Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157263 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1125 on: January 05, 2014, 10:43:39 pm »

True,  I have not posted about following up on a PPS lynch.  Because my thoughts are the same as those that I posted after the EFHW claim.  I think that the EFHW claim severely indicts PPS, but in case the vig does work, we might as well let that kill him.

Reason that we want the vig to work (or at least give it a try) :

It confirms town!walrus if PPS is scum

I think the possibility of confirming Walrus as town is worth waiting one day to lynch PPS if he doesn't die overnight
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 05, 2014, 10:46:15 pm »

The reason that I voted xeiron:

I do not like the stances he has held (which I think are scummy) and the plans he has made for PRs (which I think is scummy).

Early D1 vote on Archetype.  First wagons never succeed, and usually end with more town cred to the person surviving them.  Xeiron was the first "real" vote on Archetype, building a (self-proclaimed) weak case against him. 

Comes up with the plan for sudgy to use. (which sudgy adopted)

Then comes up with all sorts of plans for how to occupy other PRs with sudgy.
xeiron seems the same as always to me.  This is a really weak case, IMO.  What scummy stances?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 05, 2014, 10:47:46 pm »

Vote Count 2.11

jotheonah (1): pingpongsam
Walrus (2): ashersky, Jimmmmm
xeiron (2): yuma, 2.71828.....
pingpongsam (4): jotheonah, faust, Walrus, xeiron

Not voting (2): EFHW, nkirbit

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

D2 ends on Monday, January 6 at noon forum time

That's in about 14 hours

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 05, 2014, 10:49:41 pm »

To be clear, regeneration was the last unrevealed bit I was referring to.

oops.  forgot to include your regeneration part of the claim. 

So Walrus is River Song.  An enabled, regenerating, time-traveling, even night vig/odd night roleblocker.

Man, put in one line like that, it just seems so incredibly made up.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 05, 2014, 10:51:58 pm »

We've got serious wagons, at least, even if the votes aren't high.  I think there are supporters for lynches of all four players with votes currently on them.

I've done my popsquiz, but can do it again.  I think everyone (except the IC) should put down some preferences in their next post, as the deadline approaches.

Tops to lynch: walrus/PPS
Next to lynch: xeiron/Jimmmm
Null: yuma, joth, faust, 2.7
Town: EFHW, nkirbit

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:48 pm »

So Walrus is River Song.  An enabled, regenerating, time-traveling, even night vig/odd night roleblocker.

See, I thought the same thing.. and was wondering if it wasn't written that way for a reason.

The other thing about Walrus.. what incentive does he have to go back and say,  "Sorry!  I'm enabled regenerating!  I forgot that earlier!!".. if he isn't actually telling the truth?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 05, 2014, 10:54:47 pm »

Town: EFHW, PPS, Walrus, Yuma
Null: Ashersky, Faust, Jimm, Xeiron
Scummy: Joth, 2.7

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 05, 2014, 10:54:47 pm »

The reason that I voted xeiron:

I do not like the stances he has held (which I think are scummy) and the plans he has made for PRs (which I think is scummy).

Early D1 vote on Archetype.  First wagons never succeed, and usually end with more town cred to the person surviving them.  Xeiron was the first "real" vote on Archetype, building a (self-proclaimed) weak case against him. 

Comes up with the plan for sudgy to use. (which sudgy adopted)

Then comes up with all sorts of plans for how to occupy other PRs with sudgy.
xeiron seems the same as always to me.  This is a really weak case, IMO.  What scummy stances?

"stances" refers mainly to his voting history and accusing Joth of being scum for doing the eact same things he did, which you can see in my case here
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 05, 2014, 11:02:23 pm »

See, I thought the same thing.. and was wondering if it wasn't written that way for a reason.

yeah.  I wrote it that way because he claimed all those things.  I could have made a longer sentence if I really wanted to.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 05, 2014, 11:03:38 pm »

Town: EFHW, PPS, Walrus, Yuma
Null: Ashersky, Faust, Jimm, Xeiron
Scummy: Joth, 2.7

I do not understand how you can think Walrus and PPS are both town.  PPS's claim totally frames Walrus as being scummy.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 05, 2014, 11:06:00 pm »

I just reread xeiron, and I see nothing there.  Really.  Sorry yuma.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 05, 2014, 11:10:29 pm »

Lynch! - xeiron
Lynch tomorrow (not today) if he doesn't die tonight - PPS
Would vote to at least get a lynch - Jimmmmm, Jotheonah
Not a fan of lynching - Ashersky, Faust, nkirbit, Walrus, Yuma

stump - chairs

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 05, 2014, 11:18:55 pm »

I just don't get the wait til tomorrow, then lynch PPS plan... if he's town, he's probably not dying tonight because he can regenerate.

If he's scum.. is he really going to die from a vigilante shot that he knows is coming, and where it's coming from?  Especially given that he was the first person to bring up regeneration?  I doubt it.  It just seems extremely hopeful.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 05, 2014, 11:24:37 pm »

Jothenoah got no defense from anyone.  This points away from his being scum.

I am considering a pps lynch for information purposes and because there are so many inconsistencies in his story, and despite the towniness of his posts.  nkirbit is a top town read for me, so his supporting pps does give me pause. 

