Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM15: Innovation II - TOWN WINS!  (Read 172955 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM15: Innovation II - Day 1!
« Reply #500 on: June 02, 2014, 01:56:32 pm »

No, I've seen yuma do this before, and he was town. Therefore yuma is more likely town.

PPE: You have not analyzed any scenarios where I am town. Why not? What are they, btw?

Well, you are really early to the game. I have no use for considering your posts in context of where mail-mi was and mail-mi hardly posted anyway. That said, I'm scum-hunting not town hunting. I am seeking the most likely place to put a vote because I support a D1 lynch.

I would say it is slightly towny to provide meta that supports moving my vote. but as I outlined it is equally useful for scum to do this. So, I'm not sure a Towny scenario exists for you at the moment in my mind. I'm not entirely sure the onus should be on me to create one, either.

This is PPS's case on me.

???

Right, the fact that you refuse to assert a Town agenda but would rather color me scummy for suggesting maybe your agenda is less than Townish. I'm doing scum-hunting and your just looking for a pariah. You will probably win, too, because I am so brash you can get the policy vote over on me.

If I am scum why would I own sending the potato to a Townie?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: RMM15: Innovation II - Day 2!
« Reply #501 on: June 02, 2014, 01:57:14 pm »

I argued against killing Archetype. I agreed he was scummy but he's always scummy. We all agreed we needed Town controlled deaths and it shaped up to be Archetype that got the popular vote so I included myself in the votes because I did want a lynch. Failing the lynch we agreed Archetype was the potato target. When I received the potato I sent it to Archetype. Am I now to be punished for doing what we all agreed to do even though I was publicly the least willing?

No, I'm resuming my scum read on you from yesterday for my previously-stated reasons (an insane case against me and a meta-based scum read). Without a fully mafia-controlled NK, and no lynch yesterday, there's barely anything new for this D2 compared to the standard D2.

I don't have a scum read on you for potatoing Archetype. I agree that the plan was unclear between you and Archetype (yes, sudgy said you, but with your self-vote that was understandably unclear for some people), and I'd expect you as scum or town to self-preserve. I don't hold that against you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 02, 2014, 01:57:21 pm »

I argued against killing Archetype. I agreed he was scummy but he's always scummy. We all agreed we needed Town controlled deaths and it shaped up to be Archetype that got the popular vote so I included myself in the votes because I did want a lynch. Failing the lynch we agreed Archetype was the potato target. When I received the potato I sent it to Archetype. Am I now to be punished for doing what we all agreed to do even though I was publicly the least willing?

If I thought killing me would help Town get a clearer picture I would have held the potato. I was more certain I was Town than I was Archetype. I was more certain that Voltaire was scum than archetype and I said as much yesterday. Voltaire is my top scum read. I can't really say I have any other scum reads, right now.

Food for thought. Why would I even say that I sent the potato to Archetype?

Sudgy already called you out on doing so when the thread opened.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 02, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »

how would sudgy know for 100% certain I was the one who sent it to Archetype?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 02, 2014, 02:00:43 pm »

I am guessing he received it, sent it to you and thus assumed that you sent it to arch isntead of holding onto it.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 02, 2014, 02:01:34 pm »

what the I don't even

Only scum could know they sent the potato to a townie.

Feeling really good about my vote on you.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 02, 2014, 02:02:24 pm »

I am guessing he received it, sent it to you and thus assumed that you sent it to arch isntead of holding onto it.

Right, ASSUME, which as scum I would say, "well, I sent it to ole Voltaire, he musta done in Archetype." No, I owned it. Why would Mafia own something like this that they do not have to?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 02, 2014, 02:02:35 pm »

which was the right thing to do. I am not blaming you for that.

What I am suspicious of is the attitude of defending arch before, giving into it and then not holding up to being responsible for your own actions. Instead you are passing it off as "you guys should have listened to me, obviously I was in the right"

Basically everything you did was fine until you tried to absolve yourself of responsibility. that part was scummy

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 02, 2014, 02:03:32 pm »

No, I've seen yuma do this before, and he was town. Therefore yuma is more likely town.

PPE: You have not analyzed any scenarios where I am town. Why not? What are they, btw?

Well, you are really early to the game. I have no use for considering your posts in context of where mail-mi was and mail-mi hardly posted anyway. That said, I'm scum-hunting not town hunting. I am seeking the most likely place to put a vote because I support a D1 lynch.

