Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157265 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1100 on: January 05, 2014, 09:36:27 pm »

2.7 summary since the IC wants one and no one else seems to want to do it (just D1.  someone else can do D2.  I just got bored with doing my own summary):

An extremely lackluster D1.  Really only has 6 posts with any content.  There was some V/LA going on, but really it seems like he was just struggling to get into the game (ok that is me giving my own interpretation rather than a non-biased summary)

#195 - A post analyzing Ash's enabler claim.  Ends with saying that he does not support an Ash lynch

#209 - A post about the stump claim.  Not much here though

#262 - A reads post.  Does not have any scum reads.  There was the interesting obv!town on Archetype, but upon further consideration that really looks like a OMGU(are awesome) joke since Arch had a town read on him.  I mean, giving town reads out because someone says you are town?  obv!joke

#338 - Full reread post.  No strong scum reads.  Although Faust seems scummy to him.  And Joth also was seeming scummier.

#379 - A narrowing the lynch pool post.  ends up voting xeiron

#530 - Approaching the deadline, votes Archetype because of the scummy vote/unvote/vote of Walrus at L-1.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 05, 2014, 09:36:27 pm »

So, imagine you are scum.  Your partner is at L-2.  There are 20 minutes left until deadline.  Do you vote?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 05, 2014, 09:37:50 pm »

I am smelling a Pingpongsam - Ashersky scumteam.
I would need to reread once more to make sure facts actually fits such a narrative, but it looks like it on the top of my head.
Some new info could also help.

EFHW, would you mind answering some questions?

1. Can you time travel?

2. Are you told that you are enabeled? If yes. Your whole role, as Walrus, or a specific part?

Seriously...

Calling scumteams based off???? What??? Why am I the only person who finds xeiron ridiculously scummy? EFHW am I completely off base here? I don't think I am and I am really trying to not come at this with a bias, but I am sure I have some, but I seem to be completely alone in this area.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 05, 2014, 09:39:02 pm »

So, imagine you are scum.  Your partner is at L-2.  There are 20 minutes left until deadline.  Do you vote?

When are we talking about? Day1 of this game. No. I probably wouldn't, especially in a RMM game where my partner is a bus driver. But it completely depends on the context of the game.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 05, 2014, 09:40:01 pm »

I am smelling a Pingpongsam - Ashersky scumteam.
I would need to reread once more to make sure facts actually fits such a narrative, but it looks like it on the top of my head.
Some new info could also help.

EFHW, would you mind answering some questions?

1. Can you time travel?

2. Are you told that you are enabeled? If yes. Your whole role, as Walrus, or a specific part?

Seriously...

Calling scumteams based off???? What??? Why am I the only person who finds xeiron ridiculously scummy? EFHW am I completely off base here? I don't think I am and I am really trying to not come at this with a bias, but I am sure I have some, but I seem to be completely alone in this area.

But he always does this - takes a little bit of info and develops a complicated theory.  I'm surprised he didn't think it might be detrimental for me to answer. 

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 05, 2014, 09:42:16 pm »

To be clear, regeneration was the last unrevealed bit I was referring to.

oops.  forgot to include your regeneration part of the claim. 

So Walrus is River Song.  An enabled, regenerating, time-traveling, even night vig/odd night roleblocker
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:00 pm »

I'm going to come out and say that my top scumread is Jotheonah.  I'd like to hear what you guys think about that.

I still do find him scummy for his actions as the Archetype wagon started yesterday.  I would be willing to lynch there, as I have no confidence that there's scum in either PPS or Walrus.

This is me completely... Except I vastly prefer xeiron.

can you point us to your xeiron case?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 05, 2014, 09:48:41 pm »

pps your getting a message telling you the protection was successful seems a little strange.  Does that happen with bodyguards in general? Can you shed any more light on that?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 05, 2014, 09:51:34 pm »

I'm going to come out and say that my top scumread is Jotheonah.  I'd like to hear what you guys think about that.

I still do find him scummy for his actions as the Archetype wagon started yesterday.  I would be willing to lynch there, as I have no confidence that there's scum in either PPS or Walrus.

I'll try, I am having a really hard time accessing the forum and posting and I need to get to bed soon... but I havne't written up just a big post with a case cause that isn't how I am approaching this game, but if I can't get this up just search my name and you will see a handful of posts that show where I am pointing out stuff xeiron has done.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 05, 2014, 09:52:10 pm »

This was where I ended up on a xeiron vote D1, and here is where I ended up with a xeiron vote D2

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: January 05, 2014, 09:55:39 pm »

In fact, with all of the claiming, vigging, and stuff happening I think that I will place my vote on a vote: xeiron right now.

PPS may very well be scum, but I want to see if he dies from the alleged vig. 

Walrus may very well be scum, but I don't really get a scummy feeling from him

Jotheonah may very well be scum, but I actually kind of believe his very modest claim among all outlandish claims.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 05, 2014, 09:55:52 pm »

pps your getting a message telling you the protection was successful seems a little strange.  Does that happen with bodyguards in general? Can you shed any more light on that?

