself. It's not moot, because even though town-mi would know that hosts couldn't kill humans, he wouldn't know that scum couldn't kill humans.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: August 23, 2020, 10:53:11 pm »

Huh. I agree that does sound like a scumslip. Or at the very least, something that is inconsistent with his claimed knowledge. With the ability he had, a host/human cop doesn't help scum, since they can't really kill anyone. Although if mail-mi's town, surely there's a way around this.

Not conclusive, but I like the argument.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 23, 2020, 11:23:24 pm »

I guess the fact that you can send a message doesn't necessarily mean that the message will be received by Humans.

mail-mi did you ever confirm this with archtype? if not could you?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2005 on: August 23, 2020, 11:37:46 pm »

Hi hi hi hi!

I hope that you all are doing well and holding up okay under the continued weirdness. Or at least it’s continued weirdness where I live.  My town opened up, a bajillion young people converged on it, there is a big spike, we closed back down.... it feels like Before Time was soooooo long ago.

I have questions about the humans and hosts and coming back to life, bring back to life that I’m sure will be clarified before I actually need to ask them. I’m especially curious about what the ratio might be. Lost of hosts, or not very many?

Another post I noticed - WCD wanting to know more about who is human vs hosts. Could be nothing, but scum early on would be host hunting.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Night 6)
« Reply #2006 on: August 24, 2020, 03:22:44 am »

Vote Count 7.3 (No Change)

mail-mi (1): LaLight
LaLight (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (3): WestCoastDidds, scolapasta, MiX

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to Exile. Day 7 will end August 26th at 4:00 am Forum Time (~2 Days)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: August 24, 2020, 08:51:19 am »

I wasn’t host hunting, for huntings sake. I was trying to determine how important my host stays was and how closely I needed to guard it.  Was I the golden child or were there other town hosts.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 24, 2020, 08:52:01 am »

All in all, it looks like Scola a read is yams is more likely to be scum.

Are we ready to do this?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 24, 2020, 09:12:05 am »

All in all, it looks like Scola a read is yams is more likely to be scum.

Are we ready to do this?

I am.

Vote: mail-mi

I wasn’t host hunting, for huntings sake. I was trying to determine how important my host stays was and how closely I needed to guard it.  Was I the golden child or were there other town hosts.

It's weird that people thought they were alone in their hostness. I guess given I had an ability than only worked when I was revived, I never thought about it, but so did Didds, so I don't get it.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: August 24, 2020, 10:44:49 am »

In the unfortunate events game, there were three children and one of us had to be alive to win. That was my only frame of reference for that kind of win con.

I didn’t think I was the only one, but I wondered what the limited resource was...hosts or humans to revive them.

It was my very post in the game. So this was wondering with no information.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: August 24, 2020, 10:45:51 am »

MiX, anything to know or discuss before I hammer?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: August 24, 2020, 10:50:36 am »

Not me.

In the unfortunate events game, there were three children and one of us had to be alive to win. That was my only frame of reference for that kind of win con.

I didn’t think I was the only one, but I wondered what the limited resource was...hosts or humans to revive them.

It was my very post in the game. So this was wondering with no information.

Hmm. Well, okay.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: August 24, 2020, 10:51:26 am »

Not me.

Wait, what does this mean, did I misread your question?

I have nothing else to add. Just the targeting tip I gave earlier.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: August 24, 2020, 11:05:27 am »

Also, faust's PR had a clause in it about humans killing him. Would that help confirm that there is a scum human? Or would that just be a red herring Archtype would throw into this game?

Does any of this help any one???

If I had a single shred of sanity left in this game, I would say that means LL must be scum, as they're the only human that can kill humans, since it makes a lot more sense that mail-mi can't than LL.

But I don't, so confirmation bias says "scola is town, Didds is town, mail-mi is scum" is my conclusion from that.

So, what you're saying is, you've realized that the evidence brought up means your reads are likely wrong, but you're just going to go with them anyway? That's... a really bad reason to exile me.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: August 24, 2020, 11:08:05 am »

Here's one more thing to think about: Scum having a host/human cop would be very useful to them, so they can find who they can actually kill.

ADK, do you have any more powers?

On the one hand, scum slip? But on the other, feels like something scum would be extra careful to let slip (i.e. in the few games, I'm not sure if I've seen any actual scumslip).

Dude, you've taken this post completely out of context. First of all, that was during the day where we were discussing whether it was best to kill humans (gives us information) or hosts (if we're wrong they can come back) so "actually kill" didn't mean "able to kill" but "kill without worry of the target coming back." Secondly, with my power, I'm thinking that at least one scum has to be a host, otherwise what's the point of my power?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 24, 2020, 11:09:07 am »

I guess the fact that you can send a message doesn't necessarily mean that the message will be received by Humans.

mail-mi did you ever confirm this with archtype? if not could you?

I never confirmed it, I'll go ask him.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 24, 2020, 11:30:50 am »

To be clear, I am not more certain of scum-mi than LaScum. as I said, I thought this post was interesting, but I've never been in a game with actual scumslip. Plus, I think scum would be more careful not to reveal something.

So I might be pointing more to LaLight, if it's a human.

At the very least, before you hammer, let's wait for mail-mil to ask archtype the question I've asked him.

Oh, and mail-mi have you messaged any hosts today?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 24, 2020, 11:33:41 am »

To be clear, I am not more certain of scum-mi than LaScum. as I said, I thought this post was interesting, but I've never been in a game with actual scumslip. Plus, I think scum would be more careful not to reveal something.

So I might be pointing more to LaLight, if it's a human.

At the very least, before you hammer, let's wait for mail-mil to ask archtype the question I've asked him.

Oh, and mail-mi have you messaged any hosts today?

No, I haven't.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 24, 2020, 11:48:56 am »

Another thing pointing to mail-mi over lalight is the design - if it a human:

a) who can't do NKs, probably makes more sense to be the one who doesn't have night actions
b) flavor wise, Robert Ford would make more sense than the man in black, who would have dome anything
c) the fact that joth had that vig he gave out,
i.e. scum can't kill humans, so from d1 they want to try to exile humans over hosts, and if they have to sacrifice Ford as an exile. But if they can't do that, then they get a vig that they can use to kill him, if needed and open up the floodgates.

Aack. I mean I guess I'm not really needed anyway. with LaLight voting mail-mi and vice versa, all that is needed is for two or three of us (Didds, Mix, and me).

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 24, 2020, 11:50:47 am »

Also, and I'm sure you all figured this out, already, but:

it can't be Mix by himself
it can't be Mix and Didds
so if it is Mix, it's Mix and a human

It could be Didds by herself or either human by themselves (or for that matter, me by myself)

i.e unless it's Didds (or me) one of the humans is definitely scum.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 24, 2020, 11:58:52 am »

I mean, yeah. This was known yesterday too.

This wasn't. Is this deductive, or a read?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: August 24, 2020, 12:02:17 pm »

I mean, yeah. This was known yesterday too.

Yeah, but I'm slow. I don't blame myself, but my programming. :)

This wasn't. Is this deductive, or a read?

Deductive.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: August 24, 2020, 12:08:29 pm »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: August 24, 2020, 01:32:52 pm »

Humans will receive my messages.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.