Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere! Day 1 Started.  (Read 66652 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere! Day 1 Started.
« Reply #325 on: November 05, 2012, 07:08:03 pm »

Spectators and Players can send their guesses (as PM) about Aggron's heads' identities, which will be revealed in the morning.

1 point for 1 correct head, 3 for both.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2012, 06:02:17 am »

Feel asleep last night, didn't get to open.

Professor Quirrell is dead. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Thread Open.

Oh, and you examined the heads of the two headed Ogre. They were... *drumroll*:

Archetype and Glooble. Two lurkers apparently don't work good together.

Dr Jekyll

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2012, 08:58:04 am »

Lurking is bad, mmmmmmkay?

Sakon and Ukon

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2012, 11:47:23 am »

I feel somewhat vindicated that my half of me got a town read on Quirrel through our earlier exchange. Aggron was a good lynch regardless of alignment and regardless of role both of which are unfortunate. That said this is the lurkiest 18 player game that ever happened which makes Town's job practically impossible.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE LOGGED IN AS YOUR HYDRA ACCOUNT BEFORE POSTING!

Dr Jekyll

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2012, 12:41:04 pm »

Vote: Tyler Durden for being around during the end-of-day scramble, but not posting anything after putting his vote on Aggron.  Not even commenting on the Smeagol alternative.  That has a "staying out of the way to let nature take its course" feel to it, and when the end result is a lynch of town, I find it suspicious.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 08, 2012, 12:50:01 pm »

Vote: Tyler Durden for being around during the end-of-day scramble, but not posting anything after putting his vote on Aggron.  Not even commenting on the Smeagol alternative.  That has a "staying out of the way to let nature take its course" feel to it, and when the end result is a lynch of town, I find it suspicious.

Both of our heads have IRL responsibilities that happen right around/before the deadline and we were unable to comment after our vote.  We will be making a case on day 1 after I have time to discuss/flesh it out with my other head.

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 08, 2012, 12:57:57 pm »

Both of our heads have IRL responsibilities that happen right around/before the deadline and we were unable to comment after our vote.  We will be making a case on day 1 after I have time to discuss/flesh it out with my other head.

Oops.  Thats disappointing.
REMEMBER TO SIGN IN ON YOUR HYDRA ACCOUNT BEFORE POSTING!

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2012, 01:01:24 pm »

Alright so this part of the head is going to submit his thoughts on all players because we need some conversation in this town.

Tyler Durden -- Was online at lynch yet didn't contribute, had some early theory talk, scummy.
Sakon and Ukon -- Town read has been talkative and I think in a game like this it's much easier for mafia to give into the temptation to lurk since well...everyone is
Aggron Stonebreaker -- Town Doc
Professor Quirrell -- Vanilla Townie
Harvey Dent -- Seems really jumpy, every post had a vote or unvote in it and he only voted for some people not as all over the place as he might be as town
Smeagol -- Mentions the *short list*. Self votes, Has the Tyler Durden redirect at the end of the day, like he was sure Aggron was town
Doduo -- Obvtown
Dr Jekyll -- Was also fairly present during the lynch, cautious town read for now
Zaphod Beeblebrox -- Was also fairly present during the lynch, cautious town read for now.

So this part of the head would like to Vote: Smeagol Over the redirect at the end of the day, even though I find Tyler Durden scummy Smeagols actions read far more like scum play.

I'll also
FoS: Harvey Dent
FoS: Tyler Durden

Smeagol

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2012, 01:18:28 pm »

Smeagol -- Has the Tyler Durden redirect at the end of the day, like he was sure Aggron was town

Zero point in doing this as scum.  I'd just post it the next day.  I posted it last night since I didn't know if I would die or not.

It was pretty obvious one of the heads was Glooble, and I thought the other was O, so I was pretty sure the lurking wasn't malevolent.

Vote: Tyler Durden

Smeagol

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2012, 01:20:59 pm »

I'm also up for a Doduo lynch, I'm thinking that he's buddies with Durden.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 08, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »

Yeah, also 2 IRL days to post your guesses on Quirell's heads. (Both Players and Specs)

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 08, 2012, 03:15:21 pm »

No, that was NOT a good lynch. That wasn't even a standard policy lynch. A standard policy lynch would have at least waited for a claim at L-1. Many people, including my hothead partner, decided to hammer immediately because well, why not?

