Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere! Day 1 Started.  (Read 66656 times)

Dr Jekyll

• View Profile
Re: Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere! Day 1 Started.
« Reply #400 on: November 15, 2012, 10:28:52 am »

Wow - even the mod is bored with this game eh?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 15, 2012, 11:04:09 am »

It was definitely an interesting and unique game theory...

I wonder how it could've been implemented better to make it more interesting - or if we're all just so ingrained now in our meta's that a game of "unknowns" no longer excites us. Maybe we continue to play the games we do because half the fun is arguing with people you already know, and in turn analyzing their behavior and responses by comparing it to what you expect. Without expectations, it's a lot harder to feel the desire to push, because you can't tell if a particular response means anything.

I don't know. Certainly an interesting question. Is it the multiple personalities? The lack of identity? Is it switching accounts (Protip: You can avoid this, even on a single computer, if you use multiple browsers (Internet Explorer // Firefox) because the cookies are stored separately - you can, essentially, be logged in as both ID's)? It'll be interesting to talk about after.

Dr Jekyll

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 15, 2012, 11:54:10 am »

There's a couple of factors I think:

1. Even with the multiple browsers trick, it prevents phone posting.
2. Lack of meta makes everyone unreadable. The explicit goal of hiding your identity makes you consider every word you type - reducing desire to post.
3. Day chat reduces in game posting.
4. Interhead bickering sounds interesting, but may cause some players to not post ideas in thread because they've already been shot down in day chat, or for fear that their other head will be pissed.

We can address items 2 by releasing the identity of our heads.  Would that kick the game up a notch?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 15, 2012, 12:07:39 pm »

1. Isn't an issue for me as I use multiple browsers on my phone as well. (The default was terrible and I never used it - making it the perfect tool for this).

2. I agree, which is the point I was making above. However we're just awaiting Grujah to flip now, and assuming Smeagol is telling the truth we'll be in lylo tomorrow. While I'm not super opposed to headclaiming, it feels against the spirit of the game - and at this point the game is probably close to over anyway.

3. Isn't an issue for me either, as my other head decided he had more demanding personal obligations, and backed out of this (along with many other games). Finding a replacement seemed silly given the nature of this game and how many were alread "playing" away.

4. See 3. :)

I recognize of course, that just because they don't hold true for myself, 3 and 4 (and even to an extent 2) could discourage posting here. Ultimately though, like I said, the game theory sounded cool, but I just don't think that it's practical.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 15, 2012, 04:07:35 pm »

Snip
3. Isn't an issue for me either, as my other head decided he had more demanding personal obligations, and backed out of this (along with many other games). Finding a replacement seemed silly given the nature of this game and how many were alread "playing" away.

And I took the babelfish with me, too! So there!

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 15, 2012, 04:09:06 pm »

Snip

And I took the babelfish with me, too! So there!

Hey! Back down, you! I'm in control now!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 15, 2012, 04:18:12 pm »

Thread Closed.

Night Starts, lasts 2 days.

Smeagol has been lynched. He was  Town Vanilla.

Identity guesses on PM.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 17, 2012, 10:06:45 pm »

Day 3 Starts.

Thread Unlocked.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2012, 10:18:31 pm »

No night kill?

We're in Mylo, right? (2 scum, 4 town)?

That's No Lynch, right?

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2012, 10:20:56 pm »

Huh? Was the even night PR also a doctor?  I thought we had a cop on even nights.
REMEMBER TO SIGN IN ON YOUR HYDRA ACCOUNT BEFORE POSTING!

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2012, 10:22:32 pm »

Should cop claim now?
MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE LOGGED IN AS YOUR HYDRA ACCOUNT BEFORE POSTING!

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2012, 10:49:39 pm »

Should cop claim now?
I'm confused by no kill, that doesn't seem like a reasonable strategy.  If we have a cop, then I'm not sure claiming now is best, especially if he only has info about a townmember.  If we no lynch because of mylo, then mafia can hit the confirmed towny.  Then again, if the cop has investigated mafia, then I think he shoudl claim, because we can't risk him getting hit at night.

I think that's the right action, yeah?
REMEMBER TO SIGN IN ON YOUR HYDRA ACCOUNT BEFORE POSTING!

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2012, 11:00:53 pm »

Should cop claim now?
I'm confused by no kill, that doesn't seem like a reasonable strategy.  If we have a cop, then I'm not sure claiming now is best, especially if he only has info about a townmember.  If we no lynch because of mylo, then mafia can hit the confirmed towny.  Then again, if the cop has investigated mafia, then I think he shoudl claim, because we can't risk him getting hit at night.

I think that's the right action, yeah?

Depends.  Think of it this way: we have 2 mafia and 4 town.  If cop claims and clears a townie, you have basically 2 ICs.  So then it's 2 vs. 2 with 2 confirmed town.  If you like those odds, it could be worth it.  Mafia NKs either confirmed townies on N3, for sure, but as long as we lynch mafia today, you still go into D4 up 3 to 1 with an IC.

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2012, 11:25:21 pm »

Wow. Absolutely insane that there was no night kill, that's an incredible lucky break that I don't quite understand.