I would say it is slightly towny to provide meta that supports moving my vote. but as I outlined it is equally useful for scum to do this. So, I'm not sure a Towny scenario exists for you at the moment in my mind. I'm not entirely sure the onus should be on me to create one, either.

This is PPS's case on me.

???

Right, the fact that you refuse to assert a Town agenda but would rather color me scummy for suggesting maybe your agenda is less than Townish. I'm doing scum-hunting and your just looking for a pariah. You will probably win, too, because I am so brash you can get the policy vote over on me.

This isn't compelling.  Volt doesn't need to assert a town agenda unless there he's done something that was conspicuously scummy, which he didn't.  He posted his thoughts on something that came up, and you jumped on him for it.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 02, 2014, 02:03:45 pm »

Right, ASSUME, which as scum I would say, "well, I sent it to ole Voltaire, he musta done in Archetype." No, I owned it. Why would Mafia own something like this that they do not have to?

Because sending the potato to someone who died doesn't make them scum, but you sure think it does.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 02, 2014, 02:03:49 pm »

because what if voltaire never received it. said so. then we have a lynch all liars case on our hands... you or volt gets lynched today, if not scum, lynch the other, case closed.

scum tells the truth whenever possible. I am not saying you are scum or town right now. I am just saying that what you are saying isn't a good enough defense

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 02, 2014, 02:04:09 pm »

what the I don't even

That is plain idiotic on it's face. We ALL know that the potato got sent to a Townie because a townie died because of the potato. I am the one who publicly admitted to being the one to send it to Archetype when as Mafia that would be very ill-advised.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 02, 2014, 02:05:10 pm »

if you are scum, lying about sending or not sending the potato is a huge risk. It is the equivilant of fake claiming. and becomes a 50/50 lynch. scum doesn't put themselves in those situations. But again I am not certain you are scum. I just think you said some pretty scummy things just barely.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 02, 2014, 02:05:53 pm »

Well, that wouldn't work very well for you as scum.  Voltaire would deny it, and if we lynch Volt today and he's town, then we'd lynch you tomorrow. At most you bought yourself a day.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 02, 2014, 02:06:15 pm »

And I think we should try to track the potato from last night and put it together as best we can. But I think it is pretty short... mafia>sudgy>PP>archetype

anyone else touch the potato?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 02, 2014, 02:07:57 pm »

And I think we should try to track the potato from last night and put it together as best we can. But I think it is pretty short... mafia>sudgy>PP>archetype

I did not.

There's no way to track the potato with abilities?  Investigation only works on the initial send, and that's it?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 02, 2014, 02:09:12 pm »

Basically everything you did was fine until you tried to absolve yourself of responsibility. that part was scummy

This too.

I never got the potato, btw.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 02, 2014, 02:09:41 pm »

Why did Archetype not send it back to me?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 02, 2014, 02:10:45 pm »

And did Archetype send it to someone else who then sent it back to him?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 02, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »

what the I don't even

That is plain idiotic on it's face. We ALL know that the potato got sent to a Townie because a townie died because of the potato. I am the one who publicly admitted to being the one to send it to Archetype when as Mafia that would be very ill-advised.

if you are scum, lying about sending or not sending the potato is a huge risk. It is the equivilant of fake claiming. and becomes a 50/50 lynch. scum doesn't put themselves in those situations.

yuma is saying what I'm trying to say much better.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 02, 2014, 02:13:10 pm »

And did Archetype send it to someone else who then sent it back to him?

That's what Yuma is asking.  If no one speaks up, I'm sure we can conclude no.  Town wouldn't lie (I hope), and if Mafia got it again, they'd want to send it to Sudgy if they initially sent it to him.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 02, 2014, 02:14:00 pm »

Two possible scenarios:

1. He held onto it, because he was town, and that was the plan
2. He did send it to someone, who sent it back to him

Odds are not 50/50, of course. I'd think 75/25 1/2, possibly higher. Did Arch say he was cool with a potato plan?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 02, 2014, 02:14:50 pm »

and if Mafia got it again, they'd want to send it to Sudgy if they initially sent it to him.

oh right duh yes that.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:04 pm »

if Mafia got it again, they'd want to send it to Sudgy if they initially sent it to him.
Yes, I missed the significance of sudgy being the starting point. So, if I am Mafia why would I have not sent it back to sudgy?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:25 pm »

and if Mafia got it again, they'd want to send it to Sudgy if they initially sent it to him.

oh right duh yes that.
So, if I am Mafia why would I have not sent it back to sudgy?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.