Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157319 times)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #925 on: January 03, 2014, 07:43:27 pm »

In fact, shit, it looks like my entire role is enabled! One of these days I'll learn how to read. I thought it seemed a little too good to be true.

Idk if ash enables the whole thing or just the regeneration part. But there you go.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 03, 2014, 07:43:43 pm »

Oh shit. I messed up, sorry guys.

I do have regeneration. That was the last part of my ability that I felt was better not to reveal.

So that prompted me to go back and looked at my Role PM. And in fact, my regeneration is enabled. Not sure how I missed that.

unvote

It's still possible that ash is scum enabling town. But I now believe his claim, obviously.

Interesting. So, why do you suppose you would need regenerative powers?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 03, 2014, 07:45:59 pm »

What do you mean why would I need them? They're awesome! I don't understand your question.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 03, 2014, 07:49:41 pm »

I find it fascinating that when I posited that there would likely be other enabled roles you were quick to point out that your role was not enabled. Out of all the players, you did this. And now you capitulate and state that not only do you have enabled regeneration but that your entire JOAT role power is enabled.

I'm not biasing this observation just yet but damn it sure does seem odd that you would just now get such major clue about your own role's limitations. I gathered as much when ashersky claimed D1 so I can understand not recognizing the importance of the enabled modifier but the whole bit about denying it is what befuddles me.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 03, 2014, 07:51:00 pm »

What do you mean why would I need them? They're awesome! I don't understand your question.

I mean a JOAT(vig/roleblocker, whatever else you can dream up) who is also bulletproof for his own protection seems way OP.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 03, 2014, 07:52:59 pm »

I mean a JOAT(vig/roleblocker, whatever else you can dream up) who is also bulletproof for his own protection seems way OP.

And also I did post that without fully reading your followup post. That your become completely disabled seems a little less OP.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:20 pm »

Well, EFHW posed a question specifically to me about it. And I thought I was telling the truth!

But I went back to look at it after ash's claim. I'm as surprised about it as you are. And yes, it is pretty stupid of me...fascinating is one word for it I guess haha.

You're right, when I read the role description I was completely amazed too. I thought it was too good to be true. Apparently in my delight I missed the enabled bit. There's a lot going on, what with the odds and the evens and the vigging and the blocking and the regenerating and I just didn't see it. So that does balance things out.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 03, 2014, 07:57:34 pm »

Ash yes, flavor claim too.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 03, 2014, 07:58:35 pm »

Why did you think the enabled players would not know they were enabled, and why did you think you enabled more than one power?  Did you also mean more than one person?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 03, 2014, 08:05:58 pm »

Why did you think the enabled players would not know they were enabled, and why did you think you enabled more than one power?  Did you also mean more than one person?

I assumed more than one person, not more than one power.

I thought, given the nature of regeneration, folks would not know it was enabled.  I guessed wrong there.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 03, 2014, 08:06:29 pm »

Ash yes, flavor claim too.

I'm Jenny, the Doctor's daughter.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 03, 2014, 08:19:14 pm »

what is the nature of regeneration that you are referring to, and what would it normally be called?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 03, 2014, 08:30:07 pm »

what is the nature of regeneration that you are referring to, and what would it normally be called?

Bulletproof.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 03, 2014, 08:31:50 pm »

That is in fact what I was referring to when I used the term "bulletproof-ishness" a moment ago.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 03, 2014, 08:31:58 pm »

Lots of stuff to talk about, I'll go through later and catch up on stuff specifically, but first

vote: xeiron. He is scummy guys. I agree with 2.7 and the points I brought up earlier, I want to go through and point out more stuff, but don't have the time atm, but will. But mostly he is trying sooooooo hard to force through walrus's lynch. It all looks pre-planned to me. Either that they figured out a way to manipulate the sudgy-walrus interaction or he stumbled into it and is trying to capitalize on it as much as possible... And all of it I think will result in a walrus mislynch and xeiron will be all like "guys it was obvious, you can't blame me for the mislynch...." well, xeiron, here is me telling you right now that if we lynch walrus and if he is town I am going to hold you accountable, guaranteed. i wont' stop talking about it and will be all over it. So you had better be pretty sure he is scum... but I dont' think you actually think he is, because i think you are scum

I am not surprised that ash enables the regeneration. That is totally what I had in my mind when PPS claimed that he regenerated w/o saying anything else about it. Totally makes sense and is a cool feature. PPS can you clarify for me one more time that you only see people targeting the doctor to kill and not just targeting in general. Would you mind checking your PM to just be sure (see walrus misreading PM potentially above)

Walrus's weird claim right now screams town.

Someone said I am posting less. Yes, this is RMM. I post less and take it less seriously, so don't expect that to change at all. I believe I stipulated that on my initial /in at the beginning of the thread.

Hmmm... other stuff I am sure. But mostly I want to vote for xeiron, think the walrus lynch is bad that was either setup by scum or is being taken advantage of by scum.

Oh... Also I am all for mass claiming and would encourage EFHW to have xeiron claim first.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 03, 2014, 08:34:34 pm »

Oh I wanted to ask ash a question he might not want to answer... ash if you are willing to say is your enabling power passive or active. That is can it be blocked in anyway beside from you dying? Basically could someone protect you w/o having your enabling power be blocked or is it all dependent on you being alive.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 03, 2014, 08:56:06 pm »

PPS can you clarify for me one more time that you only see people targeting the doctor to kill and not just targeting in general.