I think Walrus would be the second most logical choice, again because of evidence not posts, because he seems quite towny as well. 

The next most informative would be joth, b/c he has taken a lot of stances.

I am against a xeiron lynch. 

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 05, 2014, 11:36:43 pm »

I was having trouble keeping all the claims completely together so I went and skimmed (if I missed something tell me) the thread for all the claims.  The following is a compilation of what I found

Ashersky - A regeneration enabler

Walrus - River Song.  An enabled, time-traveling, even night vig/odd night roleblockerPlus one more thing that he has not claimed (unless that was the enabled part)

EFHW - The regenerating Doctor

pingpongsam - The enabled, One-shot regenerating doctor (ambiguous, but logically applies to EFHW) protector.  Meaning that he protects the doctor for one and only one shot each night.  But that power regenerates and can continue to protect the doctor the next night.

Jotheonah - [other irrelevant modifier that I didn't notice him add to his claim any other time] modifier cop.

non-consecutive night is the modifier. I have claimed it previously.

I agree with nkirbit, the vig shot is a non-factor.

This is important: Has pps flavor claimed yet? What flavor has he claimed?

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: January 05, 2014, 11:40:27 pm »

I checked he has. Question two: has anyone other than EFHW, Walrus, and PPS claimed regenerating?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 05, 2014, 11:47:58 pm »

Walrus what led you to pick pps as your vig victim?

On my phone probably until deadline, so I can't give you as detailed an answer as you might like. But the two-line summary is that I found it likely that there would be scum off of the Archetype wagon. Then I went back and reread D1 through the lens of Arch flipping scum. And pps seemed like a good candidate.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 05, 2014, 11:56:29 pm »

So everyone who has claimed regenerating has claimed flavor that makes sense with regenerating.

But most claims in general are from the new series (Eccleston onward). PPS's claim, Romana, is a Time Lady, with regen, but as far as I can tell a character exclusively from the old show. Romana as flavor makes some sense as a doctor protector.

Still, it's the strongest candidate for mod-supplied fake claim out of the three.
Also, there is an obvious regenerating BAD GUY who I would be surprised at seeing omitted -- The Master.

What I've been asking myself is, flavorwise, who or what ENABLES regeneration. I think I have a guess at ash's flavor claim. If I'm right it's super wacky. But I guess there's no reason to expose it.

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 06, 2014, 12:02:49 am »

I put my comupter away, I have one last phone thought.  I think we should look again at that Walrus wagon that grew so easily earlyish Day 1.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 06, 2014, 12:55:27 am »

So everyone who has claimed regenerating has claimed flavor that makes sense with regenerating.

But most claims in general are from the new series (Eccleston onward). PPS's claim, Romana, is a Time Lady, with regen, but as far as I can tell a character exclusively from the old show. Romana as flavor makes some sense as a doctor protector.

Still, it's the strongest candidate for mod-supplied fake claim out of the three.
Also, there is an obvious regenerating BAD GUY who I would be surprised at seeing omitted -- The Master.

What I've been asking myself is, flavorwise, who or what ENABLES regeneration. I think I have a guess at ash's flavor claim. If I'm right it's super wacky. But I guess there's no reason to expose it.

You know I claimed my flavor at EFHW's request, right?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 06, 2014, 12:59:03 am »

Tbh, I'm not convinced about the 3 main wagons, and this is off the wall but I actually think we should lynch among Yuma, Jimmmmm and Faust.  All have been off our scumhunting radars.  Maybe now I can sleep!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 06, 2014, 02:09:14 am »

Can I get this answered?

Okay. So. Mod question:

If someone (i.e. Walrus) targets a player N2 and that same player is removed from the game via a lynch D2, does Walrus still count as targeting this player N2? That means, more specifically: Can Walrus travel to N2 again or can't he?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 06, 2014, 02:10:59 am »

Tbh, I'm not convinced about the 3 main wagons, and this is off the wall but I actually think we should lynch among Yuma, Jimmmmm and Faust.  All have been off our scumhunting radars.  Maybe now I can sleep!

Is this your only reason to lynch us? Because you know, you have been off our scumhunting radars as well...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 06, 2014, 02:12:13 am »

I am positive that a pps lynch today will reveal a great deal of important information.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 06, 2014, 02:25:23 am »

I'd like to add to the pps case that his claim doesn't even make sense. He claimed Enabled Time-Traveling Regenerating Protector. Now here's the mod-confirmed information how time travel works.

Time Travel occurs as step 0, with the Time Traveling role journeying to their destination, carrying out their action, and then returning to the current night. This "returning" does not count as a "visit" for purposes of Time Travel. As such, they are still eligible to travel to the current night via time travel on a later night. They are not a vanilla member of their faction during this "returning" visit, and they are eligible to be targeted by actions. If, however, a Time Traveling role elects not to use their ability on a night, they are considered to have Time Traveled to that same night and as such it counts as "visited" for the purposes of time travel.

If, as pps claims, he travels with the doctor, then he would be back to the current night before he or the doctor could have been targeted in the night they traveled to. In other words: His time-travelling ability doesn't do anything.

Plus, the whole time-travel claim smells of rolefishing for a time-travelling doctor, which would be one of the strongest PRs available to town.

At this point, I am very unlikely to move my vote from pps.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.