I think we should policy lynch a hammerer (yes, even Harvey Dent is up for option here, though I don't think my partner hammered) for lynching without waiting for a claim.

Dr Jekyll

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 08, 2012, 03:20:12 pm »

Harvey, the hammer went in with 2 minutes prior to deadline.  There was plenty of waiting for a claim.

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 08, 2012, 03:20:40 pm »

@Smeagol lol a little OMGUS eh. Why not post your thoughts on everyone there is only 7 people, maybe we get to see the short list finally

@Harvey Dent - It was deadline...

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 08, 2012, 03:23:01 pm »

ah, the time delay between the lock and the hammer threw me off.

Smeagol

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 08, 2012, 03:45:52 pm »

@Smeagol lol a little OMGUS eh. Why not post your thoughts on everyone there is only 7 people, maybe we get to see the short list finally
Mostly because you keep being fosing Tyler Durden but never really commit to it.

Smeagol

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 08, 2012, 03:47:07 pm »

Mostly because you keep being fosing Tyler Durden but never really commit to it.
Oh and there never was a literal list.  It's just a figure of speech.

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 08, 2012, 03:59:37 pm »

Looking over various day 1 stuff, and Dent’s contributions pop out.
We'll Vote: Tyler Durden for an RVS L-1.

Apologies for the late arrival, but you'll have to excuse my face.
We still stand by that L-1 vote, it was helpful, it got town talking, finally this game had some momentum.  We’re perfectly ok with having sparked some of that.

But then his other head immediately unvotes, having the opposite read that it was simply aggressive play and not mafia-play.  Something that’s somewhat interesting here is in between Dent’s vote and unvote, S/U votes for Quirrell because Quirrell called the wagon on lurking Dent RVS.  In the post directly above S/U’s vote Harvey Dent called the L-1 vote we gave an RVS L-1, but S/U never mentions this and only focuses on Quirrell’s statement.

Then Dent makes a joke vote on Zaphod for being associated with the Infinite Improbability Drive, and a joke vote on S/U for trying to figure out the identities of Smeagol.

Next vote he casts isn’t a joke, he’s got a serious reason, and (surprise) it’s for Tyler Durden.
Yes, we are in agreement on the posts we make.  It's a bad idea to post first, and then argue with your other head.  This gives scum the chance to say any "contradictions" were just a disagreement between heads.  So our heads are in agreement on the L-1 vote of a lurker and in agreement over the thoughts regarding how fast a lynch can form.  There is no cognitive dissonance, our experience with the Harvey Dent vote and the thoughts on Smeagol culminated in the realization of the tendencies of hydra votes.

Huh?

Vote: Tyler Durden

Deliberately creating need of the babelfish to translate from your native language to your native language is an anti-town trait.

vote: Tyler Durden too, for this reason.  No one should care that much about how they look.
But here again, he has an interesting interaction with S/U.  The post that Dent quotes is from Zaphod, and talks about using a babelfish to translate from native language to native language being anti-town (im not sure what this flavourful analogy means exactly, actually).  But it’s Sakon/Ukon who talked about us caring how we look.  So he’s sheeping S/U’s reason, but quotes Zaphod instead.

The other half of Dent immediately unvotes, this is the 2nd time that they’ve almost immediately flipped positions on us.  It seems to us like one head is feeling very upset that we put them to L-1, and is trying to find survivalist reasons to lynch us, while the other head is trying really hard to avoid looking like those are just OMGUS votes, which it seems like they are.  So far, Dent has made 4 votes, two on Tyler Durden with reasons given, and 2 joke votes on other people.  So Dent is pretty hardcore focused on getting us lynched it seems.  And then the OMGUSing head revotes Tyler Durden.

Later, closer to the deadline Dent is the first to vote Aggron over lurkiness (after S/U posts the most recent counts), and again the cooler of the two heads unvotes, this time with a joke, possibly to dispel suspicion around this crazy voting pattern.
unvote we're going to get lynched D1 at this rate. Don't be so trigger happy about finding anyone who disagrees with you scummy.
That joke isn’t even accurate.  Until reread, we hadn’t found Dent particularly scummy and didn’t disagree with him, and Aggron most certainly wasn’t “disagreeing” with Dent.