Right, I don't know who did the targeting only that the doctor was targeted for a killing action. As far as I know I would be left completely unaware of any other types of actions targeted towards the doctor or myself.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 03, 2014, 09:16:04 pm »

Okay well I'm kind of caught up on Today's posts. I'm extremely confused, but I'll say what thoughts I do have.

nkirbit's thoughts on Walrus read Towny to me. Unlike others, he analysed actual in-thread evidence rather than trying to guess scum kills and other night actions. What we know on that is pretty simple - sudgy targeted Walrus and died. No one else died. Scum could have killed sudgy, or they could have killed on a different Night. This casts suspicion on Walrus, but in-thread interactions should also be considered.

Not sure what to make of joth vs yuma. I don't understand pps's claim, although I'm pretty sure "the Doctor" or "the doctor" means EFHW.

e read scummy to me, although I can't remember why. Will have to revisit that.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 03, 2014, 09:17:38 pm »

EFHW or chairs - do you have any particular re-reads etc that you think it would be good for me to do to get myself back into the game?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 03, 2014, 09:29:41 pm »

EFHW, do you have any other role parameters outside of being the IC? A simple yes or no will suffice and a no comment is understandable but it would pertain to ascertaining whether you are "the doctor" or if maybe I protect someone else or multiple doctor titles/roles.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 03, 2014, 09:33:12 pm »

So everything is all together I will continue where I left off.

The reason that I voted xeiron:

I do not like the stances he has held (which I think are scummy) and the plans he has made for PRs (which I think are scummy).

Early D1 vote on Archetype.  First wagons never succeed, and usually end with more town cred to the person surviving them.  Xeiron was the first "real" vote on Archetype, building a (self-proclaimed) weak case against him. 

Comes up with the plan for sudgy to use. (which sudgy adopted)

Then comes up with all sorts of plans for how to occupy other PRs with sudgy.

Has an interesting post about how sudgy will probably die at night early, or if he doesn't we should lynch him.
If he has neither target scum or been nightkilled by then he is probably scum.
Basically this reads to me that he is telling Sudgy that his role must be used as a cop or we will lynch him.  (directing how PRs "should" be used)

Votes Ashersky, then votes Walrus when the wagon is really starting to get legs (L-3 vote), then switches back to Ashersky after Walrus gets to L-1.  He then switches back to Walrus after people start leaving Walrus for Archetype.  Then hammers Archetype when it becomes inevitable.  These are all back to back to back posts for him too.  He couldn't make up his mind whether he wanted to lynch town!ash or town!walrus then finally derp?hammers scum!arch.  If Ash or Walrus flip scum, then I think that clears xeiron, but right now his end of D1 voting is not extremely towny.  In fact, xeiron himself kind of calls it scummy. 
Yuma for trying to avoid a lynch at all.

why is this scummy?

It is scummy, because in a situation where we are close to deadline, and blitzvoting to reach a lynch, and one of the feasable lynch canditates is scum (Archetype), other scum members would try to avoid having their teammate lynched. Either by pushing another wagon, or by just trying to avoid any lynch as you did.
Xeiron did not even consider Archetype until the hammer

Xeiron has plans for Walrus to confirm Walrus/Joth as town or scum

Has a reads post where he accuses Joth of being scum for doing exactly what he himself did.
Scummy D1 for trying hard to lynch someone else than Archetype. On wagon at the last minute, when there was no other real lynch alternatives.

Jumps back onto Walrus after some claims.

So conclusion:  He hasn't done anything to stand out as scummy.  He hasn't done anything to stand out as towny.  Most of the claims we have had I don't want to lynch right now.  Ash could very well be scum enabling town, but as far as claims go, I like the ones he enables so we could always lynch Ash later, but not today.  Not a fan of Walrus, PPS, or Joth lynches.  Right now xeiron is my favorite lynch.  He has done just enough to avoid a lot of scrutiny, but I think that under scrutiny he is scum

PPE:3
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 03, 2014, 09:42:09 pm »

Oh I wanted to ask ash a question he might not want to answer... ash if you are willing to say is your enabling power passive or active. That is can it be blocked in anyway beside from you dying? Basically could someone protect you w/o having your enabling power be blocked or is it all dependent on you being alive.

I am willing to say that as long as I live, regeneration is enabled.  Doc, JK, etc. won't stop it, but would keep me alive.  Does that answer your question?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 03, 2014, 09:46:11 pm »

I could get on board with a Xeiron lynch.  I've sort of felt that most of the people involved in claims are towny.. or at the very least, I can't tell them apart.  I don't want to lynch any of them.

I think Joth has been more towny as of late.

I'm also less against a Walrus lynch than I was earlier, because of the info PPS brought forward.  I do think it incriminates Walrus a little bit, but I still am of the belief that Walrus is not Archetype's partner.  Before I said I would absolutely not go here.. now I think it's okay, both because there's a decent chance Walrus is our third party killer and it will give us information.

But, for the time being, I think 2.7 is making a lot of good points about Xeiron.  Enough for me to Vote: Xeiron 

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 03, 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

[case against Walrus]

Yeah, there are some good points that you make there.  Walrus could very well be scum just like you say.  But there was so much going on N1 that could manipulate actions that I do not really like lynching someone based on that sole read of what we assume sudgy did.  Also, the new information about his whole role being enabled is interesting.  I want to let it play out one more night for him and all the other (currently) claimed roles.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 03, 2014, 10:07:57 pm »

EFHW or chairs - do you have any particular re-reads etc that you think it would be good for me to do to get myself back into the game?

We could use a detailed reread of Walrus or 2.7.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.