It happens with bulletproof.  It doesn't really happen with bodyguards in general, because bodyguards usually die, right?  Their notification is that they're dead.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 05, 2014, 09:56:48 pm »

I'm warming up to the idea of a 2.7 lynch.  He's been giving me a bad feeling.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 05, 2014, 09:56:56 pm »

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 05, 2014, 10:04:26 pm »

Even if you lead a lynch against me, I still think you are the towniest person around (except EFHW)

Right now I have a strong town read on nkirbit

Modest town read on yuma

50/50 read on Jimmmmm (primarily lurky), Faust, Ashersky (his enabling could be town or scum I don't know which and until then he is on the null side) and Walrus (I would say town except for the sudgy result which brings him down to null)

Modest scum read on Joth, PPS, and xeiron and of those three I like my vote on xeiron

and then there is stumpy chairs. 

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 05, 2014, 10:09:09 pm »

Not really anything else to say. The message was unexpected, there is no mention of it in my role PM. IINM the typical bodyguard role targets his beneficiary and dies in place of them. I suppose the notification is informative in place of just outright dying since I regenerate from the shot and I don't know who the beneficiary is regardless of what everyone else concludes. Considering I have no other abilities the information seems to be the thing I get to actually use to locate scum as opposed to say a watcher result or cop result although a whodunnit would certainly be far more useful.

PPE: 5 no changes made
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 05, 2014, 10:10:31 pm »

Oh yeah, Chairs.  I've completely forgotten about him.

There just has to be something more to his role, right?  I mean, if I joined a game and was given a role saying, "Starting day 2, you can't really play anymore".. i'd be moderately to very pissed.  That just sucks.  RMM should be about everyone having a fun role.. which leads me to think there must be some twist there.

But we'll worry about that if/when it comes up.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 05, 2014, 10:10:38 pm »

Walrus what led you to pick pps as your vig victim?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 05, 2014, 10:11:58 pm »

I think you need to say more!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 05, 2014, 10:17:08 pm »

I'm having issues with the forums going down.. every other page gives me a "server is too busy message".

I'll be back in a bit to explore it more, but I don't have a solid case at the moment.  The thing that has me the must uneasy is how he reacted to your claim and what it meant for PPS.  He immediately started pushing PPS.. and didn't appear to later back off and reconsider until others did so and said we should do so.  (If I recall correctly).  That's exactly the sort of position I expect scum to take with regards to PPS.. push him heavily, and when he flips town, say, "Well, it's not my fault, PPS shouldn't have lied/been as inconsistent as he was."

Of course, the above is assuming PPS is town.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 05, 2014, 10:17:38 pm »

Oh yeah, Chairs.  I've completely forgotten about him.

There just has to be something more to his role, right?  I mean, if I joined a game and was given a role saying, "Starting day 2, you can't really play anymore".. i'd be moderately to very pissed.  That just sucks.  RMM should be about everyone having a fun role.. which leads me to think there must be some twist there.

But we'll worry about that if/when it comes up.

I was curious if he might be an odd day town/even day stump.  Maybe some more stuff.  Maybe an enabler?  I think that there is a very real possibility of multiple enablers.  Maybe Ash enables regeneration, someone else enables other powers.  This is all pure speculation though

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 05, 2014, 10:18:55 pm »

and didn't appear to later back off and reconsider until others did so and said we should do so.  (If I recall correctly). 

you don't recall correctly.  The post after Walrus said he vigged PPS for N2 I unvoted.  That did not take away my scumread, just my vote.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 05, 2014, 10:29:11 pm »

But you haven't yet gone back to PPS.  All you've said is, "I want to see how the vig plays out."  I think that's bad, because scum almost certainly are able to regenerate, or roleblock, or something else that would mess up the kill.  Hell, PPS was the first one to bring forth regeneration, right?  That means that if PPS is scum, he or a teammate have regeneration or a way to cause regeneration.

But you haven't even considered lynching PPS anyway.  I know if I believed that PPS was scum, I'd probably be voting there regardless... but you haven't appeared to be putting any thought towards the issue.  It's something worth discussing, at the very least

Town has a lot of incentive to talk about PPS if he turns out to be scum, because the answer to "Should we lynch him anyway" isn't immediately obvious.

Mafia has an incentive to back off, because they don't want to waste a mislynch on someone who is possibly getting killed tonight anyway.

I don't think town who thinks PPS is scum should say, "Nah, let's wait til tomorrow".  Scum wants to do that more, IMO.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 05, 2014, 10:39:54 pm »

I'll check in tomorrow before work and put down a final vote as I won't be around for deadline... but I am fairly confident I wont' be voting for either pps or walrus, really I would vote for joth, Jimmm or xeiron

I see nkirbit's points about 2.7, but don't fully agree with them, anything he has done I feel that xeiron has done more so, whereas 2.7 I feel had a townier response to the arch wagon (this is purely based off memory, so I can't be completely sure about it) and has just felt more like town trying to get a correct lynch than scum trying to get a mislynch....

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 05, 2014, 10:42:47 pm »

I'll re-read Xeiron soon.  I don't agree that Xeiron calling a scumteam makes him scummy at all (he certainly did way crazier things as town in innovation).  I agreed that I found him a bit scummier earlier (even voting for him, I think), though I'm not 100% sure why.  But I'll check it out.  And post more on 2.7, hopefully.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.