But...we have good news! I am the cop. Tyler Durden is mafia.

I would tend to suspect Dent the most after that, but nothing like a modconfirmation.

Vote: Tyler Durden

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2012, 11:33:15 pm »

Wow. Absolutely insane that there was no night kill, that's an incredible lucky break that I don't quite understand.

I would tend to suspect Dent the most after that, but nothing like a modconfirmation.

That was easy.  I am the real cop, and Zaphod is innocent.

Vote: Doduo.

For tomorrow, is Durden the actual partner, chosen to give cred to Doduo? 

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2012, 11:41:24 pm »

Yeah, I guess mafia has to counterclaim here. Well I now know that Dent and Durden are the mafia team. Zaphod, you are indeed town but don't let Harvey sweet talk you. He couldn't call out someone as mafia because that would prove he was lying, so he had to say he investigated someone as town. You are an IC now, but please don't make the mistake of believing him because he claims to have investigated you.

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2012, 11:42:57 pm »

Sorry about the quoting error. Here is the proper post:

Yeah, I guess mafia has to counterclaim here. Well I now know that Dent and Durden are the mafia team. Zaphod, you are indeed town but don't let Harvey sweet talk you. He couldn't call out someone as mafia because that would prove he was lying, so he had to say he investigated someone as town. You are an IC now, but please don't make the mistake of believing him because he claims to have investigated you.

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2012, 11:52:59 pm »

It's fairly possible that Durden is mafia, to make yor claim look real.  Hey Durden, who do you think is telling the truth?  Are you willing to sacrifice yourself and admit to being mafia to protect your partner's fake claim?  Or will you vote Doduo?

This seems like a cooked up plot to me.  I've been a single head for quite awhile now, so no one to talk to here.  This does fit my real meta though, unbelievable PR that everyone finds scummy.

But no NK, fake claim, bus own partner through said fake claim...sounds like Robz, or another expert vet.

Up to others to choose, but if you lynch me, we lose.

Zaphod, you are indeed town but don't let Harvey sweet talk you. He couldn't call out someone as mafia because that would prove he was lying, so he had to say he investigated someone as town. You are an IC now, but please don't make the mistake of believing him because he claims to have investigated you.

How, exactly, do you know Zaphod is town?  Oh right, because you are mafia.  Nice scum slip there.

Whoops.  Should I delete myself?

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2012, 11:55:07 pm »

Quote from:  link=topic=4805.msg135743#msg135743 date=1353214168
It's fairly possible that Durden is mafia, to make yor claim look real.  Hey Durden, who do you think is telling the truth?  Are you willing to sacrifice yourself and admit to being mafia to protect your partner's fake claim?  Or will you vote Doduo?

This seems like a cooked up plot to me.  I've been a single head for quite awhile now, so no one to talk to here.  This does fit my real meta though, unbelievable PR that everyone finds scummy.

But no NK, fake claim, bus own partner through said fake claim...sounds like Robz, or another expert vet.

Quote from:  link=topic=4805.msg135744#msg135744 date=1353214240
Zaphod, you are indeed town but don't let Harvey sweet talk you. He couldn't call out someone as mafia because that would prove he was lying, so he had to say he investigated someone as town. You are an IC now, but please don't make the mistake of believing him because he claims to have investigated you.

How, exactly, do you know Zaphod is town?  Oh right, because you are mafia.  Nice scum slip there.

So I did.  Mod kill me if you want, but the rest of it stands.  I full quoted with my name so nothing is missing.  Just made it so only hydra names have posts.

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2012, 11:57:32 pm »

Quote from:  link=topic=4805.msg135743#msg135743 date=1353214168

Quote from:  link=topic=4805.msg135744#msg135744 date=1353214240

So I did.  Mod kill me if you want, but the rest of it stands.  I full quoted with my name so nothing is missing.  Just made it so only hydra names have posts.

Not at all. I know for a fact that the scumteam is Durden and Dent. Everyone else is confirmed town to me.

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 18, 2012, 12:01:08 am »

Not at all. I know for a fact that the scumteam is Durden and Dent. Everyone else is confirmed town to me.
[/quote]

Funny.  As the real cop, I know you are mafia, I am town, and Zaphod is town.  Best guess is Durden for your partner.

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 18, 2012, 12:03:03 am »

Argh, messed up quoting.

Quote from: Harvey Dent

Funny.  As the real cop, I know you are mafia, I am town, and Zaphod is town.  Best guess is Durden for your partner.

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 18, 2012, 12:04:06 am »

Separately, on my mistake posting, I PMed Grujah, so we'll see what happens to me.  Hopefully it hasn't affected (or ended, with mod kill) the game.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 18, 2012, 12:08:35 am »

You had to claim because otherwise you would be dealing with a confirmed townie who had a scum investigation on your partner, which obviously puts you in a very bad position.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 18, 2012, 12:09:53 am »

You had to claim because otherwise you would be dealing with a confirmed townie who had a scum investigation on your partner, which obviously puts you in a very bad position.

My gosh we are failing all over the place here. Sorry. I'll just leave my post. Of course I stand by what I said still.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.