Then finally at deadline is the “oh I guess if I haaaave to”-hammer.
vote: aggron if needed

Also,
Many people, including my hothead partner, decided to hammer immediately because well, why not?

I think we should policy lynch a hammerer (yes, even Harvey Dent is up for option here, though I don't think my partner hammered) for lynching without waiting for a claim.
At least one of Dent’s heads most certainly hammered.  What exactly is meant by “don't think my partner hammered”?  Literally in the same post Dent admits to his partner hammering.

Smeagol

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 08, 2012, 04:07:51 pm »

Aggron Stonebreaker has been lynched. He was a Town Odd-Night Doctor.

f.ds really has an anti-doc agenda.

Night starts.
Can we get a final votecount?

Smeagol

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 08, 2012, 04:11:00 pm »

Aggron Stonebreaker(4)(L-1): Sakon and Ukon, Dr. Jekyll, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Tyler Durden
Even if Tyler Durden shows up to vote smeagol we'd still just have 4 so Vote: Aggron to ensure a lynch. What, 3 total posts? Fewests posts to be lynched, maybe?

Dent didn't hammer.

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 08, 2012, 04:15:36 pm »

Aggron Stonebreaker(4)(L-1): Sakon and Ukon, Dr. Jekyll, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Tyler Durden
Even if Tyler Durden shows up to vote smeagol we'd still just have 4 so Vote: Aggron to ensure a lynch. What, 3 total posts? Fewests posts to be lynched, maybe?

Dent didn't hammer.
True fact; consider the statement regarding hammers redacted.  I missed Doduo's vote there.

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 09, 2012, 09:21:39 am »

Come on guys, I didn't post that case cause I like typing.  What do you guys think?

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 09, 2012, 09:23:42 am »

Vote: Harvey Dent

Sakon and Ukon

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 09, 2012, 10:12:24 am »

I was willing to vot Dent then and I'll Vote: Dent now.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 09, 2012, 10:37:30 am »

What happened to the 20 post per game day cap we were playing under?

Oh... You mean that was just a suggestion for ANOTHER game? Could've fooled me...

Anyway, glad to see things have changed since the D1 lynch. It was absolutely the right lynch, despite it's outcome. Anybody who thinks otherwise and WASN'T around to make a case/vote for an alternative (Smeagol) is just being a poor town player.

Right now my biggest scum reads fluctuate between Durden, Dent, and Smeagol.

Durden: Was online and here during the deadline, but never posted even though those of us that WERE participating were actively looking for a different lynch possibility.

Dent: The five minute late non-hammer vote read incredibly disingenuous to me. Now, I realize scum would already know that Aggron was town, so wouldn't want to be associated with the wagon... But I also think a good scum player would know this, and by placing his vote AFTER the hammer, he wasn't *really* part of the wagon. It's just a load of WIFOM, and it's my weakest of the three scum reads. Because ultimately, you WOULD have to believe that a scum player, knowing a townie lynch had just gone down, rushed in to throw his name on the wagon. Possible for WIFOM reasons, but not particularly likely.

Smeagol: Speaking of "knowing Aggron was town", Smeagol seemed to have knowledge of this after a totally convincing 3 posts by Aggron. His statement that "The Aggron lynch is a bad lynch" without any supporting evidence read incredibly, incredibly hollow to me. I know that when I'm scum, claiming a lynch wagon that I'm not on as being bad is a great option, because if the lynch goes through, I look better for it. My issue then with Smeagol's claim isn't that he was right - I'll grant town can get genuine town reads on people as well - it's that there was nothing to base such a claim on. It isn't like Aggron had a whole bunch of posts to make a genuine read of one way or another. It's why so many of us were looking for an alternative at the deadline - because it was nothing but a policy lynch that removed deadweight. Smeagol's claim that Aggron was a bad lynch really stood out to me then, and it does now too.

Of those 3, I'm willing to discuss Durden further, but my vote is going on Smeagol. Vote: Smeagol
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.